Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,445 34.94%
No 5,522 56.01%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9859. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #676
Cry Me A River
Orange is the new Green
 
Cry Me A River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 23,790
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
I give up.

2 last questions.

Do you guys think its possible that some poker sites are manipulating the play in some way?
Anything's possible. It's also possible that Obama is secretly a Lectroid from the 8th dimension.

So why aren't you warning everyone about the imminent invasion of lizard people from Planet 10? That seems to be a much greater concern than online poker!

I mean, if I was going to blindly believe any and all conspiracy theories without any sort of proof or evidence, I'd pick the most exciting and dangerous to be the most concerned about...
Cry Me A River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #677
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cry Me A River View Post
I mean, if I was going to blindly believe any and all conspiracy theories without any sort of proof or evidence, I'd pick the most exciting and dangerous to be the most concerned about...
drama queen.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #678
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,392
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
I give up.

2 last questions.

Do you guys think its possible that some poker sites are manipulating the play in some way?

Yes or No

Why would someone want to eat an ice cream sandwich? surely a ice cream cone or apple pie with ice cream would be favourable to bread andice cream,no?
Of course it's possible. You'll find very few people who think it isn't.

I agree, cone or apple pie & ice cream >>>> ice cream sammiches.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #679
Cry Me A River
Orange is the new Green
 
Cry Me A River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 23,790
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
drama queen.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ARpZqh9e8
Cry Me A River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #680
YouSureSir
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,069
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

This poker is rigged topics are ******ed. They make absolutely no sense. Sure from a newbie's perspective they hit a bad run and think that there has to be something wrong.

1) Why would a poker site rig the software when they get zero benefit from who wins and who loses
2) Do you really think they would get away with it? Some of us play millions of hands, all of which are recorded in software which evaluate the EV. I guarantee after millions the luck always evens out. I have had 50 BI under EV for 60k hands, I don't think it is rigged, it is just a awful streak.

Poker can get emotional for some people, and people want someone to blame. But if you remove your emotion and think logically, these "poker is rigged" threads are absurd and is why you are going to get bashed.

On a side note you talk about people scamming or whatever. There really isn't many methods people can take advantage. Sure UB had a problem with there software, but if people had a method to see your whole cards they would be using it at at least 3/6+ and I guarantee you that anyone that talks about poker being rigged plays below 3/6. No one is going to sit there cheating with a group of people "if cheating is possible" at a 100nl or 200nl game when they could be doing it at a 1000nl or 10knl game.
YouSureSir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #681
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouSureSir View Post
This poker is rigged topics are ******ed. They make absolutely no sense. Sure from a newbie's perspective they hit a bad run and think that there has to be something wrong.
1) Why would a poker site rig the software when they get zero benefit from who wins and who loses
2) Do you really think they would get away with it? Some of us play millions of hands, all of which are recorded in software which evaluate the EV. I guarantee after millions the luck always evens out. I have had 50 BI under EV for 60k hands, I don't think it is rigged, it is just a awful streak.

Poker can get emotional for some people, and people want someone to blame. But if you remove your emotion and think logically, these "poker is rigged" threads are absurd and is why you are going to get bashed.

On a side note you talk about people scamming or whatever. There really isn't many methods people can take advantage. Sure UB had a problem with there software, but if people had a method to see your whole cards they would be using it at at least 3/6+ and I guarantee you that anyone that talks about poker being rigged plays below 3/6. No one is going to sit there cheating with a group of people "if cheating is possible" at a 100nl or 200nl game when they could be doing it at a 1000nl or 10knl game.
Practically everything in this post is way off the mark.

Quote:
This poker is rigged topics are ******ed. They make absolutely no sense. Sure from a newbie's perspective they hit a bad run and think that there has to be something wrong.
How are they ******ed?
Newbies are not the ones posting rigged threads, rather long time online players who have seen enough to convince them that online poker is rigged.

Quote:
Why would a poker site rig the software when they get zero benefit from who wins and who loses
So far wrong here lol. Keep the bad players winning occasionally and they ll get addicted and keep depositing $$ to the pokersite. Keep the good players winning less than they should and stop them withdrawing $$ from the pokersite. There isnt 200000 separate money accounts at a pokersite, only 1 the pokersites. Players just get give a number in exchange for their deposit and come cashout time they withdraw from the pokersite s profit.

Quote:
Do you really think they would get away with it? Some of us play millions of hands, all of which are recorded in software which evaluate the EV. I guarantee after millions the luck always evens out. I have had 50 BI under EV for 60k hands, I don't think it is rigged, it is just a awful streak.
Yes they quite easily get away with it, they only have to throw in a few action hands/flops/suckouts every once in a while so your stats/tracker wont really show it.

Quote:
On a side note you talk about people scamming or whatever. There really isn't many methods people can take advantage. Sure UB had a problem with there software, but if people had a method to see your whole cards they would be using it at at least 3/6+ and I guarantee you that anyone that talks about poker being rigged plays below 3/6. No one is going to sit there cheating with a group of people "if cheating is possible" at a 100nl or 200nl game when they could be doing it at a 1000nl or 10knl game
If you were smart you would play relatively low if you were a cheater to avoid detection. Cheaters are far more likely to be detected at 3/6+ then 50NL-200NL. If I could see hole cards I would play relatively low and keep my bb/100 quite low.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #682
AaronT
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 459
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
So far wrong here lol. Keep the bad players winning occasionally and they ll get addicted and keep depositing $$ to the pokersite. Keep the good players winning less than they should and stop them withdrawing $$ from the pokersite. There isnt 200000 separate money accounts at a pokersite, only 1 the pokersites. Players just get give a number in exchange for their deposit and come cashout time they withdraw from the pokersite s profit.
This is the second time I've seen this moronic accounting scheme assertion from a rigged theorist in the past week. I'm sorry, but that accounting system is fradulent.

Unless the site is run as a pirimid scheme it cannot book revenue at time of deposit and book losses at time of withdraw. The accounts that you deny exist are actually liabilities for the company.

The correct accounting system is to book revenue at time of rake. Deposits and withdraws do not effect revenue on the books.

(Small exceptions: the act of depositing and withdrawing have transactions costs normally borne by the site; current deposits are no doubt interest bearing and the interest can be booked as revenue.)

The idea that the site books revenue on deposits and costs for withdraws is the type of accounting system that should rightly get a person imprisoned.

So, you the (obviously) non-accountant need to stop asserting things you know nothing about.

Now... having said all of that I don't disagree that keeping fish playing for longer than natural would result in additional rake which IS bookable as revenue.
AaronT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #683
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronT View Post
This is the second time I've seen this moronic accounting scheme assertion from a rigged theorist in the past week. I'm sorry, but that accounting system is fradulent.

Unless the site is run as a pirimid scheme it cannot book revenue at time of deposit and book losses at time of withdraw. The accounts that you deny exist are actually liabilities for the company.

The correct accounting system is to book revenue at time of rake. Deposits and withdraws do not effect revenue on the books.

(Small exceptions: the act of depositing and withdrawing have transactions costs normally borne by the site; current deposits are no doubt interest bearing and the interest can be booked as revenue.)

The idea that the site books revenue on deposits and costs for withdraws is the type of accounting system that should rightly get a person imprisoned.

So, you the (obviously) non-accountant need to stop asserting things you know nothing about.

Now... having said all of that I don't disagree that keeping fish playing for longer than natural would result in additional rake which IS bookable as revenue.
prove it
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #684
AaronT
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 459
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
prove it
Prove what?
AaronT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #685
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
prove it
The big sites have published information saying they don't mix player deposits with operating cash. As Aaron said, that would probably be illegal under accounting laws in any jurisdiction.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #686
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Sooper,

What are you still doing here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Yes but they were organised and cared enough to go about getting evidence. I do not.
For a guy with no time or interest in gathering proof that it's rigged, you sure have a lot of both invested in arguing about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Because the people still on the fence must be protected from the fact that Online Poker may not be legitimate.
1) Who are you? A superhero?
2) People need to be protected from the "fact" that it may not be legitimate? Do you know what the word "fact" means? Here's a quick little trick that will help you - if it's preceded by a word like "may" IT'S NOT A FACT!

Example: The NY Mets won the 1986 World Series = Fact.
The Boston Red Sox may have won the 1986 World Series = Possibility.

Hope that helps!
Quote:
Online Poker is rigged in my OPINION and I simply dont care enough to go and investigate or gather evidence. Im simply stating that I believe that some of the sites could be rigged due to what Ive seen with my own eyes. I could of course be wrong and I wish I was, but sadly I dont think this is the case.
Your opinion is noted. Thank you for your submission. Many, including me, have already acknowledged it could be rigged.

However, speaking for myself, I haven't seen anything to indicate I haven't been getting a fair deal. I could also be wrong. If someone provides a good reason (aka proof) to rethink my position I'd be willing to consider it. Until then, people who "have a feeling" really just sounds like sore losers to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooperwhatever
I give up.
liar.
Quote:
2 last questions.

Do you guys think its possible that some poker sites are manipulating the play in some way?

Yes or No
liar.

But YES I think it's possible. Who said it wasn't possible?
Quote:
Why would someone want to eat an ice cream sandwich? surely a ice cream cone or apple pie with ice cream would be favourable to bread andice cream,no?
Ice cream sandwiches aren't on bread, they're on cookies. Personally though, all your suggestions sound delicious. I couldn't limit myself to just one. I like variety.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #687
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
1) Who are you? A superhero?
Well sort of. Im Batmans sidekick Robin though Im getting a little annoyed with him cause he makes me do all sorts of meanial tasks,groceries,walking his dog, wash batmobile etc.

Quote:
Ice cream sandwiches aren't on bread, they're on cookies. Personally though, all your suggestions sound delicious. I couldn't limit myself to just one. I like variety.
Same here although hot apple pie and strawberry ice cream is particularly nice.

Quote:
What are you still doing here?
I dont know Mark, I really dont know.

Quote:
liar.
Yes I lied.

Quote:
liar.
Oops, did it again.

I felt compelled to reply to Yousuresir s moronic post.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #688
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Well sort of. Im Batmans sidekick Robin though Im getting a little annoyed with him cause he makes me do all sorts of meanial tasks,groceries,walking his dog, wash batmobile etc.
see, it sounds like a good job 'til you actually do it. still, you pick up some hotties on your way to the carwash once in a while, don't ya?
Quote:
Same here although hot apple pie and strawberry ice cream is particularly nice.
we all have our favorites.
Quote:
I dont know Mark, I really dont know.
I ask myself the same thing sometimes. We've got more in common than you thought, don't we?
Quote:
Yes I lied.



Oops, did it again.

I felt compelled to reply to Yousuresir s moronic post.
hey, you owned up to it. we all make mistakes, it's how you handle them that counts.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #689
JollyJoker
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 132
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
-Long pause in the deal before a particularly bad beat.


This needs to be implemented IMO.
JollyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #690
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24
-Long pause in the deal before a particularly bad beat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyJoker View Post


This needs to be implemented IMO.
2nd. I vote bad beats should be slowrolled.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #691
Cry Me A River
Orange is the new Green
 
Cry Me A River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 23,790
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Live poker shuffle/shuffle machines are rigged:

Poker Shuffle Machines - How reliable are they to provide a randon shuffle

(Current discussion in the Brick and Mortar forum.)
Cry Me A River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #692
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
That's good, but I prefer this version.
The only way that could be gayer is if Liberace did a piano solo half-way through.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #693
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24
Well sort of. Im Batmans sidekick Robin though Im getting a little annoyed with him cause he makes me do all sorts of meanial tasks,groceries,walking his dog, wash batmobile etc.

see, it sounds like a good job 'til you actually do it. still, you pick up some hotties on your way to the carwash once in a while, don't ya?
ROFL. I cant take the batmobile to the carwash you imbecile. Besides Bruce doesnt let me drive it unless he s injured etc.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #694
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
ROFL. I cant take the batmobile to the carwash you imbecile.
hey, words hurt.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #695
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
hey, words hurt.
Well cmon they could call the police or something.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #696
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Well cmon they could call the police or something.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #697
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

Im back again, I just had to post this ridiculous session Ive just had.

So Im playing 12 Multi Table SNGs on a major site. Here s the beats I took to KO or cripple me and my only real suckout. They re in the order they happened.

1. Me KK Villain AQ All in pre flop. Flop A 2 5.

Ok it happens.

2. Me 88 Villain 10 10. Board 10 7 4 8.

Ok best hand won set vs set I can handle that.

3. Me AQ Villain A 10. Flop A J 7 All in. Turn 10. Lol.

Starting to get a little frustrated.

4. 9 6 vs Villain A Q. Flop 9 6 5. I bet 3/4 pot he calls. Turn 7.check,check. River 8.

He shows AQ, Im like wtf is he calling flop bet for.

5. KK vs Villain AK. Flop Q J 4. Villain shoves I call. Turn 8 River well what a surprise 10.

Now Im mad.

6.Me KJ vs K5 vs QJ. All in pre flop. Board x x x x Q.

Ok I was shortstacked I can accept that one.

7. 5h4h vs 5 limpers. Flop 3 hearts. I bet 4 callers. Turn another heart.

What a surprise.

8. Q 10 vs 73. Flop Q 6 4. Im short I bet 3/4 pot. Villain Allin shows 7 3 Im like wtfwtfwtf. Turn x River 5.

Super lol what a joke hand. Pure joke.

9. KK vs Chip leader. Flop A. Villain All in. I fold.

Surprise surprise.

10a) AQ vs AJ on the bubble both All in pre flop.Board K Q 8 6 10.

LOL. Next hand;

10b) 10 10 all in preflop vs A 9. Board J 9 8 3 9.

Bubble. ierhilwfhehfvwiehfv.

My suckout.

Me Kc 9c vs 44. Flop Ac 7 4c. All in. Turn 3h River 5c.

Yayyyyyyy!

But of course its not rigged. It would be ******ed to assume that after some of those beats right?
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #698
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

yes it would
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #699
poporella
veteran
 
poporella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i proof medical s. = pseudo science
Posts: 3,186
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

MOVE!
poporella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #700
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The Outside Looking In? Online Poker

All in with best hand 9/11 times. Win 1/11. Rigged.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive