Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

View Poll Results: Is Online Poker Rigged?
Yes 3,444 34.94%
No 5,522 56.02%
Undecided 892 9.05%
Voters: 9858. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #2651
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/57...47/index2.html
I will refer you to this link.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #2652
Weevil99
grinder
 
Weevil99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Waiting for an epiphany
Posts: 620
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K13 View Post
That's BS. I've played over 500k hands and it does not add up.
Do you use a tracker that allows you to write your own filters? If so, then decide what it is you think is wrong with the deal and design a filter to test your hypothesis. If you actually find something you think is a problem, post here about it.

You should understand, though, that you won't find much sympathy here if all you do is rant about how you "know" it's rigged. Every player has those thoughts at times (usually early in their online careers), but so far, everybody who has taken the time to do a proper analysis of whatever data they have has found nothing suspicious. Everybody who has taken the time to do the math has discovered that the cards pretty much come out random.

Nobody has shown up with any kind of evidence that any site is rigged. Ever. That's why so many people lose patience with these theories. We've heard it all before. Repeatedly. We've even felt that way ourselves at times. I think it's a natural result of the fact that we can't actually see the cards being handled and dealt by human beings combined with the fact that we occasionally have soul-crushing bad runs.

Here's the truth, though: there is no evidence of any kind of rigging and there are vast mountains of evidence that the game is fair. That's just the way it is. You can either accept that and get on with improving your game, or you can waste your time worrying about whether you're being cheated and never allow yourself to get any better.
Weevil99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #2653
spadebidder
Actually Shows Proof
 
spadebidder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: This looks interesting.
Posts: 7,906
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Well said.

/thread

Last edited by spadebidder; 04-21-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: until the next genius pattern observer arrives.
spadebidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #2654
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,131
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

I'm on a 38 buy-in downswing.

Damn you, PLO.
DMoogle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:44 AM   #2655
Onlinepokerinquiry
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Your wrong. I played 6 tables one night. I waited. Layed in for people so to speak. 4 times I got pocket pairs and flopped sets, and lost all four. Sure, its not rigged. The company that tested those sites did not actually test live play. So when your lookin at a flop and you see two players go all In, what I am saying is that in no way does knowing you have the best hand indicate you have the


Quote:
Originally Posted by Weevil99 View Post
Do you use a tracker that allows you to write your own filters? If so, then decide what it is you think is wrong with the deal and design a filter to test your hypothesis. If you actually find something you think is a problem, post here about it.

You should understand, though, that you won't find much sympathy here if all you do is rant about how you "know" it's rigged. Every player has those thoughts at times (usually early in their online careers), but so far, everybody who has taken the time to do a proper analysis of whatever data they have has found nothing suspicious. Everybody who has taken the time to do the math has discovered that the cards pretty much come out random.

Nobody has shown up with any kind of evidence that any site is rigged. Ever. That's why so many people lose patience with these theories. We've heard it all before. Repeatedly. We've even felt that way ourselves at times. I think it's a natural result of the fact that we can't actually see the cards being handled and dealt by human beings combined with the fact that we occasionally have soul-crushing bad runs.

Here's the truth, though: there is no evidence of any kind of rigging and there are vast mountains of evidence that the game is fair. That's just the way it is. You can either accept that and get on with improving your game, or you can waste your time worrying about whether you're being cheated and never allow yourself to get any better.
Onlinepokerinquiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:38 AM   #2656
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlinepokerinquiry View Post
Your wrong. I played 6 tables one night. I waited. Layed in for people so to speak. 4 times I got pocket pairs and flopped sets, and lost all four. Sure, its not rigged. The company that tested those sites did not actually test live play. So when your lookin at a flop and you see two players go all In, what I am saying is that in no way does knowing you have the best hand indicate you have the
I guess this made sense to him when when he wrote it.
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:00 AM   #2657
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterChris View Post
Also, I have taken a stats class - aced it, actually.
Taking a basic stats course does not mean that you have even started to get to grips with probability or the maths needed to make sense of it.

There is a great deal of very useful stats you can do that barely involves probability maths at all - you just get told how to do the calculations.

Quote:
And although I can't prove it doesn't mean I have to play - I have been cutting my hours online way back.
At least you are responding in a reasonably intelligent way to your belief that the sites are rigged.

I say reasonably because if you actually believe they are rigged to the extent that you can't make any money then why did you not just stop dead when you realised?
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #2658
BitterChris
adept
 
BitterChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bittertown, USA
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpw View Post
Taking a basic stats course does not mean that you have even started to get to grips with probability or the maths needed to make sense of it.

There is a great deal of very useful stats you can do that barely involves probability maths at all - you just get told how to do the calculations.



At least you are responding in a reasonably intelligent way to your belief that the sites are rigged.

I say reasonably because if you actually believe they are rigged to the extent that you can't make any money then why did you not just stop dead when you realised?
Now that I have some time on my hands I'm going to go over all of my hands where me or my opponent was allin with cards to come and calculate EV.

And zOMG I used a colloquialism in an internet post, I should be burnt at the stake!
BitterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #2659
qpw
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pulling the tails of rigtards
Posts: 4,019
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterChris View Post
Now that I have some time on my hands I'm going to go over all of my hands where me or my opponent was allin with cards to come and calculate EV.
Excellent!

Provided you have the maths to get the correct result.

Quote:
And zOMG I used a colloquialism in an internet post, I should be burnt at the stake!
I don't understand this. I didn't make anny comment about any colloquialisms.
qpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #2660
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper279 View Post
....are the same as the odds it happens on the first two hands of the tournament.

Next!
Really? Then why didnt it happen until then? In a live game I'd agree with you...
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #2661
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,035
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Really? Then why didnt it happen until then? In a live game I'd agree with you...
How about this. Why do you think Absolute targeted specifically YOU for this
and why did they wait till near the money to target specifically YOU or this?

1 in 8 and 1 in 26 and even more unlikely things happen all the times in tournaments from start to end, yet somehow you are reading a special meaning in your loss in a $1 tournament.

Why? Explain how anyone who would target YOU for this benefits in any way. Without a motive the theory just comes down to basically super natural forces at work, which you are entitled to believe in if it makes you feel better. In terms of math, none of your beliefs add up (pun intended).
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #2662
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,131
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

If you play on Absolute you're not even entitled to complain.
DMoogle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #2663
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

See thats what's funny. You think I'm here saying, that online poker is targeting me specifacly to lose. Negative. Not even close. Never even mentioned that it was all about me. I've seen hundreds of users here saying about the same thing. I've seen about 10-12 of the same people, saying things things just like you. So again let's divert the attetion off of what really happened to another problem or conflict that is non existant. That's dillusional. Let's talk about scenario's as to why this would would happen at this particular time....? Any thoughts...?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #2664
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/57...47/index2.html
No comment? How come you guys aren't there on your crusade? Ahh, must not have jurisdiction there...or you know your going to get hit with an arguement you can't denounce?
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #2665
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Let's talk about scenario's as to why this would would happen at this particular time....? Any thoughts...?
Yeah, why NOT this particular time?
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #2666
Username^^
veteran
 
Username^^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reviewing hands in my dreams
Posts: 2,784
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

It all was writed before tk, just read from the begining. No reason to start the same discussion all over again.
Username^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #2667
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterChris View Post
Now that I have some time on my hands I'm going to go over all of my hands where me or my opponent was allin with cards to come and calculate EV.

And zOMG I used a colloquialism in an internet post, I should be burnt at the stake!
Show your work here. Please do not come back and say "well I've done the analysis and have found it to be rigged" UNLESS that statement is followed by stats to back it up that can be independently verified.

Good luck though.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #2668
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

You mean "wrote?" I provided some facts to a case about a discussion that is still open and active....
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #2669
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

And Monteroy please do not shout or yell in this discussion. Other users find that offensive and is against proper "netiquitte." Another outburst like that and you'll be reported...
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #2670
Rek
HUZA 2008
 
Rek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 10,034
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
You mean "wrote?"
No, he means written.
Rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #2671
tk1133
veteran
 
tk1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Making friends one post @ a time
Posts: 2,221
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

It is universally accepted that writing in capital letters is "shouting" at the reader, and, together with some of the content of your posts that I read, I regard this as being rude to other forum users.
tk1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #2672
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/57...47/index2.html
No comment? How come you guys aren't there on your crusade? Ahh, must not have jurisdiction there...or you know your going to get hit with an arguement you can't denounce?
What was the purpose of posting that link? Basically, it is just a guy wanting online poker to be regulated in the USA, and then being flamed for thinking RealDealPoker is the answer. Pretty useless and probably hurts your argument, but thanks for sharing.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #2673
KingOfFelt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
KingOfFelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 7,233
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
No, he means written.
lol. Poor tk.
KingOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #2674
batair
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
batair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: idiocracy
Posts: 16,806
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/57...47/index2.html
No comment? How come you guys aren't there on your crusade? Ahh, must not have jurisdiction there...or you know your going to get hit with an arguement you can't denounce?
You should post in that thread and see how people respond to your rigged theory's. You can also blow their minds with your insider info. plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
It is universally accepted that writing in capital letters is "shouting" at the reader, and, together with some of the content of your posts that I read, I regard this as being rude to other forum users.
It's also considered rude (well really unethical) to accuse someone of cheating without proof.

Last edited by batair; 04-22-2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: .
batair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #2675
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,035
Re: The great "Poker is rigged debate" - Collected threads edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
See thats what's funny. You think I'm here saying, that online poker is targeting me specifacly to lose. Negative.
If fit is not about you then what is it about?

That Absolute sets up random people to bust out near a bubble in a $1 tournament?

That Absolute sets up random people to get bad beat near a bubble in a $1 tournament?

What exactly is your theory to explain your situation (other then "I know something is fishy"), and again how would Absolute Poker benefit in any way from this?



Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
Not even close. Never even mentioned that it was all about me. I've seen hundreds of users here saying about the same thing.
And they tend to get asked the same questions that I have asked you. They never answer them and instead say that it must be true since other people say the same thing.

Lots of people believe in all sorts of things and conspiracies, that does not make them true, only that they have believe they are true.




Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1133 View Post
I've seen about 10-12 of the same people, saying things things just like you. So again let's divert the attetion off of what really happened to another problem or conflict that is non existant. That's dillusional. Let's talk about scenario's as to why this would would happen at this particular time....? Any thoughts...?
My thoughts are simple in this matter. You got a bit unlucky and lost a couple hands. Basically a routine situation in a tournament.

I do not believe anything mystical is at work here to explain your loss. You seem to think something dark and mysterious is behind it so I again ask you what that would be that makes any sense?

You say they are not targeting you, then who do they target and why to suffer whatever you think is wrong here?

Just complete this sentence

I think I (and others) got cheated at Absolute poker, and this tournament proved it to me because...


Honestly, I cannot think of a rational and logical way to complete that based on your "data."

Feel free to show otherwise.

All the best.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive