Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,445 34.94%
No 5,522 56.00%
Undecided 893 9.06%
Voters: 9860. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #301
STRIKE2CALLED
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 329
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

full tilt poker is definitely rigged!! omg.. i had a pocket queens, and the guy calls me with an ace six and it comes 2 3 mother ****ing 4 5... obv rigged
STRIKE2CALLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #302
STRIKE2CALLED
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 329
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

ME AND MY FRIEND... WE PLAY ALL THE TIME.. WE ARE GOOD PLAYERS... WE CALL OUT THE CARDS

BUT EVVVVVVVERY ****EN TIME... IT COMES DOWN TO A BAD BEAT!
STRIKE2CALLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #303
STRIKE2CALLED
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 329
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

and that brings me to my next point


FULL TILT POKER IS FULLY RIGGED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r89tSAxAu0c

my names WHATSAFLOP.... ILL BE BACK!
STRIKE2CALLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #304
otter
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,327
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

yes to all questions
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #305
kamkam420
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

Wow I love this subject are pokersites rigged how can one assume that they are. Then run off programs and bad beats are bad beats. Has anyone put into account that there are like 10000 hands every few seconds, so no one could even figure out the math to this....... 10000*60=600000 hands (at least)in a minute so odds are gonna change dramaticly every hand and as some one said before that our memory only remembers that when we get a bad beat and not when we issue one to another. I personally thought that like 5 or 6 years ago then realized about the math of a million hands every 2 mins. And now see that its luck and it sucks when we get then beats. But remember its POKER
kamkam420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #306
skylynesr
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: US
Posts: 260
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

I didn't know that FUlltilt is Rig....
skylynesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:58 AM   #307
chuckybrown7
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 20
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

after getting beat with AK vs A7 with a 4 card straight to the 7 then AQ vs A6 and getting beat by a 4 card str and then get AQ vs AK where i hit a 4 card str and lastly getting beat with AA vs 88 where i was under the gun and 3x and insta called in the bb, to see a flop of 558 and check raised all in. all in just 77 hands, i decided to come on this forum and see if anyoneone else thought it was rigged, sure enough about 6 threads down i saw this.

i mean this site is unreal. does the favorite ever win?

i read about 7 pages and then skipped the end. i cant believe how stupid some of the comments are, like:

why would a multi million dollar company rig a site? well jave u ever heard of enron? or absolute poker or ivan boskey? the rig it cause the can, and because they are greedy.

also this whole, "its human nature to only remember the bad and not the good". wait a second teh orginal poster said he lost with aces six times in a row, so what you are saying is u dont believe him? he stated this as a fact, he didnt say, well i think i lost around 6 times in a row over the past 5 months. it all happened in one session. i know for a fact, as per poker traker, that i lost 6 out of 12 times with aces. i was 14 out of 15 winning with AK, but i am just saying. it does happen, but it is crazy.

anyway, maybe teh people that dont think its rigged always go in as the dog??

i actually like making bad calls on full tilt, i usually win those. enjoy the post
chuckybrown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:29 AM   #308
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,394
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybrown7 View Post
i mean this site is unreal. does the favorite ever win?
Nope. Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybrown7 View Post
also this whole, "its human nature to only remember the bad and not the good". wait a second teh orginal poster said he lost with aces six times in a row, so what you are saying is u dont believe him?
By saying it's human nature to remember the bad and not the good, they're saying it's human nature to remember the bad and not the good. Or has he only played 6 hands of poker ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybrown7 View Post
i know for a fact, as per poker traker, that i lost 6 out of 12 times with aces. i was 14 out of 15 winning with AK, but i am just saying. it does happen, but it is crazy.
I understand, you're just saying. I mean, only winning 20/27 with AA and AK, that's crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybrown7 View Post
anyway, maybe teh people that dont think its rigged always go in as the dog??

i actually like making bad calls on full tilt, i usually win those. enjoy the post
I wasn't a believer before, but your 77 hand sample has convinced me. I'll never play at FT again.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #309
HoldTyt
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 23
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

thread delivers
HoldTyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:36 AM   #310
ervinsantana
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

Full tilt is rigged!

He says so. (and so do 90% of the comments)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r89tSAxAu0c
ervinsantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #311
ervinsantana
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

**** full tilt.

why do hands that should win 90% of the time win about 50%.

I dont have this problem LIVE...from now on....no more online poker for me.

Only bet on sports online!
ervinsantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:43 AM   #312
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,394
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervinsantana View Post
Full tilt is rigged!

He says so. (and so do 90% of the comments)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r89tSAxAu0c
Hai there, welcome to 7 posts ago.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #313
scottyclark
banned
 
scottyclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in dark places
Posts: 1,143
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYOFFS View Post
life is rigged, get over it
OMG! An online poker is rigged thread! David Huber DOES NOT allow such things in other places and times. I cannot speak about FTP, as I just have started there, nut I am an authority about ULTIMATE BET based on some low limit tournament grinding I have done there lately.

(NOV 01-SEP 07) 3044 Tournaments - $12.71 Ave.Buyin - 50.29 % ROI

Ten months of heavy play, 7 TLB wins and $9900 profit on the TLB promotion, and a net of $34K. My strategy was to eliminate variance and multi-table tournaments to break even or win. My biggest losing month? $2100 and my best month was over $10,000. I also have nearly 20000 hours of live experience before I found online poker. May I speak? From a grinding perspective?

Is it rigged? How is it rigged? Is UB tournament programming rigged? Does FTP tournaments play out similarly? What are the differences and similarities between FTP and AP/UB and PS? Is the live play experience necessary to see programming tendencies that exist in low limit MTTs? Topics should include alternate periods, rebuy and bounty play, blind play, bubble play, small stack attacks, and ‘making your opponent laydown’. Basically, I altered my play due to the programming and changed my deposit and withdrawal methods also. I’m not the only UB tournament player that was doing these things. Many theories abound... If I thought we could have a discussion about this subject, it could have maybe been constructive. <post tinfoil hat now>

03-03-2008, 12:15 PM
BY: degeneratedonk - Guest

Disclaimer: Don't even attempt to read this if you're under the age of 25 because you're lost. There are those of us suspicious that Stars, among other sites, may be using some sort of coding in their Software/RNG/Algorithm to ensure that bad players, AKA fish, are catching more cards than they should in their ongoing pot-odds disdaining odysseys. The motivation for such an outright hustle and fraud--would be two-fold:

1. To ensure plenty of funds continue to circulate at the low stakes where most of the "fish" play, rather than be withdrawn by the grinds who tend not to engage in hot pursuit of the case ace
2. To ensure those fish have long life so the largest school of them generate the highest possible rake out of those recirculated funds already chopped.

Personally I believe if any shenanigans are in play, it's strictly at the low stakes; Anyway this is just a THEORY, not an outright ACCUSATION, and there is unfortunately no way to prove or disprove anything of this nature, the main reason being for as long as they've been in operation all of the major sites have declined to open their servers and software to scrutiny by a viable third-party auditor/watch dog. But heck, don't take my word for it, ask our resident consumer advocate Michael Josem about this. He put up a whole website on the subject (and shortly thereafter was hired by Poker Stars).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitLeagues View Post
the majority of 2p2ers act like its impossible that the sites rig their RNGs.
Ask self! ‘Self, wouldn’t I be more surprised that online RNGs were ‘on the level’ as opposed to NOT being on the level. AND so mote it be…

Enjoy!

Last edited by scottyclark; 10-04-2008 at 10:22 AM.
scottyclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #314
too eazy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
too eazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: triple beam dreamin'
Posts: 8,082
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

I'm not surprised by the amount of vastly unintelligent people who think they are intelligent and are in denial about their own poker abilities.

What does surprise me, is their ongoing epic quest to "inform" a bunch of people, who know that they are dead money morons, that online poker is rigged, despite the clear fact that just about nobody wants to hear it.

Why can't they just keep their thoughts to themselves?

I just picture them having these dreams of leading the crusade and finally proving the sites are rigged!

I think it's common sense that if ANY sites were rigged, especially the ones that have been around for 5+ years, somebody would probably figure it out. Let alone the fact that not one of these goons has bothered to collect a meaningful hand sample and prove their theory using anything remotely resembling any scientific method.
too eazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #315
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,097
Re: Is Full Tilt rigged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by too eazy View Post
I'm not surprised by the amount of vastly unintelligent people who think they are intelligent and are in denial about their own poker abilities.

What does surprise me, is their ongoing epic quest to "inform" a bunch of people, who know that they are dead money morons, that online poker is rigged, despite the clear fact that just about nobody wants to hear it.

Why can't they just keep their thoughts to themselves?

Fairly simple need for validation combined with a lack of emotional control. Add to the mix the need to get back at the sites that "did them wrong" because they (good players in their mind) lost to "fish."

I just wish some of these guys would at least put some thought into their rigged theories before spewing them. Most offered would be insanely easy to prove if true (ie: flushes hit too much, action flops whatever). It's like a 5 foot 6 guy claiming he is 7 foot 1. Maybe try to get people to believe 5 foot 7 first.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #316
gfm198
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11
PKR is rigged!!

That's right, after over 200 hours of playing micro limits I have absolutely no doubt that the cards are rigged for the crap players!



I have been a winning player all my life (since a little kid!!) at live games playing stud poker and texas hold'em. Even without having read a book on the subject.



After registering with pkr about two months ago I decided to read up on texas hold'em got four books two beginners, a Phil Helmuth and Brunsons super system 2 book.



However, the more I study and the more I play the more I lose. Now I don't consider myself out of my depth at these low level stakes but why do I keep losing? There can only be one answer the site is rigged.



Why do I say this? Well I play a solid game, make some money and then lose all my profit and some more because someone has bet all the way to the river card massively against the pot odds and hits. This happens so often I would say that whenever I have 2 pairs or three of a kind I will lose 60-70% of the time to someone chasing the flush or straight. So much to the 1 in 3 chance of hitting!!



Perhaps I have become the unluckiest online player? I know you have variance but for certainly the last 160 hours of play I have become a pyshic having the ability to read the river card with ease!!



Lets face it if was not rigged all the donks would get stung a couple of times and never come back. But we all know they come back because they know damn well that chasing a straight or a flush is profitable not only because of the good chance of them hitting but because of the implied odds/profit.



No doubt I will get some saying otherwise, but I can only assume they have an invested interest in the sites.



Whether the other sites are the same I don't know, I can only talk about PKR cash games.



Be lucky!!
gfm198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #317
RoSeeker
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,008
Re: PKR is rigged!!

Quote:
Phil Helmuth and Brunsons super system 2 book.
This may be where you got it wrong.

Quote:
I have been a winning player all my life (since a little kid!!) at live games playing stud poker and texas hold'em.
Very bad players can do that too.

Quote:
Perhaps I have become the unluckiest online player?
You're talking to a community of avid poker players. You think you're unlucky? There are many players who have taken many more swings, many of which are far far far worse than yours, and this is from very good players as well, not you.

Quote:
because of the implied odds/profit
.
RoSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #318
Arecal
banned
 
Arecal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 223
Re: PKR is rigged!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfm
Perhaps I have become the unluckiest online player? I know you have variance but for certainly the last 160 hours of play I have become a pyshic having the ability to read the river card with ease!!
This is the pattern. I know exactly what you are talking about. And now a few who are in the conspiracy will come here and write "do you think PKR is after your micro limit dollars?". It's not about the couple dollars, it's about keeping the fish come back and keep the money divided by the players to rake them all over time.

Later when you get better, you will be able to read the turn and even the flop too. And, dont be so sure of it, but when you get as good as me, you can also read the preflop also known as hole cards before anyone has taken action.
Arecal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:32 PM   #319
DonkaDonuts
grinder
 
DonkaDonuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: uNL
Posts: 578
Re: PKR is rigged!!

Tell'em Ro!
DonkaDonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:39 PM   #320
ajmargarine
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ajmargarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: esoterica
Posts: 21,228
Re: PKR is rigged!!

You are currently in Stage 3 of your interwebz poker development grasshopper.

Stage 1 (discovery)- They have poker on the internet? Cool! Let me try it.
Stage 2 (success)- ZOMG, I am so good and these guys I play against are so bad, I'm gonna be a pro and I'm gonna get a Porsche and I'm gonna make a gajillion dollars and I'm gonna...
Stage 3 (post-setback)- This crap be rigged, yo.
Stage 4 (variamemory)- You know, it does look like it will all even out eventually. I forget the times my QQ beats AA but remember the times it happens the other way. I remember when they suckout on me but don't even think about the other 19 times where my hand held because he didn't suckout on me and he just folded and I never saw his cards.
Stage 5 (restart)-If I take this seriously and actually learn the games and improve and grow in knowledge, I could possibly make some coin at this stuff.
ajmargarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:40 PM   #321
Ice_W0lf
Tremendous
 
Ice_W0lf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I want to go to there..
Posts: 13,533
Re: PKR is rigged!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arecal View Post
This is the pattern. I know exactly what you are talking about. And now a few who are in the conspiracy will come here and write "do you think PKR is after your micro limit dollars?". It's not about the couple dollars, it's about keeping the fish come back and keep the money divided by the players to rake them all over time.

Later when you get better, you will be able to read the turn and even the flop too. And, dont be so sure of it, but when you get as good as me, you can also read the preflop also known as hole cards before anyone has taken action.
a) How is this guy not banned yet?

b) If you were able to tell the hands so well.. why would you say anything? You could go into cash games and mop them up... make easy money.
Ice_W0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 PM   #322
Demonic
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 938
Re: PKR is rigged!!

I would suggest using sick level tactics to chase all your straights and flushes then you will seem like a donk and own all the other players.

P.s how does the site know whos a donk and who isn't?
Demonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:44 PM   #323
RoSeeker
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,008
Re: PKR is rigged!!

Obviously they have their employees tracking the play of each player + sometimes hire detectives to find out whether you've read Phill Hellmuth's books or Super System 2 before.
RoSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:45 PM   #324
Coff
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Coff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phila. PA
Posts: 8,929
Re: PKR is rigged!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_W0lf View Post
a) How is this guy not banned yet?

b) If you were able to tell the hands so well.. why would you say anything? You could go into cash games and mop them up... make easy money.
Yo really, how is he not banned yet. This is 2 days in a row he is talking about some pattern. Arecal the op is talking about an entirely different website then you were talking about yesterday. So you think they both have the same "pattern"?
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:46 PM   #325
Coff
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Coff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phila. PA
Posts: 8,929
Re: PKR is rigged!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoSeeker View Post
Obviously they have their employees tracking the play of each player + sometimes hire detectives to find out whether you've read Phill Hellmuth's books or Super System 2 before.
I lol'ed
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive