Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,445 34.94%
No 5,522 56.00%
Undecided 893 9.06%
Voters: 9860. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #13076
SwedishMedusa
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 390
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I had to look up "impasse" but having done that I'm with Monty.
SwedishMedusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #13077
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
Definitions of impasse on the Web:
* deadlock: a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible; "reached an impasse on the negotiations"
* blind alley: a street with only one way in or out
A bargaining impasse occurs when the two sides negotiating an agreement are unable to reach an agreement and become deadlocked. ...
This fellow believes they are at an impasse because they disagree on how this thread should be handled.
Since they are unable to reach an agreement on that issue, technically that is an impasse, but in reality that impasse exists in his mind only as his opinion has zero weight on the topic. It is a totally artificial, meaningless impasse, hence for all intents and purposes in the real world (where I exist) it is not an impasse at all. Hence, my dry comment of
And of course I said specifically "Less of an impasse as you may think." In case any reading comprehension issues linger, that means I acknowledged that technically an "impasse" existed. However, it did not matter.
Using an alley example, if you and an elephant were in an alley walking toward each other with no way to get by each other you would technically be at an impasse when you met up. As the elephant walked over you without pausing for a second you could think about how much of an impasse really was in place from the start.
I know you don't play poker qpw, but pretending you lack common sense with regards to context of language in order to create a personal attack on me is lame even for you. Rare for me to suggest this, but perhaps you should just stick with calling people "******s." That seems to be your niche anyway.
However, you should not react until we decide what you should do next since after all we are at an impasse on that, right?
Notwithstanding the great gobbet of mental masturbation you have indulged in above, the salient point that you quoted is: "* deadlock: a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible;"

You will note that it did not say: "* deadlock: a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible and where Monteroy believes that both parties may have a valid position".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMedusa View Post
I had to look up "impasse" but having done that I'm with Monty.
Then you have, I fear, misunderstood the meaning of the word.

There is nothing in its definition about the validity of the arguments on either side. It is simply the definition of of a state of affairs where neither party will move. That virtually requires that each side is incapable of seeing any validity in the other's augments.

If you can point us to a definition whereby the arguments on either side have to be validated by a self appointed arbiter I'll change my view.

Last edited by qpw; 02-05-2010 at 09:56 AM.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #13078
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,099
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Notwithstanding the great gobbet of mental masturbation you have indulged in above, the salient point that you quoted is: "* deadlock: a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible;"

You will note that it did not say: "* deadlock: a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible and where Monteroy believes that both parties may have a valid position".



Then you have, I fear, misunderstood the meaning of the word.

There is nothing in its definition about the validity of the arguments on either side. It is simply the definition of of a state of affairs where neither party will move. That virtually requires that each side is incapable of seeing any validity in the other's augments.

If, you can point us to a definition whereby the arguments on either side have to be validated by a self appointed arbiter I'll change my view.


Woo, semantics games. Guess that is a nice diversion from your non play.

Fine, let me use nice easy words


Random tricksy riggie (or whatever he was) said "Me no like thread"

Bobo, who can actually do something about that, effectively and politely said "Me no care."


Bobo patted random tricksy riggie on head and carried on as if nothing happened, because realistically nothing did happen.


If you think that is a genuine impasse and you are going to use micro definitions of that term for your current means of launching personal attacks then again I highly suggest you revert to the "Me think U ******" mode that got you where you are today.

Good luck at the tables today. Heh.

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #13079
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I think QPW works for NASA. He knows after I expose super bots, I'm going after Lizard People and Niburans...
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #13080
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
Woo, semantics games.
Nope.

Just confirming that the word means exactly what the dictionary says it means and does not have a hidden meanings that mean you have to approve the arguments on either side.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #13081
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I think QPW works for NASA. He knows after I expose super bots, I'm going after Lizard People and Niburans...
You should think very carefully before going after The Lizard People.

The are not regulated by the government.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #13082
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Does that mean we're at an impasse?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #13083
SwedishMedusa
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 390
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Then you have, I fear, misunderstood the meaning of the word.

There is nothing in its definition about the validity of the arguments on either side. It is simply the definition of of a state of affairs where neither party will move. That virtually requires that each side is incapable of seeing any validity in the other's augments.

If you can point us to a definition whereby the arguments on either side have to be validated by a self appointed arbiter I'll change my view.
I just don't see it as a deadlock of any sort. And that does not have to do with the validity of anyones argument but due to the fact that it's 2+2 who has the final say.

The argument has reached a stalemate, granted. But that's irrelevant since the ruling has already been made. The thread will continue to exist. Thus there is de facto no stalemate.

IMO.
SwedishMedusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #13084
smithcommajohn
grinder
 
smithcommajohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: acceptance
Posts: 533
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I think QPW works for NASA. He knows after I expose super bots, I'm going after Lizard People and Niburans...
wait a minute... wtf are Niburans?
smithcommajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #13085
SwedishMedusa
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 390
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

i dunno

this?

http://www.nibiruancouncil.com/
SwedishMedusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #13086
smithcommajohn
grinder
 
smithcommajohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: acceptance
Posts: 533
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMedusa View Post
umm... wow!
smithcommajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #13087
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,099
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMedusa View Post
I just don't see it as a deadlock of any sort. And that does not have to do with the validity of anyones argument but due to the fact that it's 2+2 who has the final say.

The argument has reached a stalemate, granted. But that's irrelevant since the ruling has already been made. The thread will continue to exist. Thus there is de facto no stalemate.

IMO.
Actually, it is a matter of perspective.

The fellow who initially declared he was at an impasse, was from his perspective at one because he thought it was some sort of stalemate where each side had some power in the discussion. His flaw was not recognizing that he had zero power and thus the impasse as he believed it to be has zero actual practical meaning. It was if he was declaring the sun will not set today and stating he is at an impasse with anyone who disagreed. Well, not really a practical real world impasse, but from HIS perspective an actual impasse exists.

From Bobo's perspective it was never an impasse of beliefs. Bobo simply said why the thread would remain and moved on which was the proper reply. Polite, but essentially saying "if you are here these are the rules you will play by, take it or leave it - I don't care which you choose." From his perspective it was more of a "heh, what impasse?"

From my perspective, I somewhat mockingly tried to point out to the initial poster that his impasse was not quite what he thought it to be, and as I often do in even my mocking posts I did offer a list of genuinely constructive suggestions/options that were quite accurate for his situation.

From qpw's perspective he saw an opportunity to turn this into a personal attack which is how he rolls and that is part of the nature of this thread, thus we have letter of the law/spirit of the law debate about the definition of the word impasse. From his perspective that's being clever. I think it's needless fancy play and suggested a better approach that is a more natural fit of his style (ie: calling others ******s).

Ironically, In this latter case, we do have an actual impasse of what his best approach of trash talking me should be, and with two blowhards (only one of whom is self aware of that) going at it that could last a while.

Impasses - all a matter of perspective.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #13088
SwedishMedusa
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 390
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
Impasses - all a matter of perspective.
this could make for a great motivational poster if I only could find a fitting pic
SwedishMedusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #13089
Poker_whiz
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMedusa View Post
this could make for a great motivational poster if I only could find a fitting pic
http://images.google.com/images?gbv=...=&aqi=&start=0

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...d=0CA4QqwQwAA#
Poker_whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #13090
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMedusa View Post
I just don't see it as a deadlock of any sort. And that does not have to do with the validity of anyones argument but due to the fact that it's 2+2 who has the final say.
The primary definition includes the explanation: "a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible".

Can any progress be made? No.
Can the argument be advanced? No.

Monteroy has introduced an irrelevance based upon the fact that Bob could if he so wished, take some action.

The impasse is because one person believes one position and the other believes the opposite and neither can persuade the other.

The fact that if one side changed their opinion they could make some change is irrelevant.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #13091
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMedusa View Post
Those people are nuts lol...

Seriously watch this...insane...AKA Annunaki, aka Lizard People, it gets good at 3:40...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnCkHoCkubc
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #13092
smithcommajohn
grinder
 
smithcommajohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: acceptance
Posts: 533
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Those people are nuts lol...

Seriously watch this...insane...AKA Annunaki, aka Lizard People, it gets good at 3:40...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnCkHoCkubc
So, we're basically genetically engineered slaves of aliens? When they get back they're gonna be pissed when they see what we've been up to.
smithcommajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #13093
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Those people are nuts lol...

Seriously watch this...insane...AKA Annunaki, aka Lizard People, it gets good at 3:40...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnCkHoCkubc
No, they're not nuts at all. It's funny until you see that the lady in that first link is charging $125/hour to people for "counselling". This guy is plugging a book. You want to go after fraud, TK, go after these guys. These people are just taking advantage of gullible people. Kinda like the sceintologists.
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #13094
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,099
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
The primary definition includes the explanation: "a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible".

Can any progress be made? No.
Can the argument be advanced? No.
And from that triksy guy's perspective that is where he saw the world. Hence from his perspective it was an impasse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Monteroy has introduced an irrelevance based upon the fact that Bob could if he so wished, take some action.
I live in the real world. It is a fun place. Try it some time, you might like it.

In the real world Bobo saw this guys post, and politely replied with "this is how it works" and moved on. From his perspective he did advance the debate by bringing it to a conclusion (even if tricksy guy refused to accept it was over).

Bobo advanced his position and concluded the discussion, hence no impasse existed from his perspective, even if tricksy guy was still mumbling about impasses after the fact. It was over.



Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
The impasse is because one person believes one position and the other believes the opposite and neither can persuade the other.

In this case, one side did not have to persuade the other, so the underlying conditions of an impasse never existed. Hence, it was not as much of an impasse as tricksy guy thought the whole time, since whether he was persuaded or not was in the end irrelevant.


Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
The fact that if one side changed their opinion they could make some change is irrelevant.
No problem. Test your theory in the real world by going on the street and blocking traffic. When the cops come and say "move it or we arrest you" tell them that you and not yet persuaded and you will not move and you are declaring an impasse exists.

As you get hauled off to jail and meet Bubba your new best friend in your cell think about how significant an "impasse" existed that entire time in the REAL world, even if in your mind it was as solid as a rock. Then hope Bubba is gentle, because that aint an impasse either.


The fact that one side can completely decide the outcome of a situation makes it as I said long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
Less of an impasse as you may think.

You get it yet? Tricky guy thought he was at an impasse. He wasn't as it was only an impasse in his own mind. I was explaining to him why his perception of an impasse existing was wrong. That's all.

You know how to define words. Work on applying them to the context of a situation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arouet View Post
No, they're not nuts at all. It's funny until you see that the lady in that first link is charging $125/hour to people for "counselling". This guy is plugging a book. You want to go after fraud, TK, go after these guys. These people are just taking advantage of gullible people. Kinda like the sceintologists.
Some of these are indeed very effective business models for their targets. I hate what they do, but I do respect how they identify their system (ie: targets/customers) and derive as much value from the system as they can based on the customer/victim's flaws. I keep suggesting riggies do the same!
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #13095
TwoMoos
adept
 
TwoMoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Uncertainty
Posts: 1,090
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Why has spadebidder banned himself? Is there a compulsive urge causing some sort of problem?
TwoMoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #13096
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
It is.

I spent three years living in Cork and it was great (if a little wet).
Somehow i dont think i qualify for the job.


Also i feel bad for Montys girlfriend.

Last edited by batair; 02-05-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: even if it is just his hand
batair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #13097
TwoMoos
adept
 
TwoMoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Uncertainty
Posts: 1,090
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
Somehow i dont think i qualify for the job.


Also i feel bad for Montys girlfriend.
(This is the rigged thread, not the girlfriend thread.)

Why has a respected antirigger, spadebidder, banned himself?

And this thread never dies because new scandals are inevitable, whether due to rigging or not. The threat of rigging never goes away.
TwoMoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #13098
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoMoos View Post
(This is the rigged thread, not the girlfriend thread.)
Tell that to the definition nit.
Quote:
Why has a respected antirigger, spadebidder, banned himself?
What did the mod say when you pm'd him.
Quote:
And this thread never dies because new scandals are inevitable, whether due to rigging or not. The threat of rigging never goes away.
Um.. i did not know that ty for helping me out.
batair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #13099
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
And from that triksy guy's perspective that is where he saw the world. Hence from his perspective it was an impasse.
I live in the real world. It is a fun place. Try it some time, you might like it.
In the real world Bobo saw this guys post, and politely replied with "this is how it works" and moved on. From his perspective he did advance the debate by bringing it to a conclusion (even if tricksy guy refused to accept it was over).Bobo advanced his position and concluded the discussion, hence no impasse existed from his perspective, even if tricksy guy was still mumbling about impasses after the fact. It was over.In this case, one side did not have to persuade the other, so the underlying conditions of an impasse never existed. Hence, it was not as much of an impasse as tricksy guy thought the whole time, since whether he was persuaded or not was in the end irrelevant.
No problem. Test your theory in the real world by going on the street and blocking traffic. When the cops come and say "move it or we arrest you" tell them that you and not yet persuaded and you will not move and you are declaring an impasse exists.As you get hauled off to jail and meet Bubba your new best friend in your cell think about how significant an "impasse" existed that entire time in the REAL world, even if in your mind it was as solid as a rock. Then hope Bubba is gentle, because that aint an impasse either.The fact that one side can completely decide the outcome of a situation makes it as I said long ago You get it yet? Tricky guy thought he was at an impasse. He wasn't as it was only an impasse in his own mind. I was explaining to him why his perception of an impasse existing was wrong. That's all. You know how to define words. Work on applying them to the context of a situation.
Some of these are indeed very effective business models for their targets. I hate what they do, but I do respect how they identify their system (ie: targets/customers) and derive as much value from the system as they can based on the customer/victim's flaws. I keep suggesting riggies do the same!
tl;dr

You can witter on and spout as much sophistry as much as you like . It won't change the fact that they reached an impasse.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #13100
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,099
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
tl;dr

You can witter on and spout as much sophistry as much as you like . It won't change the fact that they reached an impasse.

Heh, you have caved to the level of intentionally misquoting people. Classy way to concede. Why not just pile in 4 or 5 of my separate posts in a single paragraph lump if you are going for that gimmicky riggie style approach.


Dude, one person declaring an impasse does not an impasse make, especially when the power equation is 100/0 against him.

You fake play poker and you live in a non-real world with how you interpret and analyze human behavior. It's as if everything you say or believe in is from something you read on the internet with no practical real world experience. Everything about you is fake without it being an actual troll like fake act.

At least the guy behind this character made a ton from playing such a character. You do it for free.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Clavin



Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
Also i feel bad for Montys girlfriend.
One day if you ever generate interest in you from strangers the way you seem obsessed with me (both physically and now in relationship terms) in your posts, you will see it at that time for what it is - weird/creepy and not much more. Fortunately for now most seem to generally ignore you, so you are likely safe in that regard.

Anyway, off to play.

You guys have good luck at the tables today. Heh.


All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive