Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #12901
like yeah?
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 477
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Pokerstars is sfrigged.

This happened only four hands apart:

Hand #1
Poker Stars $6.00+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BB: t590 M = 13.11
Hero (BTN/SB): t2410 M = 53.56

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN/SB with 2 2
Hero raises to t60, BB calls t30

Flop: (t120) K 2 2 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t120) T (2 players)
BB bets t30, Hero calls t30

River: (t180) 8 (2 players)
BB bets t30, Hero raises to t2320 all in, BB folds

Final Pot: t240
Hero mucks 2 2
Hero wins t240


Hand #2
Poker Stars $6.00+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BTN/SB: t395 M = 8.78
Hero (BB): t2605 M = 57.89

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BB with 2 2
BTN/SB raises to t395 all in, Hero calls t365

Flop: (t790) Q 2 7 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t790) 2 (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t790) 8 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t790
BTN/SB shows J A (a pair of Deuces)
Hero shows 2 2 (four of a kind, Deuces)
Hero wins t790


like yeah? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #12902
Poker_whiz
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Thus, possibility of four of kind in twos is lessened second time, because memory is in the cards, yes?
Poker_whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #12903
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by like yeah? View Post
Pokerstars is sfrigged.

This happened only four hands apart:

Hand #1
Poker Stars $6.00+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BB: t590 M = 13.11
Hero (BTN/SB): t2410 M = 53.56

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN/SB with 2 2
Hero raises to t60, BB calls t30

Flop: (t120) K 2 2 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t120) T (2 players)
BB bets t30, Hero calls t30

River: (t180) 8 (2 players)
BB bets t30, Hero raises to t2320 all in, BB folds

Final Pot: t240
Hero mucks 2 2
Hero wins t240


Hand #2
Poker Stars $6.00+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BTN/SB: t395 M = 8.78
Hero (BB): t2605 M = 57.89

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BB with 2 2
BTN/SB raises to t395 all in, Hero calls t365

Flop: (t790) Q 2 7 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t790) 2 (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t790) 8 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t790
BTN/SB shows J A (a pair of Deuces)
Hero shows 2 2 (four of a kind, Deuces)
Hero wins t790


Well, that proves it then.

I sup[pose we should all take our money off these sites immediately.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #12904
arcticbeatle
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I don't quite know
Posts: 676
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by like yeah? View Post
Pokerstars is sfrigged.

This happened only four hands apart:

Hand #1
Poker Stars $6.00+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BB: t590 M = 13.11
Hero (BTN/SB): t2410 M = 53.56

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN/SB with 2 2
Hero raises to t60, BB calls t30

Flop: (t120) K 2 2 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t120) T (2 players)
BB bets t30, Hero calls t30

River: (t180) 8 (2 players)
BB bets t30, Hero raises to t2320 all in, BB folds

Final Pot: t240
Hero mucks 2 2
Hero wins t240


Hand #2
Poker Stars $6.00+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BTN/SB: t395 M = 8.78
Hero (BB): t2605 M = 57.89

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BB with 2 2
BTN/SB raises to t395 all in, Hero calls t365

Flop: (t790) Q 2 7 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t790) 2 (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t790) 8 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t790
BTN/SB shows J A (a pair of Deuces)
Hero shows 2 2 (four of a kind, Deuces)
Hero wins t790



Is there any rigtard with any kind of intelligent imput on this thread?
arcticbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #12905
thenukes
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 16
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticbeatle View Post
Is there any rigtard with any kind of intelligent imput on this thread?
Awesome.
thenukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #12906
like yeah?
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 477
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticbeatle View Post
Is there any rigtard with any kind of intelligent imput on this thread?
oh i should put it down to skill should i? righty ho
like yeah? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #12907
arcticbeatle
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I don't quite know
Posts: 676
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenukes View Post
Awesome.
N and M are right next to each other on the keyboard. I know, the irony.. Permission to hose me
arcticbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #12908
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenukes View Post
Awesome.
That is a sentence fragment.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #12909
like yeah?
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 477
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

i just won 15 hands in a row and still LOST the husng. no room for skill at stars. no room for skill.
like yeah? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #12910
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,056
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by like yeah? View Post
i just won 15 hands in a row and still LOST the husng. no room for skill at stars. no room for skill.
Or perhaps this is actual proof that skill exists...
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #12911
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josem View Post
why do we have to pay at all for this stuff? if you have it, it is your civic duty to release it and share it.
Why should the US Gov't put up millions of dollars for the arrest and capture of Osama Bin Laden(25million)and other terrorists? -Any HIGH PROFILE criminal for that matter...

It's our civic duty...
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #12912
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,350
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Why should the US Gov't put up millions of dollars for the arrest and capture of Osama Bin Laden(25million)and other terrorists? -Any HIGH PROFILE criminal for that matter...

It's our civic duty...
So, um, you're equating yourself and fellow riggies to people who harbour terrorists and need a large financial inducement to turn them in?

And equating poker sites who have been accused of cheating by a handful of people with no evidence to known terrorists who will openly admit to being behind the killing of hundreds or thousands of fellow human beings?

You excellent logic and reasoning skills shine through once again.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #12913
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Well then you have things twisted just as I do. Barney Maddoff swindled how much money? How many years was he sentenced? Like 80+ years? I'm not going to have a dbate semantics, but I've heard of child molestors and rapists serving less time....This is the world we live in, I could go on and on.

If there is corruption in online poker, we're talking about $30+billion revenue gap to exploit.

Wasn't my idea...but if somebody was going to put in $500, why not do it the right way...
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #12914
arcticbeatle
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I don't quite know
Posts: 676
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Well then you have things twisted just as I do. Barney Maddoff swindled how much money? How many years was he sentenced? Like 80+ years? I'm not going to have a dbate semantics, but I've heard of child molestors and rapists serving less time....This is the world we live in, I could go on and on.

If there is corruption in online poker, we're talking about $30+billion revenue gap to exploit.

Wasn't my idea...but if somebody was going to put in $500, why not do it the right way...
Please no more!

I can't read about another rigtard comparing online poker to a ponzi scheme

There is no eveidence online poker is rigged. And until you can provide evidence that it is rigged, please don't compare online poker to the biggest fraud the world has seen
arcticbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #12915
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Well then you have things twisted just as I do. Barney Maddoff swindled how much money? How many years was he sentenced? Like 80+ years? I'm not going to have a dbate semantics, but I've heard of child molestors and rapists serving less time....This is the world we live in, I could go on and on.

If there is corruption in online poker, we're talking about $30+billion revenue gap to exploit.

Wasn't my idea...but if somebody was going to put in $500, why not do it the right way...
You are missing the point. The point is that rewards aren't offered so upstanding citizens have motivation to turn people in. Rewards are given to encourage scumbag accomplices/relatives/friends of the person to turn them in when they wouldn't have without the money. So basically, with your Bin Laden analogy you are comparing rigtards to people who associate themselves with terrorists. Do you see now how the analogy fails? A normal citizen would not need a reward to turn in or give information in regards to a criminal, but those with a vested interest in harboring criminals/terrorists do.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #12916
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Ok, Ok, let's back up...Perhaps we're "splitting hairs here." Understand, I am more then certain that there will never be a statistical study showing games are NOT rigged by the RNG. My point was just that you made above. The game is manipulated by players, period.

Put up the money somebody comes forward. Of course if what I'm saying is like offering a million dollar reward for somebody to bring forth a Lizard Person, then it should be dead money...
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #12917
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,056
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Ok, Ok, let's back up...Perhaps we're "splitting hairs here." Understand, I am more then certain that there will never be a statistical study showing games are NOT rigged by the RNG. My point was just that you made above. The game is manipulated by players, period.

Put up the money somebody comes forward. Of course if what I'm saying is like offering a million dollar reward for somebody to bring forth a Lizard Person, then it should be dead money...
Will be impossible to do a study that convinces everyone, how exactly do you disprove superbots, entropy effect or bad beats based on being on a laptop? Or Lizard People?

Pretty sure spadebidder's study along with all of the other work players have done have covered most of the rational possibilities just fine. Pretty sure as well that most riggies here know that and they are merely venting after a bad beat in a $5 tournament.


What will impress me is any of the following:

1) A riggie trying to exploit their beliefs for profit

2) A riggie showing a hand history from above a $10 tournament

3) A riggie, and an occassional shill, showing they are actually a winning player with transparent disclosure of their play
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #12918
smithcommajohn
grinder
 
smithcommajohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: acceptance
Posts: 533
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

[x] Desktops +EV
smithcommajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #12919
dugpe
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 40
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

shills,props, owners, need not reply to this post.only those that have been victom's of the big stack rig that is always present on Party Poker on all their game even on their freeroll tournaments.I believe, on free roll tournaments, if you do not have any money in your account you are "dead meat". Also if you have a bonus working you are "dead meat until its gone. OK victoms what do you think
dugpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #12920
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,957
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugpe View Post
shills,props, owners, need not reply to this post.only those that have been victom's of the big stack rig that is always present on Party Poker on all their game even on their freeroll tournaments.I believe, on free roll tournaments, if you do not have any money in your account you are "dead meat". Also if you have a bonus working you are "dead meat until its gone. OK victoms what do you think
One of the following is true:

Option one: Party Poker runs marketing exercises (freeroll events) to make people hate their services (online poker).

or

Option two: You are long term loser at freeroll events because you are bad at poker.


I acknowledge your belief that option one is true. I, however, think option two is slightly more likely.
Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #12921
arcticbeatle
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I don't quite know
Posts: 676
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugpe View Post
shills,props, owners, need not reply to this post.only those that have been victom's of the big stack rig that is always present on Party Poker on all their game even on their freeroll tournaments.I believe, on free roll tournaments, if you do not have any money in your account you are "dead meat". Also if you have a bonus working you are "dead meat until its gone. OK victoms what do you think
Yes Party Poker are robbing you of $2.50 in Freeroll events.. They go out of their way to make sure people with no money in their account don't win $2.50.

Is this a level? Because if you are serious...
arcticbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #12922
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post

What will impress me is any of the following:

1) A riggie trying to exploit their beliefs for profit

2) A riggie showing a hand history from above a $10 tournament

3) A riggie, and an occassional shill, showing they are actually a winning player with transparent disclosure of their play

So if i had solid proof online poker was rigged. But i couldn't show a HH above $10 and i wouldn't disclose my username that wouldn't impress you?

What will impress me with regards to poker being rigged is if a riggedfolk shows me proof its rigged. All of what impresses you is irrelevant to proving if online poker is rigged or not and has more to do with penis measurements.
batair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #12923
dugpe
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 40
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

still not ansering the "big stack"win with anything rig.
dugpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #12924
arcticbeatle
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I don't quite know
Posts: 676
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugpe View Post
still not ansering the "big stack"win with anything rig.
Party Poker is not rigging your account when you play freerolls.

I have played SNGs and tourneys where I have had a small stack (under 5bbs and doubled up 4 or 5 times )
arcticbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #12925
dugpe
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 40
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

you need proof go play on party.You will soon find out
dugpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive