Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,445 34.94%
No 5,522 56.01%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9859. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #5901
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Rigged IMO.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #5902
Arouet
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Arouet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,433
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
I don't see any proof. Show me the proof.
Now you're really just being contrarian. The chart has been pointed out to you several times. Maybe you can challenge the accuracy of the chart, and the debate can focus on that. But you can't say you havent been shown at least some evidence that you are wrong.

(that is, if everyone is right and you're not levelling/trolling, I find it hard to believe you would post this and actually be serious - I'm trying to give you some credit here.)
Arouet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #5903
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
Stop defending this BS because one ****en player is a winner. who gives a ****. I win every single month and its still rigged.

And the Ace thing, I will never believe it, never, no ****en way can you have three people with aces and an ace still flops so often. Beyond ****en BS.
There no way that this post is anything more than a tongue-in-cheek provocation, i.e. a thinly-disguised troll seeking argument.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #5904
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

how about all the losing players i posted that were running way under expected value??

winning players in a rigged deal is standard. how do you think they sucked you guys in??
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #5905
dbcooper279
old hand
 
dbcooper279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Under 23ft of water
Posts: 1,678
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
how about all the losing players i posted that were running way under expected value??

winning players in a rigged deal is standard. how do you think they sucked you guys in??
You do realize that in a large sample, it is expected to have people who run under EV.
dbcooper279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:42 AM   #5906
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
You do realize that in a large sample, it is expected to have people who run under EV.
Obviously there will be some. The point is that showing a winning graph does not prove anything. Do you know how many people play online poker? It would only be smart business-wise to give a certain percentage a good run of cards. If noone won, noone would play. In the end, though, I believe everyone loses.
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:47 AM   #5907
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

From a down-to-earth perspective - how can you guys really defend these sites? do you forget the fact they have provided no physical evidence to defend their deals? do you forget that you are sitting in front of a computer in the year 2009? (i hope not) do you realize how far technology has come and how greedy/untrustworthy many businesses connected with gambling are?
before you can jump to conclusions.. dont judge books by their covers. how people continue to play with so much speculation and the lack of evidence proving a fair game is beyond me..
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:48 AM   #5908
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,132
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
how about all the losing players i posted that were running way under expected value??

winning players in a rigged deal is standard. how do you think they sucked you guys in??
I thought the usual rigtard argument was that it's rigged FOR losing players, not against?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I'd literally bet my life on it that online poker is rigged.
And this is why poker will always be profitable.
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:55 AM   #5909
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

this argument can go back and forth for days on end and it will never reach a conclusion. if you don't believe online poker is rigged i say this - you cannot be sure. just like i cannot be sure it is rigged. (although i know in my gut it is i simply do not have the resources to collect such data to prove such a thing).

I think this argument should be settled with an Agnostic viewpoint.

We're talking about billion dollar companies. If they were going to go as far as to rig the game, you can bet your ass that it wont be easy to detect. Their system works too - because of the word "Variance" or "bad play".. IMO, "TIMING" is the strongest explanation/viewpoint in the case of op being rigged- it only makes sense. there is no denying that on either sides. there is also no denying the excessive profit that can be obtained from rigging the deal.
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:57 AM   #5910
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
From a down-to-earth perspective - how can you guys really defend these sites? do you forget the fact they have provided no physical evidence to defend their deals?
From a down-to-earth perspective - how can you really defend yourself? do you forget the fact that you have provided no physical evidence to prove that you do not sexually molest small children? Nor, come to that, that you were not ultimately responsible for 9-11. And there are still questions in many people's minds about the Kennedy assasination. I don't seem to remember seeing any evidence that you or you father or grandfather were not involved in that.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:06 AM   #5911
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,132
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
this argument can go back and forth for days on end and it will never reach a conclusion. if you don't believe online poker is rigged i say this - you cannot be sure. just like i cannot be sure it is rigged. (although i know in my gut it is i simply do not have the resources to collect such data to prove such a thing).
Sorry that your life is worth so little to you that you'd bet it on something you're not sure of.
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #5912
Rounding4Rent
journeyman
 
Rounding4Rent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Sorry that your life is worth so little to you that you'd bet it on something you're not sure of.
That's another thing with alot of people on this forum - immaturity. I was making a point by saying that, btw. I guess you didn't understand that. You're debating a topic and all you can do when someone makes a good point is insult them.. grow up man

edit.. by "good point" i was refferring to the agnostic viewpoint.

Last edited by Rounding4Rent; 07-04-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Rounding4Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:16 AM   #5913
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,132
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
That's another thing with alot of people on this forum - immaturity.
If you don't like it, you can leave?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
I was making a point by saying that, btw. I guess you didn't understand that.
What was your point? Do you know what the word "literally" means?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
You're debating a topic
Not really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
and all you can do when someone makes a good point is insult them.. grow up man
Where did I insult you?

EDIT: OK after re-reading my last post you're right, it could've come across as me being a douchebag. I said: "Sorry that your life is worth so little to you that you'd bet it on something you're not sure of." I should have said: "Sorry that you feel your life is worth so little to you that you'd bet it on something you're not sure of."

EDIT 2: I don't think that anybody should ever bet their life on anything, but that's just me.
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:29 AM   #5914
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoogle View Post
EDIT 2: I don't think that anybody should ever bet their life on anything, but that's just me.
Quite.

If you really were betting your life it would be imbecilic.

Otherwise it's just meaningless hyperbole.


What is interesting is that rigtards say:

a) How come you shills are so sure OLP is not igged.
b) I'd bet my life it is rigged.

Leaving matters of hyperbole aside, it seems that your average rigtard is has a much more entrenched viewpoint than the average 'shill'.

All the 'shills' tend to say is that we think OLD is very probably not riggged.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:46 AM   #5915
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
That's another thing with alot of people on this forum - immaturity.
ROFLMAO!

[sarcasm]Of course, strongly believeing something without a shred of evidence is the sign of a very mature thinker. [/sarcasm]
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:52 AM   #5916
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Rigged believers: How often do you believe you are cheated?

Obviously this belongs in the 'collected threads edition' at some point but it would be useful if it could be left 'stand alone' for a couple of days to try and gather some data.

So:

If you believe that the sites are rigging the deal and you are suffering as a result, can you please vote in the poll and say roughly how often this is happening to you.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:01 AM   #5917
gangip
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,079
LMAO

sorry but LOL i just spilt water everywhere

ROFL look at the poll options omg please move to bbv

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Obviously this belongs in the 'collected threads edition' at some point but it would be useful if it could be left 'stand alone' for a couple of days to try and gather some data.

So:

If you believe that the sites are rigging the deal and you are suffering as a result, can you please vote in the poll and say roughly how often this is happening to you.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLoloLOLOL

Last edited by Mike Haven; 07-04-2009 at 02:28 PM.
gangip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:10 AM   #5918
Lessu
Thailand Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finn Land
Posts: 9,064
Re: Rigged believers: How often do you believe you are cheated?

can't find the option for every hand
Lessu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:15 AM   #5919
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: Rigged believers: How often do you believe you are cheated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessu View Post
can't find the option for every hand
Sorry. I didn't believe that anyone could be that ******ed.

Congratulations, you're the first.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:47 AM   #5920
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: Rigged believers: How often do you believe you are cheated?

Every hand I lose must be rigged because I am so awesome that no other option is reasonable.
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:02 AM   #5921
Tappy Tibbons
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 781
Re: Rigged believers: How often do you believe you are cheated?

Depends on how recent my last cashout was.
Tappy Tibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:26 AM   #5922
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,563
Re: Rigged believers: How often do you believe you are cheated?

Does the green line ever go above the red line if you're a US player on the weekends? I don't believe it. Please some US multitabler post graph of sick-hot weekend. If none is posted then I have nothing to conclude but rigged.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #5923
chuck-raise
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 67
Re: Rigged believers: How often do you believe you are cheated?

Finally! This thread is a big step forward in gathering necessary data for proving that online poker sites are rigged. Voting 1 every 100 hand, because that is the average that I get from my mental calculations.
chuck-raise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:04 AM   #5924
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounding4Rent View Post
this argument can go back and forth for days on end and it will never reach a conclusion. if you don't believe online poker is rigged i say this - you cannot be sure. just like i cannot be sure it is rigged. (although i know in my gut it is i simply do not have the resources to collect such data to prove such a thing).

I think this argument should be settled with an Agnostic viewpoint.

We're talking about billion dollar companies. If they were going to go as far as to rig the game, you can bet your ass that it wont be easy to detect. Their system works too - because of the word "Variance" or "bad play".. IMO, "TIMING" is the strongest explanation/viewpoint in the case of op being rigged- it only makes sense. there is no denying that on either sides. there is also no denying the excessive profit that can be obtained from rigging the deal.
+1

Poker is a conman's dream. It's not rigged it's......Variance or a Downswing even though you just claimed a bonus or cashed out the moment before the downswing came.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #5925
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

lol
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive