Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,448 34.94%
No 5,524 55.98%
Undecided 895 9.07%
Voters: 9867. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 05:11 PM   #11326
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfresh36 View Post
Have other people ran abnormaly good on their first or second deposits?
I'd guess about half of them ran better than average.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #11327
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadebidder View Post
I'd guess about half of them ran better than average.
As many as that?
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #11328
redlotus
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 375
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
I think you may be onto something there.

Saturn is farther away than Jupiter (you can tell the photo was taken quite close to the sun because it's so big) and it's quite a bit smaller.

And yet in the picture it looks bigger.

Shirley perspective tells us that it should look smaller?
Ummmm. That's Venus. :P
redlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #11329
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
That comment alone proves what a complete imbecile you are.

One does not need to play poker to understand the statistical implications of variance.

So your demand is utterly senseless.
Not the point. Why are you in here posting like your one of "us"? It's obvious, your not...So why are you posting here on this site? This sites for poker players, not people pretending to play poker, feeding us bull****.

My next post will break make 1,000

Last edited by tk1133; 12-21-2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: My next post will break make 1,000
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #11330
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,234
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Not the point. Why are you in here posting like your one of "us"? As it turns out, your not...So why are you posting here on this site? This sites for poker players, not people pretending to play poker, feeding us bull****.
You are being foolish ITT right now.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #11331
DonkoTheClown
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 741
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfresh36 View Post
Have other people ran abnormaly good on their first or second deposits?
Yes
DonkoTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #11332
DonkoTheClown
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 741
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Not the point. Why are you in here posting like your one of "us"? It's obvious, your not...So why are you posting here on this site? This sites for poker players, not people pretending to play poker, feeding us bull****.

My next post will break make 1,000
Rigged or not, it is in online sites best interest to be in these threads to act as damage control and to manipulate the view of online poker. It is part of a marketing agenda. Probably not a bad idea for them.
DonkoTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #11333
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,234
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkoTheClown View Post
Rigged or not, it is in online sites best interest to be in these threads to act as damage control and to manipulate the view of online poker. It is part of a marketing agenda. Probably not a bad idea for them.
Come on Donko. I thought you were getting some sense. I'm disappointed in you.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #11334
DonkoTheClown
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 741
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
Come on Donko. I thought you were getting some sense. I'm disappointed in you.
If I owned a site and people were saying it was rigged, I would have smart guys responding. I am saying even if the site is not rigged, it would be bad for business for people to be making unsubstantiated claims.
DonkoTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #11335
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlotus View Post
Ummmm. That's Venus. :P
Nah, Venus is the one next to Mercury.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #11336
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkoTheClown View Post
Rigged or not, it is in online sites best interest to be in these threads to act as damage control and to manipulate the view of online poker. It is part of a marketing agenda. Probably not a bad idea for them.
I'm sure the sites would much prefer if we just left the rigtards to it making fools of themselves.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #11337
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,234
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkoTheClown View Post
If I owned a site and people were saying it was rigged, I would have smart guys responding. I am saying even if the site is not rigged, it would be bad for business for people to be making unsubstantiated claims.
This thread is pretty much a joke. There are much better places to put marketing resources. You're giving this thread WAY more credit than it deserves.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #11338
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Not the point. Why are you in here posting like your one of "us"? It's obvious, your not...So why are you posting here on this site? This sites for poker players, not people pretending to play poker, feeding us bull****.
Evidence?

Opps! The dreaded 'E' word again.

It's rather your nemesis, isn't it tk1133.

Quote:
My next post will break make 1,000
Imagine, you will have demonstrated to the world what a complete and utter muppet you are one thousand times on this site alone.

Well Done!
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #11339
DonkoTheClown
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 741
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
Come on Donko. I thought you were getting some sense. I'm disappointed in you.
I have come to my senses though. I give up on online poker. I am either running horrid and making it worse by playing bad or sites are rigged.

I am playing well, running well and winning money live, so I will just stick to that and not waste my time where I am not wanted. I have been doing well live for the last 6 years and have never seen the kinds of bad streaks I have seen online. It is just unacceptable to play while the cards are falling the way they have been for me this year online.

Good luck to you guys who play on line.

Happy Holidays.

Joe
DonkoTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #11340
DonkoTheClown
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 741
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
This thread is pretty much a joke. There are much better places to put marketing resources. You're giving this thread WAY more credit than it deserves.
It is so visible on 2+2. It is like the perfect billboard to straighten the rigtards out. Why not stop the tards from spreading the word about their perceptions to their friends, right or wrong? Education is powerful. One person could potentially interact with a lot of people in a positive or negative way.
DonkoTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #11341
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,234
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkoTheClown View Post
It is so visible on 2+2. It is like the perfect billboard to straighten the rigtards out. Why not stop the tards from spreading the word about their perceptions to their friends, right or wrong? Education is powerful. One person could potentially interact with a lot of people in a positive or negative way.
The rigtards aren't convinced so far with the overwhelming amount of evidence (ie. millions of hands analyzed) that show it probably isn't rigged. What more can be done? Some people just like to believe in conspiracy theories.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #11342
DonkoTheClown
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 741
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
The rigtards aren't convinced so far with the overwhelming amount of evidence (ie. millions of hands analyzed) that show it probably isn't rigged. What more can be done? Some people just like to believe in conspiracy theories.
Did Spade put out that study? I thought he was still working on it? Anything else that I have read has not put my mind to rest on this subject. I am willing to look at the facts. Right now, I have not seen proof that online poker is rigged and I have not seen a complete study showing that it isnt. So I am left with my flawed imagination and bad run of cards online and the complete opposite live.

I will be happy to support the online poker is not rigged as soon as someone has some proof. I am open to that.
DonkoTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #11343
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkoTheClown View Post
It is so visible on 2+2. It is like the perfect billboard to straighten the rigtards out. Why not stop the tards from spreading the word about their perceptions to their friends, right or wrong? Education is powerful. One person could potentially interact with a lot of people in a positive or negative way.
The best thing for the sites is just to let people like tk1133 and Steven Mears(Rounding4Rent and others) post away.

They are such obvious f**kwits that anyone with an IQ into double figures will have the sense to know that they are talking complete sh|te and not want to be associated with their idiocy.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #11344
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,231
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkoTheClown View Post
Did Spade put out that study? I thought he was still working on it? Anything else that I have read has not put my mind to rest on this subject. I am willing to look at the facts. Right now, I have not seen proof that online poker is rigged and I have not seen a complete study showing that it isnt. So I am left with my flawed imagination and bad run of cards online and the complete opposite live.

I will be happy to support the online poker is not rigged as soon as someone has some proof. I am open to that.

Whenever he puts out his study, it will not change your beliefs or any other riggedologist's beliefs. You will just find new and exciting superbot type beliefs to explain why you cannot win. Maybe spade is in on it all along after all...

Why would it change anything if you already think a multi billion dollar company is targeting specifically you in $2 tournaments? Nothing will change that belief structure since it is not rooted in common sense of any kind.

You did the correct thing quitting online poker. You will never be able to beat it, so stick with live until you start losing there and then deal with the paranoid "are the dealers rigging the deal" or "maybe these other guys playing are house shill" thoughts at that time. Maybe there is a live poker forum you can post in. You can pretend to be a weird old guy even.

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #11345
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Evidence?

Opps! The dreaded 'E' word again.

It's rather your nemesis, isn't it tk1133.



Imagine, you will have demonstrated to the world what a complete and utter muppet you are one thousand times on this site alone.

Well Done!
I misspelled "YOUR, shoulda been "YOU'RE....You coulda made fun of me for that...
Anyways, why do you post SOOOO much here? You are either a complete and total weirdo or....?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #11346
DonkoTheClown
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 741
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
Whenever he puts out his study, it will not change your beliefs or any other riggedologist's beliefs. You will just find new and exciting superbot type beliefs to explain why you cannot win. Maybe spade is in on it all along after all...

Why would it change anything if you already think a multi billion dollar company is targeting specifically you in $2 tournaments? Nothing will change that belief structure since it is not rooted in common sense of any kind.

You did the correct thing quitting online poker. You will never be able to beat it, so stick with live until you start losing there and then deal with the paranoid "are the dealers rigging the deal" or "maybe these other guys playing are house shill" thoughts at that time. Maybe there is a live poker forum you can post in. You can pretend to be a weird old guy even.

All the best.
You are right, I will never beat online poker with the cards running they way they are. I am also making some mistakes with AK and other big non pair hands when my M is below 12. Thats easy to fix, but if someone decided that I am an enemy of online poker and decided to flip the doomswitch on me, I will never know and can never prove it. So why bother?

Live is a different story, I can see the cards and see the cut. I have never suspected any of the poker rooms I play in here or Las Vegas to be cheating. Sure, bad beats come, I just got two outed in a tournament a few days back. It happens. I can accept it and even joke about it because it isnt happening over and over again like a broken record.

The bottom line is that it is easier for me to win live, so I am going to spend my time and money there and stop worrying about online poker. The convenience and the amount of tables you can play online is really what I am going to miss, but I am not going to miss the year long nasty run of cards. Rigged or not, I dont need that.

So you just sit with your 15 tables open waiting for big pocket pairs to show up so you can push all in. If that is what makes your living, you should do it. It seems to be working for you and is making you feel mighty enough about yourself to talk down to people who are not doing as well as you are. Good for you, feel some pride.

Joe
DonkoTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #11347
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,234
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkoTheClown View Post

Live is a different story, I can see the cards and see the cut. I have never suspected any of the poker rooms I play in here or Las Vegas to be cheating. Sure, bad beats come, I just got two outed in a tournament a few days back. It happens. I can accept it and even joke about it because it isnt happening over and over again like a broken record.

You ever see David Blaine: Street Magic?
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #11348
Lestat
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 10,995
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
The rigtards aren't convinced so far with the overwhelming amount of evidence (ie. millions of hands analyzed) that show it probably isn't rigged.
Where are these millions of hands? Does everyone have access to them? I've never heard about this before. Who has analyzed them? Any links?
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #11349
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Where are these millions of hands? Does everyone have access to them? I've never heard about this before. Who has analyzed them? Any links?

It's all about trust dude, have you ever heard of ethics?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:26 PM   #11350
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,234
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Where are these millions of hands? Does everyone have access to them? I've never heard about this before. Who has analyzed them? Any links?
Here's a start: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/15.../#post14594621

I'm sure you could search around and find more.

Now, rigtards will always come up with new theories as to how it could go undetected, but the bottomline is there is no evidence in support of online poker being rigged and quite a bit against it. Not to mention asking to prove a negative (ie. prove online poker is not rigged) is a hellacious fallacy.

Lestat, you should read some more of this thread, there are some pretty imaginative conspiracy theories the rigtards come up with.


EDIT: Not saying that link proves if it is rigged or not, but just demonstrating that the data is available.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive