Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,445 34.94%
No 5,522 56.01%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9859. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 04:46 AM   #5701
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I'd like somone to explain to me how I can have like 200 sets of poker with maybe 20 +$150 winners, then have 7 in a row over $150.

ANSWER ME!
Varience.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:21 AM   #5702
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Varience.
A Shill's best friend.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:25 AM   #5703
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Again, I realize it all makes perfect sense to you that your lost bankroll from online poker was a concerted effort by a large company to specifically target you. Similarly you regard anyone who casts doubt on your beliefs as "in on it" shills (myself included I assume). It's all against you and about you in this mental construct.

This is not subtle, it is very simple by the book definition paranoia.

This does not make you a bad person, nor are you a bit slow like many of the riggedologists. You just have paranoid beliefs and tendencies in this specific area, basically a really powerful superstition in a way. Lots have similar paranoid beliefs about all sorts of things.
Again your taking what Ive previously posted and taking it out of context.

It makes it difficult and pointless to discuss anything with you when you pay no attention to what I actually post and write nonsense like this,example;

Quote:
I realize it all makes perfect sense to you that your lost bankroll from online poker was a concerted effort by a large company to specifically target you
Actually I don't think that there is a concerted effort by a large company to specifically target me at all. To believe that I personally out of the thousands of players was specifically targeted would be completely paranoid but thats not what I believe at all.

I think it's written into the software to target players based on circumstances i.e initial luck or cashout curse so in fact no effort to the company what so ever.

Quote:
Similarly you regard anyone who casts doubt on your beliefs as "in on it" shills (myself included I assume)
I never regarded everyone who cast doubt on my beliefs a shill at all. I'm fairly sure about you and qpw though and it wouldn't surprise me if you were the same person. There was a thread tited someting like "Huge IPoker Scam" I was reading when I saw that you and qpw were straight in there attacking poster and defending OP with nothing bad to say about the site's actions, before I was fairly sure you guys were shills but after that I was certain. It took a while for me to reach that conclusion if you note I didn't start calling you shills straight off the bat.

So please if you want me to debate you don't go misrepresenting me.

Last edited by SooperFish24; 06-30-2009 at 05:41 AM.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:29 AM   #5704
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I'd like somone to explain to me how I can have like 200 sets of poker with maybe 20 +$150 winners, then have 7 in a row over $150.

ANSWER ME!
rigged
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:02 AM   #5705
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
There was a thread tited someting like "Huge IPoker Scam" I was reading when I saw that you and qpw were straight in there attacking poster and defending OP with nothing bad to say about the site's actions, before I was fairly sure you guys were shills but after that I was certain. It took a while for me to reach that conclusion if you note I didn't start calling you shills straight off the bat.
So, they're just shills for all sites then? Seems like they'd be defending specific sites if they were hired to do so, wouldn't they?

Or are they just calling people out in all rigged threads to make it less obvious?

Or do you think that every single site is working together to rig everything the same way?

Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:19 AM   #5706
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFuego20 View Post
So, they're just shills for all sites then? Seems like they'd be defending specific sites if they were hired to do so, wouldn't they?

Or are they just calling people out in all rigged threads to make it less obvious?

Or do you think that every single site is working together to rig everything the same way?

Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.
They could work for 2+2 who have a vested interest in OP.

I dont think that all sites work together or that they are all rigged but I think all the majors are for sure.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:25 AM   #5707
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I don't know man, they participate much more vigorously in these threads than I do but at the same time I generally agree with them. There's a lot more mudslinging coming from those guys (not that I haven't slung my fair share) but at the same time common sense tells me nothing is rigged. Without evidence I just don't understand why people would draw that conclusion. If I really felt like a site was rigged I'd be coming up with all sorts of tests to perform on specific theories, ensuring that there's no bias and providing concrete data. Maybe that makes me a shill too, but quite honestly I think that's all any of us ask if we're going to make an assertion that a site's RNG is faulty. It's just irresponsible otherwise.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #5708
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
It makes it difficult and pointless to discuss anything with you when you pay no attention to what I actually post and write nonsense ...
Oh, irony heaped upon irony.

Quote:
I think it's written into the software to target players based on circumstances i.e initial luck or cashout curse so in fact no effort to the company what so ever.
So you think it would be 'no effort' to write software that could effectively doomswitch people based on certain criteria and yet remain undetectable except to people like you who's minds can see patterns that do not yield to mathematical analysis?

I think we can add software creation to the ever extending list of things about which you are completely clueless.

Quote:
There was a thread tited someting like "Huge IPoker Scam" I was reading when I saw that you and qpw were straight in there attacking poster and defending OP with nothing bad to say about the site's actions, before I was fairly sure you guys were shills but after that I was certain.
OK, so you believe we're shills for iPoker?

So you can stop spewing your shill nonsense when Party, PS and Full Tilt are under discussion.

If we work for iPoker then whatever we have to say about PS, Party and FT are our own opinions.

However, the more intelligent readers of this thread will still think that your argument is completely lame if you cannot prosecute it with evidence or logic but rather rely on whining that your opponents must be shills.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:39 AM   #5709
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
They could work for 2+2 who have a vested interest in OP.
Oh, jeez, your mental state is now really giving cause for alarm.

You can't find any logical reason why we speak (in the interpretation of your mind) for all the sites, so you start to accuse the forum.

You've sunk to a new low now.

Quote:
I dont think that all sites work together or that they are all rigged but I think all the majors are for sure.
So, let's just firm up out positions here.

You believe that all the major sites are certainly rigged despite there not being a scrap of credible evidence to support that notion.

I believe that the major sites are very probably not rigged because there is not a scrap of credible evidence to support the notion that they are.

Can you see why normal, sane, intelligent, people without your gifts for seeing strange patterns that defy mathematical analysis are going to be rather happier with my position than with yours?
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:51 AM   #5710
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

You know, if there were jobs out there that involved doing a statistical analysis on this type of stuff, I'd consider going back to work. As a former auditor, it would be perfect for me AND I'd have the benefit of actually proving some of these misconceptions wrong instead of just going back and forth with people who accuse without evidence.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #5711
pen15
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 627
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by otatop View Post
UB's RNG has nothing to do with the cheating that took place.

Did I mention their RNG?

Is that a fraudian slip by a shrill?

Very revealing, no wonder they did not save hand histories.

And of course you ar talking about the cheating which was proven to have taken place, do you think that was all that went on??

It is clear the site was rotten to th core from top to bottom, no doubt about that.
pen15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #5712
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pen15 View Post
Did I mention their RNG?

Is that a fraudian slip by a shrill?

Very revealing, no wonder they did not save hand histories.

And of course you ar talking about the cheating which was proven to have taken place, do you think that was all that went on??

It is clear the site was rotten to th core from top to bottom, no doubt about that.
Is writing "fraudian" a freudian slip proving you're a fraud?

Freud
Shill

Does that mean you're automatically wrong? No, but there's definitely a correlation between intelligence and credibility.

Also I've never once heard of any player being unable to get their hand histories from a poker site. All hands are documented and not once have I ever heard of a player unable to reconcile their results in pokertracker after asking for the applicable hand histories. You're just not trying or simply have a false recollection of events.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #5713
pen15
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 627
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFuego20 View Post
Is writing "fraudian" a freudian slip proving you're a fraud?

Freud
Shill

Does that mean you're automatically wrong? No, but there's definitely a correlation between intelligence and credibility.

Also I've never once heard of any player being unable to get their hand histories from a poker site. All hands are documented and not once have I ever heard of a player unable to reconcile their results in pokertracker after asking for the applicable hand histories. You're just not trying or simply have a false recollection of events.
They don't store them automatially as they should so there is no audit trail.
It facilitates cheating, mind you a poker site shrill would not care too much about something which pays his wages.
pen15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:27 AM   #5714
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

lol and you're still saying shrill, it's like arguing with a dumb animal

Like I said, you can get the hand histories if you want to, not to mention the fact that you can set it up to get them automatically as well, barring a disconnect during the specific hand. You clearly aren't interested.
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #5715
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFuego20 View Post
lol and you're still saying shrill, it's like arguing with a dumb animal

Like I said, you can get the hand histories if you want to, not to mention the fact that you can set it up to get them automatically as well, barring a disconnect during the specific hand. You clearly aren't interested.
But you have to admit that this is a new tack.

Claim that the site cheated you and then claim that they have effectively falsified the evidence.

Under these circumstances no one can prove or disprove anyone.

Although I strongly suspect that pen1s is mistaken.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #5716
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,957
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I've been too busy to read the thread in the last day or two, but I have two quick questions:

1) Has K13 admitted that his claims about the Aces coming too often were false?

2) Has anyone provided any evidence that online poker is rigged?
Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #5717
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

lol I think you know the answers to both of those questions, a big negative
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #5718
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,093
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Again your taking what Ive previously posted and taking it out of context.

It makes it difficult and pointless to discuss anything with you when you pay no attention to what I actually post and write nonsense like this,example;
Well, let's make sure we understand the proper context then.

Specifically why did you quit playing online poker?

Do you believe those who are casting doubts on the riggedologist claims must be shills? If no, then point to a few that disagree with you that are not shills.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Actually I don't think that there is a concerted effort by a large company to specifically target me at all. To believe that I personally out of the thousands of players was specifically targeted would be completely paranoid but thats not what I believe at all.

I think it's written into the software to target players based on circumstances i.e initial luck or cashout curse so in fact no effort to the company what so ever.
What about all of the people for whom these mystical beliefs did not actually apply? I have cashed out many times, and cleared many bonuses and my results have remained fairly consistent overall. Many others can say the same.

Also, a ton of new players have deep losing records when they start playing, how does that fit into your beliefs?

Even if you try to expand your beliefs to try to cover others, the fact is they are based on what you believed happened to you, ie: it is all about you.

If your conditions actually existed then there would be overwhelming evidence of it, so your next step will have to be that they are careful to only do it to some people and not others to avoid getting caught, then we ask how do they determine which people etc and the cycle goes on and on.

All of this while ignoring the obvious issue that someone who was programming this magic software would have told by now (as I assume all poker rooms do this in your beliefs - if not then why not?).

You have created a paranoid world which explains why you lost your money with it being no fault of your own. Again, very, very common behavior, and I do actually give you props for quitting, because most riggedologists muddle on with their inadequate skills and continue to lose and blame otherly forces at work. You cut the losses at a point, and good for you for doing that (I'm being serious on this point).



Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
I never regarded everyone who cast doubt on my beliefs a shill at all. I'm fairly sure about you and qpw though and it wouldn't surprise me if you were the same person.
Well, you can ask a mod if we are from the same place. I think he is a Brit or Aussie or something :P. No offense, but this is more basic paranoid beliefs.

And with regard to being a shill, I am not even sure where to begin to tackle that paranoid mindset, which is why I just play along (because it is easier).

However, let's have some fun with this. Am I a shill for a specific site, or is it just in general online gambling (hired by I assume some fuzzy online gambling group).

I assume my posts finding fault with the rooms on specific issues was all a ruse (ie: my views on Stars Brit promo recently and how they handled the messed up 25 billion hand, plus my ipoker foldbot for rake race issues, and my general annoyance with how Party does promos, plus my frustration with the horrid business model Crypto used that was doomed to fail) just to hide my shilldom?

I debate business models and human behavior mainly. QPW gets more into the personal insulting aspect of confrontations. To be blunt, both would be horrible shills as they are either too dry and boring (me) or personal and confrontational (qpw) to actually serve the sites interests if they hired people who did this.

Plus, most people can see through shills (the Real Deal example) which is why they never actually work.

Still, since you think many of us are shills, how about specifically defining which rooms we are hired by as well? You must know




Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
There was a thread tited someting like "Huge IPoker Scam" I was reading when I saw that you and qpw were straight in there attacking poster and defending OP with nothing bad to say about the site's actions, before I was fairly sure you guys were shills but after that I was certain. It took a while for me to reach that conclusion if you note I didn't start calling you shills straight off the bat.

So please if you want me to debate you don't go misrepresenting me.
Not sure which thread you are talking about, but I would have to guess it was the Pokerplex accidental Rolex freeroll one, where a tournament was run in error and a bunch of freeroll hunters who knew each other, alerted each other and played it and cashed out their money right away. The winner was upset he did not get a Rolex when it was clearly an error tournament that the parent ipoker had run. They offered him decent compensation and he posted here how unfair it was.

My points were all based on the systemic issue and the terms and conditions of the site, but I agreed that some compensation was in order even though it was obviously a group that did a huge angle shoot.

Ironically, I have pretty much stopped playing on ipoker because I cannot stand their software, though I do have my Rolex already so I can't really complain


As I said before, you can believe everyone around you who disagrees with you is a general undefined shill if that makes you more secure, but again all that is is a symptom of a paranoid mind at work.

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 AM   #5719
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,957
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFuego20 View Post
lol I think you know the answers to both of those questions, a big negative
I don't know what's more amazing - that people can believe there's a massive international criminal conspiracy, argue forcefully for it, and have no proof; or that when confronted with proof that their claims are false, they ignore it.
Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #5720
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josem View Post
I don't know what's more amazing - that people can believe there's a massive international criminal conspiracy, argue forcefully for it, and have no proof; or that when confronted with proof that their claims are false, they ignore it.
Shut up shill
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #5721
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josem View Post
I don't know what's more amazing - that people can believe there's a massive international criminal conspiracy, argue forcefully for it, and have no proof; or that when confronted with proof that their claims are false, they ignore it.
Almost makes you ashamed to be part of the same human race doesn't it?
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #5722
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Actually I don't think that there is a concerted effort by a large company to specifically target me at all.
if they rig it so fish go broke slower, why wouldn't they just rig it so no one goes broke ever?

also, how do they know when you deposit "new" money or not? In my case, I take several hundred out (occasionally) and use a bit of it on a different site while pocketing the profits. When I withdraw from that site, I do the same thing - basically putting the "same" money right back.

wouldn't the goal be to have new money deposited instead of old money recycled?

do they just boomswitch new depositors whose money has never been in play before? at what point do they turn it off and start screwing them over?
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #5723
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFuego20 View Post
Almost makes you ashamed to be part of the same human race doesn't it?
That presumes that rigtards actually are part of the human race and not some clever automatons put in place by The Lizard People to test our progress.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #5724
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
if they rig it so fish go broke slower, why wouldn't they just rig it so no one goes broke ever?

also, how do they know when you deposit "new" money or not? In my case, I take several hundred out (occasionally) and use a bit of it on a different site while pocketing the profits. When I withdraw from that site, I do the same thing - basically putting the "same" money right back.

wouldn't the goal be to have new money deposited instead of old money recycled?

do they just boomswitch new depositors whose money has never been in play before? at what point do they turn it off and start screwing them over?
You will never get an intelligent response from SF or TK to intelligent questions such as that.

They will either ignore your or add you the the list of people 'who must be shills' as they are so keen to defend online poker'.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #5725
pen15
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 627
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFuego20 View Post
lol and you're still saying shrill, it's like arguing with a dumb animal

Like I said, you can get the hand histories if you want to, not to mention the fact that you can set it up to get them automatically as well, barring a disconnect during the specific hand. You clearly aren't interested.

That is not the point, it is not done automaticaly which many sites do, it creates an oppertunity for cheating.
You clearly are an industry shrill.
pen15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive