Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #1001
qdmcg
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,870
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I found the rabbit cam to be very funny. Appealing to casual players ftw
qdmcg is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #1002
jason403
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 378
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

So I am playing 4 tables, and all of a sudden I am disconnected from all tables. I click on my internet, and it is working fine. I am just curious when I connect back to my tables not 15 seconds later why I am kicked off one of my tables, and in a hand where I have bet 2 streets vs another player, the hand is now over and the pot was awarded to him? Why is it other players receive their entire time, and 30 seconds of disconnect protection, while I recieve nothing, and lose a pot?
jason403 is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #1003
big gilute
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,193
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by qdmcg View Post
I found the rabbit cam to be very funny. Appealing to casual players ftw
try and sound a little more predatory next time.....
big gilute is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #1004
OmahaImHigh
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Space time Matter
Posts: 159
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilprog View Post
love the additions to the o8 schedule! keep em coming, maybe a weekly 55 and daily 33 in the future?
+! this is a must have.. its ridicoulous that the biggest omaha and omaha hi low tournaments have a 1k gurantee only. LMAO

The daily 1k (DS) 10+1 gets over 100 people now.. if they made say a $30+3 daily 5k stack turbo omaha hi low tournament/ omaha tournament im sure it would get atleast 40-50 people. They could do 1 omaha and 1 omaha hi low or do a mixed tournament in which for 30 minutes its omaha and for the next its omaha hi low.. that would integrate players who play 1 but dont really play the other and create a fun juicy atmosphere and plus the gurantee would be over 2k atleast.. DONE GG!!!
OmahaImHigh is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #1005
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracay View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------






Bodog_Ice please... I'm waiting for this simple answer for more than 2 weeks now....
Since there are many players involved, it would be cool to get the answer here rather that each one of them contacts support. Thanks for your help.
I believe that this decision is up to your specific operator, and not the network, but I will double check on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qdmcg View Post
I found the rabbit cam to be very funny. Appealing to casual players ftw
Glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason403 View Post
So I am playing 4 tables, and all of a sudden I am disconnected from all tables. I click on my internet, and it is working fine. I am just curious when I connect back to my tables not 15 seconds later why I am kicked off one of my tables, and in a hand where I have bet 2 streets vs another player, the hand is now over and the pot was awarded to him? Why is it other players receive their entire time, and 30 seconds of disconnect protection, while I recieve nothing, and lose a pot?
Odd. If you run into this problem again, please send along all relevent info to support and then to me so that it can be looked in to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaImHigh View Post
+! this is a must have.. its ridicoulous that the biggest omaha and omaha hi low tournaments have a 1k gurantee only. LMAO

The daily 1k (DS) 10+1 gets over 100 people now.. if they made say a $30+3 daily 5k stack turbo omaha hi low tournament/ omaha tournament im sure it would get atleast 40-50 people. They could do 1 omaha and 1 omaha hi low or do a mixed tournament in which for 30 minutes its omaha and for the next its omaha hi low.. that would integrate players who play 1 but dont really play the other and create a fun juicy atmosphere and plus the gurantee would be over 2k atleast.. DONE GG!!!
I can tell you that the network is very happy with the growth that plo and o8 tournaments have seen lately and they are definitely keeping an eye on them. I imagine if the games keep growing, you may see an expansion. I'll pass along your suggestions though.


Also, not sure if anyone noticed it, there is a new tournament style that was introduced the other day. It's labeled as "escalating blinds" and what happens is that the blinds start out at 2 minutes for the first two levels.. and after every other level 2 more minutes is added to the level length up to a max of 20 minute levels.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #1006
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

With regards to boracay with the points.. that is an operator specific decision, so you will want to be asking them what will happen. Marcus, same with you with the Punta Cana package.

Also, starting September 5th there will be a new pot limit omaha hi/lo tournament, it'll be at 8:35pm et:

During the week it'll be a $33 double stack with $2,000 guarantee. On the weekends it'll be a $33 double stack with a $3,000 guarantee.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #1007
nomoD
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 170
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

My lobby shows games sometimes and not other times. For example, it will show only 1 .25/.50 table and then a minute later it will show 4. Then it will show 2. They come and go as long as I'm not physically at the table. And its not because they are breaking up/restarting, they just disappear/don't show up and then show up later.

Very annoying when trying to get on a table.
nomoD is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #1008
GoDeViLs
veteran
 
GoDeViLs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,452
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Yes that is a result of Bodog choosing to hide the full tables and eliminating waitlists. I believe it was done to enhance the experience of recreational players and to eliminate bumhunting.

Some players dislike this aspect of the changes because it sometimes makes finding a seat a little more difficult. I will not interject my opinions on the changes and let you decide for yourself. Gl
GoDeViLs is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #1009
coolpkername
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 67
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Do you accept players from New York?
coolpkername is offline  
Old 09-05-2012, 04:45 AM   #1010
whothedonk
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 417
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

LOVE the addition of more plo8 mtts!!!
whothedonk is offline  
Old 09-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #1011
whamboozled
centurion
 
whamboozled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 133
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Has Bodogvada ever explained why they still hide full tables/have no wait lists since going anonymous? The anonymity cancels the point, doesn't it?

You can't bumhunt someone that's impossible to locate and identify and I have to doubt that the recreational players they say they are catering to really enjoy staring at empty lobbies waiting for tables to appear.
whamboozled is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #1012
drexah
Pooh-Bah
 
drexah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: boston
Posts: 5,958
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

The sounds still seem to be off, whether it's all sounds on or alerts only - something just isn't right. I've been playing on a Mac lately so maybe it's Mac specific, but I kind of remember it on PC as well from a couple weeks ago.
drexah is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #1013
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpkername View Post
Do you accept players from New York?
This is a question for Bovada, as it is up to each individual operator who they accept. I would recommend emailing or calling support to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whothedonk View Post
LOVE the addition of more plo8 mtts!!!
Glad you like them. The newest ones started last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamboozled View Post
Has Bodogvada ever explained why they still hide full tables/have no wait lists since going anonymous? The anonymity cancels the point, doesn't it?

You can't bumhunt someone that's impossible to locate and identify and I have to doubt that the recreational players they say they are catering to really enjoy staring at empty lobbies waiting for tables to appear.
I can ask about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexah View Post
The sounds still seem to be off, whether it's all sounds on or alerts only - something just isn't right. I've been playing on a Mac lately so maybe it's Mac specific, but I kind of remember it on PC as well from a couple weeks ago.
What do you mean by off?
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #1014
deej_0607
veteran
 
deej_0607's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sota, where we say pop
Posts: 3,136
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Why is this thread still called bodog? Did they only change to bovada for the us market?
deej_0607 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #1015
patm17
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamboozled View Post
Has Bodogvada ever explained why they still hide full tables/have no wait lists since going anonymous? The anonymity cancels the point, doesn't it?

You can't bumhunt someone that's impossible to locate and identify and I have to doubt that the recreational players they say they are catering to really enjoy staring at empty lobbies waiting for tables to appear.
I imagine they want to avoid huge waitlists for every table where people are open limping.
patm17 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #1016
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej_0607 View Post
Why is this thread still called bodog? Did they only change to bovada for the us market?
Bovada is just one site on the entire network. This thread is for the Bodog Network, so I help with things dealing with all sites on the network.

With that said... there has been a lot of focus on software lately (which is fine ).. anything game wise that you'd guys like to see add/subtracted/changed?
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #1017
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Bovada is just one site on the entire network. This thread is for the Bodog Network, so I help with things dealing with all sites on the network.

With that said... there has been a lot of focus on software lately (which is fine ).. anything game wise that you'd guys like to see add/subtracted/changed?
My post for September:

No new features, fix the bugs!
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #1018
whamboozled
centurion
 
whamboozled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 133
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post



I can ask about it.



Thanks, I look forward to understanding the reasoning behind the policy.
whamboozled is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #1019
tercol58
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 320
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Bovada is just one site on the entire network. This thread is for the Bodog Network, so I help with things dealing with all sites on the network.

With that said... there has been a lot of focus on software lately (which is fine ).. anything game wise that you'd guys like to see add/subtracted/changed?
If you mean types of games I would like to see bounty tourneys but I only play low stakes
tercol58 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #1020
Stinky Stu
Pooh-Bah
 
Stinky Stu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: On the back nine.
Posts: 4,193
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

How do I disable that stupid ****ing rebuy thing that pops up after a sit-and-go? I accidentally hit that **** and have to play another ****ing SNG when I'm ready to quit for the evening. What a stupid mother****ing option.
Stinky Stu is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #1021
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Stu View Post
How do I disable that stupid ****ing rebuy thing that pops up after a sit-and-go? I accidentally hit that **** and have to play another ****ing SNG when I'm ready to quit for the evening. What a stupid mother****ing option.
As of now, that is not an option. In my experience, a lot of people prefer that option as it makes it easier to keep loading sngs. I will pass along a suggestion to add an option that allows the player to disable that popup.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #1022
qdmcg
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,870
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

not sure if its been mentioned, but its very frustrating to get the 5 minute notice when you were disconnected for ~30 seconds
qdmcg is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #1023
Stinky Stu
Pooh-Bah
 
Stinky Stu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: On the back nine.
Posts: 4,193
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
As of now, that is not an option. In my experience, a lot of people prefer that option as it makes it easier to keep loading sngs. I will pass along a suggestion to add an option that allows the player to disable that popup.
Thanks. I was a tad peeved when I wrote that.
Stinky Stu is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #1024
BodoggedOut
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 42
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

The Bovada software is freezing for me very often and I am at my wits end. I have called the customer service and their best advice was to make sure I had a fan on my computer. The software will just freeze and sometimes lock up my whole computer. I can't even force quit with the task manager. Sometimes I can force quit and then when I try to login again it won't even recognize my cursor in the log in space. Happens anywhere from 1 minute to 3 hours into sessions. Ideas?
BodoggedOut is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #1025
Dragline
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 50
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I just received an email from Bovada support that I wanted to post here. This is my first post, but I've been following this forum for a while. A lot of people have doubted that they look for collusion. The email refers to a $50+2.50 turbo double up sng. I have never emailed Bovada with a security concern.

Dear Mr ******
Account: ******

We have concluded that two players in the tournament (2195921) that you were involved in have been colluding. As such, their tournament winnings have been removed, and you have been awarded (first) place. We have added ($100) to your account.

We here at Bovada Poker are committed to providing a fun and safe place for players all over the world to enjoy poker. To that end, we are constantly monitoring our tables as well as following up on leads from players such as yourself to ensure that collusion is found and dealt with appropriately.

If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, please feel free to contact Poker Security at 1-866-909-2237.

Regards,

Bovada Financial Services



Thanks Bovada and keep up the good work.
Dragline is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive