Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,445 34.94%
No 5,522 56.01%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9859. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #9826
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGambler View Post
I didn't hear Markusg asking anyone if they were still sleeping with sheep. But maybe I just missed it.
to be fair, I made my comment this morning before reading qpw's similar one and the resulting fracas. it was easy to get lost in the mix.

I often find myself about to make a post and see that KoF has said basically the same thing too. I think I'm gonna stop sleeping to prevent that phenomenon in the future.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #9827
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arouet View Post
Wow, quite the drama.

Ok, here's the verdict from the voice of reason:

QPW: pointing out the typo was petty, the rest was fine, and perhaps because it was TK: necessary.

LV: when you want to point out that someone is over-reacting, perhaps its better to do it in a manner that could not also be characterized as over-reacting. The point you were trying to make was: when you point out petty things, it detracts from the greater critique.

Friends again?

The man has spoken. Well put (it was tk.. I lost myself there for a minute). I must admit, being the man that I am, I over-reacted somewhat.

LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #9828
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I must also admit that when I subjected myself to reading old_moose's long, drawn out, ridiculous claims, I was already pretty much tilted. Rigtards and conspiracy nuts have that effect on me. People who sleep with 8 year olds and sheep (or the mere mentioning of it) can cause a similar effect. My apologies..
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #9829
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGambler View Post
People who sleep with 8 year olds and sheep (or the mere mentioning of it) can cause a similar effect.
I'm sorry if that upset you.

It really wasn't supposed to be taken at face value. More as an abstract example of how offensive it could be if someone made such an unfounded allegation.

I'll avoid using that particular example in future.

Last edited by qpw; 10-23-2009 at 08:45 AM.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #9830
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

...
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #9831
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGambler View Post
I must also admit that when I subjected myself to reading old_moose's long, drawn out, ridiculous claims, I was already pretty much tilted. Rigtards and conspiracy nuts have that effect on me. People who sleep with 8 year olds and sheep (or the mere mentioning of it) can cause a similar effect. My apologies..
WTF? So who sleeps w/ 8 year olds and sheep then?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:28 AM   #9832
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
I'm sorry if that upset you.

It really wasn't supposed to be taken at face value. More as an abstract example of how offensive it could be if someone made such an unfounded allegation.

I'll avoid using that particular example in future.
Hmmm, why would you compare having sex with 8 year olds and sheep to.....well.... anything? Is that the first thing that seriously comes to your mind? I find it odd that nobody else finds that disturbing.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #9833
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
AND WTF...IT WAS TK?
How the **** can you justify associating me and my name w/ molesting children and ****ing sheep? You really want to take this to another level?

I understand what your point was and your an unoriginal little worm. I believe the same anology was used a long time ago in this thread. I find your bringing up sex w/ 8 year old children to be very disturbing. How do you feel that's relevent?

Last edited by tk1133; 10-23-2009 at 09:36 AM.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #9834
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
I'm sorry if that upset you.

It really wasn't supposed to be taken at face value. More as an abstract example of how offensive it could be if someone made such an unfounded allegation.

I'll avoid using that particular example in future.
Perhaps being a social recluse has caused you to be the one that is dillusional?? You probably have some sort of social complex developed from not leaving your house for weeks at a time? Do you even shower? Are you just pissed off you have no life nor any friends outside of this forum? Who brings up 8 year olds like that out of nowhere? Why are you a credible resource again?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #9835
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
How the **** can you justify associating me and my name w/ molesting children and ****ing sheep? You really want to take this to another level?

I understand what your point was and your an unoriginal little worm. I believe the same anology was used a long time ago in this thread. I find your bringing up sex w/ 8 year old children to be very disturbing. How do you feel that's relevent?
The "it was TK" refers to the fact that you often don't appreciate arguments when they're done subtly, so he had to hit you over the head with his point.

TK, I think to some extent you mean well, you see injustice or potential injustice and you "go after it". However, the upshot is you seem to become tunnel visioned: you look for evidence to support your point and ignore the evidence against it.

Probably the best example is in your last few posts where you have already dismissed whatever results spadebidder comes up with in his huge hand analysis, based solely (as far as I can tell) on the basis that his data came from Indiana's website and Indiana is also a well known botter and cheater. You dismiss well thought out arguments without a thought, and barely acknowledge them as legitimate, without providing any analysis whatsoever. You label people shills and therefore ignore what they have to say.

If you really want to get at the truth, you need to keep an open mind and approach this from a more skeptical attitude: examine the arguments, look at the data that is being presented to you, and come up with a conclusion. What you have done is smelled a rat and you now imagine that it is caught in your trap, when all that's there is cheese.


0
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #9836
Nofx Fan
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,632
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

What's goin' on in here guys?
Nofx Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #9837
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Hmmm, why would you compare having sex with 8 year olds and sheep to.....well.... anything? Is that the first thing that seriously comes to your mind?
Only when I think of you, tk.

Quote:
I find it odd that nobody else finds that disturbing.
Do you have evidence that no one else finds it disturbing?

Only for once there is evidence in contradiction of your impression.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #9838
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

You just don't learn, do you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Perhaps being a social recluse has caused you to be the one that is dillusional?
Evidence?

Quote:
You probably have some sort of social complex developed from not leaving your house for weeks at a time?
Evidence?


Quote:
Are you just pissed off you have no life
Evidence?


Quote:
nor any friends outside of this forum?
Evidence?
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #9839
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I find it odd that nobody else finds that disturbing.
I find it odd that any unsubstantiated claim of malfeasance isn't considered disturbing.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #9840
AaronT
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 459
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
I contend that people who can't spell properly, or at least use spell check, are not clever enough to analyze data for anomalies and their opinions are to be taken with a packet of salt.

Authors of posts full of gross misspellings and outlandish, unsubstantiated claims should be ridiculed on general principle.
Well, I'm screwed under those conditions. I'm a terrible speller, and I'm not going to take the time to spell check posts here. This is generally time I spend between hands, or between tasks at work, or sometimes even posts made from my cell phone. So, it's a rush job. I pat myself on the back if it comes out in something resembling English.
AaronT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #9841
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arouet View Post
based solely (as far as I can tell) on the basis that his data came from Indiana's website and Indiana is also a well known botter and cheater.
The data came from a well known commercial datamining site. Indiana just obtained it, I assume he got a deal where he didn't have to pay their regular rates (or anything).
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #9842
augie_
missed out on bitcoin
 
augie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 21,629
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

if i'm ever really suicidal, i'm gonna read this thread start to finish. then i will have the courage to go thru with it.
augie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #9843
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by augie_ View Post
if i'm ever really suicidal, i'm gonna read this thread start to finish. then i will have the courage to go thru with it.
Nah, you'd go to sleep long before you got half way through and you'd probably wake up feeling a lot better.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #9844
Bingo_Boy
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,872
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I appreciate what he's doing, no doubt. But for somebody "that knew something that nobody could know" before he started his analysis, I think his results will be skepticle to a lot of us.
Didn't waste any time getting that in early did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Hmmm, why would you compare having sex with 8 year olds and sheep to.....well.... anything? Is that the first thing that seriously comes to your mind? I find it odd that nobody else finds that disturbing.
He's clearly selecting a particularly inflamatory example to illustrate how stupid you and others continue to be. As you rightly point out it has been done several times before but for some reason you still don't understand.
Bingo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #9845
dave40262000
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

maybe this is in the wrong spot, but I was checking some results earlier and saw one that is pretty unusual.
anyone know who N1NJ4.BR is on Pokerstars? He came in 2nd in last week's Sunday million for a nice $172,832.00 cash. The problem I see is where did he come from? I looked him up on top shark and I see a couple of $1.00 double or nothing tourney in 2008 and then last month he did 5 very small buy-in SNG's and now he pays a full buy-in to the Sunday million and comes in 2nd on his first shot? pretty strange to me..
dave40262000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #9846
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave40262000 View Post
maybe this is in the wrong spot, but I was checking some results earlier and saw one that is pretty unusual.
anyone know who N1NJ4.BR is on Pokerstars? He came in 2nd in last week's Sunday million for a nice $172,832.00 cash. The problem I see is where did he come from? I looked him up on top shark and I see a couple of $1.00 double or nothing tourney in 2008 and then last month he did 5 very small buy-in SNG's and now he pays a full buy-in to the Sunday million and comes in 2nd on his first shot? pretty strange to me..
Google is your friend. He did a Well a long time ago on 2+2. Here is the link: http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...8107670&page=0

Apparently he is fairly well known in Brazil and had a huge Brazilian rail when he was at the FT on the Sunday Million.

If you're looking for something suspicious, I think you'll have to look elsewhere.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #9847
dave40262000
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

ahhh cool... thanks... I knew there had to be something up.. makes sense now. thanks for the info.
dave40262000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #9848
dbcooper279
old hand
 
dbcooper279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Under 23ft of water
Posts: 1,678
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave40262000 View Post
maybe this is in the wrong spot, but I was checking some results earlier and saw one that is pretty unusual.
anyone know who N1NJ4.BR is on Pokerstars? He came in 2nd in last week's Sunday million for a nice $172,832.00 cash. The problem I see is where did he come from? I looked him up on top shark and I see a couple of $1.00 double or nothing tourney in 2008 and then last month he did 5 very small buy-in SNG's and now he pays a full buy-in to the Sunday million and comes in 2nd on his first shot? pretty strange to me..
Anyone here about this Moneymaker guy? He plays a $40 donkament on Stars, luckboxes his way to winning a seat in the WSOP Main Event, then luckboxes his way to first, worth $2.5 million. Pretty strange to me.....
dbcooper279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #9849
TheRealBobSmith
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

People, please understand this, online poker is the biggest scam of all time. I used to do some programming for one of the online sites. If you think you are playing a real game of poker, you are just another poor soul being parted from your hard earned money. Dont let the shills cover up the real truth about what is happening. They are paid to twist everything around on you so that you feel too dumb to pursue further research and action.
TheRealBobSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #9850
TheRealBobSmith
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave40262000 View Post
maybe this is in the wrong spot, but I was checking some results earlier and saw one that is pretty unusual.
anyone know who N1NJ4.BR is on Pokerstars? He came in 2nd in last week's Sunday million for a nice $172,832.00 cash. The problem I see is where did he come from? I looked him up on top shark and I see a couple of $1.00 double or nothing tourney in 2008 and then last month he did 5 very small buy-in SNG's and now he pays a full buy-in to the Sunday million and comes in 2nd on his first shot? pretty strange to me..
Dave, I can tell you this, YOU ARE ON TO SOMETHING.
TheRealBobSmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive