Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #2376
drexah
Pooh-Bah
 
drexah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: boston
Posts: 5,958
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

+1 to that. 30bb min on all tables is pretty awful. 40 at the absolute minimum would be tolerable but 30 simply isn't poker.
drexah is offline  
Old 07-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #2377
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

#REQUEST

Leave the min/max buyins the way they are. The balance is perfect.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 07-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #2378
BackBlood
adept
 
BackBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 792
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I just recently opened a bodog88 account and put money on there.

I am going back to the UK for a short while. Can I play in the UK?
BackBlood is offline  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #2379
drexah
Pooh-Bah
 
drexah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: boston
Posts: 5,958
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

10/20 is 50bb min why not 5/10? are you seriously one of those 30bb ftards XAQ? wouldn't surprise me at all i guess.
drexah is offline  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #2380
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexah View Post
10/20 is 50bb min why not 5/10? are you seriously one of those 30bb ftards XAQ? wouldn't surprise me at all i guess.
Uhh, no. I've posted about this several times to this thread and the Bovada thread.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #2381
ShaunHunting
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 446
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBlood View Post
I just recently opened a bodog88 account and put money on there.

I am going back to the UK for a short while. Can I play in the UK?
99% sure that you cannot. They don't allow Europeans.

Also, come back soon. Bimbs is craving some Fifa.
ShaunHunting is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 03:56 AM   #2382
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexah View Post
+1 to that. 30bb min on all tables is pretty awful. 40 at the absolute minimum would be tolerable but 30 simply isn't poker.
Because Bovada cares deeply about its winning regs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
#REQUEST

Leave the min/max buyins the way they are. The balance is perfect.
+.3
dark_horse is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #2383
Nooo Whammy
journeyman
 
Nooo Whammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 203
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Instead of cancelling tourneys maybe next update we can have a turbo night??
Nooo Whammy is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #2384
K_Deezy
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 43
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooo Whammy View Post
Instead of cancelling tourneys maybe next update we can have a super turbo night??
+1



Spoiler:
K_Deezy is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #2385
djkelly69
veteran
 
djkelly69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Couch
Posts: 2,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooo Whammy View Post
Instead of cancelling tourneys maybe next update we can have a turbo night??
Lol. Their programmers can't even get a wait-for-bb to work, you think they are going to be able to change the structure of every tournament for one night and not stuff things up beyond belief??
djkelly69 is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #2386
CanIlive
banned
 
CanIlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 53
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
Because Bovada cares deeply about its winning regs.



+.3
So I take it you're another short stacking shovetard?

What does it matter if players are winning or not? It's about not being able to play past a flop without having a short stack all in. There's no turn play...there's no river play. Allowing bums like you to play 30bb's takes out actual poker play and turns it into bingo.

What Bovada should care about is the fact that most 100bb players won't give any short stacks action before the flop and that means less rake. There's no incentive to call your raise with anything but really strong hands because there's nothing to win from you and no room to make moves.

So to alllllll the people in this thread short stacking nl...you're all pathetic. Get some confidence in yourselves and play full.
CanIlive is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:06 AM   #2387
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

You are wrong on all counts.
dark_horse is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #2388
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

As I have mentioned before, the network is happy with what they have set the buyins at and have no plans to change them at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooo Whammy View Post
Instead of cancelling tourneys maybe next update we can have a turbo night??
I will pass this along.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #2389
CanIlive
banned
 
CanIlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 53
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
As I have mentioned before, the network is happy with what they have set the buyins at and have no plans to change them at this time.
Two questions then.

1. Why is it different for 10/20?
2. How about regular and deep tables giving players the option?
CanIlive is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #2390
5thStreetHog
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5thStreetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,687
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIlive View Post
So I take it you're another short stacking shovetard?
You sound stupid because you know nothing about him let alone whether hes a SS or not.

Even if he was, he is free to play however he likes within the rules of the game.

Quote:
What Bovada should care about is the fact that most 100bb players won't give any short stacks action before the flop and that means less rake.
Most of the SS at low stakes are recreational losing players. Most of the rake collected is at low stakes. Forcing bad losing players to buy in for more wont increase their rake take. It will make the games more profitable for winning players and lessen their take.

In other words, its obvious that increased min buyins make the games better for winning players, both in terms of game play and profitability(unless you believe like some that all the fish will suddenly stop playing poker and leave the site if the min buyin is increased), but that ranges from something Bovada isnt interested in to something totally contradictory to what they are trying to accomplish with their poker model.
5thStreetHog is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #2391
CanIlive
banned
 
CanIlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 53
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thStreetHog View Post
You sound stupid because you know nothing about him let alone whether hes a SS or not.

Even if he was, he is free to play however he likes within the rules of the game.



Most of the SS at low stakes are recreational losing players. Most of the rake collected is at low stakes. Forcing bad losing players to buy in for more wont increase their rake take. It will make the games more profitable for winning players and lessen their take.

In other words, its obvious that increased min buyins make the games better for winning players, both in terms of game play and profitability(unless you believe like some that all the fish will suddenly stop playing poker and leave the site if the min buyin is increased), but that ranges from something Bovada isnt interested in to something totally contradictory to what they are trying to accomplish with their poker model.
Like I really can't stand you. Everyday you spread your unhappiness with your life into this forum. We're trying to advocate for increased buy ins and like the annoying kid in school everyone hated..you're here to state the obv that doesn't need to be stated. Throw us all under the bus buddy. kys
CanIlive is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 06:12 AM   #2392
5thStreetHog
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5thStreetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,687
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIlive View Post
Like I really can't stand you.
I can assure you that Ill wear that like a badge of ****ing honor.
5thStreetHog is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 06:14 AM   #2393
CanIlive
banned
 
CanIlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 53
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Also are you shilling for Merge? Why are you always in here talking crap about Bovada and talking up Merge? If you don't like Bovada...gtfo maybe. Seem like you are lonely and just waste all day rebutting every post you read like your thoughts matter.
CanIlive is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #2394
5thStreetHog
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5thStreetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,687
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIlive View Post
Also are you shilling for Merge?
No.

Quote:
Why are you always in here talking crap about Bovada and talking up Merge?
Im not. You saw one post from yesterday within the context of US poker site withdraw times in which I stated the fact that Merge cashouts were a little better lately and you created the above allegation from thin air and that one post and expect people to believe is has some kind of factual basis.

Quote:
If you don't like Bovada...gtfo maybe.
No.

Quote:
Seem like you are lonely and just waste all day rebutting every post you read like your thoughts matter.
Im usually only rebutting posts that I find inaccurate, or in the case of the last one where you were insulting Dark, ignorant and or idiotic, which would explain why you overestimate how much you believe I post. Perhaps you find me rebutting posts that you make at a much higher frequency which skews your estimation.

As far as me being lonely or having thoughts that dont matter.

Pot/Kettle

Your projections are laughable at best, pathetic and transparent at worst.

Good luck.

Last edited by 5thStreetHog; 07-19-2013 at 06:53 AM.
5thStreetHog is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #2395
K_Deezy
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 43
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I gave a friend my referral code to use before signing up. He used it. Is there somewhere that shows this in my account? How long does it take to get my bonus?
K_Deezy is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #2396
rickpz
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 99
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Ice,

I've been having serious connections issues lately. My Internet connection is connected but ill constantly disconnect from bovada, and when I'm kicked off the table due to disconnection I can't get back on the table for five minutes if its even still open. I was disconnected 5 times in the span of an hour. Is there something on my computer settings making me disconnect? please help.

Thanks
rickpz is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #2397
ShaunHunting
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 446
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

No reason to change the min buyin just because some people would rather complain than learn to play against 30bb stacks.

But what you could change is the focus steal. It's super tilting.
ShaunHunting is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #2398
K_Deezy
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 43
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunHunting View Post
But what you could change is the focus steal. It's super tilting.
+1!
K_Deezy is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #2399
Leiferman
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 286
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunHunting View Post
...But what you could change is the focus steal. It's super tilting.
Here is my workaround for this:

1. In Preferences > Table Settings, check "Action Alerts Sounds Only" and "Multi-Table Sounds"
2. In Preferences > Game Play Settings, check "Disable Pop to Front"

This will only work well if you tile tables. You can now also uncheck "Disable Enter to Bet" if you wish. Having "Show Table Spotlight" checked also helps when determining which table needs action.

yw
Leiferman is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #2400
ShaunHunting
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 446
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiferman View Post
Here is my workaround for this:

1. In Preferences > Table Settings, check "Action Alerts Sounds Only" and "Multi-Table Sounds"
2. In Preferences > Game Play Settings, check "Disable Pop to Front"

This will only work well if you tile tables. You can now also uncheck "Disable Enter to Bet" if you wish. Having "Show Table Spotlight" checked also helps when determining which table needs action.

yw
Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. I already had it set as per your advice
ShaunHunting is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive