Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #10251
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Take my quotes out of context.....

You asked a question on who I'd trust more a Vegas official or an Isle of Man official. I think common sense that is that I live in the USA...kind of no brainer.... But that was a hypothetical question wasn't it? Does LV or Nev. gaming commission regulate any poker sites? your turning my response into a statement that you claim I made. So you do some research or learn how to comprehend english.
It is possible to trust both the Isle of Man and the Nevada Gaming Commission. It isn't like if you trust one you can't trust the other. I think at this point you are taking a little less hard of a stance than you have in the past because you realize you may have been off base a little.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #10252
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
It is possible to trust both the Isle of Man and the Nevada Gaming Commission. It isn't like if you trust one you can't trust the other. I think at this point you are taking a little less hard of a stance than you have in the past because you realize you may have been off base a little.
I didn't say I don't trust the Isle of Mann, I said I could shake hands w/ a Vegas Official. In other words, I am capable and financially stable enough to afford a trip to the Nev. Gaming Comm. if I needed to. I'm not gonna fly to Costa Rica or the Isle of Mann over a poker ($$)dispute....
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #10253
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
It is possible to trust both the Isle of Man and the Nevada Gaming Commission. It isn't like if you trust one you can't trust the other. I think at this point you are taking a little less hard of a stance than you have in the past because you realize you may have been off base a little.
And I realize from viewing my posts from an outside perspective how I could come across to some people. There's a reason why I always show MJ so much praise in this thread...
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #10254
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,957
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Take my quotes out of context.....

You asked a question on who I'd trust more a Vegas official or an Isle of Man official. I think common sense that is that I live in the USA...kind of no brainer....
I don't think there's any reason to trust a Vegas official ahead of an IOM official.

Trust is an issue of two key components: character and capability. Those two factors are interwined in the meaning of trust. You would trust your mother to look after you generally, but you wouldn't trust her to perform open heart surgery... because you value her character, but don't value her surgical capabilities.

The same principles apply here. Let's consider the "character" and "capability" issues separately.

I don't think there's really any doubt to the character of either group of people - both are well meaning. I don't think we have any easily available evidence in favour or against the character of either group.

However, when it comes to capability, you have the choice between a group that has been doing it for some time now, has been evaluated by the UK independently and found to be amongst the best in the world in Isle of Man. On the other hand, the Vegas team has no experience in the matter, has no rules, has no independent endorsement, and does not even make a claim to being able to regulate online poker sites AFAIK.

Thus, it's pretty nonsensical to trust a Vegas official ahead of an IOM official.
Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #10255
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josem View Post
Thus, it's pretty nonsensical to trust a Vegas official ahead of an IOM official.
oh snap
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:16 AM   #10256
SwedishMedusa
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 390
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Take my quotes out of context.....

You asked a question on who I'd trust more a Vegas official or an Isle of Man official. I think common sense that is that I live in the USA...kind of no brainer.... But that was a hypothetical question wasn't it? Does LV or Nev. gaming commission regulate any poker sites? your turning my response into a statement that you claim I made. So you do some research or learn how to comprehend english.
The original issue wasn't about who you'd trust *more*, it was about you being a bigot (and being uninformed):

Quote:
What gambling laws? This isn't Las Vegas...
You are clearly(?) insinuating that the site in question does not abide by any gambling laws, i.e. is "unregulated" because it's outside of Vegas/US.

I admit English is not my primary language though so maybe I misinterpreted that statement.
SwedishMedusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #10257
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMedusa View Post
The original issue wasn't about who you'd trust *more*, it was about you being a bigot (and being uninformed):



You are clearly(?) insinuating that the site in question does not abide by any gambling laws, i.e. is "unregulated" because it's outside of Vegas/US.

I admit English is not my primary language though so maybe I misinterpreted that statement.
Again you failed to understand the context and texture of the conversation in that thread....
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #10258
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Again you failed to understand the context and texture of the conversation in that thread....
tk, he hasn't failed to understand anything.

You are, as usual, captaining the fail boat as it heads, full tilt, to fail land.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #10259
DonkoTheClown
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 741
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josem View Post
I don't think there's any reason to trust a Vegas official ahead of an IOM official.

Trust is an issue of two key components: character and capability. Those two factors are interwined in the meaning of trust. You would trust your mother to look after you generally, but you wouldn't trust her to perform open heart surgery... because you value her character, but don't value her surgical capabilities.

The same principles apply here. Let's consider the "character" and "capability" issues separately.

I don't think there's really any doubt to the character of either group of people - both are well meaning. I don't think we have any easily available evidence in favour or against the character of either group.

However, when it comes to capability, you have the choice between a group that has been doing it for some time now, has been evaluated by the UK independently and found to be amongst the best in the world in Isle of Man. On the other hand, the Vegas team has no experience in the matter, has no rules, has no independent endorsement, and does not even make a claim to being able to regulate online poker sites AFAIK.

Thus, it's pretty nonsensical to trust a Vegas official ahead of an IOM official.
These days, I trust government officials in the United States a whole lot less. So to me, the Isle of Man is looking a whole lot more credible than the Nevada Gaming Commission. The biggest difference is brick and mortar and online. It is hard to make comparisons.
DonkoTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #10260
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Again you failed to understand the context and texture of the conversation in that thread....
Please give us the context of the quote: "What gambling laws? This isn't Las Vegas...". I'm interested in seeing how you can spin that one.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #10261
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
Please give us the context of the quote: "What gambling laws? This isn't Las Vegas...". I'm interested in seeing how you can spin that one.
The Clue Bus came but tk1133 missed it.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #10262
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
Please give us the context of the quote: "What gambling laws? This isn't Las Vegas...". I'm interested in seeing how you can spin that one.
This is before I reread the thread. From what I remember, somebody said "I wonder laws they broke" or "I wonder how the gaming commission is going to react or punish them." That was the "texture of the conversation..." Spin what? You really think I care what you think about me personally?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #10263
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
This is before I reread the thread. From what I remember, somebody said "I wonder laws they broke" or "I wonder how the gaming commission is going to react or punish them." That was the "texture of the conversation..." Spin what? You really think I care what you think about me personally?
It is more than alright if your opinion has changed since you made that post, but don't try to pretend your comment was just "taken out of context". You made a comment that was incorrect, as everyone does from time to time; however, there was no need for additional context to prove that your sentiments were misguided.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #10264
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
It is more than alright if your opinion has changed since you made that post, but don't try to pretend your comment was just "taken out of context". You made a comment that was incorrect, as everyone does from time to time; however, there was no need for additional context to prove that your sentiments were misguided.
Since you put it like that, I could see how my post(about the Isle of Mann), that I thought was taken out of context, was misleading and incorrect.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #10265
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Since you put it like that, I could see how my post(about the Isle of Mann), that I thought was taken out of context, was misleading and incorrect.
I will give you credit if your opinions have been swayed by the facts presented. It is more than can be said for a lot of people, particularly in this thread.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #10266
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkoTheClown View Post
Every single time this particular scenario comes up, it is the same thing, like a glitch in the programming.
Despite Donko being pretty much an obvious troll, I just got the fun lag during a hand with this hand and figured I'd clutter the thread up a bit.


Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

UTG: $2.90
MP: $0.70
CO: $3.71
BTN: $6.59
Hero (SB): $2.94
BB: $1.97

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with K K
1 fold, MP raises to $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.32, 1 fold, MP raises to $0.70 all in, Hero calls $0.38

I raised big because the shorty had been shoving pre a ton, and this raise made it look like they wanted action. Luckily we both had the "show hands when all in" option on, so the cards were flipped, Hero's KK versus villain's GrannyMae, Q5.

Flop: ($1.42) 9 K 8 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Looking pretty good here, basically a lock.

Turn: ($1.42) 2 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Here's where the lag made an appearance, it hung for a bit before I saw the river, and I admit I got a bit nervous.

Spoiler:


otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #10267
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,056
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I just need to learn to misclick at the appropriate times. As is the best hand played won and that is hardly right for riggedologists. This happened earlier tonight .

Poker Stars $10+$1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t1500/t3000 Blinds + t300 - 9 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Hero (MP2): t103684 M = 14.40
CO: t56249 M = 7.81
BTN: t41388 M = 5.75
SB: t67354 M = 9.35
BB: t121872 M = 16.93
UTG: t70660 M = 9.81
UTG+1: t116628 M = 16.20
UTG+2: t39488 M = 5.48
MP1: t172052 M = 23.90

Pre Flop: (t7200) Hero is MP2 with K 5
2 folds, UTG+2 raises to t39188 all in, 2 folds, CO raises to t55949 all in, 1 fold, SB raises to t67054 all in, BB calls t64054

Flop: (t231945) 6 7 4 (4 players - 3 are all in)

Turn: (t231945) 8 (4 players - 3 are all in)

River: (t231945) 2 (4 players - 3 are all in)

Final Pot: t231945
CO shows K K (a pair of Kings)
SB shows Q Q (a pair of Queens)
BB shows A A (a pair of Aces)
UTG+2 shows 9 9 (a pair of Nines)
BB wins t22210
BB wins t50283
BB wins t159452
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:14 AM   #10268
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I would like to motion for an hour of silence in the great rigged debate. We have lost a true hero in the rigtard movement today....Stigmots, a pioneer in proving online poker corruption, was banned from the 2+2 community tonight for our sins....
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:16 AM   #10269
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
Final Pot: t231945
CO shows K K (a pair of Kings)
SB shows Q Q (a pair of Queens)
BB shows A A (a pair of Aces)
UTG+2 shows 9 9 (a pair of Nines)
4 PP ?!?! No way that's random, get IoM on the phone now!

And none of them hit, that must be like one in a billion!
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #10270
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

What is to stop somebody from creating this:

http://www.getacoder.com/projects/po...er_113108.html

Wait for your site to launch and have full capabilities of hacking that poker site like the scam site they REFERENCE....But it's been sold to you, under your name.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #10271
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I would like to motion for an hour of silence in the great rigged debate. We have lost a true hero in the rigtard movement today....Stigmots, a pioneer in proving online poker corruption, was banned from the 2+2 community tonight for our sins....
And, another one bites the dust.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #10272
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I would like to motion for an hour of silence in the great rigged debate. We have lost a true hero in the rigtard movement today....Stigmots, a pioneer in proving online poker corruption, was banned from the 2+2 community tonight for our sins....
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
And, another one bites the dust.
Cliffs? Who is he/she? What did he/she do?
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #10273
smithcommajohn
grinder
 
smithcommajohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: acceptance
Posts: 533
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadebidder View Post
4 PP ?!?! No way that's random, get IoM on the phone now!

And none of them hit, that must be like one in a billion!
I know you're being facetious here, but the actual chance of 4 pocket pairs missing their sets on an entire 5-card board is pretty high... about 34.7%!

(36/44)*(35/43)*(34/42)*(33/41)*(32/40)
smithcommajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #10274
SwedishMedusa
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 390
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arouet View Post
Cliffs? Who is he/she/it? What did he/she/it do?
fyp

don't forget about the lizard people
SwedishMedusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #10275
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arouet View Post
Cliffs? Who is he/she? What did he/she do?
dunno, just assumed it was normal tk1133 keyboard diarrhea.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive