Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,449 34.95%
No 5,524 55.98%
Undecided 895 9.07%
Voters: 9868. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 05:51 AM   #5976
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Hey Mods someone please remove that silly poll?

If there is gonna be a poll it should be basic;

Is Online Poker Rigged?

Yes or No
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #5977
Lord Snooty
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 122
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzilla123 View Post
but when there are 1000s of ppl log on and play..
then small tiny rake become big profit/sec.
And that's the number one reason why it's in sites' interests NOT to rig. Play it fairly and the rake will keep on rolling in, and you don't have to do a thing. If it's perceived as fair then people will keep coming back.
Lord Snooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #5978
atimoteo
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: cleveland
Posts: 7
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Lets face it guys - we all know that the better players will take the lesser players money all day and eventually even an Idiot will stop throwing away good money so it is in the sites interest to level the playing field and keep as many players as possible on the site. I would not doubt if Bingostars has a system built right into that sophisticated software. I have seen many an Idiot who could do no wrong whereas I make one stupid play and I am done. In fact I make good plays and I am done.
atimoteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #5979
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by atimoteo View Post
Lets face it guys - we all know that the better players will take the lesser players money all day and eventually...
... the less intelligent of the lesser players will start to cast around for someone to blame rather than take responsibility for their own poor play.

At that point they will come and whine on here about how the sites are: 'obviously rigged'.

In fact it is they who are: 'obviously ******ed'.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #5980
atimoteo
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: cleveland
Posts: 7
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

you probably had to look ******ed up in the dictionary. In fact I make money on that garbage site. Not much but I still cash out every couple of months.
atimoteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #5981
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by atimoteo View Post
you probably had to look ******ed up in the dictionary
oooh burrrrrrn
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #5982
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFuego20 View Post
oooh burrrrrrn
The wit of these rigtards is quite breathtaking, really.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #5983
BucketFoot
grinder
 
BucketFoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 500
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Honestly who the **** raises UTG with QQQK and calls a reraise in Hi-Low, when it is obvious that I have AA**.

I'd say this guy was an idiot, but he had over 4 buyins and he clearly wasn't throwing his money away.

He is either a house player, somehow who cracked the code, or he had colluders at the table and knew his flush draw was very live.

I was up fairly large on the day, but along comes the FTP hour of hell, topped off by this suspicious clown hitting his 8% / 92% nonsensical BS and just like that I'm back down for the day.

Just about every time someone reraises in O8 they have AA**.
And this guy calls UTG with QQQK and hits a flush on the turn?
How can I take FTP seriously when plays that are beyond awful constantly get rewarded.

I have seen tons of poor, loose, aggressive, and wild, and terrible players.
Even they have some idea that QQQK should be mucked if not instantly, then definitely after the reraise when it's obvious I have AA**.

Cliffnotes : Either FTP is rigged, or there are house players who will take your money, in the most unbelievable ways.
BucketFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #5984
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketFoot View Post
Cliffnotes : Either FTP is rigged, or there are house players who will take your money, in the most unbelievable ways.
OK, so all FTP players should remove their stash and place in on Cereus?
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #5985
kombatarts99
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 219
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketFoot View Post
Honestly who the **** raises UTG with QQQK and calls a reraise in Hi-Low, when it is obvious that I have AA**.

I'd say this guy was an idiot, but he had over 4 buyins and he clearly wasn't throwing his money away.

He is either a house player, somehow who cracked the code, or he had colluders at the table and knew his flush draw was very live.

I was up fairly large on the day, but along comes the FTP hour of hell, topped off by this suspicious clown hitting his 8% / 92% nonsensical BS and just like that I'm back down for the day.

Just about every time someone reraises in O8 they have AA**.
And this guy calls UTG with QQQK and hits a flush on the turn?
How can I take FTP seriously when plays that are beyond awful constantly get rewarded.

I have seen tons of poor, loose, aggressive, and wild, and terrible players.
Even they have some idea that QQQK should be mucked if not instantly, then definitely after the reraise when it's obvious I have AA**.

Cliffnotes : Either FTP is rigged, or there are house players who will take your money, in the most unbelievable ways.

Maybe you should be playing at a level where the players have an idea of what they are doing. You know hand ranges, math, players style, position, stack sizes, etc. Playing 5 cent 10 cent thats why. try 10 dollar 20 dollar
kombatarts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #5986
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,164
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Because there definitely aren't people who literally do not know the rules of the game in O8.
DMoogle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #5987
K13
banned
 
K13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 531
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

http://www.notedpokerauthority.com/a...ine-poker.html

There's some decent articles on there.
K13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #5988
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,164
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
http://www.notedpokerauthority.com/a...ine-poker.html

There's some decent articles on there.
The Triple Draw thing is whatever. I disagree with some of his points, but I don't care either way. I doubt I'd care even if I did play Triple Draw.

His first point in the second part #2 may be right, but I think he's dead wrong about it being able to be undetectable. He doesn't really go into this, either.
DMoogle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #5989
Buffengerger
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 31
Smile Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

if you think its rigged then dont play.sites make their money from rake and reg fees.they have no interest and no need to rig any hand as they make millions each day.dear me we all suffer bad beats but its not rigged.on poker stars i have ak and raise,player reraises and i faltcall.flop aak.before i have a chance to do anything he moves in.i call.he shows qq.turn q river q.i say nh.he says ul.we both move on.why do losing players insist on things being fixed against them.its just funny.try playing 8 tables at once for 6 hours a day and watch the bad beats.its just poker.i play live 5 times a week too and they happen there too.its simply wrong to think theres anything else happening
Buffengerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #5990
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

The other day I lost an $850 pot to a river 5 outer all in on the turn. It was one of the largest pots I've lost in some time. Now I can scream and yell about it being rigged, or I can take a more logical approach and realize that I was simply unlucky.

Especially true considering that the guy who beat me has lost a documented $460,000 over the past year and 4 months. It happens, rigtards. You're never going to have a day of poker in your life where you play any reasonable volume of hands where you won't see a bad beat. Get used to it or quit poker.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #5991
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
http://www.notedpokerauthority.com/a...ine-poker.html

There's some decent articles on there.
not really
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #5992
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
At that point they will come and whine on here about how the sites are: 'obviously rigged'.

In fact it is they who are: 'obviously ******ed'
OK IM GONNA PUT THIS IN CAPS SO YOU UNDERSTAND:

YOU CALL YOURSELF LOGICAL BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE (KNOW, IYO) THAT ONLINE POKER IS NOT RIGGED, JUST LIKE I BELIEVE (KNOW) IT IS RIGGED. PLEASE SHOW ME YOUR EVIDENCE TO COUNTER THIS CLAIM? IM SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND OTHERS ON HERE DEFENDING ONLINE POKER LEGITAMACY LIKE IT'S YOUR NEIGHBORS HOME BUSINESS. WHERE ARE YOU GUYS FROM, FAIRY LAND? THIS WORLD IS NOT PERFECT AND NEITHER ARE THE PEOPLE IN IT (ESPECIALLY THOSE CONNECTED WITH GAMBLING). YOU NEED TO LOOK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND STOP PUTTING YOUR EGO IN THE WAY OF YOUR THINKING (UNLESS YOU'RE REALLY THAT DUMB).
QPW, why name-call? We're here having a discussion. It seems to me most of the people on the side of online poker being rigged are alot more mature and logical than you. Why are you even here? Neither of us has concrete evidence supporting our claims (yet) so as much as you would like to believe you are right - you do not have any evidence !!!

Last edited by Rounding4Rent; 07-05-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #5993
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
OK IM GONNA PUT THIS IN CAPS SO YOU UNDERSTAND:

YOU CALL YOURSELF LOGICAL BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE (KNOW, IYO) THAT ONLINE POKER IS NOT RIGGED, JUST LIKE I BELIEVE (KNOW) IT IS RIGGED. PLEASE SHOW ME YOUR EVIDENCE TO COUNTER THIS CLAIM? IM SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND OTHERS ON HERE DEFENDING ONLINE POKER LEGITAMACY LIKE IT'S YOUR NEIGHBORS HOME BUSINESS. WHERE ARE YOU GUYS FROM, FAIRY LAND? THIS WORLD IS NOT PERFECT AND NEITHER ARE THE PEOPLE IN IT (ESPECIALLY THOSE CONNECTED WITH GAMBLING). YOU NEED TO LOOK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND STOP PUTTING YOUR EGO IN THE WAY OF YOUR THINKING (UNLESS YOU'RE REALLY THAT DUMB).
QPW, why name-call? We're here having a discussion. It seems to me most of the people on the side of online poker being rigged are alot more mature and logical than you. Why are you even here? Neither of us has concrete evidence supporting our claims (yet) so as much as you would like to believe you are right - you do not have any evidence !!!
STOP ASKING PEOPLE TO PROVE A NEGATIVE. THE LACK OF EVIDENCE SUPPORTS ONLINE POKER NOT BEING RIGGED. IF CONSPIRACY THEORISTS WANT TO TEST THEIR THEORIES AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE THEN PLEASE DO SO. OTHERWISE YOU'RE JUST COMING OFF AS PARANOID AND WASTING EVERYBODY'S TIME. I'M GLAD YOU SHOWED US THIS ALL CAPS THING IT'S SO MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE IN GETTING MY POINTS ACROSS.

IF YOU WANT EVIDENCE SUPPORTING NOT RIGGED GO BACK AND LOOK AT K13'S POST ABOUT ACES COMING TOO MUCH ON THE FLOP AND SPADEBIDDER'S STATISTICAL ANALYSIS PROVING HE WAS WRONG. IT'S ONE OF MANY EXAMPLES. PROVIDE YOUR SPECIFIC THEORIES ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGGED AND SOMEBODY WILL PROBABLY TEST THEM AND PROVE THEM WRONG. UNTIL YOU PROVIDE YOUR SPECIFIC THEORIES WITH A HYPOTHESIS THAT CAN BE TESTED YOU'RE WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #5994
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
STOP ASKING PEOPLE TO PROVE A NEGATIVE.
once again you refer to this as a negative? online poker to begin with is the only thing negative here.

Quote:
IF CONSPIRACY THEORISTS WANT TO TEST THEIR THEORIES AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE THEN PLEASE DO SO.
Test their theories? Once again, since you dont seem to understand - the average player does not have the resources to collect such data (especially involving the theory of "timing") to be considered concrete evidence. DO YOU REALLY THINK THESE POKER SITES ARE THIS DUMB? You do live in a fairy land, don't you...

Quote:
I'M GLAD YOU SHOWED US THIS ALL CAPS THING IT'S SO MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE IN GETTING MY POINTS ACROSS
It obviously didn't work for you next time i'll bold it all

Quote:
UNTIL YOU PROVIDE YOUR SPECIFIC THEORIES WITH A HYPOTHESIS THAT CAN BE TESTED YOU'RE WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME.
Wasting everyone's time? Obviously if you did not care about the well-being of online poker and have some interest in its legitamacy you wouldn't be here.. You just wasted my time because im actually giving you the decency of responding to your half-ass post that has been covered like ten times in this thread.

It's very clear to me, Nfuego, why you say you don't believe online poker is rigged or act like you have no open-mindedness about the subject. I think you have some interest in it but you let your ego get in the way like this is a battle, man.
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #5995
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I guess the problem is you rigged posters need to get your theories straight. I mean some of you think aces come too often on the flop. Some of you think doomswitches happen at cashout (I could probably provide evidence in my own case that's not true). Some of you think crappy players win more often than they should. Individually an analysis can probably be done on each of these things to some extent. If you want me to look up a horrible player's results and analyze his all in hands to make sure his results are within an acceptable threshold, it could probably be done.

Why don't you guys take the time to do it since you seem to think this stuff is happening? There's publicly accessible data out there you know.

Last edited by NFuego20; 07-05-2009 at 11:13 PM.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #5996
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
once again you refer to this as a negative? online poker to begin with is the only thing negative here.
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #5997
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
once again you refer to this as a negative? online poker to begin with is the only thing negative here.
Online poker is a negative? What? Do you even have a clue what people are saying? You're asking people to prove that something does NOT exist. Do you not see the problem here?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
Test their theories? Once again, since you dont seem to understand - the average player does not have the resources to collect such data (especially involving the theory of "timing") to be considered concrete evidence. DO YOU REALLY THINK THESE POKER SITES ARE THIS DUMB? You do live in a fairy land, don't you...
Bullcrap. There are a lot of bright people on this forum with access to all kinds of data. If you want to generically throw the word "timing" at people and say that's how it's rigged, be more specific. Timing after a cashout? Waiting 5 seconds before calling all in so the dealer will give you better cards? I mean what the hell are you talking about? How do you think it's rigged? One thing at a time sir. Tell me how you think something is rigged, and then let's try and come up with some tests for it. Problem is you're mindlessly just spewing this garbage and you haven't even given yourself a CHANCE to see if anything is wrong with the deal. Pure speculation on your part. Find where you think something is wrong, and test it. Even if you're not getting concrete proof, you can gradually add to the evidence and work out the data to the point where you can get a general idea of whether or not you're within a reasonable range.


Quote:
Wasting everyone's time? Obviously if you did not care about the well-being of online poker and have some interest in its legitamacy you wouldn't be here.. You just wasted my time because im actually giving you the decency of responding to your half-ass post that has been covered like ten times in this thread.

It's very clear to me, Nfuego, why you say you don't believe online poker is rigged or act like you have no open-mindedness about the subject. I think you have some interest in it but you let your ego get in the way like this is a battle, man.
It's a battle over ignorance. To say I have no open-mindedness about the subject is completely false. But what I have absolutely no patience for is people coming in with unfounded theories while making no effort whatsoever to try to actually look at some data and test it. At least put in some friggin effort because without that there is no credibility whatsoever. When evidence gets presented and analyzed, this entire poker community responds. When morons come on spouting off after a bad beat pretty much convinced poker is rigged because of those bad beats, it sets us back every time. There's nothing that can be said to such a person.

If you recall a poster came online several days ago wanting to do his own analysis. He suspected the games might not be legit but was at least willing to take his database of hands and run some tests. Did you see me jump down his throat? Of course not. I did my best to help and encouraged others with more expertise to help him. Why? Because he was being reasonable and putting in some effort. Something most of the rigged followers fail to ever do.

Hell, K13 tells us his theories, they get PROVEN wrong, and yet he still refuses to acknowledge it and just comes right back on bitching about more bad beats. Just completely ignores concrete statistics. Now you tell me which side is being more reasonable.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #5998
BucketFoot
grinder
 
BucketFoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 500
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Rigged
BucketFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #5999
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
the average player does not have the resources to collect such data (especially involving the theory of "timing") to be considered concrete evidence.
I thought Meares patented that idea. New account Stephen?
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #6000
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
New account Stephen?

Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive