Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #11701
kaner333
grinder
 
kaner333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 406
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by toltec444 View Post
BS
Now I'm confused.
kaner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #11702
banonlinepoker
banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,338
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
I understand what you're saying. You say they time it so that it evens out in the end, but in such a way that you end up losing. Again, douche baggery. You do know that if online poker was rigged, it would have been proven by now. Do you not think that there are people with the knowledge in the field of statistics to prove that? If so then you are claiming that the people at Full Tilt have access to knowledge that no-one else in the human race has. Now you're just being silly
How can we when there is no access to the hardware? Nobody but the site itself has access to the hardware. They they shop some BS source to some company on the take to say they have inspected it. Not to mention a web site can rig a result to favor certain players and not throw off the %. LIke I said either get transparency if you want legalization.
banonlinepoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #11703
kaner333
grinder
 
kaner333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 406
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

toltec, can you pm me somehow?
kaner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:11 AM   #11704
kaner333
grinder
 
kaner333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 406
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

We don't even have a transparent GOVERNMENT.
kaner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #11705
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I started in NL5 and now Im in NL200.....I win!!!!!!!!!!!!


But I making a genuinously question about manipulation....

If you have to believe in something I hope you dont go to hell...I hope you come back to reason and see the way
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #11706
kaner333
grinder
 
kaner333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 406
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by toltec444 View Post
Im not saying that you lose!!!!!
Idiot...I win!!!!!!


Ive been playing online poker for 2 years and I win!!!!!!!


Im talking about manipulation........


Why would the poker rooms want you to lose, they want you to win!!!!!!!

Wake up!!!!!!
Ummmm, do you think it's rigged because you win in improbable ways? What do you mean by manipulation? Manipulation of other players? That's what poker is all about and that doesn't mean it's rigged in any way.
kaner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #11707
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by toltec444 View Post
I see what you meant but Im talking about a huge sample size.

If you take a 1 bilion pool and see thats everything is alright you could have missed the 200K first part of that pool. 200K is not the same as 10 coin flips.
The 200K can be evaluated based on how many standard deviations are off from normal just as a 1 million hand sample can. The acceptable gap from expectation % wise is just going to be wider in the 200K sample than the 1 million hand sample. However, if the deviation is wide enough, you could still end up finding something funky with a sample that small.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #11708
kaner333
grinder
 
kaner333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 406
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Simmer down, I'm an atheist. What's the big deal?
kaner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #11709
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaner333 View Post
Simmer down, I'm an atheist. What's the big deal?
Guys, RGT is this way: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/13...-god-theology/
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:23 AM   #11710
kaner333
grinder
 
kaner333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 406
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I'm so confused right now, he's not complaining about it being rigged. He's saying that it's better that it's rigged. Please pst fast I'm confused.
kaner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #11711
kaner333
grinder
 
kaner333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 406
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

LOLOL at the baseball!!!! AWESOME!
kaner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #11712
kaner333
grinder
 
kaner333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 406
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I've never seen that science idea branching before, but it's really really deeply embedded in our society! Revolution! Capitalism will fail from what I make of our society, and we're in for a rough ride.
kaner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #11713
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFuego20 View Post
The 200K can be evaluated based on how many standard deviations are off from normal just as a 1 million hand sample can. The acceptable gap from expectation % wise is just going to be wider in the 200K sample than the 1 million hand sample. However, if the deviation is wide enough, you could still end up finding something funky with a sample that small.
I see that, but what Im saying is that if the site want to manipulate the hands they can choose when the hands will come up (time argument (WHEN) ) and it will still will be in the expected variance. And the bigger the sample more room they have to manipulate it.

And more big the sample more difficult the TIME the WHEN they manipulated it.
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:38 AM   #11714
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

PUtting in clearer way if thats possible:

I enter a room and the room say: this guy has to win 80% of his AA against JJ, But im going to make him lose 100% in the next 10K hands. If he has a HUD Im going to say to him, its hust a snall sample, play more. After that Im going to compesate his initial losses so he cant notice anything in his HUD.
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:40 AM   #11715
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

If the first half of the hands are skewed one way, the other half has to be skewed the other way to make it come out, and each half is way off. Taking this argument to it's absurd conclusion, if you make the on/off slices small enough you end up with a true deal again, cancelling out everything. You can't skew part of a sample, it is always part of a larger sample. If your argument is that they just turn on the rigging during say, January, and leave everything kosher the rest of the year, then eventually someone will check the January sample.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toltec444 View Post
PUtting in clearer way if thats possible:

I enter a room and the room say: this guy has to win 80% of his AA against JJ, But im going to make him lose 100% in the next 10K hands. If he has a HUD Im going to say to him, its hust a snall sample, play more. After that Im going to compesate his initial losses so he cant notice anything in his HUD.
So now you want the site to cheat somebody out of some money and then reverse cheat them to give it all back. Brilliant. Totally clear now.

Last edited by spadebidder; 01-08-2010 at 12:45 AM.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #11716
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadebidder View Post
If the first half of the hands are skewed one way, the other half has to be skewed the other way to make it come out, and each half is way off. Taking this argument to it's absurd conclusion, if you make the on/off slices small enough you end up with a true deal again, cancelling out everything. You can't skew part of a sample, it is always part of a larger sample. If your argument is that they just turn on the rigging during say, January, and leave everything kosher the rest of the year, then eventually someone will check the January sample.
But think. I have a new player A r here and a B player there, I (the room) think that i should now keep the A player playing, im going to make him win a little more than average now against the player B.

Ok they do that for some 2K hands, eventually the player A is going to lose it all and the player B is going to stay. "Well, now we are going to keep player B ok, he has lost 20 AA against JJ in the last 2K hands. THey do that, they make player B win a little more than average, the player B go to the PT and see that hes winning allright against JJ, but the TIME when this winning hapenned was manipulated.
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:01 AM   #11717
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Thats very difficult situation, if you think that the room has the infinite known about what is coming up(because they have the algorythm) they have the infinite power to manipulate the "TIMING"

If you have a infinite timeline you can do anything because in the infinite everything can be equalized
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:01 AM   #11718
kaner333
grinder
 
kaner333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 406
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

So you're saying if someone's running hot then you're going with the argument that they're bound to cool down, and it's going to happen against you?
kaner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:04 AM   #11719
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

If I lose 100K AA against KK you can say: its variance play another 100K
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 AM   #11720
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaner333 View Post
So you're saying if someone's running hot then you're going with the argument that they're bound to cool down, and it's going to happen against you?
Didnt understand you, what you mean?
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:12 AM   #11721
kaner333
grinder
 
kaner333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 406
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I don't understand why you think it's rigged! Sure some improbable stuff happens but that doesn't mean it's rigged. I don't get you. I dunno explain your thought process, what led you to come to whatever it is you're thinking.

Last edited by kaner333; 01-08-2010 at 01:18 AM.
kaner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #11722
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaner333 View Post
I don't understand why you think it's rigged! Sure some improbably stuff happens but that doesn't mean it's rigged. I don't get you. I dunno explain your thought process, what led you to come to whatever it is you're thinking.
I dont think its rigged


You dont understand my thought process because i cant talk english very well
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:21 AM   #11723
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by banonlinepoker View Post
Not to mention a web site can rig a result to favor certain players and not throw off the %.
How?
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:35 AM   #11724
kaner333
grinder
 
kaner333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 406
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

lololol wow. All right Toltec, we're on the same side here.
kaner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:48 AM   #11725
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaner333 View Post
lololol wow. All right Toltec, we're on the same side here.
Im saying that it can be rigged...but what I sad is going to be forget
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive