Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,449 34.95%
No 5,524 55.98%
Undecided 895 9.07%
Voters: 9868. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #91251
browni3141
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Florida
Posts: 5,207
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnysnow View Post
Right, what about long term? You got proof or you know somebody that knows somebody that saw a video of somebody making long term profit in online?
There are tons of people making money in the PG&C forum. Some of them even stream.
browni3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:16 AM   #91252
lagtight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8,349
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by browni3141 View Post
There are tons of people making money in the PG&C forum. Some of them even stream.
What is your proof that those folks are making money "long term?"
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:18 AM   #91253
lagtight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8,349
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejames209 View Post
Without letting me know what you consider to be long term, I couldn't say. However I did find this image of well-known former online grinder nanonoko and his graph over roughly 3 million hands
Long term= 30+ years
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:57 AM   #91254
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,951
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
Long term= 30+ years
No it isn't. That's a career.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:07 PM   #91255
lagtight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8,349
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
No it isn't. That's a career.
Except nobody has had an online poker career of 30+ years.

The riggies can simply claim that nobody has ever made a profit at online poker "long term", since the "long term" is an as-of-yet unachieved duration.

In the Riggieverse, if a player plays online poker long enough, that player will eventually have a net loss.

Think of it as Poker Entropy.

Last edited by lagtight; 09-25-2021 at 01:16 PM. Reason: added Poker Entropy
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:13 PM   #91256
lagtight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8,349
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnysnow View Post
Right, what about long term? You got proof or you know somebody that knows somebody that saw a video of somebody making long term profit in online?
While I don't expect any intelligent responses from you, I'll ask a couple of questions anyway:

1. How long is "long term"?

2. For you, what would constitute proof that a player has yielded a net profit in their online poker experience?
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:06 PM   #91257
skip slawson
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
While I don't expect any intelligent responses from you, I'll ask a couple of questions anyway:

1. How long is "long term"?

2. For you, what would constitute proof that a player has yielded a net profit in their online poker experience?
You look like a Douchebag. You sound like an even bigger one. Please delete your avatar photo. And if you're going to make a thousand posts per day, How about consolidating some of your Elitist Poseur thoughts into something a little more uniform.

Last edited by skip slawson; 10-02-2021 at 08:17 PM.
skip slawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:32 PM   #91258
a dewd
Pooh-Bah
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 3,951
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
Except nobody has had an online poker career of 30+ years.

The riggies can simply claim that nobody has ever made a profit at online poker "long term", since the "long term" is an as-of-yet unachieved duration.

In the Riggieverse, if a player plays online poker long enough, that player will eventually have a net loss.

Think of it as Poker Entropy.
Yeah. That makes zero sense, maybe less.

You said long term. Anyone that is winning for 4 or 5 years consistently would fit I to the long term winner category. I've played online 27 years I think.

You said 30 years is long term and while that is a long time its a preposterous mark for debate of whether someone is a long term winner online. How about a f'n century or millennium?
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 11:13 PM   #91259
lagtight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8,349
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
Yeah. That makes zero sense, maybe less.
I vote for less.

Quote:
You said long term. Anyone that is winning for 4 or 5 years consistently would fit I to the long term winner category.
+1

Quote:
I've played online 27 years I think.
Kewl. Did you start on ACR?

Quote:
You said 30 years is long term and while that is a long time its a preposterous mark for debate of whether someone is a long term winner online. How about a f'n century or millennium?
You are correct, of course. But the only reason that you are correct is that you are combining logic and facts; a methodology frowned upon in Riggieworld.

Last edited by lagtight; 10-02-2021 at 11:19 PM.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 11:18 PM   #91260
lagtight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8,349
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip slawson View Post
You look like a Douchebag.
Are you suggesting that my dream on being on the cover of GQ Magazine is unrealistic?

Quote:
You sound like an even bigger one.
Is that a bad thing, or are you just jealous?

Quote:
Please delete your avatar photo.
I am quite vain, so as a result I could never do such a thing.

Quote:
And if you're going to make a thousand posts per day, How about consolidating some of your Elitist Poseur thoughts into something a little more uniform.
Point of Information: I only make 500 posts per day. If you want to be taken seriously around here, please get your facts right!
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 12:36 AM   #91261
skip slawson
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
Are you suggesting that my dream on being on the cover of GQ Magazine is unrealistic?

Is that a bad thing, or are you just jealous?

I am quite vain, so as a result I could never do such a thing.

Point of Information: I only make 500 posts per day. If you want to be taken seriously around here, please get your facts right!
I Rest My Case.
skip slawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #91262
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,250
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

You waited nearly a decade to post about this within the riggie thread. Might be time for you to get over your case...

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:16 AM   #91263
itsnotrandom
self-banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 72
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

I remember watching Daniel on ESPN and always was a fan of his. The poker was secondary as he was always funny and fun to watch and seemed like a genuinely good guy. I have met him once and I talked to him for like 2 or 3 mins and he was extremely nice. He chatted with me and was very friendly and personable and I appreciated it.

Now fast forward to present day and I feel I have been cheated by him with his endless promotion of GGPoker and I went on the site because he put his name on it and I trusted him so I thought I could trust them. This site is by far and away the most shady sketch site I have ever played on. I notice that I will win pots and have less money, money goes missing from my account at random intervals, and it is full of super users. Maybe this is what online poker always has been and all these sites are the same because that's what it feels like to me.

Here is a quick summary of my experience at GGPoker:

1 - make deposit of $2,000 BTC

2 - play $1/$2 NL Rush and Cash and did well at first (because of new account sun run)

3 - played a session where I had a vpip of 90 because I wanted to see what they would do. I knew that they could see my cards and it became very obvious when you play every hand. I think it is the Algorithm because your opponents will always have a better starting hand and then when you have AA,KK, or AK then they all have 9-4 etc.

4 - told them all I was knew they were cheating because if my vpip is 90 and I am literally raising every hand and 3-betting a lot of hands and betting a lot of flops turns and rivers then you should almost never fold yet every time I would make a hand they would muck, every single time. It became super super obvious that they were all super users or bots that can see the cards.

5 - I recorded the entire session and still have the video and then I tried Rush and Cash thinking that it would be harder for people to cheat or collude in Rush and then a miracle happened and I get dealt 22 on button and flop quads and get the money all in on the turn on a board of 2-5-2-5. I show my 2-2 for quads and I'm drawing dead because one guy had 5-5. I lose the hand but then Daniel shows up dancing and I see something about a jackpot and I look in my cashier and it shows $50,000.

6 - I fell for it hook line and sinker and think this is real money because I deposited real money, they accepted my real money so shouldn't all the money on a real money poker site be real money? I would think so but Daniel and GG sure don't

7 - I decide to play a little and they flipped doom switch and I get cooler after cooler after cooler and I'm down 10K

8 - I go try to play the VIP Games and sit down at $25/$50 and did ok and after 3 or 4 days I had it built up to $70K.

9 - I register for a tournament for $55 day 1 and make it through and qualified for the final stage which was on Oct. 3 for a guaranteed $1,000,000 but they cancelled that tournament, and did not refund my money

10 - I played against Linus and Limitless who are supposed to be the best in the world. Limitless was good and played well but I think linus is terrible with a capital T. I then learned a tough lesson as to any doubts if this site was rigged. I had 3 huge pots with Linus. 2 of them I got the money all in on the turn with Linus having 2 outs each time. I went 0 for 2. Lost one pot for $46K and the other one for $20K. Third pot, I flop trip 4's and we got it all in on the river and Linus had Q-4 while I had 5-4 and that was $16K pot. So online poker pros that they tout as being the best are just people the site decides is going to win every pot regardless of how they play them. Limitless I don't have a bad thing to say about him as he was friendly, and I think played well. Linus called me on the river on a decent sized pot with 7 high. I mean my god. I think he uses a solver because he tanks for every decision. I do mean every decision. I doubt this guy is an idiot so he has to know that he runs like God on that site and he must know it is rigged for him.

11 - Now I currently have $25K and can't withdraw because of the site has some restrictions on withdrawals. I need to make a minimum withdrawal of $1,000 but the daily limit is $500. Anyone who thinks the site isn't rigged just needs to look at that and I think it says it all.

12 - I have paid $57,000 in rake in one week and I contacted Pokertracker to see if this was some kind of error or something and they choose to give me the silent treatment and not respond. I noticed money would just go missing and the size of the bets were not adding up correctly to the size of the pots. For example, I bet $953 on the turn and the guy folded and the pot had $575 in it when I made the bet. What was returned to me was $575 and the $953 just "disappeared".

13 - I think the site has someone who plays against you as the other five players or at least at the VIP tables anyway. I know that most of the players are not real people or they are getting huge kickbacks for playing so they are basically employees. I mentioned to them in the chat about the money that was disappearing and their reaction made it obvious. None of them were concerned, none of them cared, and they told me my math was wrong. I told them I know how to use a calculator and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know they aren't real because any real person would be concerned about money that disappears from their account.

13 - I have also noticed that the hands you are dealt are based on your position and prior decisions and it is not random by any stretch.

14 - Also noticed that the hand matchup % that GG gives you are wrong so when you get sucked out on it doesn't feel as bad. My HH vs Linus shows me as a 73% favorite but I put it in equilab and it said I was 88%.

But other than that, it was just another week playing online poker
itsnotrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:23 AM   #91264
therightdeal
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
therightdeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kings Landing
Posts: 6,255
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

You know it's rigged, but you keep playing. Aren't you an idiot?
therightdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:31 AM   #91265
lwlee
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 607
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

If the site was rigged, I think there would have been many more allegations by now. GG Poker has surpassed PokerStars as the leading poker website. They are doing the right things like getting brand name poker ambassadors and sponsoring WSOP. Not sure if their level of security is as high as PokerStars, hopefully it is as they have been building a good brand name. They even just appointed Jason Koon as a security ambassador. But now you are saying they are cheating players?
lwlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:35 AM   #91266
lagtight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8,349
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip slawson View Post
I Rest My Case.
The defense rests, too.

I consign my fate to the jury (i.e. twelve people not smart enough to figure out how to get out of jury duty).
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:19 PM   #91267
itsnotrandom
self-banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 72
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by therightdeal View Post
You know it's rigged, but you keep playing. Aren't you an idiot?
I didn't think it was rigged when I made my deposit. Then won a $50K jackpot and can't cash out. What would you suggest I do??

I made the mistake that their are real people who might want to know about this but I forgot about the crooked mods here. Their job is to move posts like mine that prove it is rigged and move them to places that nobody will see them and use fake troll accounts like yours to defend the sites. Its a joke and you aren't a real person. Nobody and I do mean nobody who plays online poker would be upset by someone posting an experience they had that is beyond bizarre and shows how it is rigged. Nobody
itsnotrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:28 PM   #91268
itsnotrandom
self-banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 72
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlee View Post
If the site was rigged, I think there would have been many more allegations by now. GG Poker has surpassed PokerStars as the leading poker website. They are doing the right things like getting brand name poker ambassadors and sponsoring WSOP. Not sure if their level of security is as high as PokerStars, hopefully it is as they have been building a good brand name. They even just appointed Jason Koon as a security ambassador. But now you are saying they are cheating players?
Google GGPoker or go to trustpilot.com and see if there any "allegations". Their aren't many here because the mods delete those comments or move them to the places in the forum where nobody will see them. I am friends with Jason Koon. When I lived in Las Vegas, he was roommates with my best friend so I hung out at their house a lot. Jason was a good dude and a standup guy and he hadn't blown up yet at this point but was still a successful online poker player. I have tried to contact him about my experience and was gonna see if he could help me at least get my funds withdrawn but I fell out of touch with him and don't know how to reach him. I was really surprised to see him sign with GG because I thought he wouldn't promote a site like that.

I don't believe you are a real person because nobody would be defend GGpoker if they had actually made a deposit with their own money and then played on there. So I hate responding to these fake mod accounts but I have no choice. They take money out of my account whenever they want. I win pots and have less money. I keep track of my balance when I log out and when I log in and yesterday $369 was missing between sessions. They cancelled a tournament final day that I qualified for and was supposed to be a million dollar bounty guarantee and never received a refund or anything dispite support telling me they did but there is no record of it and I haven't seen it.

I paid $57K in rake in one week. You don't think that is fraud? They just steal whatever they want and then say it was high rake. It's a scam.
itsnotrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:29 PM   #91269
lwlee
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 607
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Now we see the suspicious mind driving the words. Crooked mods? There have been so many "Online poker is rigged discussions", mods decided to consolidate them into one. Logical and reasonable.
But the OP thinks it's more conspiracy against him. You post logs if you really think you were cheated. I'm sure the guys on the forum will be able to dissect them to figure out if you really were cheated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotrandom View Post
I didn't think it was rigged when I made my deposit. Then won a $50K jackpot and can't cash out. What would you suggest I do??

I made the mistake that their are real people who might want to know about this but I forgot about the crooked mods here. Their job is to move posts like mine that prove it is rigged and move them to places that nobody will see them and use fake troll accounts like yours to defend the sites. Its a joke and you aren't a real person. Nobody and I do mean nobody who plays online poker would be upset by someone posting an experience they had that is beyond bizarre and shows how it is rigged. Nobody
lwlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:55 PM   #91270
itsnotrandom
self-banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 72
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

OP? Have you seen this thread? How would you narrow this down to an OP?


This is about people who think a site is rigged or at least have questions about it. We are on page 3,651 .......... How many other threads have that many pages? I am guessing that not that many.

You can't tell me that my experience was random and just completely normal. I know the algorithm of the card distribution. I know that when you log in and play on the table you are playing against one person from the site who controls the other 5 players who can see all the cards. It's the most obvious thing in the world. All you have to do is sit down at a table and play a couple of orbits. When I sit down, I get dealt crap junk hands all 10 and below and the other 5 all turn over premium hands at every showdown. That's not random and its rigged.
itsnotrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:21 AM   #91271
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,470
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlee View Post
Now we see the suspicious mind driving the words. Crooked mods? There have been so many "Online poker is rigged discussions", mods decided to consolidate them into one. Logical and reasonable.
But the OP thinks it's more conspiracy against him. You post logs if you really think you were cheated. I'm sure the guys on the forum will be able to dissect them to figure out if you really were cheated.
Apparently it goes far, far beyond that.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...ngram-1796682/
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:42 AM   #91272
ment52
veteran
 
ment52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Estonia
Posts: 2,086
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Linus uses a solver, but is terrible? How does that work?
ment52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:50 AM   #91273
itsnotrandom
self-banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 72
Re: Daniel Negreanu's very own containment thread. All things Danny go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Apparently it goes far, far beyond that.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...ngram-1796682/
Nice of you to link evidence to better make my point. Thank you very much, maybe I was wrong about the mods trying to hide the fact these sites are rigged. I mean you link another post I made and it is closed. Why would you close a thread? I didn't say anything outrageous, I didn't use any offensive language, and I simply stated my thoughts. Why would you close it? It is almost like you don't want it talked about? Why is anyone who says the obvious that online poker is rigged, do those comments get moved, deleted, or thread closed??? If these sites aren't rigged then there should be nothing to hide.
itsnotrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:56 AM   #91274
itsnotrandom
self-banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 72
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ment52 View Post
Linus uses a solver, but is terrible? How does that work?
Have you ever used a solver? I have seen some outputs made by solvers but never used one myself. I think it's a scam and it is made by these sites to get people to play the way they want them to play. I honestly don't want to say Linus is a terrible player because I didn't play enough hands with him. He made some plays that I thought were terrible over a small sample. I would have thought he was a fish if I didn't recognize the name.

He called with 7 high on the river for starters. Maybe he does that to throw me off but then when we get the money in twice, he had two outs twice and I lost them both. One of those involved him shoving me all in on the turn with middle pair when I had KK. I don't know why turning his hand into a bluff makes sense unless he can see what cards are coming then it would make perfect sense. I don't know everything but I know when I play high stakes poker and lose two big pots when I'm a 88% favorite when the money goes in and lose both that it is rigged. Name a scenario where you are a 88% favorite twice in a row and lose both and flop trips but lose because my kicker was worse then how is that game not rigged? Maybe he doesn't use a solver because if he can see the cards then he obviously wouldn't need a solver.
itsnotrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 06:33 AM   #91275
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
 
Mike Haven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Self-flagellating re poor modding
Posts: 14,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotrandom View Post
Ok let's play this stupid game again with another fake account. But sure why not.

You want evidence, so I will provide a **** ton of evidence. Before I do that I want to know what you would need to consider it rigged?

I am not going to spend a bunch of time and effort doing this to just have you mock it. I've been there done that and seen it time and time again on this forum. Tell me what you would consider evidence proving it is rigged?

I don't trust your judgement as I have looked at your posts and you told someone who said there were superusers on a site that never being 3-bet with pocket AA was not a concern and didn't mean anything .....
You stated earlier, "I don't know everything but I know when I play high stakes poker and lose two big pots when I'm a 88% favorite when the money goes in and lose both that it is rigged."

Is your evidence in this case that if you are an 88% favourite and lose the first hand, then your next 88% favourite hand should be a 100% win?

Could you go a little further into the maths to explain this, please?

As numerous others asked in the other thread, please also post any sample you wish to prove that any particular poker site is rigged. It won't take you a bunch of time and effort doing this, as you stated you have a **** ton of evidence.

Thank you.
Mike Haven is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive