Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #9851
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,348
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealBobSmith View Post
People, please understand this, online poker is the biggest scam of all time. I used to do some programming for one of the online sites. If you think you are playing a real game of poker, you are just another poor soul being parted from your hard earned money. Dont let the shills cover up the real truth about what is happening. They are paid to twist everything around on you so that you feel too dumb to pursue further research and action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealBobSmith View Post
Dave, I can tell you this, YOU ARE ON TO SOMETHING.
Lamegimmickaccount is lame.

And banned.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:56 AM   #9852
old_moose
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 81
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealBobSmith View Post
People, please understand this, online poker is the biggest scam of all time. I used to do some programming for one of the online sites. If you think you are playing a real game of poker, you are just another poor soul being parted from your hard earned money. Dont let the shills cover up the real truth about what is happening. They are paid to twist everything around on you so that you feel too dumb to pursue further research and action.
Ahaa Ahaa, first I hope you are the Bob Smith, who wrote the posting I been supporting. The one which included being fired from Tiltware, which you also added to the posting. Posted below the first paragraph,

on December 29, 2008 at 5:31 pm Bob Smith

Their are many folk out there arguing about if online poker is rigged or not…I wold like to help put this to rest by stating that it is rigged in many different ways. i helped write some of the software for tiltware LLC…while working on the fulltilt site some of the other programmers and i were asked to install programming into the software that would recognize certain players and provide them with unbeatable hands. we were also asked to develope software that would provide what they called the”maximum oppurtunity to bet” which meant that the deals are rigged to deal out alot of good starting hands to alot of players so that the most betting possible would take place on every deal. The deal would then provide a monster flop in which atleast two players would be all in before the river.(ever wonder why nobody ever misses the flop online…because then no one would bet and that is not what fulltilt wants) This keeps the tourneys fast paced and exciting which players love. Fulltilt loves this too, the faster you lose the faster they can make more money off you by having enter another tourney.

If you are this gentleman, I sure like to talk to you. By the way thanks for posting the above . I would say, anybody who does not believe there cheating go on, with online poker. Lives in fantasy land.
old_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:01 AM   #9853
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_moose View Post
If you are this gentleman, I sure like to talk to you. By the way thanks for posting the above . I would say, anybody who does not believe there cheating go on, with online poker. Lives in fantasy land.
Sure, there's lots of cheating going on. There's a lot of cheating live too. Question is: by whom?
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:04 AM   #9854
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,348
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

old_moose, you really need to start applying some critical thinking skills rather than believing everything you read.

Why do you automatically believe that Tiltware wrote software for Full Tilt, that Bob Smith worked for them, and that Bob Smith is even the guy who wrote the posts you're always quoting?

But more to the point here, what makes you think TheRealBobSmith is anything other than the gimmick account that he is? Did you even bother reading all his posts (there's only 3)?

Maybe I should create a TheRealBillGates account and see if I can get you to send me $50 for a copy of Windows 7.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:21 AM   #9855
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_moose View Post
Ahaa Ahaa, first I hope you are the Bob Smith, who wrote the posting I been supporting. The one which included being fired from Tiltware, which you also added to the posting. Posted below the first paragraph,

on December 29, 2008 at 5:31 pm Bob Smith

Their are many folk out there arguing about if online poker is rigged or not…I wold like to help put this to rest by stating that it is rigged in many different ways. i helped write some of the software for tiltware LLC…while working on the fulltilt site some of the other programmers and i were asked to install programming into the software that would recognize certain players and provide them with unbeatable hands. we were also asked to develope software that would provide what they called the”maximum oppurtunity to bet” which meant that the deals are rigged to deal out alot of good starting hands to alot of players so that the most betting possible would take place on every deal. The deal would then provide a monster flop in which atleast two players would be all in before the river.(ever wonder why nobody ever misses the flop online…because then no one would bet and that is not what fulltilt wants) This keeps the tourneys fast paced and exciting which players love. Fulltilt loves this too, the faster you lose the faster they can make more money off you by having enter another tourney.

If you are this gentleman, I sure like to talk to you. By the way thanks for posting the above . I would say, anybody who does not believe there cheating go on, with online poker. Lives in fantasy land.
Seriously are you kidding me? You listen to a bunch of reasoned discussion and then this troll makes a gimmick account and you fall for it that easily?

Some people want to believe this crap so badly...
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #9856
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,055
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFuego20 View Post
Seriously are you kidding me? You listen to a bunch of reasoned discussion and then this troll makes a gimmick account and you fall for it that easily?

Some people want to believe this crap so badly...
This is why even what appears to be the dumbest and most obvious scams still get certain people. There have even been people who called up those who were scammed and told them that they can get their money back for a fee which the victim then paid again. It was the same scam artists just hitting up "good customers."

Whether this oldmoose guy is real or a fake (I am hoping it is the latter) is beside the point, the reality is that a good chunk of people with zero ability to reason fall victim to these types of cons every day, based on their need to want something to be true.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #9857
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
There have even been people who called up those who were scammed and told them that they can get their money back for a fee which the victim then paid again. It was the same scam artists just hitting up "good customers."
This lady I worked with once got ripped off by some guy selling these self-help book sets. She gave him a check for $200 bucks. When he told her (over the phone) that he had run out of stock, he got her for another $35 to "insure her order would get top priority". Then to top it off, he calls her back like a month later saying he needed another $35 bucks and he would send her back a full refund and some voucher for 50% off any future orders. She was out almost $300 and never got sht! We used to tease the sht out of her
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #9858
pooflinger
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: run bad
Posts: 850
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

maybe it wasnt a gimic account dont be so quick to judge without asking a few questions maybe next time?
pooflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #9859
pooflinger
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: run bad
Posts: 850
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

4 sets cracked in a row today just thought i throw that in
pooflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #9860
AaronT
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 459
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooflinger View Post
maybe it wasnt a gimic account dont be so quick to judge without asking a few questions maybe next time?
Are you taking over/unders on this one?

I mean, my heavens, one would first have to buy into the fantacy that this mythical person existed, then that they really did post this whistle blowing post elsewhere, and then come here with a gimmick name without actually being a gimmick, oh and then make gimmicky posts. Seriously....
AaronT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #9861
old_moose
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 81
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Just to declare I am a real person and human being. I am 72 years old, stand 5ft 10 inches high, and I wish I weighed 180 lbs, just a bit over. Gray hair and the only weapon that works today is my writing hand. All the other weapon's have gone to rest.

Just to insure my motive is understood. I believe this online poker game is costing many people their hard earned cash. Oh yes, some people don't know the first rules in poker, and bound to get relieved of their wealth. Others take advantage of their lack of playing skills. If you add the element of crook software, into the play. Then the above two classes of players both take a beating. The unknowledgeables, go down quicker, while the educated ones are being whacked also. And the enjoyment leaves the game.

I challenged the "protectors" to produced evidence, that online poker is not rigged. Because they had nothing but beliefs, they could not apply to the challenge. But replied with somewhat like this in plain Engish, "Show me yours first, then I will show you mind." Well I posted what evidences I had, the Bob Smith posting. The only thing they could do is tear it apart. With comments like, "How do you know Tiltware and Full Tilt are the same thing." Read the Internet. Another one now, "gimmickaccount." Therefore I made a posting to see. I will see if this person "Bob Smith" is a real person. Because not to harm him, but to honor him for the courage he had to take to step forward to warn people of possible the largest scam ever put together.

In fact I'm going to build a plaque out of stone, and the following chiselled into the stone in Uppercase letters, "WE THE BELIEVERS OF RIGGED SOFTWARE BEING USED IN ONLINE POKER GAME, WE THANK YOU."

If I hear from Bob Smith, his name will be in number 1 place.

The plaque in future posting will be called, "In HONOR."
old_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #9862
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_moose View Post
Just to declare I am a real person and human being. I am 72 years old, stand 5ft 10 inches high, and I wish I weighed 180 lbs, just a bit over. Gray hair and the only weapon that works today is my writing hand. All the other weapon's have gone to rest.

Just to insure my motive is understood. I believe this online poker game is costing many people their hard earned cash. Oh yes, some people don't know the first rules in poker, and bound to get relieved of their wealth. Others take advantage of their lack of playing skills. If you add the element of crook software, into the play. Then the above two classes of players both take a beating. The unknowledgeables, go down quicker, while the educated ones are being whacked also. And the enjoyment leaves the game.

I challenged the "protectors" to produced evidence, that online poker is not rigged. Because they had nothing but beliefs, they could not apply to the challenge. But replied with somewhat like this in plain Engish, "Show me yours first, then I will show you mind." Well I posted what evidences I had, the Bob Smith posting. The only thing they could do is tear it apart. With comments like, "How do you know Tiltware and Full Tilt are the same thing." Read the Internet. Another one now, "gimmickaccount." Therefore I made a posting to see. I will see if this person "Bob Smith" is a real person. Because not to harm him, but to honor him for the courage he had to take to step forward to warn people of possible the largest scam ever put together.

In fact I'm going to build a plaque out of stone, and the following chiselled into the stone in Uppercase letters, "WE THE BELIEVERS OF RIGGED SOFTWARE BEING USED IN ONLINE POKER GAME, WE THANK YOU."

If I hear from Bob Smith, his name will be in number 1 place.

The plaque in future posting will be called, "In HONOR."
So, like, you still haven't, like, read the, uh, like, thread yet?
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #9863
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,055
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronT View Post
Are you taking over/unders on this one?

I mean, my heavens, one would first have to buy into the fantacy that this mythical person existed, then that they really did post this whistle blowing post elsewhere, and then come here with a gimmick name without actually being a gimmick, oh and then make gimmicky posts. Seriously....
When someone wants to believe in something really bad they will distort reality and common sense, at times to silly levels, to make their beliefs somehow valid.

If a guy created an account and posted under the name

Thisisagimmickandmypostsarejokes

and he posted that rooms are rigged because he lost a coin flip some would latch onto that as additional proof.

This real/fake old moose guy posting is a perfect example of this. If he is a fake so be it, but if he is real he will cling to anything anyone says that may support what he desperately wants to be true.

Some people are just that gullible, and in threads like this the consequences are minor - maybe some taunting, but those are the guys that will spew their money to one con after another in real life, and that is less charming for them.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #9864
AaronT
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 459
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

old_moose,

Are you familiar with Snopes? http://www.snopes.com One of the ways they use to distinguish a phoney story from a factual one is that a phoney story doesn't have verifiable facts in it like names, dates, locations, documentation etc. Factual stories generally do.

A real whistleblower who is puting his/her reputation, career, and under the reality of corruption, possibly his/her life on the line, is going to provide more than raw assertions. There's going to be verifiable facts. That fairytale you keep referring to as "evidence" is nothing of the sort. It is just the ramblings of some loon on the Internet. It is not evidence and you cannot claim it as such no matter how much you want to. Why on Earth would you expect me or anyone else to simply take the word of some random anomous poster on the Internet at their word for anything much less something that goes against all mathmatical evidence?!? That's illogical. I could easily write essays in various locations on the Internet claiming to be "Susan Doe" and have inside information that the pokersites are run cleanly then cite them. Would you suddenly believe them because they are written somewhere on the Internet?

And worse yet would me to be to believe this loon so based on your say so. That's heresay.

No, you have NOT provided any evidence as you claim. And until you do you're just pretending to have any reasons for your beliefs. Instead you believe IN SPITE of the evidence. And that, sir, makes you either irrational or delusional, your choice.
AaronT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #9865
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooflinger View Post
4 sets cracked in a row today just thought i throw that in
I know! So last night, I had AA in late position. two limpers, I raise it up, lose one and the other repops it all in. I install call of course. He flips over AK. K hits on the flop. I'm still good right? Turn brings him a gutshot straightdraw. Of course, right? So then of course, the inevitable happens. River is a brick and I stack him.

So rigged!
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #9866
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,055
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronT View Post
old_moose,

Are you familiar with Snopes? http://www.snopes.com One of the ways they use to distinguish a phoney story from a factual one is that a phoney story doesn't have verifiable facts in it like names, dates, locations, documentation etc. Factual stories generally do.

A real whistleblower who is puting his/her reputation, career, and under the reality of corruption, possibly his/her life on the line, is going to provide more than raw assertions. There's going to be verifiable facts. That fairytale you keep referring to as "evidence" is nothing of the sort. It is just the ramblings of some loon on the Internet. It is not evidence and you cannot claim it as such no matter how much you want to. Why on Earth would you expect me or anyone else to simply take the word of some random anomous poster on the Internet at their word for anything much less something that goes against all mathmatical evidence?!? That's illogical. I could easily write essays in various locations on the Internet claiming to be "Susan Doe" and have inside information that the pokersites are run cleanly then cite them. Would you suddenly believe them because they are written somewhere on the Internet?
He would. Easily. Try it sometime, it can be fun. I created a gimmick account a few months ago and posted what I thought to be claims so silly that no riggedologist would believe it. Two of them quoted me and thanked me.




Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronT View Post
No, you have NOT provided any evidence as you claim. And until you do you're just pretending to have any reasons for your beliefs. Instead you believe IN SPITE of the evidence. And that, sir, makes you either irrational or delusional, your choice.
He is either a fake or a genuine out of touch old guy desperately seeking any kind of attention. Give what he says appropriate weight fitting with those options.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:52 PM   #9867
AaronT
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 459
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arouet View Post
I know! So last night, I had AA in late position. two limpers, I raise it up, lose one and the other repops it all in. I install call of course. He flips over AK. K hits on the flop. I'm still good right? Turn brings him a gutshot straightdraw. Of course, right? So then of course, the inevitable happens. River is a brick and I stack him.

So rigged!
I presume you meant the gutshot was for a splitpot? By the turn you both had A's and K's so their shouldn't be any straights that apply to him but not you.
AaronT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #9868
pooflinger
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: run bad
Posts: 850
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

bob smith will soon be legend no wonder he uses fake name mafia would probally kill him
pooflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #9869
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,348
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooflinger View Post
maybe it wasnt a gimic account dont be so quick to judge without asking a few questions maybe next time?
Yes, it was. Don't be so quick to cast doubt without reading a few posts maybe next time?
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #9870
AaronT
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 459
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooflinger View Post
bob smith will soon be legend no wonder he uses fake name mafia would probally kill him
Define "soon" and "legend" and maybe we can get a bet going.
AaronT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #9871
old_moose
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 81
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

The second name to be chiseled into my "In Honor" plaque. Is the person who, exposed the Pitbull issue.
I saw the name on the Internet, but I forgot where. If someone can help, be my guest.
http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/pitbul...l-action-5424/
This person also has to be honored and be recognized as a leading citizen of this board.

Now to celebrate, got the wife going out to buy some beer and wine to celebrate.
old_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #9872
old_moose
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 81
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Now why do I have the pleasure of celebrating, as follows.

The Bob Smith issue is not really needed to win this debate.

The most recent, Pitbull affair makes the believers the winners of this debate. The debate reads at least on my computer, "The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads." Does not indicate what site is rigged.

Therefore the busting of Pitbull, gives the "believers or rigtards" the winning edge. Hey "believers or rigtards," come on out, and celebrate, we have won. We got one that is cheating and if there is one there are more.

As for the "protectors or shills" you can call us names or what you like. Do that and I will ask you this question, "What does you and Pitbull have in common." I suggest other "believers or rigtards" do the same. Question them on Pitbull.
old_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #9873
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,348
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

old_moose, your schtick is getting old. Long before any trouble at Pibull, there was Cereus (Ultimate and Absolute). The unearthing of both of those scandals happened in large part because of the hard work of many 2+2ers, some of whom are among your ridiculously named "protectors". So go ahead and chisel imaginary names like Bob Smith on your imaginary plaque. Meanwhile, many intelligent 2+2ers will remain on the lookout for real scandals and do their part in exposing them. It's unfortunate people like you have this need to complicate the issue by promoting unfounded and unsubstantiated crap. Why do you do this? What site are you protecting?
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #9874
old_moose
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 81
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arouet View Post
So, like, you still haven't, like, read the, uh, like, thread yet?
Oh yes I'm still doing my homework. I have not gained much because I went back to #15 to re-read something that I figure was quite interesting. I wanted to absorbed this portion again. Anyway, I'm satisfy with the downfall of Pitbull should be the most positive example of rigging software or cheating at play.

Take care of yourself, the board could get wild.
old_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #9875
5thStreetHog
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5thStreetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,687
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fat View Post
old_moose, your schtick is getting old. Long before any trouble at Pibull, there was Cereus (Ultimate and Absolute). The unearthing of both of those scandals happened in large part because of the hard work of many 2+2ers, some of whom are among your ridiculously named "protectors". So go ahead and chisel imaginary names like Bob Smith on your imaginary plaque. Meanwhile, many intelligent 2+2ers will remain on the lookout for real scandals and do their part in exposing them. It's unfortunate people like you have this need to complicate the issue by promoting unfounded and unsubstantiated crap. Why do you do this? What site are you protecting?
Amen
5thStreetHog is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive