Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #4201
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,035
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by burden2 View Post
His scope would indicate he is a lot better than me. But I have played enough to know when I am outmatched and really he had a somewhat straightforward 2 plus 2 reader style which I find I can combat. But he had a lot of clear leaks that he and I were even discussing during the match. I mean I know which type of boards he is going to double barrel, I know when he is opening up his 3 betting, I know when he asked me if I "soul read" him when I called his all-in with A rag (correctly, he had JQ of course and won) that he reads this forum and probably takes all the strategy advice and strives to play in a way which would be stamped as "standard" by the mandarins here. The problem with that is if you strive to be "standard" you will be leveled by someone like me so I enjoy playing the thinking 2 plus 2 crowd. But nonetheless maybe he was better than me but I doubt it and if he was its not by much. The point is this guy had no downswings. Some small break even stretches but......just looking at a small sample of his "luck" just made me suspicious. Small sample size yes but if you walked into a factory, picked up a random widget from the assembly line and it was defective would you think "small sample size" or would you think "wtf?".
Maybe next time choose opponents who are just bad instead of one that is probably better then you but you believe you have what it takes to bring the guy down. Given your reaction to losing a few buy ins that would seem a more prudent approach.

The fact you grew suspicious because a better player beat you a few times is not a great sign either. That is the first step toward blaming mystical dark forces for losing.

You saw the QQ hand that was posted and you seem experienced enough to know that that was simply horrid play and nothing more. You lost because you were out played, got a bit unlucky, or started to play worse when you got a couple of beats. Then you were ready to quit and started thinking something was up.


If someone came to you with that scenario what would you think of that player?




Quote:
Originally Posted by burden2 View Post
I am going to deposit at Cake this week if my research on it says its ok. I am not nearly ready to give up the dream of playing online instead of live, but for stars I have to say no mas. You win. I lose thousand dolllar pots all the time live and I say nice hand and rebuy knowing I am not going to tilt. Stars has me banging my armrests screaming "matherfacker" like KGB over 50 bucks because how many damn times in one day can someone get runner runner straight against your overpair, trips or set?
Being comfortable at the site you play at is important no matter what the reasoning is, but if you start believing in secret forces at work when you lose that belief will carry on to every site and every loss and then you will eventually become the guy who posted the QQ hand or Scooper. Is that where you want to end up?

Better luck.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:23 PM   #4202
burden2
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 969
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I lucked into a couple hundred playing the free (fpp tourneys) at stars after my withdrawal so played one match today. Same thing. Lost with trips top kicker vs. flopped straight. What am I supposed to do? playing a very aggressive player no getting away and I have the boss kicker. Then I catch him later with KQ on a K high board he bluffs me all in and catches running straight cards to finish me off. I just had to laugh because its like wow it literally just keeps going and going. This is what happens when I sit down to play just one match.

The QQ hand was played extremely poorly and trust me if I ever lost a hand in that manner I would be beating myself up not pointing the finger.

What I am going to do, for my own curiosity, is dig deep through my hand histories and see what is really up and try to be objective about it. I will come back with some summary statistics. This will take weeks since I don't use tracking software and will only be working on it intermittently. However it might prove instructional.

I hate being a rigtard with respect to pokerstars but it's a close call between that and being a damn fool who can't see when he is being obviously cheated. Cards can be wicked and variance is a *****. We all know that. But playing poker should not make you feel like your Sonny at the tollbooth (Godfather reference) every time you sit down to play.
burden2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #4203
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,035
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by burden2 View Post
I lucked into a couple hundred playing the free (fpp tourneys) at stars after my withdrawal so played one match today. Same thing. Lost with trips top kicker vs. flopped straight. What am I supposed to do?

Maybe play without your full bankroll on the line each time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by burden2 View Post
playing a very aggressive player no getting away and I have the boss kicker. Then I catch him later with KQ on a K high board he bluffs me all in and catches running straight cards to finish me off. I just had to laugh because its like wow it literally just keeps going and going. This is what happens when I sit down to play just one match.
If you play way above what your bankroll allows then a sequence of bad luck as "long" as 2 to 3 matches will crush it. Maybe avoid that scenario in future since it is bound to happen (if it did not that match we would not hear anything about it until it did)



Quote:
Originally Posted by burden2 View Post
The QQ hand was played extremely poorly and trust me if I ever lost a hand in that manner I would be beating myself up not pointing the finger.
And yet many riggedologists will point to that as proof it is rigged. If you start believing in all of these mystical things you will become that. If you play within your bankroll you can handle the short term variance swings.



Quote:
Originally Posted by burden2 View Post
What I am going to do, for my own curiosity, is dig deep through my hand histories and see what is really up and try to be objective about it. I will come back with some summary statistics. This will take weeks since I don't use tracking software and will only be working on it intermittently. However it might prove instructional.
Reasonable, though also consider bankroll and emotional control issues as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by burden2 View Post
I hate being a rigtard with respect to pokerstars but it's a close call between that and being a damn fool who can't see when he is being obviously cheated. Cards can be wicked and variance is a *****. We all know that. But playing poker should not make you feel like your Sonny at the tollbooth (Godfather reference) every time you sit down to play.
If you feel the world is out to get you at Stars when you lose it will happen eventually at every other network once you lose a couple of matches there as well, so decide in advance if riggedology is a faith you wish to practice or not. You are at the decision point in that right now.

Good luck.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #4204
dbcooper279
old hand
 
dbcooper279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Under 23ft of water
Posts: 1,678
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
Over a million in total. Over 500k on PS atleast.
So which one are you:

KingKuba
5dwdr
dbcooper279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #4205
Nice Try
banned
 
Nice Try's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Your GF's Crevices.. ha!
Posts: 340
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Attention Everyone!: Internet Poker IS IN FACT RIGGED! I'M WITHDRAWING ALL MY MONEY RIGHT NOW AND NEVER GOING TO GRIND AGAIN! I PLAYED A 3-6 OFF AND LOST WITH BOTTOM PAIR! I'M QUITTING ALL INTERNET GAMBLING AND ONLY PLAYING LIVE BECAUSE "NO BAD BEATS HAPPEN LIVE.... DUH!"

LMFAO

J/k JFK!!! LMFAO

These nits still don't get it.
Nice Try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #4206
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
Do you see how often Durrrr gets in bad and wins. lol
Is HSP rigged too?
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #4207
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by otatop View Post
Is HSP rigged too?
Durrrr is clearly a bot.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:20 AM   #4208
LVGambler
banned
 
LVGambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EXIT42O
Posts: 4,884
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

M u s t.. n o t.. r e a d this thread.. this thread.. this thread a n y m o r e!

Lower i n g m y I Q a s I t y p e . . . O h s h * t !!!

R i gg e d t a r d s ta k i n g o v e r m y
LVGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:44 AM   #4209
too many beers
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 42
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo_Boy View Post
Like the trash you just posted again. If you are going to throw about wild accusations of scams and conspiracies stop sitting on the fence and pretending you're not a rigatrd





Oh no, you're the voice of reason aren't you.

i have never accused anyone of anything , find it in a thread ive posted and put it here , you are batting for 0 boy

here ill start you off , want me to accuse someone of something ? ok you sir are an idiot



rigtard ? as in ****** ? a defamatory remark , i expect no less from someone called boy

if you actually had the intelligence to read through the posts and understand words and meanings as in not know what chocolate used for sex was and tried to get 2 year old cheap shot troll and now try to defend yourself with me posting what trash ? we where throwing out possibilities , what ifs and buts ? you know contemplation ? can you understand that BOY ?

i have a voice of reason in my head its telling me that having you understand any sort of debate or argument or throwing out ideas would be the same as training a golden retriever to fly to boston and back while playing a banjo


cant wait for your next intelligent reply BOY , try some plagiarism , it might help you to sounding above a 2 year old


those who have no idea yell loudest

Last edited by too many beers; 06-05-2009 at 06:11 AM.
too many beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:47 AM   #4210
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,337
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I was driving to 7-11 for a snack last night. 4/6 lights were red, and I was a big favourite at 3 of them. Rigged, obv.

Then on the way home 0/4 were red lights. I think I figured out the algorithm.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:51 AM   #4211
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,131
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by too many beers View Post
rigtard ? as in ****** ? a defamatory remark , i expect no less from someone called boy

if you actually had the intelligence
Obviously the username "too many beers" is pump full of sophistication.

"Rigtard" has been around for ages.
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #4212
too many beers
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 42
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoogle View Post
Obviously the username "too many beers" is pump full of sophistication.

"Rigtard" has been around for ages.
s





i know it has , ive enjoyed this thread , enjoyed some debates , except for bingo , he comes in swinging with something that backfires on him , then edits posts to make himself look good if no one reads back and i was saying that rigtard coming from his mouth sounds defamatory



i dont know why BOY gets all uppity about the subject , its like when i mentioned a mayor on some island i offended him somehow , maybe he rode a donkey there once

Last edited by too many beers; 06-05-2009 at 06:23 AM.
too many beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:25 AM   #4213
nyczwillz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 226
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

post-flop / action flop!
nyczwillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #4214
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadebidder View Post
When two players with pocket pairs see the flop, 1 out of 99 times they will both flop sets.

The KQ with A flopped here, will then runner runner his straight 1 out of 56 times given the known hole cards (so 8/43 to turn then 4/42 to river).

So the three way event will happen 1 out of (99x56) = 1/5544 given the hole card ranks you started with.

Not really all that long odds in poker, 1/5544 board events happens oh, about every 2 minutes or so on a high volume site.

So your point was...?
You're wasting your time.

Before I got bored and gave up I was just taking the p1ss out of the rigtards, but before that I used to post things like the above.

Of course, that alerted supperdish and tk1133 to the fact that I must be a shill.

At the moment I'm having more fun playing poker and indulging in other activities, but ...


I'll be back!
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #4215
Nice Try
banned
 
Nice Try's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Your GF's Crevices.. ha!
Posts: 340
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFelt View Post
Durrrr is clearly a bot.

So True. Matter of fact hes a mentat. Look it up. haha
Nice Try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:59 AM   #4216
K13
banned
 
K13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 531
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Will PS send all my hand histories if I e-mail them?

I don't have all of them on this computer.

All people defending the BS is like the couple people who at a table who were defending crap when I said Ace rags win too often against PP after my Kings lost, next my queens lost and next and next, so we continue to watch and the dude just gave up and said maybe you are right lol

Its so ****en bull**** how you can have KK, QQ lost to Ax hand after hand after hand.

That's actually the biggest flaw in the PS RNG along with flush draws, you play somewhere else and the RNG plays completely different. So which is "random"?
K13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:59 AM   #4217
nyczwillz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 226
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

A Mentat is a profession or discipline in Frank Herbert's fictional Dune universe. Mentats are humans trained to mimic computers: human minds developed to staggering heights of cognitive and analytical ability.

Very true.
nyczwillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:00 AM   #4218
nyczwillz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 226
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I know if you email saying theres a error, they can check all your hand histories and things like how much you went into a table with and how much you left with. I'm sure they have a hand history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
Will PS send all my hand histories if I e-mail them?

I don't have all of them on this computer.

All people defending the BS is like the couple people who at a table who were defending crap when I said Ace rags win too often against PP after my Kings lost, next my queens lost and next and next, so we continue to watch and the dude just gave up and said maybe you are right lol

Its so ****en bull**** how you can have KK, QQ lost to Ax hand after hand after hand.

That's actually the biggest flaw in the PS RNG along with flush draws, you play somewhere else and the RNG plays completely different. So which is "random"?
nyczwillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #4219
scotthog
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 50
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
I was driving to 7-11 for a snack last night. 4/6 lights were red, and I was a big favourite at 3 of them. Rigged, obv.

Then on the way home 0/4 were red lights. I think I figured out the algorithm.
Video or it didn't happen!!
scotthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #4220
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
Will PS send all my hand histories if I e-mail them?

I don't have all of them on this computer.
the very fact that you don't store all your hand histories as a rule pretty much guarantees you're not a reliable source of information on this subject.

but yeah, they'll email 'em to ya if you ask.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #4221
K13
banned
 
K13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 531
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
the very fact that you don't store all your hand histories as a rule pretty much guarantees you're not a reliable source of information on this subject.

but yeah, they'll email 'em to ya if you ask.
I have them but PT does not work on my computer so I wanted them sent to my e-mail or something so I can upload them to a different computer.

Just as I'm typing this, AA vs A3, damn i should be so happy but no I'm already thinking, working your magic PS.

Yup no surprise. But I was probably like 54% to win the hand going by their RNG.
K13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #4222
K13
banned
 
K13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 531
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

you can't even ****en play poker on PS even when you know what people have.

Another KK lost to Ax.

EDIT

and another and another

stop ****en defending this ****. Its beyond ****en probabilites.
K13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #4223
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I think they pick on you because of your atrocious posts.

In fact, even though I can't prove it, I'm sure it's true. There's definitely a pattern, and I doubt I'm the only one who can see it.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #4224
K13
banned
 
K13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 531
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
I think they pick on you because of your atrocious posts.

In fact, even though I can't prove it, I'm sure it's true. There's definitely a pattern, and I doubt I'm the only one who can see it.
Its not even me, its 90% + of people who think this. Ask a poll from everyone and everywhere.

All you'll say, is the usual blah blah, they must be losing players , not enough hands, variance, etc.

Its BS.

People who barely play poker and watch me for a little while. That looks so fixed/rigged/whatever. "Maybe you should stop playing with AA, KK, QQ because all they do is lose"

Now, myself, I want to believe its "real" and i'm playing real poker and making good decisions. I actually thought that in the beginning but the more you play the less "random" it is. Things don't add up long term like they should.

You know how fast these fish would be cleaned out if it was 100% legit.
K13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #4225
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
Its not even me, its 90% + of people who think this. Ask a poll from everyone and everywhere.
did you just make up that statistic (like your poker "data") or did a fellow Rigtard say it once and you took it as truth?
Quote:
People who barely play poker and watch me for a little while. That looks so fixed/rigged/whatever.
oh good, you got some experts to weigh in too.
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive