Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,445 34.94%
No 5,522 56.00%
Undecided 893 9.06%
Voters: 9860. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 12:47 AM   #801
BiggieFats
adept
 
BiggieFats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 908
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cry Me A River View Post
You know what really started all that:
Warrior is about to die!
BiggieFats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:06 AM   #802
bugzy
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 34
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

[QUOTE=Monteroy;8652360]Take a lot of your time to prove your theories and then write a manifesto based on them with more data then "lookat this hand."



Hint, they would not rig $1 rebuy tourneys where they make not a single cent on the rebuys anyway.

Quote.
You may ask why would they do this? Simple, if 300 people buy into a rebuy satelite thats $300, thats only one buy in to the sunday millions with a fee of $15 for every $215 buy in, so the more action the satelites generate the more rebuys, at the end of the rebuy period ther will be more like $1500 thats 6 or 7 tickets into the sunday millions with 6 or 7 buy in fees of $15 totalling $100, so for every $1 turbo satelite to the sunday millions, pokerstars has found a way to generate a larger cash intake, by creating more action.

Try using your eyes next time you comment on a post.They rig most of the games, you havnt got the capacity or insight to understand this, turbos and rebuys more than others for obvious reasons, however they arent going to discriminate between a $10 rebuy and $1 rebuy they will all work on the same action induced programme.
bugzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:09 AM   #803
bugzy
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 34
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Yanks are too dumb to play poker, its for your own protection.
bugzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:11 AM   #804
bugzy
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 34
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

You should also stop playing American football. There is only one kind of football. What you refer to as American football is not a very good game. The 2.15% of you who are aware that there is a world outside your borders may have noticed that no one else plays American football. You will no longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play proper football. Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies). You should stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the 'World Series' for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.15% of you are aware that there is a world beyond your borders,your error is understandable. Instead of baseball, you will be allowed to play a girls' game called rounders, which is baseball without fancy team strip, oversized gloves, collector cards or hotdogs.

Have a nice day.
bugzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:14 AM   #805
BiggieFats
adept
 
BiggieFats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 908
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Right. We want to play a game where the clock goes up instead of down and you have to add time at the end instead of stopping time when necessary.
BiggieFats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #806
bugzy
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 34
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

P.S.
Please tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us crazy.
bugzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #807
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Try using your eyes next time you comment on a post.They rig most of the games, you havnt got the capacity or insight to understand this, turbos and rebuys more than others for obvious reasons, however they arent going to discriminate between a $10 rebuy and $1 rebuy they will all work on the same action induced programme.
Your idea here is still stupid. Why would they rig a $1 rebuy where they make a whopping $15 per 215 entries/rebuys when they could just have more raked satellites that make them money on the satellite and the main tourney? So far your "evidence" consists of the showdown from one hand of a hyper-turbo, even though you say the evidence is easy to find. Just like every other rigtard. I look forward to your reply along the lines of "If your(sic) not smart enough to find the evidence, maybe you should kick yourself in the head" or some other stupid crap.
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:36 AM   #808
ilintar
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Okay, I'm not rewriting my posts from the previous "rigged" thread, but anyone willing to claim that online poker is rigged, read this:

One
Two
Three

Okay, now that you've read why rigging an RNG is nigh impossible to do, let's go with the final argument of why it isn't done:

Obviously, it would be possible to rig single cases of RNG results. Those would not be statistically significant at all. Rigging one hand would surely go undetected. However, there does not seem to be a way for a poker site to gain any significant revenue from that. The idea is that instead, they rig the RNG so that "action hands" appear more often.

Now, let's assume for a moment that rigging a small amount of hands is possible to do undetected. They cannot rig a large sample since it would be provable with datamining, so they opt to rig a small sample instead.

The question is, will they be willing to do that? Let's forego all moral reasons, the fear of exposure when eg. some former employee spills such info. Let's just take into account the economical reasons.

The answer is, they won't do it because it simply is not profitable. The problem is, if you want to generate added revenue based on the "action hands", the sample has to be statistically significant. To rig a statistically significant sample even slightly, you require huge computational power, for the reasons described in my abovementioned 3 posts. This computational power would be at least 100 times more than the power needed to run the poker site itself. Imagine: for every server dedicated to running the site, 100 servers dedicated to rigging the resullts. Also, the algorithms required to do such corrections on the fly would make Google search algorithms pale in comparison.

So, dear rigged theorists, the answer to your questions is simple. The pokersites don't rig the RNG not necessarily because they're so moral or because they fear detection. They don't do it because, even if they wanted to do it, it simply costs too much.
ilintar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:49 AM   #809
ilintar
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 112
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Also, what find funny in those 'rigged' posts is that their authors seem to be unaware that statistical analysis is able to detect riggings that the human mind would never, ever detect.

Let's assume "action hand" theory for a while. PokerStove tells me that AA, KK, QQ and AK (suited or otherwise) make up for 2.6% of all poker hands. In other words, 2.6% of all dealt hands is going to be those hands.

Now, let's say we have a one million hand sample of Joe Shmoo. Joe Shmoo has found out that in his hand sample, the premium hands come out 2.7% of the time. Now, this is not really detectable by his brain because basically, it means that in 1000 hands, an AA/KK/QQ/AK will on average appear 27 and not 26 times. However, in a sample this big, this is almost certain proof of a skewed RNG.

So, if statistical analysis can prove things that a mere human's observation cannot, how is it possible it cannot prove things that the human eye sees "at first glance" and can even decribe as mathematically expressible patterns?
ilintar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:39 AM   #810
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,957
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
They rig most of the games, you havnt got the capacity or insight to understand this, turbos and rebuys more than others for obvious reasons, however they arent going to discriminate between a $10 rebuy and $1 rebuy they will all work on the same action induced programme.
Am I right in understanding that you are claiming that PokerStars rigs the games by dealing you hole cards that are different to what you think you should get?

If so, you can email support@pokerstars.com and ask for a report of all the hole cards that you've been dealt in the last few weeks and they'll email you a simple HTML file that highlights any anomalies for you.

That would be a good first step towards investigating this claim of yours.
Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #811
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,099
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
You may ask why would they do this? Simple, if 300 people buy into a rebuy satelite thats $300, thats only one buy in to the sunday millions with a fee of $15 for every $215 buy in, so the more action the satelites generate the more rebuys, at the end of the rebuy period ther will be more like $1500 thats 6 or 7 tickets into the sunday millions with 6 or 7 buy in fees of $15 totalling $100, so for every $1 turbo satelite to the sunday millions, pokerstars has found a way to generate a larger cash intake, by creating more action.

Try using your eyes next time you comment on a post.They rig most of the games, you havnt got the capacity or insight to understand this, turbos and rebuys more than others for obvious reasons, however they arent going to discriminate between a $10 rebuy and $1 rebuy they will all work on the same action induced programme.
See, this is exactly the type of thing you should write on a little sticky and put on a wall. That will help give purpose to your life in your mind.

Also remember that every good paranoid based delusion is composed of various unrelated "factoids" combined in a way that only makes sense to the person conceiving it (ie: they SEE the TRUTH). You seem well on the way to developing these skills in your mind.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #812
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Don't miss these classics:
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythe
How come the big stacks are getting so many hands people? This alone shows The flops arent random. How come noone tracks this .

Profit per hour. Speed. And greed, wake up?

Jesus Christ died for all.
why was that thread locked up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythe View Post
For newbies and people who havent learned.OR shill for sites.

Short stacks are given far less a percentage of hands.This is well known. And theres reason. Its fact.

Sure you can win with one. But the odds you beign sucked dry are far greater.

Watch how the program counts backward. Or deals bad beat at a greater degree.

Or maybe goto a smaller site and then sites. Keep tabs. Then watch no matter people at table 4-5 -8 doesnt matter.Watch how you suck peopel out like a magnet with big stack ratio. Follow if for like 2-5 years. Play couple million hands first
I put out you.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #813
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

hes. my. favorite.

Last edited by batair; 02-09-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: him or that igotskills
batair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #814
Happypoker
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
they would not rig
I’m not saying the cards are rigged. However, I don’t buy the argument above just on faith. Faith on what there is no rigging in online poker?

Its obvious to me that we live in a world of cheats when it comes to $$$ & greed. Cheating is what people do when they can get away with it. I believe in that more than I believe “there is no rigging in online poker”
Happypoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #815
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypoker View Post
I’m not saying the cards are rigged. However, I don’t buy the argument above just on faith. Faith on what there is no rigging in online poker?
If only someone, or perhaps multiple people, had pointed out why rigging cards is basically impossible...
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #816
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypoker View Post
Cheating is what people do when they can get away with it. I believe in that more than I believe “there is no rigging in online poker”
Your opinion is noted. Thanks for stopping by.

What's your favorite dinosaur?
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #817
ffantomm24
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

Check out ffantomm24 on FTP. 1 month of solid play, reaching 100 buy ins on my bankrol, and the moment i hit it, it becomes a week of utter bull****.

Loosing 2/4 70% vs 30% and 1 / 4 getting splited.

People sucking out with 2 outs about 50% of the time bla bla bla bla bla.

I know "its poker", i know there supposed to be downstreaks and bla bla bla bla bla, just it is suspicious that it began EXACTLY when i made 2k profit, and never stops, untill i dtop below it.
ffantomm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:56 AM   #818
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

You didn't know the Full Tilt 100 buy-in curse?

The way you get around it is play higher stakes, then when you get to 99 buy-ins go move up again - that way you never reach 100 and thus never get doomswitched.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #819
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffantomm24 View Post
Check out ffantomm24 on FTP. 1 month of solid play, reaching 100 buy ins on my bankrol, and the moment i hit it, it becomes a week of utter bull****.

Loosing 2/4 70% vs 30% and 1 / 4 getting splited.

People sucking out with 2 outs about 50% of the time bla bla bla bla bla.

I know "its poker", i know there supposed to be downstreaks and bla bla bla bla bla, just it is suspicious that it began EXACTLY when i made 2k profit, and never stops, untill i dtop below it.
You do realise that if you knew enough about statistics and probability to understand why there is nothing unusual about your case you would probably know enough be able to make from you hands than you do currently?
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:11 AM   #820
FiTnessFoxx
banned
 
FiTnessFoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweden, Stockholm
Posts: 62
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

It's poker.
FiTnessFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #821
wapgum
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 344
Re: Stay away from B2B

b2b is sick had three of a kind jacks twice in 72 hands both lost to river river 4 of a kind
wapgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #822
ubeticall
veteran
 
ubeticall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,190
Re: Stay away from B2B

RIGGED!
ubeticall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:15 PM   #823
metalme
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Other side your screen
Posts: 251
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
I found it on 2 Yahoo Message Boards, both w/o any documentation.
??

Its like a scam but with a point I can't grasp...? I can sound smart, but I like to tell lies? Are they trying to be funny?
metalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:28 PM   #824
Potabuser
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 445
Re: Stay away from B2B

B2B must die...
Greedy euro rake bastards....die...
Potabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #825
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanscott View Post
I believe it is rigged.......

"A major university recently completed a study of the on-line poker site FullTiltPoker.Net, the “free” side of Full Tilt Poker."
You believe that because you believe the urban myth that such a study occurred. It did not, this story was created out of thin air by an anonymous message board poster on Yahoo. The writer made such gross errors in his statistics and math that it is very obviously a hoax, and not even a good one.

Last edited by spadebidder; 02-11-2009 at 11:39 PM.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive