Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,447 34.94%
No 5,523 55.99%
Undecided 895 9.07%
Voters: 9865. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #7726
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
Well not me personally. Each person is targeted though.. It's called a program.
So why is it that some people seem to never be targeted by these evil sites? GOLDENACCOUNTS?
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:29 AM   #7727
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

LOL R4R, you're a strong contender for the delusional poster of the year award
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:31 AM   #7728
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

And yet despite Josem's continued effort to provide real data on the issue and refute the rigtard views that are based on..... imaginary data.... it will still go in one ear and out the other
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #7729
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

NFuego, what is your purpose here? You sound alot like Markusgc, any relation there?

Quote:
I think that the endorsement by the UK Minister on the issue is very strong evidence of their credibility.
I have seen no evidence of their consistent regulation. They have provided no such thing. Therefore, how can I believe they are credible? The UK Minister is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally posted by DMOOGLE
That governments and other regulatory establishments are useless? Is that your point?
Obviously not, my man. It's very hard to make a point on this forum as you have to thoroughly explain things before people like you can understand them.
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:48 AM   #7730
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by otatop View Post
So why is it that some people seem to never be targeted by these evil sites? GOLDENACCOUNTS?
You're thinking very broad, thats the problem with people now.. I look at what's in front of me.
When it comes down to it - it doesn't matter how much Dwan or Robl made from online poker, that does not prove to me that it is legit.
The reality is that you are trusting something you have no clue about. It may be rigged, it may not be rigged - there is no way to be sure. If you make money from online poker, then obviously i'd reccommend you keep playing until you start seeing your luck running out. I personally had a very bad experience with online poker as poker tracker confirmed (as well as my results). From comparing my results with others who were in the same situation and seeing common patterns that a 5 year old child could recognize I used my common sense and concluded something was not right. Maybe your experience is different than mine - if that is true, I wish you the best.
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:52 AM   #7731
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,960
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I have seen no evidence of their consistent regulation. They have provided no such thing. Therefore, how can I believe they are credible? The UK Minister is irrelevant.
You're surely not refusing to believe something because there is a lack of evidence to support your false belief, are you?
Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:55 AM   #7732
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
You're thinking very broad, thats the problem with people now.. I look at what's in front of me.
When it comes down to it - it doesn't matter how much Dwan or Robl made from online poker, that does not prove to me that it is legit.
So people winning on multiple sites as well as live isn't proof of anything? If the sites have "programs" that choose when to doomswitch people, then how could people have similar results on different sites? I fail to see how this is thinking too broadly about it.
Quote:
If you make money from online poker, then obviously i'd reccommend you keep playing until you start seeing your luck running out. I personally had a very bad experience with online poker as poker tracker confirmed (as well as my results).
About when did this happen? Couldn't have been a couple years ago when the games got harder, could it?
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:54 AM   #7733
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I have seen no evidence of their consistent regulation. They have provided no such thing. Therefore, how can I believe they are credible? The UK Minister is irrelevant.
Well, you should know about being an irrelevance.

Quote:
It's very hard to make a point on this forum as you have to thoroughly explain things before people like you can understand them.
Yes.

When you habitually talk nonsense people do find it hard to understand.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:02 AM   #7734
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,960
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I have seen no evidence of their consistent regulation. They have provided no such thing. Therefore, how can I believe they are credible? The UK Minister is irrelevant.
I just wanted to highlight the awesomeness of this comment.

You refuse to believe that the regulation is credible because of a lack of evidence, yet you are happy to believe that online poker is rigged, despite a lack of evidence.
Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:21 AM   #7735
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by toltec444 View Post
You still didnt get it, the bot I´m talking about is owned and controlled by the poker room itself, its not a regular bot.
It's a superbot eh? If a site wanted to cheat you they wouldn't need a bot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burden2 View Post
No your wrong
No you're wrong DUCY
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 AM   #7736
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
NFuego, what is your purpose here? You sound alot like Markusgc, any relation there?
My purpose in this particular thread is to drive a truck through the gaping hole formed when morons like you provide an argument.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:40 AM   #7737
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
NFuego, what is your purpose here? You sound alot like Markusgc, any relation there?
Rounding4Rent, you sound a lot like the idiot boy shill Speven Mears.

Any relationship there?
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #7738
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Rounding4Rent, you sound a lot like the idiot boy shill Speven Mears.

Any relationship there?
He has previously admitted they are one and the same person, and some mod confirmed it too. It should be obvious when you compare reasoning ability.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:15 AM   #7739
SwedishMedusa
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 390
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arouet View Post
Otatop, you just don't get it. He was trying to play bad. It's the only way to take advantage of the rigged RNG. LDO
He should make a business out of it and teach others how to exploit the rig, like this guy:

http://maxstakespoker.com/
SwedishMedusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:16 AM   #7740
Mike B
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 'murica
Posts: 310
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I can't believe this thread is 517 pages long.
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:39 AM   #7741
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
I can't believe this thread is 517 pages long.
Only 78 if you switch to 100 posts/page.
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:07 AM   #7742
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by otatop View Post
Only 78 if you switch to 100 posts/page.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #7743
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMedusa View Post
He should make a business out of it and teach others how to exploit the rig, like this guy:

http://maxstakespoker.com/
That is hilarious! I was going to quote my favourite line, but then I realised the entire thing is gold! I think we should all chipin and get a copy for R4R!
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #7744
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
I can't believe this thread is 517 pages long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otatop View Post
Only 78 if you switch to 100 posts/page.
I prefer 156 pages myself
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #7745
KingKircho
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

zomg its really rigged

KingKircho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #7746
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMedusa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arouet View Post
That is hilarious! I was going to quote my favourite line, but then I realised the entire thing is gold! I think we should all chipin and get a copy for R4R!
Four years ago the same guy (Robert Eagle) was selling "Party Poker Cracked". Now it's "Poker Stars Cracked". Same scam, same book, just edit the site name. Same guy has been selling ebooks and other junk on ebay for years. He also sells both books in a self-published paperback edition.

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperbac...cracked/179757

PS - the ebooks are all over as torrents too, if anyone wants to post some excerpts here for laughs.

Last edited by spadebidder; 08-14-2009 at 12:31 PM.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #7747
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadebidder View Post
Four years ago the same guy (Robert Eagle) was selling "Party Poker Cracked". Now it's "Poker Stars Cracked". Same scam, same book, just edit the site name. Same guy has been selling ebooks and other junk on ebay for years. He also sells both books in a self-published paperback edition.

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperbac...cracked/179757

Description:


Quote:
Beyond and including charts, graphs, and strategies, Party Poker "CRAKED" reveals how to take advantage of online poker shuffling algorithms. This 100% legal system is your ticket to winning succesfully online. The strategies work on 16 other major online poker casinos.
And this version is only $47.50 instead of $67 for the Pokerstars one. That's like a savings of 85%! Gosh, that money will be made back in like a day and half of grinding once we've cracked the algorithm!
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #7748
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
Mark you can't promise ****. If the game is rigged then his results will not improve - if the game is not rigged his results will improve. WHICH IS IT?

Obv I know your opinion. But you people need to stop dancing around here acting like you can guarantee online poker is not rigged - PROVE IT.
So if Donko reads and participates in the appropriate 2+2 Forums and gets better results then the debate is over, right? I mean, by your logic that PROVES IT.

Do I smell a prop bet, Stevie-Boy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
Another reason you probably don't believe online poker has the possibility to be rigged is because you don't understand simple business concepts/models.
Of course I believe the possibility exists. But this quote of yours is in response to me saying it wouldn't make sense to rig a game for extra profit in a $.25 NO RAKE MTT (which had just been discussed by some of the more reasonable people participating here). So perhaps it's you who is having trouble with this simple business concept - you can't make more profit on a product you're giving away for free.

Or are you saying they rig the Rake-Free MTT's to allow "the fish" to win in order to pad their bankrolls and then play higher stakes and lose to the better players, eventually, but a little slower than they should?

(God, that whole concept of rigging games "so fish don't go broke as quickly" bothers the hell out of me. How does one determine the correct rate poor players are supposed to lose all their money?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkoTheClown View Post
I do know that there is a big difference between brick and mortar and online though.
what is this big difference? the level in play? yes, the live players are, for the most part, much worse. that's true. lookit Stevie-Boy Meares, he claimed to be able to profit by playing live at an unbelievably high rate.* the only way that could be done is by playing exceptionally bad opponents.

*
Spoiler:
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #7749
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I didn't even look at any other hands except for what I got knocked out of the tournaments with, numb nuts.
standard. he doesn't look at the other hands, just the last one. really a quite telling admission.
Quote:
And I didn't intend to prove online poker is rigged by posting 10 HH im simply showing why I do not win on OP as these type of things consistently happen to me.
why would anyone pick on poor lil' Stevie?
Quote:
Im not a bad player whatsoever.
ORLY?


Quote:
Also - this is all in one day.
all in ONE day huh? wowzers, mad volume, yo.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #7750
Bernie Madoff
stranger
 
Bernie Madoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Federal Prison
Posts: 13
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
Bernie Madoff's auditers also claimed to be doing their jobs.. Catch my drift?
You're bad at poker and my auditors make you lose money and use expressions from the 1950's?
Bernie Madoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive