Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:29 AM   #13226
cds0699
LOSING
 
cds0699's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,028
Re: Equity Experiment

Solid thread, would read again.
cds0699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 AM   #13227
Sn8keChaRmer
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 205
Re: Equity Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by apefish View Post
As it turns out (somewhat ironically) thanks to the 2+2 rng Juk got one of the mocking accounts when he signed up.
So you also dont agree with my last post?

Are either of you actual serious/winning players? You dont sound like it.
Sn8keChaRmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:43 AM   #13228
apefish
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
apefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: gotta put this one on caesars
Posts: 14,625
Re: Equity Experiment

solid edit to get the extra zing in.

Your post talks about a cursed account and attempting to workaround it by violating terms and conditions. So I'll ask the same- are you sure YOU are a serious poker player.
apefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:48 AM   #13229
Sn8keChaRmer
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 205
Re: Equity Experiment

K well good night, I hope even though we dont see eye to eye on me asking someone to analize my account(which somehow everyone argued a simple request), I hope that maybe you think about what I said about being respectful in the way you communicate with others. Theres just a better way to conduct yourself.

And at the time in 2007 I was unaware of the multi account policies. I had started on UB where it was standard to multi account. Since then I have done nothing but follow the rules to the T. It was nice getting paid to learn that lesson though
Sn8keChaRmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:51 AM   #13230
LunaEqualsLuna
veteran
 
LunaEqualsLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: armed with chip and a chart
Posts: 2,774
Angry Re: Equity Experiment

Quote:
Are you a mod? Why did you enter this thread attacking me?
Probably came into this thread expecting something interesting/educational (as did I) but instead found another nicely disguised rigtard thread.

Quote:
Are either of you actual serious/winning players? You dont sound like it.
I'm pretty sure ape and juk are winning players...

As for being serious, well not in this thread. Its a rigtard thread after all, I personally use them to hone my sarcasm detection skills, to increase my post count (obviously because it makes my posts seem more authoritative!!!) and also because i like a laugh.

Just read the great rigtard thread (collected threads edition) for an idea of why you got flamed.

Quote:
we dont see eye to eye on me asking someone to analize my account
I will give you some useful help though. It's analyse (or analyze if you hate british spellings). Ship me some money on stars if that helped cuz as you mentioned everyone who doesn't support you is busto
LunaEqualsLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:53 AM   #13231
Chips Ahoy
help me help you
 
Chips Ahoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: making triangles
Posts: 28,868
Re: Equity Experiment

In all seriousness, if you want your ideas to be taken seriously, spelling counts:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/analyze

Evidence is great too, but start with spelling.

hth.
Chips Ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:59 AM   #13232
Sn8keChaRmer
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 205
Re: Equity Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaEqualsLuna View Post
Probably came into this thread expecting something interesting/educational (as did I) but instead found another nicely disguised rigtard thread.



I'm pretty sure ape and juk are winning players...

As for being serious, well not in this thread. Its a rigtard thread after all, I personally use them to hone my sarcasm detection skills, to increase my post count (obviously because it makes my posts seem more authoritative!!!) and also because i like a laugh.

Just read the great rigtard thread (collected threads edition) for an idea of why you got flamed.
Yeah I think Im just being stereotyped though. Im not claiming its rigged. But obviously if you were me you would wonder why you have one account that runs substantially worse than all your others. And if you were witness to what I go through on that account on a daily basis I think you would think differently. Out everything that people have flamed me for I still havent got any answers as to why I have 5 accounts across five sites all above 45% roi over no less than 1500 games and one account on Stars with 5% and one multi account there with %285(granted over a super small sample but right in the middle of a horrible run on Stars with my other account. Whatever it is, it's definitly odd and Im just trying to find out why. If poker is rigged its rigged for me because overall Im doing pretty good

[QUOTE=Chips Ahoy;16680348]In all seriousness, if you want your ideas to be taken seriously, spelling counts:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/analyze

QUOTE]

If thats what you look for in a post in a forum like this than you have problems sir
Sn8keChaRmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:13 AM   #13233
jukofyork
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jukofyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Trollstopia, UK
Posts: 11,610
Re: Equity Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by apefish View Post
As it turns out (somewhat ironically) thanks to the 2+2 rng Juk got one of the mocking accounts when he signed up.
I only make fun of the rigtards and "HUDBOTs are stealing my moniez!!!" posts (basically because both are just saying: I'm not winning [enough] but since I'm such a good player it can't possibly be my fault, so I'll blame it on <XXXXXXX> instead). You'll never see me make fun of any other type of post and generally I go out of my way to help people (and always have done).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8keChaRmer View Post
Are you a mod? Why did you enter this thread attacking me? Isnt there a better way to communicate your thoughts than talking like this to people. IF you think Im wrong just state your opinion in a respectful way. Much more conducive to a learning enviorment which this is. Right?
It doesn't matter how me or anybody else try to communicate our opinions to you (and pretty much every other rigtard who's ever come to 2+2), as you have no intention of listening to any opinion that isn't in agreement with your conspiracy theory.

Even ignoring the fact that the whole idea of doomed accounts is ludicrous, pretty much any half decent poker player will tell you that 1/5 of a month's worth of MTT results is a totally meaningless sample size... If you can't see that then you have no hope of ever understanding the results of any "Equity Experiment" presented to you anyway.

Juk
jukofyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:35 AM   #13234
Chips Ahoy
help me help you
 
Chips Ahoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: making triangles
Posts: 28,868
Re: Equity Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8keChaRmer View Post
If thats what you look for in a post in a forum like this than you have problems sir
I look for pics of hot women in posts in a forum like this. Spelling hurting your presentation is just a fact.

Your rigtard theory -- which you dance around, but you're eager to dismiss alternatives, so I'm pretty sure that's what you actually believe -- is a diagnosis by process of elimination (since you don't actually have evidence). For process of elimination to be effective, you have to look for other possibilities to eliminate.

Maybe I can brainstorm some other theories that are equally plausible?
  • Viewing your success at other sites as evidence that you should succeed at Stars relies on the implicit assumption that the players are equally skilled at the different sites you play. This is obviously not true generally and it's easy to imagine reasons why the player base at Stars are more skilled. Note that skilled should be interpreted broadly.
  • As a particular example of skill, consider data mining. It's possible your opponents are using technology from data mining & HUDs to exploit you only at Stars. Or to allow them to exploit your opponents better than you. As a bonus, this theory is consistent with your new account having success.
  • Your running bad can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. You take the idea of a cursed account seriously enough to post a thread on the topic, it's quite plausible you play differently 'knowing' that your account is cursed.
  • The simplest, most straight forward answer is it's normal variance or a lack of skill on your part. That is the answer in 99% of the threads like yours. Your posts have reinforced that you don't understand what normal variance looks like. You are not willing to consider the skill hypothesis ever. Until you present something that contradicts the simple, obvious answer, not many posters will respond seriously. Somebody posted this helpful link: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45...0-14-a-370373/ -- This is work that you need to do.
Chips Ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:42 AM   #13235
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I guess not.


Does anyone know when he'll be back?
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:48 AM   #13236
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGambler View Post
I guess not.


Does anyone know when he'll be back?
There are a few groups around with theories on the matter.

All prospective dates issued so far have been missed, however.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:51 AM   #13237
LunaEqualsLuna
veteran
 
LunaEqualsLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: armed with chip and a chart
Posts: 2,774
Angry Re: Equity Experiment

Quote:
Yeah I think Im just being stereotyped though
Maybe, but it is a stereotype that has been seen on these forums so often. Whether you think so or not, your post IS a rigtard thread. They come in so many disguises, this came in a well disguised thread title but the content of your OP screams "I'M A RIGTARD!"

Here is the rigtard formula

1) New person signs up to 2+2 and 'innocently' asks if poker is rigged something is odd because X (where X is something bad) happens so much and they don't feel it is right.

2) Some forumers kindly take the time to explain in detail why it is almost overwhelming far likely to be simple variance inherent in a game of luck especially with small sample sizes and not any conspiracy against them.

3) New person ignores all explanations and insists that it is statistically impossible that his AA should lose 3 times in a row and that site must be rigged!

4) Some people give up, and start flaming, other more determined souls, try to further convince him.

5) New person completely transforms into a rigtard, calls everyone on 2+2 a shill working for the poker site and goes on a rant until they eventually get flamed and leave.

I have yet to see a single rigtard thread (and I've read a LOT) not turn out the way I've described above so personally i have no reason to see why this one won't.
LunaEqualsLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #13238
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,348
Re: Equity Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8keChaRmer View Post
Are you a mod? Why did you enter this thread attacking me? Isnt there a better way to communicate your thoughts than talking like this to people. IF you think Im wrong just state your opinion in a respectful way. Much more conducive to a learning enviorment which this is. Right?
Your chances of getting good, friendly advice aren't helped with responses like this to what was some pretty solid advice IMO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8keChaRmer View Post
lol seriously? You really feel the need to talk to people like this. Im gonna stop responding to the flames as its just a super pahtetic way to communicate.
And obviously you failed at the last part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8keChaRmer View Post
Id really like to hear anyone of the critics ideas on why I have one account thats 40% lower roi than all the rest. And why I started a new account on Stars and destroyed and then went back to nothing on the original account. I dont see anyone giving me an explanation for that. Just taking out their life frustrations in talking down to other people. sigh even the mods do it. guess thats standard practice here
Actually, a few people have, you just didn't like the answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8keChaRmer View Post
Yeah I think Im just being stereotyped though. Im not claiming its rigged.
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8keChaRmer View Post
But obviously if you were me you would wonder why you have one account that runs substantially worse than all your others.
I wouldn't. Of course, I wouldn't have started a second account in the first place. I would've figured that Stars was one of the tougher sites and moved back to a site where I was winning. It would never occur to me to dream up some scenario where my account was "cursed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8keChaRmer View Post
Out everything that people have flamed me for I still havent got any answers as to why I have 5 accounts across five sites all above 45% roi over no less than 1500 games and one account on Stars with 5% and one multi account there with %285(granted over a super small sample but right in the middle of a horrible run on Stars with my other account.
Again, you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8keChaRmer View Post
If thats what you look for in a post in a forum like this than you have problems sir
Perhaps it's nitty, but your amusing spelling mistake had been pointed out to you twice before and you continued to spell it incorrectly. It does make you look a little silly.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #13239
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

We should leave Jesus Christ out of this thread. Please and Thanks.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #13240
advancedURU
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 119
Re: Equity Experiment

also you can try PT3 + Sng Luck
advancedURU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #13241
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

http://www.switched.com/2010/02/05/l...-on-your-pc%2F
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #13242
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
[x] Internet explorer is rigged.
[x] Internet explorer is not online poker.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #13243
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
[x] Internet explorer is rigged.
[x] Internet explorer is not online poker.
Prove that Elvis is dead.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #13244
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Prove that Elvis is dead.
Your posts are becoming ever more erratically off topic.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #13245
orcha
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 78
Re: Equity Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8keChaRmer View Post
Well I feel I have a real heartbeat of the opinion of the busto 2+2 crowd. Thx for sharing guys. I purchased Holdem Manager earlier and Im going to set it up with the luck analizer and then show the comparison of 5 different accounts including my Stars over the next month of play so then we can have some info that we would all be able to agree is valid and cant be disputed by life hating sad sacks that post out of frustration of not being able to profit. In reality nobody knows exactly what Im dealing with on this account and its really hard for you to make the accusations that you so passionatly do. I think when someone thats been a consistant winner for three years on all sites makes an accusation like I have that its best to not to assume that Im just some rigtard complaining about not being able to make money. I make a pretty decent living playing poker and have no worries. I have however found a huge inconsistancy with this account and I think its in everyones best interest that we constantly keep our guard up to investigate anything that seems out of the norm just as the sites do to us so everyone can keep eachother honest.

TY to the few people who responded respectfully. Your information has been useful and I appreciate it
90% of 2+2rs are sad sacks, if you want help find another site.
orcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #13246
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Your posts are becoming ever more erratically off topic.
I figured I might as well join the crowd since people want to involve my savior, Jesus Christ, to the debate.

-Also that link I quoted is very relevant and if you read in depth, this flaw would in fact, if obtained by the right(wrong) people, could exploit individual's hole card information.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #13247
LunaEqualsLuna
veteran
 
LunaEqualsLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: armed with chip and a chart
Posts: 2,774
Angry Re: Equity Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcha View Post
90% of 2+2rs are sad sacks, if you want help find another site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcha View Post
How can i **** sucking mother****ing ****** ass whore ****** win? I get sucked out on every goddamn ****** ****** ***** slut **** whore time. **** you
.
LunaEqualsLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #13248
Poker_whiz
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
this flaw would in fact, if obtained by the right(wrong) people, could exploit individual's hole card information.
No. Only possible after HH write to disk (too late). I read some of this thread and see where you always find, how you say, "boogie men" every where. Under every bed, like child.
Poker_whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #13249
Sn8keChaRmer
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 205
Re: Equity Experiment

lol@2+2

This was fun guys

Rupert Pumpkin strikes again

I usually always get Juk to troll my thread pretty early but its not till I get Bobo to stop in with his "hatemylife" posts that I know Ive finally made it. gg mods
Sn8keChaRmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #13250
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,055
Re: Equity Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8keChaRmer View Post
lol@2+2

This was fun guys

Rupert Pumpkin strikes again

I usually always get Juk to troll my thread pretty early but its not till I get Bobo to stop in with his "hatemylife" posts that I know Ive finally made it. gg mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
Assuming you are not a gimmick account (which does not really matter if you are)
Pretty sure everyone operates under those conditions. If you are a gimmick account it does not matter because you say the exact same things a serious person with those beliefs would say anyway, so they are answering the posts (usually with a tad of sarcasm) to anyone with those genuine beliefs, whether you are for real or not.

Ironically, you are not a significant part of the actual equation. You did the equivalent of talking about the lunch you had at McDonalds and when someone comments on how their Big Macs suck you say "haha got you, I ate at Burger King!"

Congrats on that massive trolling achievement which no doubt shocked everyone...

Some people really have tiny goals.


All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive