Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,445 34.94%
No 5,522 56.00%
Undecided 893 9.06%
Voters: 9860. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #10676
Bingo_Boy
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,872
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unistall_PS View Post
Now here is where i'm positive pokerstars either has cheaters or they have players working for them...


I don't know for sure if these players were working together or for pokerstars...But i know it was one or the other. I've only been playing poker for a little over a month but i'm no idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unistall_PS View Post
I don't know if it's rigged but i now know for sure they have paid employees that play the sit n go's.

I will have proof of this when i learn how to record my next sit n go.
You are my new favourite. I expect good things from you, please don't let me down.
Bingo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #10677
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by solucky View Post
But do you have a monsterdatabase ?
Do you have analysed them ?

A simple exel-sheet 30 million hands and 100 parameter with expected result,
result that happens would be enough to stop this discussions.
It isn't going to stop the discussion, but I have about 1 Billion hands which I'm in the process of analyzing. I've been working on the code part-time for a while but I'm close to having some material ready to publish.

Last edited by spadebidder; 11-28-2009 at 03:10 PM.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #10678
LetsGambool
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,578
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

So the new theory is that a billion dollar company is rigging the 10 cent no-limit games?

C- level.
LetsGambool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #10679
Unistall_PS
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josem View Post
what on earth would be the point of having staff play Sit & Go Tournaments?
They fill in on tournaments when there isn't enough players. Then they work together to get you out...it's that simple. It happened to me yesterday and when i asked in chat if they were employees the chat was immediately turned off.

So i sat out and just watched, they never played a single hand, they checked and folded hand after hand and even when the blinds went up to $200. When one was low on chips he would go all in with a 3-7 or some stupid hand and win keeping him in the game as the blinds went up.

When i did go back in they didn't change there behavior at all. Then out of no where with 7 players left i somehow beat out the other 7 players and won the tournament??? i wasn't even in a hand...

You don't have to believe me, it's you're money but you've been warned.


I want to hear a pokerstars rep deny this, or at least an excuse to what happened.
Unistall_PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #10680
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unistall_PS View Post
They fill in on tournaments when there isn't enough players. Then they work together to get you out...it's that simple. It happened to me yesterday and when i asked in chat if they were employees the chat was immediately turned off.

So i sat out and just watched, they never played a single hand, they checked and folded hand after hand and even when the blinds went up to $200. When one was low on chips he would go all in with a 3-7 or some stupid hand and win keeping him in the game as the blinds went up.

When i did go back in they didn't change there behavior at all. Then out of no where with 7 players left i somehow beat out the other 7 players and won the tournament??? i wasn't even in a hand...

You don't have to believe me, it's you're money but you've been warned.


I want to hear a pokerstars rep deny this, or at least an excuse to what happened.
So which site should I play on where I won't run into this problem? Since you've been investigating this phenomenon, I assume you saved all their screen names and in the next few hours, you'll share those with us.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #10681
PokerStars Michael J
Retired Account
 
PokerStars Michael J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sabbatical
Posts: 662
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unistall_PS View Post
I want to hear a pokerstars rep deny this, or at least an excuse to what happened.
Hi,

I can confim that PokerStars employees are not permitted to play for real money on our site.

We address this on our website:
Quote:
Does PokerStars use props or shills?
PokerStars does not use any house players or robots. We do not hire any individuals to play on our site.

Are PokerStars employees allowed to play on your site?
No. Any PokerStars employee or contractor who has access to inside information (player records, hidden card hand histories, etc.) may not play on PokerStars. This is to prevent any possible abuse of that inside information. In fact, the immediate relatives of such people also may not play on PokerStars.
If you would like your specific situation investigated, please email support@pokerstars.com so that a staff member can review the issue for you.
PokerStars Michael J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #10682
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unistall_PS View Post
They fill in on tournaments when there isn't enough players. Then they work together to get you out...it's that simple. It happened to me yesterday and when i asked in chat if they were employees the chat was immediately turned off.

So i sat out and just watched, they never played a single hand, they checked and folded hand after hand and even when the blinds went up to $200. When one was low on chips he would go all in with a 3-7 or some stupid hand and win keeping him in the game as the blinds went up.

When i did go back in they didn't change there behavior at all. Then out of no where with 7 players left i somehow beat out the other 7 players and won the tournament??? i wasn't even in a hand...

You don't have to believe me, it's you're money but you've been warned.


I want to hear a pokerstars rep deny this, or at least an excuse to what happened.
I'm still pretty sure you're a level (if you don't know what that means then you're not one). But ok, let's take you seriously for a momment. Despite the fact that your post is full of holes (ie: you ask in chat is anyone here a bot, then later you don't ask the same question - so as not to tip anyone off).

Ok, why don't you post the handhistories for these tournaments so people can see if there is any legitimacy to your accusations. If you don't have them you can request them from Pokerstars.
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:11 AM   #10683
solucky
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,480
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGambool View Post
So the new theory is that a billion dollar company is rigging the 10 cent no-limit games?

C- level.
If they rigg to increase the rake and the company profit. Yep a million NL 10 games are better than one NL 400 table.

1. At higher stakes the Rake is capped
2. At low stakes the chance is less that someone serious analyse the games

I dont know which levels pay the most Rake, but i guess 95% is NL 200 and lower. Maybee 60% NL 50 and lower.
solucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #10684
LaylaLikesViolence
banned
 
LaylaLikesViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Im listening to...Bashy
Posts: 389
***OFFCIAL UB/AP Investigation Thread***

The point of this thread is to investigate the shady everyday occurrences at UB/AP and ultimately have them removed from the online poker world if they are in fact still cheating players. Since we dont have access to their operations, our only weapon is to band together and try to expose their inter workings by posting all the strange or shady occurrences that will ultimately paint a bigger picture of whats going on.

Things to look out for

-Players playing as if they know whats coming or as if they know what the other players have(obv beyond normal reading capabilities)

-Countless Jackpot winners with suspect playing history
(majority of their sessions under 10 hands)
(no session history at all)
(multiple winners)

-Anything else that seems out of the norm

UB/AP was already caught once and it took people like us to uncover it or they might never had been caught. From my three year experience playing at all the major sites, I undoubtedly see the most amount of shady unexplained occurrences at UB/AP and it's my personal opinion that they are once again cheating and may never had stopped. This cant be tolerated or overlooked. Its of the utmost importance to weed out the bad apples to preserve the integrity and reputation of our game so that it can continue to expand and become accepted globally.

I hope everyone will take this seriously and join in an effort to fight back against people who feel they can take advantage of us. This is something that goes on too much in this world and although we may not be able to fix everything, this is our chance to fix our little part.

Post everything you see that is out of the norm and please try to stay away from standard bad beats...I think most should understand the difference between the two...TY
LaylaLikesViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #10685
WhatDoesCallMean
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,288
Re: OFFCIAL UB/AP investigation thread

has there been more suspect instances at UB/AP?? links?
WhatDoesCallMean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #10686
Bingo_Boy
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,872
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unistall_PS View Post
They fill in on tournaments when there isn't enough players. Then they work together to get you out...it's that simple. It happened to me yesterday and when i asked in chat if they were employees the chat was immediately turned off.
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unistall_PS View Post

So i sat out and just watched, they never played a single hand, they checked and folded hand after hand and even when the blinds went up to $200. When one was low on chips he would go all in with a 3-7 or some stupid hand and win keeping him in the game as the blinds went up.
I didnt realise the standard in 10c SNGs had improved so much
Bingo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #10687
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGambool View Post
So the new theory is that a billion dollar company is rigging the 10 cent no-limit games?

C- level.

the incentive of rigging the 10cent games probably doesn't involve the idea of making alot of money off them obviously.
the incentive is to attract players and keep them depositing. for example, if a new player deposits and begins playing 10cent games and starts winning consistently not only will he be entertained but he will probably move up stakes (eventually to go broke ofcourse, redeposit, and hop right back into those higher stakes to retain losses)
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #10688
BucketFoot
grinder
 
BucketFoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 500
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

These 2 posts were responses to a post I made about the poor play at FTP recently.

"I do agree that something is wrong with fulltilt...i wont complain about the bad players getting lucky there even though i do agree they do...my reason for thinking something is up with fulltilt is the fact that there is 10 times as many complaining post about fulltilt than any other site....that alone is pretty strange to me...u would think that pokerstars having more players would get more complaints but it seems all people complain about is fulltilt."

"Interesting observations. I can relate as I'm a long term winner on Stars and a serial contributor to the FT community. I've just chalked it up to two years of variance or a tilt induced mental barrier due to the crappy interface and neverending disconnection issues. I agree the play is worse at FT, but I have yet to exploit it. The smart thing to do would be to focus primarily on Stars, but I'm irritatingly stubborn..."
BucketFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #10689
LaylaLikesViolence
banned
 
LaylaLikesViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Im listening to...Bashy
Posts: 389
Re: ***OFFCIAL UB/AP Investigation Thread***

My cousin who is a software designer is developing a program thats gonna attempt to check the integrity of the RNG. Kinda like the "luck factor" software that was developed. Ive always had a suspicion that the cards were handicapped to level out play. A Poker sites bottom line is determined by the amount of rake they take in so it would make sense for a company that was willing to cheat to take measures to maximize the amount of play. In a regular setting, bad players get eaten up quickly especially in todays age where the standards of a good player has dramatically increased. One way to keep new players around would be to tilt the scales to heighten their luck factor and in turn lower it for better experienced players. This leveling of the playing field would undoubtedly increase traffic keeping weaker players in play. Whether they are doing it Im not sure. The goal is to theorize and investigate. Im anxious to see what my mad genius cousin is gonna come up with.
LaylaLikesViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #10690
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketFoot View Post
These 2 posts were responses to a post I made about the poor play at FTP recently.

"I do agree that something is wrong with fulltilt...i wont complain about the bad players getting lucky there even though i do agree they do...my reason for thinking something is up with fulltilt is the fact that there is 10 times as many complaining post about fulltilt than any other site....that alone is pretty strange to me...u would think that pokerstars having more players would get more complaints but it seems all people complain about is fulltilt."
So you have statistics on this? Done the research? Oh, you haven't? Shocking. You're a muppet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketFoot View Post
"Interesting observations. I can relate as I'm a long term winner on Stars and a serial contributor to the FT community. I've just chalked it up to two years of variance or a tilt induced mental barrier due to the crappy interface and neverending disconnection issues. I agree the play is worse at FT, but I have yet to exploit it. The smart thing to do would be to focus primarily on Stars, but I'm irritatingly stubborn..."
[ ] interesting observations
[ ] facts
[x] rigtard
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #10691
BucketFoot
grinder
 
BucketFoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 500
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Can you not read Muppet?
I was not the author of either of those quotes.
Both of those were responses by different members of 2+2, agreeing with me that something may be wrong with FTP right now.
How many people must agree that something might be wrong before you acknowledge that fact.
BucketFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #10692
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,099
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketFoot View Post
How many people must agree that something might be wrong before you acknowledge that fact.
A single one with actual verifiable evidence would suffice.

Lots think Lizard People are in charge of everything, that does not make it a fact just because lots believe this. That is until the Lizard People suggest I say different.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #10693
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
A single one with actual verifiable evidence would suffice.

Lots think Lizard People are in charge of everything, that does not make it a fact just because lots believe this. That is until the Lizard People suggest I say different.
Heck, even this latest guy who is talking about problems in a measly 2 SNGs hasn't produced the handhistories!
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #10694
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,394
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketFoot View Post
Can you not read Muppet?
I was not the author of either of those quotes.
Both of those were responses by different members of 2+2, agreeing with me that something may be wrong with FTP right now.
How many people must agree that something might be wrong before you acknowledge that fact.
What are you asking to be acknowledged as fact? That some people agree with you? I don't even need to see evidence to acknowledge that some people will agree with you. So what?
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #10695
MattL
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2
Hollywood Poker is rigged?

Does anyone have any information about suspicious activities at Hollywood Poker? I have heard some rumours about cheating at the site!
MattL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #10696
27offsuit
actions have consequences!
 
27offsuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sweet ass inya face
Posts: 36,785
Re: Hollywood Poker is rigged?

Rumours, you say!


How ribald!
27offsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #10697
MattL
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2
Re: Hollywood Poker is rigged?

Suk my dik
MattL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #10698
2/325Falcon
Conehead
 
2/325Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 21,907
Re: Hollywood Poker is rigged?

Is this a suggestion about the forums and the software that implements them?
2/325Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #10699
Sniper
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: IYTCYP
Posts: 13,351
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I was gonna say this should probably be in the Zoo, but after his 2nd post, it might just be going tio the trash bin...


edit: in after move to the zoo
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:51 PM   #10700
LetsGambool
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,578
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
the incentive of rigging the 10cent games probably doesn't involve the idea of making alot of money off them obviously.
the incentive is to attract players and keep them depositing. for example, if a new player deposits and begins playing 10cent games and starts winning consistently not only will he be entertained but he will probably move up stakes (eventually to go broke ofcourse, redeposit, and hop right back into those higher stakes to retain losses)
So hiring staff members to win the 10 cent games will make the other players win consistently and deposit more? Stephenmeares logic at its finest.
LetsGambool is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive