Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #6851
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,560
Re: What are the odds... (Royal Flush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wizard View Post
What are the odds of hitting a Royal Flush 3 times in 2 days on a well-publicised internet poker site?
In a SNG I once got all in preflop vs. the same guy two hands in a row. Each hand we had the same ranked cards, suited. Same suits also, just flip-flopped. He won the first on a flush, I won the second. I don't know the odds of 3 royals in 2 days, but I bet it's less than the situation I just described. Point is if you play long enough, or even if you personally don't but there's millions of you out there playing, someone's going to see some weird **** every now and then.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #6852
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,132
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

IIRC I posted my own graph earlier in this thread where I circled the opposite experience; run goods when I cash out. And I have a fishy nanostakes friend who I transfer money to whenever he wants to gambol it up, and he usually loses the money immediately.

But who cares about that, right? It doesn't support rigtards' arguments.
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #6853
dbcooper279
old hand
 
dbcooper279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Under 23ft of water
Posts: 1,678
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

The riggedologists are so dumb. If you believe in the newbie boomswitch and the cashout curse, obv the smart thing to do would be to deposit on a new site and run like god for a few days. Then, when they turn off your boomswitch, cashout. Obv rinse and repeat on all few hundred sites. Duh........
dbcooper279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #6854
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

R4R: Are you going to provide you handhistories any time soon? I know how eager you are to be proven right.
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #6855
LetsGambool
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,578
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arouet View Post
R4R: Are you going to provide you handhistories any time soon? I know how eager you are to be proven right.
You'll see Halley's comet again before you get actual raw hand histories from R4R.
LetsGambool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #6856
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
R4R: Are you going to provide you handhistories any time soon? I know how eager you are to be proven right.

Buddy, no need to be an annoying little child. I heard you the first time

A. I no longer have my full tilt/pokerstars (my main 2) HH because I reset my computer to its original settings and lost them

B. My hand histories wouldn't be considered "evidence" anyway because there is not enough of them
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #6857
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
B. My hand histories wouldn't be considered "evidence" anyway because there is not enough of them
And yet you obviously do consider them evidence, as they are the basis for your belief that the deal isn't fair. Which is it?
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #6858
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,132
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
A. I no longer have my full tilt/pokerstars (my main 2) HH because I reset my computer to its original settings and lost them
You can request them from both FTP and PS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
B. My hand histories wouldn't be considered "evidence" anyway because there is not enough of them
So you admit you don't even have a significant enough sample to tell whether it's rigged or not?
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:52 PM   #6859
LetsGambool
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,578
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

His hand histories don't correspond to any graph he has posted. That's why he wont be providing the hand histories.
LetsGambool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #6860
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
Buddy, no need to be an annoying little child. I heard you the first time

A. I no longer have my full tilt/pokerstars (my main 2) HH because I reset my computer to its original settings and lost them

B. My hand histories wouldn't be considered "evidence" anyway because there is not enough of them
Weak, weak excuses. And as DMoogle correctly points out, you can request these from either site.

Buck up or shut up imo.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #6861
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoogle View Post
You can request them from both FTP and PS.

So you admit you don't even have a significant enough sample to tell whether it's rigged or not?
+1

awesome post!

you are truly a shill among shills!
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #6862
DonkeyFlop
banned
 
DonkeyFlop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 929
Re: What are the odds... (Royal Flush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wizard View Post
Hey, i thought it was a fair question, although not worded very well I admit.

Ive tried a few sites and this one in particular where i have played for a couple of years (note I havent named names) now seems to throw up more and more top-hands than anything else. I love online poker so its not a troll at all online sites - i just needed confirmation that this 'run' is highly unlikely and im wise to move my preference, altho I did like the gameplay and look/feel of this particular site...

Given those odds however, im more likely to be killed by a polar bear than hit 3x RF's in 2 days, so its onto a new site for me - on the 2+2 recommended list.

Is this clearer?
Yeah, like I said in my PM, the mods have been throwing rigged posts into one easily ignorable (by me) thread. I caught this one before it had been moved and perhaps my broadside was a bit much. Anyway, I see that it's where it belongs now and there are plenty of smart people (and trolls) itt that can figure this out. I'd mention the site, btw, because it might strengthen your argument.

In any event, welcome to the board.
DonkeyFlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #6863
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: What are the odds... (Royal Flush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFlop View Post
Yeah, like I said in my PM, the mods have been throwing rigged posts into one easily ignorable (by me) thread. I caught this one before it had been moved and perhaps my broadside was a bit much. Anyway, I see that it's where it belongs now and there are plenty of smart people (and trolls) itt that can figure this out. I'd mention the site, btw, because it might strengthen your argument.

In any event, welcome to the board.
Oh, come off it, Neil DonkeyFlop. If you're going to be that sycophantic, why don't you go 'round there now and stick your tongue straight down the back of his trousers?
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:18 PM   #6864
DonkeyFlop
banned
 
DonkeyFlop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 929
Re: What are the odds... (Royal Flush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
Oh, come off it, Neil DonkeyFlop. If you're going to be that sycophantic, why don't you go 'round there now and stick your tongue straight down the back of his trousers?
I don't follow this ****e thread for a reason. The guy seems reasonable enough in his other posts and the room he's referring to is sketch at best. So maybe he's onto something with regards to that particular room. I'm out of here, anyway, this thread makes me dumber than I already am.
DonkeyFlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #6865
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
You can request them from both FTP and PS.

So you admit you don't even have a significant enough sample to tell whether it's rigged or not?
I can no longer log onto my ps or ftp account.

And notice i put the word evidence in quotations? In order for it to be concrete proof for the poker world there would have to be atleast a couple million.
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:39 AM   #6866
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I can no longer log onto my ps or ftp account.
but you can log into your email account, can't ya?
Quote:
And notice i put the word evidence in quotations? In order for it to be concrete proof for the poker world there would have to be atleast a couple million.
ya know what? if you came up with 25k hands that looked fishy folks would be interested.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:48 AM   #6867
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,132
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Didn't need more than a couple of thousand against the UB and AP cheaters, IIRC.

And yeah, you just need to e-mail them.
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:27 AM   #6868
LetsGambool
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,578
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

There's a decent chance he's never played a hand on either site.
LetsGambool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:39 AM   #6869
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
+1

awesome post!

you are truly a shill among shills!
And you are a true rigtard.

Er, shill,

Er, rigtard,

No, wait ...
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:41 AM   #6870
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I can no longer log onto my ps or ftp account.

And notice i put the word evidence in quotations? In order for it to be concrete proof for the poker world there would have to be atleast a couple million.
Stupid, pathetic excuse follows stupid, pathetic excuse.

What sort of person makes such stupid, pathetic, excuses?


Well, the well known RealDeal shill Steven Mears for one.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:59 AM   #6871
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,132
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Can you at least use multi-quotes when make short or shortish posts?

DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:09 AM   #6872
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I see the multi quoting tool as a facility for making posts that group together several related quotes that need one or more related answers.

When I first turn on the computer and look at the forum I've no idea how many posts I might rely to.

Why do you find a grey bar so taxing?

It's not as if it cost you anything.

And I've heard vastly more complaints about people making long posts than I have about them replying to posts separately. I've only ever seen two of the latter, both from you.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:30 AM   #6873
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,132
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I'm a super nit.
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:36 AM   #6874
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I have actually used the multiquote a few times since you last mentioned it.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:39 AM   #6875
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,132
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

That makes me smile.
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive