Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,447 34.94%
No 5,523 55.99%
Undecided 895 9.07%
Voters: 9865. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #11476
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianaV8 View Post
Evidence for the 20%, or you are riggedologist
I believe that if I say that Im 100% sure its not rigged is as stupid as saying Im 100% it is rigged.
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:52 AM   #11477
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
What changed your mind?
I went to play live after a long time playing online. Things run in a similar way.
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #11478
signuptoday
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,283
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by toltec444 View Post
I went to play live after a long time playing online. Things run in a similar way.
lol
signuptoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:58 AM   #11479
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,442
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by toltec444 View Post
I believe that if I say that Im 100% sure its not rigged is as stupid as saying Im 100% it is rigged.
Agreed.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:12 AM   #11480
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,234
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post

An absolute certainty that there is no 'God' is just as illogical as an absolute certainty that there is. In both cases there is certainty with incomplete evidence.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fat View Post
Agreed.
Agreed.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #11481
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
Agreed.



Agreed.
We want to keep ourselves.......

But

Theres no keeping possible
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #11482
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by toltec444 View Post
We want to keep ourselves.......

But

Theres no keeping possible
That's very Zen.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #11483
toltec444
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Yes
toltec444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #11484
WannaBeStar
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4
Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

I don't mean to offend anyone who views everything on Pokerstars as legit but I have some suspicions. I have been playing poker for a while on Stars and find that anytime I win then hands start appearing giving me bad beat after bad beat. It is almost like there is a certain amount of money stars wants deposited fresh on a regular basis and the money that you win is drained away fast enough so you get back on th deposit schedule. A friend of mine has a suspicion that the site continuously balances money between people and has suspect algorithms to reward new people to stay on enough by winning until they become "addicted" and become regulaor depositors. Very few people win but to be one of the select few you need to play a lot of tourneys and cash games and generate revenue for the site. Thus let us say that you have A-A and are heads up against one of the favored players then the server know which cards have been dealt and picks those to favor the favored player. So if the favored player as 7-2 then the site deals him a 2 pair or a flush or whatever it takes him to win making sure the cards dealt doesn't come from cards that have already been dealt to other players who may be taking note.

Is there any truth to this? I used to be a player for 4 years on Partypoker before it closed down and never felt that the site had any suspect algoritms.

Thank you for your comments.
WannaBeStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:18 AM   #11485
khanrava
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
khanrava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Adsman's book
Posts: 10,662
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeStar View Post
I don't mean to offend anyone who views everything on Pokerstars as legit but I have some suspicions. I have been playing poker for a while on Stars and find that anytime I win then hands start appearing giving me bad beat after bad beat. It is almost like there is a certain amount of money stars wants deposited fresh on a regular basis and the money that you win is drained away fast enough so you get back on th deposit schedule. A friend of mine has a suspicion that the site continuously balances money between people and has suspect algorithms to reward new people to stay on enough by winning until they become "addicted" and become regulaor depositors. Very few people win but to be one of the select few you need to play a lot of tourneys and cash games and generate revenue for the site. Thus let us say that you have A-A and are heads up against one of the favored players then the server know which cards have been dealt and picks those to favor the favored player. So if the favored player as 7-2 then the site deals him a 2 pair or a flush or whatever it takes him to win making sure the cards dealt doesn't come from cards that have already been dealt to other players who may be taking note.

Is there any truth to this? I used to be a player for 4 years on Partypoker before it closed down and never felt that the site had any suspect algoritms.

Thank you for your comments.
I don't think so, but if so I better deposit to stop all of these coolers!

They have taken algorithms to a whole new level!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk

Last edited by khanrava; 12-28-2009 at 12:21 AM. Reason: new level of algorithms ldo
khanrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:28 AM   #11486
jumboAL
adept
 
jumboAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: There's something wrong with me
Posts: 1,199
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeStar View Post
I don't mean to offend anyone who views everything on Pokerstars as legit but I have some suspicions. I have been playing poker for a while on Stars and find that anytime I win then hands start appearing giving me bad beat after bad beat. It is almost like there is a certain amount of money stars wants deposited fresh on a regular basis and the money that you win is drained away fast enough so you get back on th deposit schedule. A friend of mine has a suspicion that the site continuously balances money between people and has suspect algorithms to reward new people to stay on enough by winning until they become "addicted" and become regulaor depositors. Very few people win but to be one of the select few you need to play a lot of tourneys and cash games and generate revenue for the site. Thus let us say that you have A-A and are heads up against one of the favored players then the server know which cards have been dealt and picks those to favor the favored player. So if the favored player as 7-2 then the site deals him a 2 pair or a flush or whatever it takes him to win making sure the cards dealt doesn't come from cards that have already been dealt to other players who may be taking note.

Is there any truth to this? I used to be a player for 4 years on Partypoker before it closed down and never felt that the site had any suspect algoritms.

Thank you for your comments.
You shouldn't play in your old age. I mean, you must be retired to have written a post like this.
jumboAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #11487
Bushleague24
veteran
 
Bushleague24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: my flow is the truest
Posts: 2,073
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

what you are saying makes sense becasue i swear i am a lot better then everyone else
Bushleague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:55 AM   #11488
WannaBeStar
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

Just go to YouTube and type in "Pokerstars Rigged" and you will come across some compelling video posts. See what I mean. People used to say UB was all clean and then we find that there were Superusers cleaning players out. Where there is smoke is there a fire? I for sure hope not because I love playing poker online at my convenience every now and then and Stars does have a lot of tourneys going......
WannaBeStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:00 AM   #11489
MicroSNGDonkey
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pokerstars
Posts: 1,331
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

Holy riggtards r u cerus?
MicroSNGDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:00 AM   #11490
edhardyboss
banned
 
edhardyboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: boss: gucci meets armani
Posts: 117
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeStar View Post
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?
maybe
edhardyboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #11491
acesupontilt
centurion
 
acesupontilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 101
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

http://geometryofchance.com/?p=974
acesupontilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #11492
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeStar View Post
Just go to YouTube and type in "Pokerstars Rigged" and you will come across some compelling video posts. See what I mean. People used to say UB was all clean and then we find that there were Superusers cleaning players out. Where there is smoke is there a fire? I for sure hope not because I love playing poker online at my convenience every now and then and Stars does have a lot of tourneys going......
The people who showed Cereus had superusers had a little thing called "evidence" that was more than just "hey, you ever notice that when you win, you start to lose?"
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #11493
MonkeyPox
undeserving
 
MonkeyPox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slowly dying
Posts: 2,729
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

Party Poker didn't close down.
MonkeyPox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #11494
No Ego Thanks
banned
 
No Ego Thanks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Male
Posts: 1,834
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

fooled by randomness imo.
No Ego Thanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #11495
MichaelB
adept
 
MichaelB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,012
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

someone please post funny youtube videos that show up when you search "stars rigged"
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #11496
Yanksman2009
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida PBKC
Posts: 902
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

my arguement to this whenever someone says this is, Why would Pokerstars possibly want to jeperdize their marketshare to rig their games?
Yanksman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:24 AM   #11497
Systolic
banned
 
Systolic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta Falcons Frontrunner
Posts: 21,002
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague24 View Post
what you are saying makes sense becasue i swear i am a lot better then everyone else
Sick level imo
Systolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:59 AM   #11498
RIVERH8SME
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 712
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

Its rigged but I know how to beat it. Ship me $100 on stars and I'll send you the info you need. You be up THOUSANDS within a day once u break the code like I have. GL
RIVERH8SME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:09 AM   #11499
riverfish1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
riverfish1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,030
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

smart words in op title trick my drunk self to click on useless thread

ban spam etc
riverfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:11 AM   #11500
lnternet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lnternet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Coaching from Edinburgh
Posts: 12,224
Re: Pokerstars.com - Algorithm Scam?

just keep depositing, luck will turn around!
lnternet is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive