Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,445 34.94%
No 5,522 56.00%
Undecided 893 9.06%
Voters: 9860. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #8751
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
In after poster boy for idiots anonymous.
unfortunately, he's not too private about being an idiot.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #8752
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,097
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2009/0...tion-ever.html

Baseball is rigged.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #8753
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
You are asking people to think in a way in which they are not capable.

This thread is a fun diversion for some, and a chance for the equivalent of the "world is ending" people to scream their bit.

The reality is that the riggedologists by and large do not matter when it comes to the actual real world and market place. Their voice, while concentrated in this fat thread, fades away.

What that does not mean is that the industry is problem free, in fact while market forces help contain it (at least among the major players), a lot of crime can take place in the form of fraud (by players and the sites), collusion, and other forms of exploits.

People like Josem and spade who actually know what they are talking about and dig their teeth into potential problems do so in a way that is patient , complete, and powerful. That is why changes take place and bad things get proven.

The rigged shouters in this thread are all yap and no work, that will never change so change the way you handle/regard them. Be entertained at their adorable theories, ask for proof, point out holes etc as it amuses you, but never let their agendas matter, because they really do not. Any time genuinely spent on them is wasted time that could be spent on more productive methods of catching evil doings.



Yeah they should. They never will. That is not how they roll.




Same answer applies.
Holy ****! You take this pretty serious...I didn't know this was your life...I feel the same way about dodge ball. One day it's gonna be big...
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #8754
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
I wish....
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #8755
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,097
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Holy ****! You take this pretty serious...I didn't know this was your life...I feel the same way about dodge ball. One day it's gonna be big...

Ironically I played in some dodgeball leagues a few years ago (likely created as a result of the movie that came out). Was fairly entertaining actually.

People can have a chat on issues without it being "their life." Learn to assess things a bit better and try to be less of a drama queen at times.

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:12 AM   #8756
Got Nutz?
veteran
 
Got Nutz?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Running out ur back door!
Posts: 2,792
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

ZZZZZZOOOMMGGG !!! I am Sooooooo glad I found this thread !! I think Comcast is in on it to . You ever notice how the connection always fails when you have premium hands ? Do the Comcast owners have any ties to any of the major 3 sites ?
Got Nutz? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #8757
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Nutz? View Post
ZZZZZZOOOMMGGG !!! I am Sooooooo glad I found this thread !! I think Comcast is in on it to . You ever notice how the connection always fails when you have premium hands ? Do the Comcast owners have any ties to any of the major 3 sites ?
Yes! They're all owned by the same shady elite group..

They go by the corporate name, The Shady Elite Groupe
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #8758
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
Ironically I played in some dodgeball leagues a few years ago (likely created as a result of the movie that came out). Was fairly entertaining actually.

People can have a chat on issues without it being "their life." Learn to assess things a bit better and try to be less of a drama queen at times.

All the best.
LoL, not surprising, but I think your a liar, your too much of a _____ to actually have a hobby. This is your life. You downplaying the situation and calling me a drama queen makes you look more pathetic...Everyday your here, putting in way too much effort...You are the drama queen, do i need to requote your last post again? Get a life or a hobby, then maybe one day somebody might actually like you(outside of the the "net").
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #8759
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

So you've just resorted to purely personal attacks now tk?
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #8760
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,097
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
LoL, not surprising, but I think your a liar, your too much of a _____ to actually have a hobby. This is your life. You downplaying the situation and calling me a drama queen makes you look more pathetic...Everyday your here, putting in way too much effort...You are the drama queen, do i need to requote your last post again? Get a life or a hobby, then maybe one day somebody might actually like you(outside of the the "net").
You are a drama queen. Look at that last post for instance. Nearly all of yours feel like they are written by a man/woman/other hitting the keyboard really hard to make the point.

Seriously, it seems like you are almost ready to burst into tears when you say

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Everyday your here, putting in way too much effort...You are the drama queen
I'll look into the hobby thing. You seem to have one. Obsessing about me. Congrats.

Have a tissue.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #8761
Got Nutz?
veteran
 
Got Nutz?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Running out ur back door!
Posts: 2,792
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGambler View Post
Yes! They're all owned by the same shady elite group..

They go by the corporate name, The Shady Elite Groupe
Shady Elite Group hu ? The SEG is out in force today !!! Those bastards give me 2 unreel beets then disconnect me when I had AKs ! Ace King Suited I tell you . *** comcast and FTP they are all a bunch of rip offs !!! Stay clear !!!! Buyer Beware !!!!
Got Nutz? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #8762
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,097
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Nutz? View Post
Shady Elite Group hu ? The SEG is out in force today !!! Those bastards give me 2 unreel beets then disconnect me when I had AKs ! Ace King Suited I tell you . *** comcast and FTP they are all a bunch of rip offs !!! Stay clear !!!! Buyer Beware !!!!
Just want to point out that

Shady Elite Groupe is worth a total of 26 points with scrabble letters.


Know what else is?


Lizard People
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #8763
Got Nutz?
veteran
 
Got Nutz?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Running out ur back door!
Posts: 2,792
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Lets get an investigation going .
Lets compare hands played on AT&T vs Comcast and the SEG . I guarantee more disconnects with great cards on Comcast . Or I will play 59s and flop 2 pair only to be dissconected and an over pair goes all in . I can see it but I cant call . fu SEG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got Nutz? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #8764
RonMexico
Pooh-Bah
 
RonMexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,323
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Just dropping by at post #8770 in this thread to see if the Illuminati have been cited as a possible source for riggedom yet. Kthx bai.
RonMexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #8765
DonkoTheClown
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 741
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

It is amazing to hear how many brick and mortar players are convinced that online poker is rigged to some degree. I was at a final table last night with some pretty good players and all but one of them thought this...

I busted in 5th to a bad beat and told the dealer that I thought he was rigged...LOL!
DonkoTheClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #8766
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkoTheClown View Post
It is amazing to hear how many brick and mortar players are convinced that online poker is rigged to some degree. I was at a final table last night with some pretty good players and all but one of them thought this...

I busted in 5th to a bad beat and told the dealer that I thought he was rigged...LOL!
Many people who are bad at something find it difficult to accept that their failures may have been caused by their own inadequacies.

Many brick and mortar poker players are bad at poker.

Many brick and mortar poker players claim online poker is rigged because they don't want to accept the fact that they are bad at poker.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #8767
solucky
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,480
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Noone proofed its rigged, but none site will rigg the games in a way that are easy to detect. I have no doubt that they increase there profit with " manipulated hands ", exspecially the sites that draw the complete game in front of the game. Many of the games are rakeoptimized up to NL 100.

But its still beatable...unfortunately not legal here ...and soon banned.
solucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #8768
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,957
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by solucky View Post
Noone proofed its rigged, but none site will rigg the games in a way that are easy to detect. I have no doubt that they increase there profit with " manipulated hands ", exspecially the sites that draw the complete game in front of the game. Many of the games are rakeoptimized up to NL 100.
What 'hard way to detect' do you think they use to rig the games? We have some smart people here who would like to check your idea.

I also think you're the first person in this thread to suggest that the sites generate anti-action boards to minimise betting action.
Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #8769
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josem View Post
I also think you're the first person in this thread to suggest that the sites generate anti-action boards to minimise betting action.
Nope. Several people have pointed out before (I think you are one) that this would make much more sense than "action flops" if the goal was to maximize rake. I'm not sure that's what this poster was saying, but if so, it's a nugget of intelligence in an otherwise ******ed post. The old "action flops" theory is the most ignorant rigged theory out there, because not only would it be counterproductive to rake, it also would be easy to detect since all board cards are known to all players.

Last edited by spadebidder; 10-02-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: hint: max rake is if all players always break even before rake
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #8770
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,097
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

I've said a few times that non action hands where hands are dealt that likely have in theory one person raiseing then the BB calling and post flop it goes check bet fold would make a lot more sense than the more conventional rigged theories (action flops, bad players hitting more hands etc).

One of my pet peeves on most rigged theories, they tend to pick ones that would be the most obvious (AA vs KK nonsense) or ones that would actually generate less income (action flops making hands take 3 times longer which at many stakes will not increase rake once a flop is seen)

Some of the more recent ones avoid a lot of that by going" boogie man" with things like superbots which are more mystical in nature, but at least those are not as flawed in such a basic way as many of the earlier rigged theories (in terms of whether it would actually make the site extra money). Superbots are silly, but in theory they would make the site more money if they existed.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #8771
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
or ones that would actually generate less income (action flops making hands take 3 times longer which at many stakes will not increase rake once a flop is seen)
Not only that, they will cause players to lose their money quicker and some will not redeposit, and the winner of their money got most of it rather than the site getting most of it (during that time span).
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #8772
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

In before the rigtards now start noticing just how many NON-action hands they are getting.
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #8773
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,394
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by solucky View Post
...unfortunately not legal here ...and soon banned.
What country is that?
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #8774
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

A lot of people who think online poker is really rigged (imo) do not play tons of poker (thousands and even tens of thousands of hands every week). I play live, about 4 hours per day on average (4 or 5 days a week). That's not very much. But when I used to play online, I played many more hours than that.
While I was watching the WSOP last night (saved on my PC), I thought, gee, I've played in tournaments with as big of a field as that. The only thing was it only took me 8 or 9 hours to play.. not 4 days! Imagine the bad beats and tough hands these people have seen over the 4 days.. and then compress that into just 8 or 9 hours. That's a huge time difference!
And that's what I don't think people who think online poker is rigged realize. I know it's been mentioned already (many times), but maybe if these people just played more, they would see their losing streaks even out. And maybe they might actually have a few good runs, too. That's if they're not donks with their chips (which I think most are).

Just another 2 cents in the bucket
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:26 AM   #8775
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
re: The great "Poker is rigged" debate - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
Some of the more recent ones avoid a lot of that by going" boogie man" with things like superbots which are more mystical in nature, but at least those are not as flawed in such a basic way as many of the earlier rigged theories (in terms of whether it would actually make the site extra money). Superbots are silly, but in theory they would make the site more money if they existed.
Superbots would be easily detectable. You simply examine hand histories for the site under suspicion and check for:

a) Idents with absurdly high win rates.
b) An imbalance between players who only ever play a small number of hands who are overall winners and those who are losers.

It all comes straight back down to the 'E' word.

There's nothing 'mystic' about superbots and they would be very easy to detect.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive