Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 04:24 AM   #5376
GootRuck
adept
 
GootRuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 931
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

WTF are you crack heads babbling about? Go to bed
GootRuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:24 AM   #5377
suzzer99
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World
 
suzzer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: givin' 'em the business
Posts: 98,560
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GootRuck View Post
Why the **** is poker table ratings banned and not poker tracker or HEM? ******ed...
Because stupid people use them to berate the fish.
suzzer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:25 AM   #5378
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GootRuck View Post
WTF are you crack heads babbling about? Go to bed
no u
batair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:28 AM   #5379
GootRuck
adept
 
GootRuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 931
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Because stupid people use them to berate the fish.
Truth, and I hate this.

Some moron gets sucked out on by a huge fish:

"OMG YOU DONKEY, YOU'RE DOWN 10K! NO WONDER YOU'RE SO BAD YOU SUCK. YOU LOST 10K AT 2/4 AND 3/6 LIMIT LOL YOU SUCK"

Me: COTDAMMIT!! STFU!!!!
GootRuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:29 AM   #5380
GootRuck
adept
 
GootRuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 931
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
no u
lulz

Ok it's late.
GootRuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:38 AM   #5381
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by batair View Post
bluesbassman is messing up my theory and apparently LVGamblers that riggedfolk equal theists and atheists equal not rigged or don't know if it's rigged.
I would say: don't know if it's rigged -> agnostics.

The only sane stance from an epistemological point of view.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:41 AM   #5382
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GootRuck View Post
WTF are you crack heads babbling about? Go to bed
Why would I want to go to bed at 9:30 in the morning? (Apart from the obvious.)
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:44 AM   #5383
Pyromantha
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,228
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteroy View Post
The key will be to create a theory and test it without using the cherry picked historical data.

...

So if someone takes their 100,000 hands and finds some things that are very lucky or unlucky among all the ways of analyzing the hands, I would suggest that is nothing special.
I said the exact same thing a few pages back, but sadly all the riggedologists ignored it. If only they would take a day to learn how to do statistics....
Pyromantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:49 AM   #5384
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromantha View Post
I said the exact same thing a few pages back, but sadly all the riggedologists ignored it. If only they would take a day to learn how to do statistics....
God, some of us have been saying that for months!
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:55 AM   #5385
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
I would say: don't know if it's rigged -> agnostics.

The only sane stance from an epistemological point of view.


I don't know or absence of belief it's rigged would be weak/agnostic atheists. Saying it's not rigged would be strong atheist. Weak and strong atheism. Agnostic atheism.

I agree weak atheist or agnostic is the way to go on both issues.

Last edited by batair; 06-25-2009 at 05:00 AM.
batair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:05 AM   #5386
vezj420
adept
 
vezj420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: meh, flesh wound, imo.
Posts: 831
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Ok guess I had to post this one here.

I've been running severely under expectation lately, and last nite ran into a hand that illustrates my situation quite well:

I had AA in a 4-bet preflop pot, and the flop comes JJx. Villain leads the flop and turn, and I'm thinking, this guy definitely has QQ+, maybe even KK. I insta-shove on the turn and he insta-calls to see the bad news. Sure enough, a K falls on the river to give him a 200bb pot. Looked at my all-in EV in HEM confirm that I was 95.6% to win the hand.

I wouldn't say online poker is rigged, BUT THE DOOMSWITCH CERTAINLY EXISTS AND WILL TARGET YOU!!!!
vezj420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:19 AM   #5387
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
Ok guess I had to post this one here.

I've been running severely under expectation lately, and last nite ran into a hand that illustrates my situation quite well:

I had AA in a 4-bet preflop pot, and the flop comes JJx. Villain leads the flop and turn, and I'm thinking, this guy definitely has QQ+, maybe even KK. I insta-shove on the turn and he insta-calls to see the bad news. Sure enough, a K falls on the river to give him a 200bb pot. Looked at my all-in EV in HEM confirm that I was 95.6% to win the hand.

I wouldn't say online poker is rigged, BUT THE DOOMSWITCH CERTAINLY EXISTS AND WILL TARGET YOU!!!!
I don't want to be rude (for a change on this thread) but what do you see as the point in posting one (or ant number, come to that) bad hand in this thread?

Everyone gets this sort of stuff happening all the time.

If they didn't it would mean that the sites were rigged to prevent it!
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:45 AM   #5388
burden2
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 969
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadebidder View Post
It isn't that at all. I think your recollection or your reporting is probably faulty, simply because the chance of losing 16.5 times out of 18 all-ins with an average equity of 55%, is about 80,000 to 1. It's possible and surely happens with about that frequency, but you claim it is typical. It isn't. Also, your leaving out part of the sample skews the result too, you can't cherry pick it.
I admit I left out hands where the shortstack had fewer than 3 BB. <6 BB pots are obviously less significant towards the outcome of a match/session.

You might think that I am not reporting my HH faithfully but I know I am. Since you assume a random shuffle I have to assume, knowing that my hand history is real, that if you experienced what I experienced then you would doubt the randomness of the shuffle. So while you don't know it, I know you are a riggologist. In a way, if you get what I am saying.

Now yesterday was a nasty run which just happened to occur on a day which I was checking this thread. Had I ran good I would not have posted my hand histories in an attempt to show why I have doubts about the randomness of the shuffle. I run good for like a half hour a day but for the most part what I experience is close to as bad as what I posted. I swear. I have no interest in proving that internet poker is rigged. I make plenty of money playing live poker and have no axe to grind against poker. I just hope people keep playing it. But I'm sorry I am not just going to accept that I am the unluckiest poker player ever, every day on a consistent basis when it comes to pokerstars.
burden2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #5389
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by burden2 View Post
I admit I left out hands where the shortstack had fewer than 3 BB. <6 BB pots are obviously less significant towards the outcome of a match/session.

You might think that I am not reporting my HH faithfully but I know I am.
The underlined statements are incompatible.

Quote:
Since you assume a random shuffle I have to assume, knowing that my hand history is real, that if you experienced what I experienced then you would doubt the randomness of the shuffle. So while you don't know it, I know you are a riggologist. In a way, if you get what I am saying.
It's clear what you're saying but it's nonsense.

It's like saying that you know someone is a racist because if they had experienced
what you experienced they would hate race group x.

Complete and utter nonsense.


Quote:
Had I ran good I would not have posted my hand histories in an attempt to show why I have doubts about the randomness of the shuffle.
Which completely removes any credibility you might have had.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:41 AM   #5390
vezj420
adept
 
vezj420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: meh, flesh wound, imo.
Posts: 831
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
I don't want to be rude (for a change on this thread) but what do you see as the point in posting one (or ant number, come to that) bad hand in this thread?

Everyone gets this sort of stuff happening all the time.

If they didn't it would mean that the sites were rigged to prevent it!
Oh I know it happens all the time, I just wanted to post the hand somewhere other than BBV Wanted to illustrate the uncaring nature of the DOOMSWITCH.

idk, lately FTP uNL FR has had a thing for AA vs. KK, not to mention quads hands.

Waiting for my BOOMSWITCH to be turned back on....
vezj420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:49 AM   #5391
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post
Oh I know it happens all the time, I just wanted to post the hand somewhere other than BBV Wanted to illustrate the uncaring nature of the DOOMSWITCH.

idk, lately FTP uNL FR has had a thing for AA vs. KK, not to mention quads hands.

Waiting for my BOOMSWITCH to be turned back on....
I know what you mean.

I just cannot seem to win with two pair this week.

I suppose they decided that I had to be doomswitched after my royal flush on Monday.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:28 AM   #5392
burden2
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 969
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
The underlined statements are incompatible.



It's clear what you're saying but it's nonsense.

It's like saying that you know someone is a racist because if they had experienced
what you experienced they would hate race group x.

Complete and utter nonsense.




Which completely removes any credibility you might have had.
No it's not like that at all. I'm not speculating. Two of the more reasonable fair game crusaders said they doubted that the hand histories were real. I didn't say I think they would doubt it, they said they did. To say they are not therefore doubting pokerstars you have to think I am lying. That's your choice. I am not and have no reason to, nor am I convinced that pokerstars is in fact rigged in any way. But I have my doubts, as do pyro and that other guy even if they choose to think I am full of it instead of believing me. In reality they don't think such a run is likely, especially from someone who has complained of that type of run happening ALL THE TIME.

I don't believe all these claims by riggologists who clearly seek evidence to support a position they are married to. I try to let the evidence guide me to the most reasonable conclusion. Me being perpetually horrifically unlucky on pokerstars forever, while possible, is not a reasonable conclusion.
burden2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #5393
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,957
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

this thread now makes me sad
Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:59 AM   #5394
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
I know what you mean.

I just cannot seem to win with two pair this week.

I suppose they decided that I had to be doomswitched after my royal flush on Monday.
Or they noticed that you are starting to treat other people reasonably, and decided that you are bad shill .
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #5395
Pyromantha
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,228
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by burden2 View Post
That's your choice. I am not and have no reason to, nor am I convinced that pokerstars is in fact rigged in any way. But I have my doubts, as do pyro and that other guy even if they choose to think I am full of it instead of believing me.
Please don't ascribe beliefs to me that I do not hold. I do not have any doubts at all about the randomness of PokerStars shuffle.

I said that I doubted your Hand Histories were correct - the other possibility is that they are correct and that you encountered a 1 in 80,000 event (spadebidder's maths) and are just unlucky.
Pyromantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #5396
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromantha View Post
Please don't ascribe beliefs to me that I do not hold. I do not have any doubts at all about the randomness of PokerStars shuffle.

I said that I doubted your Hand Histories were correct - the other possibility is that they are correct and that you encountered a 1 in 80,000 event (spadebidder's maths) and are just unlucky.
Is full tilt rigged ? :-s I see everyone talking about stars, when they indeed are fair. What about full tilt ? I got pwnd yesterday (Like i do every day) in most pathetic way vs the same donkey 5 times all of them in the row. He betted into me and call my raise on the flop with bottom pair or small pocket pair and sucked out all the time ? Then i stoped playing against him, becouse he was to good for me .. He called me down with 66 on 77J board, and hitted a 6 on the river ? He called me down with 109os on AK10 board and sucked out on the river (vs top2), he called me down with 64os on Q48 board and made 2pair on the turn ? And to give it a final touch, he knocked me out with K10os vs AJ, flop camed A4K, he called my reraise on the flop, turn camed Q, he called my shove and rivered a J.
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #5397
NFuego20
Pooh-Bah
 
NFuego20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,295
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username^^ View Post
Is full tilt rigged ? :-s
no
NFuego20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #5398
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username^^ View Post
Or they noticed that you are starting to treat other people reasonably, and decided that you are bad shill .
I decided to see what happened if I treated Sooperfish as if he were a reasonable adult.

Sadly, much as I expected, he ignored it.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #5399
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username^^ View Post
Is full tilt rigged ?
Almost certainly not.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #5400
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Almost certainly not.
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive