Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,445 34.94%
No 5,522 56.00%
Undecided 893 9.06%
Voters: 9860. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #1226
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

For the record I'm not a losing player...I'm up xxxxxx dollars instead of xxxxxxx dollars....I post my name and my stats so the site i play on thinks i'm bad mouthing them...?I never pointed out a particular site other then online poker as a hole. One bad apple spoiled the bunch....We saw from the AP/UB scandel that if sites do get caught cheating, the kawnahawkee gaming commission will cover it up, the CEO's will have to sell the company, players will get refunded and no names will be released....
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #1227
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

I dont want poker banned, i want it regulated, like the FDA monitors our food and protects us...?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #1228
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
For the record I'm not a losing player
Yes you are..
Quote:
We saw from the AP/UB scandel that if sites do get caught cheating, the kawnahawkee gaming commission will cover it up, the CEO's will have to sell the company, players will get refunded and no names will be released....
You do know that KGC doesn't regulate all poker sites don't you?
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #1229
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
So you say "we"? "Really, what is the point of your continued speculation on this issue? Because that's all it is - a hunch. We get your point, and disagree. Please let it go."
Who is we? All i've seen is that you guys talk down to people that say it's rigged. You guys must of had conversations about the subject with out the rest of us seeing? How and where did you come up with "we." And like you said there's no proof it's rigged and there's no proof that it's not rigged. Well it's about the players security! You can't put a price on safety. If I have some evidence show it? If somebody did have proof you'd just rip them down and try to decredit them to the readers. This is a cat and mouse game here, Somebody says it's rigged, then you have to negate that by ripping the author apart so that:
We don't just rip the author apart.

We explain that there is no evidence that OLP is rigged.

Quote:
A.) He feels as if he made a mistake by thinking online poker is rigged.
FYP.

Quote:
B.) The readers that read such posts, might take him as gospel and pull their funds off online poker sites and never play online again.
Unlikely because, as we have seen, rigtards believe that OLP is rigged but they keep playing. That's one of the reasons they are ******s. If I met someone in a pub who said the used to play but gave up because he thought it was rigged I would explain why I thought he was wrong but I would not assume he was a ****** because his reaction was logical.

Yours, OTOH, is to continue to (a) believe that OLP is rigged and (b) play it.

That is the action of a grade A ****** whose parents had the same surname before they were married.

Quote:
C.) Make the author feel like he is alone on his stance on online poker being rigged. Maybe he'll forget about it.
He'd need to be ******ed even for a ****** to believe that with the number of ****** posts we get here,

Quote:
D.) Ask him to prove something that anyone with a decent database could prove if OLP were rigged
FYP

Quote:
F.) Make sure nobody believes online poker is rigged, b/c nobody would play!
Wouldn't work: ******s continue to play and lose even whilst believing that OLP is rigged against them.

That's what qualifies them as ******s.

Quote:
G.) Tell us if we think it's rigged we just get some evidence.
FYP.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #1230
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
It's not that hard - 100% - 80% = 20%.

Again, if you claim that not to be the case, PROVIDE PROOF OR STFU!!!!!!

First, why would you think my name is "Marc?" It's Mark.

Next, no, I am not employed by any site to post here or anywhere else, nor have the administrators asked me to do such a thing.

I just have a low tolerance for idiocy.

So you think it's rigged? Well, you're entitled to your opinion. However, this is the INTERNET POKER FORUM. You know, where people who like to play Online Poker discuss stuff. If you don't enjoy this activity, WHY THE **** ARE YOU HERE SO MUCH????!?!?!?!?! It makes as much sense as getting season tickets to see your least favorite sports team!

You obviously have some sort of an agenda to push, or you wouldn't keep bothering us with your unsubstantiated claims. Really, what is the point of your continued speculation on this issue? Because that's all it is - a hunch. We get your point, and disagree. Please let it go.

I don't know what's sadder, the fact you genuinely seem to believe that poker sites are out to get you or that you don't understand why we're fed up with your conspiracy theories that have absolutely no basis in fact.

So, I'll ask once again: Please post proof that your 80% favorites are losing more than 20% or shut up about it. You can certainly exercise your right to NOT play poker online, but there's no reason to tell us about it. Just leave quietly or accept the abuse that you regularly ask for every time you 'tard up this place

link please? or is this just another theory?
There's my links...where's your theory?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #1231
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

A better Public Service Announcement would be one that alerted the population to the dangers of breeding with you, tk.

Maybe I'll make it my personal crusade to have some regulatory body sterilize you so your genes don't make their way to another generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
There's my links...where's your theory?
reading, like writing, is clearly NOT your strong point...
Oh, and here's the difference, people on 2+2 said that Justin West was an idiot for not looking at the evidence:
http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/show...&fpart=16&vc=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
posting this is an epic failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
We have the same people coming out and talking down to people...is that a coincidence or wait...it's "varience" right?
of course we talk down to you - you don't know what variance is or how to spell it. you are baffled by the idea the "the burden of proof is on the accuser." why would we speak to you as if you were an intelligent adult?

Last edited by Markusgc; 04-02-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #1232
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

We have the same people coming out and talking down to people...is that a coincidence or wait...it's "varience" right? Look how many different people share the same view that online poker is somehow rigged. How many different people act as some of you...?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #1233
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
No i'm not blaming 2+2...I'm blaming your bias and unreasonable opinion. I think If somebody said a casino was rigged or cheating...they'd call the gaming commission
Who would ask what their evidence was.

When told it was just a hunch the gaming commission would consult their stored evidence and conclude that their correspondant was a ******.

Just as we consult the evidence contained in many available HH's and conclude that it shows no sign of rigging and that you are a ******.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #1234
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
A better Public Service Announcement would be one that alerted the population to the dangers of breeding with you, tk.
Don't worry.

When someone has parents as closely related as tk's the result will not be viable.

Like a mule.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #1235
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
A better Public Service Announcement would be one that alerted the population to the dangers of breeding with you, tk.

Maybe I'll make it my personal crusade to have some regulatory body sterilize you so your genes don't make their way to another generation.
Jeez you take online poker that seriously? I think your worse off then I thought.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #1236
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
We have the same people coming out and talking down to people...is that a coincidence or wait...
Of course it's not a coincidence.

Go onto a physics forum and explain that Einstein was wrong and you will get people explaining why you are wrong.

Keep doing it and the same people will keep telling you are wrong and you are a feckwit.

There are always people who try and stop idiots with idiotic theories from confusing innocent people.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #1237
lilaznboi
Pooh-Bah
 
lilaznboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: arrrrrrrrrrin
Posts: 4,448
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

I'm pretty sure most poker players share our view, and not yours tk.

hundreds of thousands, if not millions play online every day. i think we're a fairly big population who believe it's a fair game
lilaznboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #1238
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

My parents were killed when i was 2...dont remember them...
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #1239
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Jeez you take online poker that seriously? I think your worse off then I thought.
It isn't just OLP, though, is it?

When someone has as tenuous a grasp of reality as yourself there is no knowing when they might go postal.

It really would be a service to the entire human race although, I believe, unnnecessary for reasons I outlined above.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #1240
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Jeez you take online poker that seriously? I think your worse off then I thought.
you don't see the parallels here? try thinking of it as a pattern. maybe that would help.

also, all you have to do in order to at least look less stupid is enable the spell-check in your browser, that way all the errors you make are highlighted and easily corrected.

but that would make too much sense, huh?
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #1241
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
My parents were killed when i was 2...dont remember them...
Probably died of shame.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #1242
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
you don't see the parallels here? try thinking of it as a pattern. maybe that would help.

also, all you have to do in order to at least look less stupid is enable the spell-check in your browser, that way all the errors you make are highlighted and easily corrected.

but that would make too much sense, huh?
Spell chequers are rigged, imo.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #1243
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Spell chequers are rigged, imo.
not if you can get a feel for the timing.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #1244
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Or your mind can spot the patterns that statistics can't.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #1245
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
My parents were killed when i was 2...dont remember them...
That's just what they told you.

Last edited by Rek; 04-02-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: and at least they got to see in the new Millenium.
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #1246
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Who would ask what their evidence was.

When told it was just a hunch the gaming commission would consult their stored evidence and conclude that their correspondant was a ******.

Just as we consult the evidence contained in many available HH's and conclude that it shows no sign of rigging and that you are a ******.
does this make any sense to you, tk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
Do you honestly think that when someone who is savvy enough to find 2+2 while researching Online Poker before deciding to play or not is swayed by your silly ideas without any proof?

You really think folks read your poorly-written theories and take them as fact when everyone else points out the holes in them, while you continually refuse to share any data to back up your points?
plz respond...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I guess we're bad players and ******s for losing consistantly when we're over an 80 percent favorite to win...
you said this - if you're not gonna back it up you have no right to continue posting.

Until you do, I'm gonna suggest that you are just a liar. And the proof is that you made an outlandish statement which isn't based in fact.

Show me I'm wrong.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #1247
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
That's just what the SHILLS told you.
...
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #1248
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Hey Marc, I am the Shill
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #1249
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
Hey Marc, I am the Shill
New Jersey Official Documents are rigged.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #1250
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,097
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
There's my links...where's your theory?
Your link was to a situation that had nothing to do with the site itself being rigged. An insider with information he realized he could use to make a ton of money (ie: super user accounts likely stupidly put in there for security reasons).

Was basically an insider with knowledge of how the system worked using it to do essentially a smash and grab, similar to how for instance a toll boot collector might steal some of the money.

That does not mean the toll booth company itself is rigged or corrupt, but it does mean they likely have some security issues they need to address.


No one is taking you seriously because you are using really really soft logic, and are providing zero actual data to back any of your claims.

Using the "why can't I make this claim to help everyone" approach is flawed as well, because all that would do is encourage anyone to make any claim about anything using that as a defense and then saying it should be looked at seriously.

That is why people who make these claims need to provide actual data and proof. You have not done so as of yet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I dont want poker banned, i want it regulated, like the FDA monitors our food and protects us...?
One thing that baffles me about rigtard conspiracy people is that they seem to think government involvement will solve the problem and make everyone happy.

Governments are the biggest source of wacky conspiracy theories.

Hey, look at your FDA example

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:CK...iracy_theories

Quick highlights:

Believers usually hold that the FDA is a corrupt organization and serves the aims of the large pharmaceutical companies instead of the population, as they are supposed to. Often, believers of this theory also believe that the FDA and pharmaceutical companies are actively suppressing known cures for serious diseases such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, Alzheimer's Disease, and many others.

It is also claimed that drug companies (with help from the FDA) are attempting to get herbal products pulled off the market so that the population is forced to treat disease using pharmaceutical drugs, thus increasing the industry's profits. Some believers claim that if people are given knowledge of and access to herbal remedies, the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business.



What would you say to the people who have their theories about the FDA. Do you just accept them at face value? You seem to like the FDA so I assume not.

Recognize you are doing the same thing the FDA conspiracy people are doing.

You are correct in that Marc/Mark is a bit of a zealot Reality is though that your logic is flawed and your data has yet to be presented to prove anything.



Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
My parents were killed when i was 2...dont remember them...
Sorry to hear that. You may want to confirm that the FDA was not involved.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive