Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,445 34.94%
No 5,522 56.00%
Undecided 893 9.06%
Voters: 9860. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #3251
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,140
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

You guys needs to learn how to multiquote.
DMoogle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #3252
Bingo_Boy
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,872
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I already answered that before you could ask...look at where I wrote underneath it...Thanks for trying to jump on the band wagon. This the only place you can find friends?
I haven't "jumped on the bandwagon", I've been laughing at you from the start, i'm just one of the few who havent been accused of "shilling" (yet).

And you havent "answered" anything, you are just randomly posting anything from the internet that you think supports your ranting. Most people agree that rigging is probably possible (though not economically feasible or practical) and everyone agrees online poker should be regulated. If this is all you're trying to say, you've done it, well done.

If you're also trying trying illustrate that the deal is rigged, you need to trawl the internet for some more random opinions and pointless hand histories and post as many of them as possible, preferbaly with a smug sense of satisfaction to make sure we understand
Bingo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #3253
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoogle View Post
You guys needs to learn how to multiquote.
No, I want to see just how fast we can grow this thread.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #3254
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
He said I inadvertantly admitted to owing a site money....Therefore I'm not credible and I'm a criminal? That means I accidently admitted to owing a site money? Or let it slip out that I owe a site money...I started that post by saying I will "admit".....
What was inadvertant was you evident belief that you could come on here and mention your criminality and no one would care.

It just shows that you have no moral compass whatsoever.

But surely you can pay the site back with the money RealDeal pay you to shill on this site?
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #3255
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

To get out of a hole, first stop digging.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #3256
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

lol donkaments. Full tilt is rigged.
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #3257
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I didn't delete that post...I admitted that it's possible to owe a site money with out any shady or malicious activity b/c the OP was being denounced for owing a site money. Admitted, didn't slip out. But let's reflect. When Echecks became available to Stars, I quit using epassporte(before the banned it) and jumped on the new deposit option. Well I made about, I dunno, 8 or 9 deposits in a 21 day period. All being atleast 3 days apart. Stars clearly stated that echecks will clear your bank account within ten business days. Literally 21 business days later all the deposits that I had made for that month cleared my bank account at one time on the same date. I had about
2k clear my bank account in one day and was withdrawing my profit from the month to my eppassporte account. Which is why things didn't balence out. I dont' wish PSTARS any bad press, so I never bothered to start any trouble. Was simply very unhappy with their support and their conduct. I had over a grand in overdraft fees....and pissed off my credit union beyond repair...In the mean time 150 dollars got messed up from fulltilt poker echecks. Whom I am in good standing w/ now. I miss pokerstars, and any one of their reps can verify this....I just had one bad incident when Stars was first getting familiar with Echecks....Thanks for wasting our time with that irrelevent information tho....
If you owe them money and don't intend to pay it's stealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Guess what, PokerStars emails me once a week to "restore my account."
They want the money you took from them would be my guess.
batair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #3258
TiltRaider
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethepro View Post
after giving this much thought and reviewing your evidence, i agree with you.

i suggest we give up together. what time will you be giving up poker, so i can coordinate and also give up at the same time? i would prefer it to be after friday, b/c i feel that my aces almost always hold up on thursdays (although my kings are breakeven that day). on fridays if my dog watches me i do well.

or maybe i can give up on all days BUT thursdays and fridays.

we'll work out a semi retirement. pm me.
Am new to the forum and just browsing but have to say thankyou for this post as it made me cress up with laughter.
TiltRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #3259
papajoey21
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 18
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Its all rigged, rigged rigged rigged.The proof will come within 2 years and you will be shocked when you see who leaks it! It will be a blockbuster and all accounts on all sites will freeze and disappear...more to follow
papajoey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:45 AM   #3260
Markusgc
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Markusgc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Noodles, Hockey & Punk Rock!
Posts: 8,788
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Steven Meres said online poker's deals were rigged and basicly: come play on my site that is "legit." I don't care where anybody plays, I'm not on here to prove online poker is rigged...frankly I don't care about the past. I think about the future. I'm not on a crusade to say or prove that's it's rigged. That's the difference between me and shills...
Mr. TK Sir,

This is without a doubt your best post. I appreciate your spelling out your position clearly and hope you continue on this track.

Your Pal,
Mark
Markusgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:50 AM   #3261
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusgc View Post
Mr. TK Sir,

This is without a doubt your best post. I appreciate your spelling out your position clearly and hope you continue on this track.

Your Pal,
Mark
I don't like what this modding thing has done to you.
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:38 AM   #3262
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Again this leads me to question whether you actually play poker at all.

Post a hand qpw? What site do you play, limits? tourneys?

I dont think you can because you just shill all day dont you?

I asked you first shill and ive asked you this before.
Still waiting qpw?

I asked you first and Ive asked you before.

btw I know your just being a tool saying I shill for Real Deal but if I was why havent I mentioned Real Deal in all my 500 or so posts in the last 6 months or whatever.

Answer the question.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:42 AM   #3263
SooperFish24
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,028
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
I don't like what this modding thing has done to you.
I know I miss those Ice Cream Sandwiches and Dinosaur pics Mark. Post a few, go on it ll be like the old days.
SooperFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:43 AM   #3264
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,394
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
tk, who do you propose would be paying them for this? Is there some Internet Poker cabal that pools money from all the sites and pays them? Do you have some actual proof for your ridiculous accusations?
Those aren't the right questions.
Um, yes, they are. You've accused people of being paid to post in this thread, and I've asked you to prove it. Of course, rather than doing so, you've sidestepped the question. And then later asked them to prove they don't work for a poker site. How the **** do you propose they do that? Would you like them to invite you to shadow them 24 hours a day for a few months? You've made the accusation, you need to prove it or stop making it.

And LOL at you responding seriously to the "Real Deal" stuff. You seriously don't understand what they're doing? You can't see they're just twisting around your techniques and using them against you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Why would somebody advocate something so much that's just a regular poker player like us? What benefits do we gain from their crusade? What benefits are they gaining?
I used to do this all the time too. I finally got tired of arguing with people that refused to listen to reason. I guess they haven't. I did it because all of the rigtards that start the "poker is rigged" threads with no evidence hurt online poker in several ways:

1) They make it more difficult for anyone else who actually has some real evidence, but is now more likely to get shouted down right away.

2) They create an environment where these people are unwilling to post, because they see the massive arguments that have erupted.

3) They may be scaring players away from the game for no reason.

4) They make truly shady sites like Cereus seem like the norm. "Well, if all online poker is rigged, I might as well play at Cereus. They have good bonuses".

I'm sure there's lots more I can't think of right now, as it's 2:37 and I'm tired.

Just to give you an idea of what we're up against and why I gave up - several months back, one of these stupid threads started up again. This was when we had several per week. But the interesting thing was that some actual discussion of real evidence started happening. So I took that thread, which started off with the usual rigtard crap, and pulled out the good stuff. I started a new "Data Analysis" thread and put all the good stuff in it. Of course, a month or two later, it died.

Sick of all the rigtard threads every week, I started merging them all together into this monstrosity we have here. Surprise, surprise, it's been a huge hit.

The rigtards have no interest in actual discussions involving logic or reason. Or evidence. They have no interest in actually doing anything about the problem they perceive. They just want somewhere that they can climb to the top of the mountain and yell "IT'S RIGGED!!!!". So, that's what we've given them. Enjoy!
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:51 AM   #3265
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,140
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I always focus on #3 of that list, but they're all good points and I never even thought about #4.

There should be a mod note in bold on the top of the first page for newbies that simply says something like: "Note: This thread doesn't contain any meaningful information, and you're probably better off not looking at it."

On a different but somewhat related subject, Penn & Teller: Bull****! is an awesome show.
DMoogle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:06 AM   #3266
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
Still waiting qpw?

I asked you first and Ive asked you before.

btw I know your just being a tool saying I shill for Real Deal but if I was why havent I mentioned Real Deal in all my 500 or so posts in the last 6 months or whatever.

Answer the question.
Obviously a RealDeal shill would not actually make a big point of mentioning the site. That would cause suspicion.

And you haven't mentioned the site.

Which just proves that you are a shill for them

Now, please tell us how much they are paying you.

Do you get paid per post or by the amount of responses you generate? Do you get extra if someone mentions RealDeal in a response?

Can we share some of that income as I've now mentioned them a few times?
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:29 AM   #3267
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

realdeal poker is rigged
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:35 AM   #3268
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,099
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Can we just change the title of the thread to "The great You Are a Shill debate"

Actually, leave the great part out.


Any chance we can get back to some actual data by spade, or on the flip side some "mind control" style sinister rigged beliefs based on 2 hands from memory instead? Then qpw can do 10-50 responses that are more in line with what this thread is supposed to be about.

I highly doubt this type of discussion has any real impact on whether players sign up or not, and it is fun to see what new and creative conspiracies can be hatched.


Thanks.

P.S. Bobo's first point is especially true. All of the noise rigtards make tend to ironically distract from genuine threats that take place like collusion and bots and fraud, and they do make it harder or anyone with actual data of cheating to be taken seriously at first.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #3269
otatop
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: unstuckpolitics.com
Posts: 12,727
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperFish24 View Post
btw I know your just being a tool saying I shill for Real Deal but if I was why havent I mentioned Real Deal in all my 500 or so posts in the last 6 months or whatever.
This logic is breathtaking.
otatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #3270
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Um, yes, they are. You've accused people of being paid to post in this thread, and I've asked you to prove it. Of course, rather than doing so, you've sidestepped the question. And then later asked them to prove they don't work for a poker site. How the **** do you propose they do that? Would you like them to invite you to shadow them 24 hours a day for a few months? You've made the accusation, you need to prove it or stop making it.

And LOL at you responding seriously to the "Real Deal" stuff. You seriously don't understand what they're doing? You can't see they're just twisting around your techniques and using them against you?


I used to do this all the time too. I finally got tired of arguing with people that refused to listen to reason. I guess they haven't. I did it because all of the rigtards that start the "poker is rigged" threads with no evidence hurt online poker in several ways:

1) They make it more difficult for anyone else who actually has some real evidence, but is now more likely to get shouted down right away.

2) They create an environment where these people are unwilling to post, because they see the massive arguments that have erupted.

3) They may be scaring players away from the game for no reason.

4) They make truly shady sites like Cereus seem like the norm. "Well, if all online poker is rigged, I might as well play at Cereus. They have good bonuses".

I'm sure there's lots more I can't think of right now, as it's 2:37 and I'm tired.

Just to give you an idea of what we're up against and why I gave up - several months back, one of these stupid threads started up again. This was when we had several per week. But the interesting thing was that some actual discussion of real evidence started happening. So I took that thread, which started off with the usual rigtard crap, and pulled out the good stuff. I started a new "Data Analysis" thread and put all the good stuff in it. Of course, a month or two later, it died.

Sick of all the rigtard threads every week, I started merging them all together into this monstrosity we have here. Surprise, surprise, it's been a huge hit.

The rigtards have no interest in actual discussions involving logic or reason. Or evidence. They have no interest in actually doing anything about the problem they perceive. They just want somewhere that they can climb to the top of the mountain and yell "IT'S RIGGED!!!!". So, that's what we've given them. Enjoy!
I couldn't agree with you more. But here's my point. I've written to other mods. even Sklansky himself. A lot of the arguements I post, aren't neccessarily my views or opinions. It's how it's sited as the impossible. That every single poker site would not or could not cheat or let other players cheat on their sites. It's like this, if you give me a reason or somebody else an answer that doesn't make sense and is misleading, we deserve a real credible answer from real poker players such as yourself, mark and others. I've said it many times before, if certain people wouldn't make ridiculous claims and arguements, my post count wouldn't equal a third of what it is now. Come on comparing the "thought" of online poker not being comprimised in any way is along the lines of aliens, big foot, the easter bunny and santa clause? Your points about why you hate rigtards with no evidence I couldnt agree with you more. But how can we have a logical and civil discussion when as soon as somebody comes here to "test the waters" on their speculation, immediatly get ridiculed and called a losing player.
My recent posts aren't about proving online poker is rigged. So in Mark's defense, I apologized and explained to him that most of what I post maybe true(or false), that I am simply responding and reacting to irrational logic and tactics by some users. It's a debate. Bringing discussions to the table, and analyzing any underlining arguement. If I come out and say that it kinda defeats my whole purpose. But seeing as people are being denounced for siding with me about an overall view, I think it needs to be made aware of....
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #3271
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,099
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. But here's my point. I've written to other mods. even Sklansky himself. A lot of the arguements I post, aren't neccessarily my views or opinions. It's how it's sited as the impossible. That every single poker site would not or could not cheat or let other players cheat on their sites. It's like this, if you give me a reason or somebody else an answer that doesn't make sense and is misleading, we deserve a real credible answer from real poker players such as yourself, mark and others. I've said it many times before, if certain people wouldn't make ridiculous claims and arguements, my post count wouldn't equal a third of what it is now. Come on comparing the "thought" of online poker not being comprimised in any way is along the lines of aliens, big foot, the easter bunny and santa clause? Your points about why you hate rigtards with no evidence I couldnt agree with you more. But how can we have a logical and civil discussion when as soon as somebody comes here to "test the waters" on their speculation, immediatly get ridiculed and called a losing player.
My recent posts aren't about proving online poker is rigged. So in Mark's defense, I apologized and explained to him that most of what I post maybe true(or false), that I am simply responding and reacting to irrational logic and tactics by some users. It's a debate. Bringing discussions to the table, and analyzing any underlining arguement. If I come out and say that it kinda defeats my whole purpose. But seeing as people are being denounced for siding with me about an overall view, I think it needs to be made aware of....

How would anyone ever be able to satisfy your proof conditions of the following

Disprove that xxx is impossible

You can literally fill in xxx with any theory, in your case it is the following

Disprove that online poker rooms being rigged is impossible.

Cannot be done.


Similarly, disprove that it is impossible for aliens to exist among us cannot be done.



The reason why it gets compared to aliens and all sorts of things is because that is the exact same flawed methodology those believers use when faced with doubts. Ask someone to disprove a negative, which is impossible.


Prove aliens exist. No, you disprove that it is possible that they may exist

Prove online poker is rigged. No, you disprove that it is possible for it to not be rigged in any way.


You keep wondering why you get no answers to your "questions" but your questions have an inherent logic flaw within them making them pointless to even try to answer.

Still, if you have any idea how your requests can be answered to your satisfaction please lay out the terms.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #3272
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

It's not about proving or disproving anything. It's about making sure it can't and won't happen. And if any kind of cheating takes place by players or companys' then they're held accountable...No harm no foul right? Why's the such a big deal. For you guys to downplay the situation, sends across the messege to everybody that online poker doesn't need a higher authority protecting US players b/c people that question security wear tinfoil hats?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #3273
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,099
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
It's not about proving or disproving anything. It's about making sure it can't and won't happen. And if any kind of cheating takes place by players or companys' then they're held accountable...No harm no foul right? Why's the such a big deal. For you guys to downplay the situation, sends across the messege to everybody that online poker doesn't need a higher authority protecting US players b/c people that question security wear tinfoil hats?
How would anyone ever be able to meet these conditions to your satisfaction. They are vague and undefined.

Complete this

To make sure it can't and won't happen, the following needs to be done:


You take this issue seriously, tell us how to do exactly what you say needs to be done. You do not have to do any of the work, simply say what work has to be done by others to make sure " it can't and won't happen."

Good luck with answering that.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:39 AM   #3274
vkhorn
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 12
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Rigged lovers are great. Puts a smile on my face.
vkhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:39 AM   #3275
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
It's not about proving or disproving anything. It's about making sure it can't and won't happen. And if any kind of cheating takes place by players or companys' then they're held accountable...No harm no foul right? Why's the such a big deal.
Because you are trying to get a government that has shown its utter ineptitude (along with a lot of other governments) at regulating something as serious and important as the banking system to start poking its nose into something with which a lot of people are more or less happy - at least if they pick the right site.

Trying to get governments to regulate something for which there is no pressing need (unlike, for example, drugs and and finance) is like inviting them to open a can of worms.

And it would be poker plaers who would suffer the consequences.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive