Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #526
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Yes, in Morphy's defense, although he may have carried on about the lag more than most would deem necessary, I'm sure it doesn't help defuse the situation when almost every CS reply tries to blame the problem on the customer. Hopefully after Ice brings it up, the word will filter down to CS eventually and those replies will change.
I really had 3 options: 1) write up a blog entry about it on the Manifesto, 2) ignore it and hope it went away, or 3) post it here. As anyone who has read my blog knows, I've lost motivation over the years and it's hard to care enough to write up an entry. I'd rather not ignore it because then it does no good. So that leaves posting it here where there's actually a chance someone will see it and maybe do something about it.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #527
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Yes, in Morphy's defense, although he may have carried on about the lag more than most would deem necessary, I'm sure it doesn't help defuse the situation when almost every CS reply tries to blame the problem on the customer. Hopefully after Ice brings it up, the word will filter down to CS eventually and those replies will change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
I really had 3 options: 1) write up a blog entry about it on the Manifesto, 2) ignore it and hope it went away, or 3) post it here. As anyone who has read my blog knows, I've lost motivation over the years and it's hard to care enough to write up an entry. I'd rather not ignore it because then it does no good. So that leaves posting it here where there's actually a chance someone will see it and maybe do something about it.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.
Oh yeah.. I totally agree that CS should be on the same page and is definitely something I will discuss with them. I was talking about a few people that have been turned off of the thread because of all the railing of the lag and nothing else.

To keep it friendly in here, I'll give XaQ credit.. he was the first to step up to give information about hands lagging and was the most consistent about getting me that info. So while I feel like you might go off the deep end a bit at times , at least you stepped up when I asked for some help gathering info. Plus, you've been nothing but nice in our pm exchanges.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #528
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Oh yeah.. I totally agree that CS should be on the same page and is definitely something I will discuss with them. I was talking about a few people that have been turned off of the thread because of all the railing of the lag and nothing else.

To keep it friendly in here, I'll give XaQ credit.. he was the first to step up to give information about hands lagging and was the most consistent about getting me that info. So while I feel like you might go off the deep end a bit at times , at least you stepped up when I asked for some help gathering info. Plus, you've been nothing but nice in our pm exchanges.
ffs man don't let that sort of thing out in public!
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #529
Ice_W0lf
Tremendous
 
Ice_W0lf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I want to go to there..
Posts: 13,533
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

My bad.
Ice_W0lf is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #530
Bobo Fett
Carpe Diem
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 52,337
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
I was talking about a few people that have been turned off of the thread because of all the railing of the lag and nothing else.
Yeah, and we don't want that, so feel free to post report or PM me when you think it's gone too far and I'll try to get things back on track.

I don't know what it is, but no other support thread goes off the rails like the Bodog one does from time to time.
Bobo Fett is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 01:58 AM   #531
Tony McKenzie
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Festus, MO
Posts: 15
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Anyone else having trouble downloading Bovada? Stops at 16.98 mb --->(vcredist_x86bin) Maybe its my antivirus idk.
Tony McKenzie is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:06 AM   #532
bestatchess
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 87
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
Here's some feedback:

Stop rolling out new, untested features that end up causing problems.

Fix the lag.
+1 New software is unplayable. Why did you make bad software worse?
bestatchess is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #533
annies boobs
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 51
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Did they just do an update?

What's unplayable?
annies boobs is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #534
Mr Biswas
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 26
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I know that you said you wouldn't change the min buyin. What about changing the the default "other amount" number to 50 or 60 bbs. This way people can still buy in for 30 bbs, but aren't necessarily encouraged to.
Mr Biswas is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #535
-sham-
old hand
 
-sham-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Posts: 1,752
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I know i don't email support often, but when did the standard reply quote time change from 30minutes to 4hours?

Quick response was one of the perks of playing here...
-sham- is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #536
jmurjeff
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 3,350
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Are there any good promotions coming up like reload bonuses or something like that? Double points days?
jmurjeff is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #537
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Biswas View Post
I know that you said you wouldn't change the min buyin. What about changing the the default "other amount" number to 50 or 60 bbs. This way people can still buy in for 30 bbs, but aren't necessarily encouraged to.
I'll ask about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurjeff View Post
Are there any good promotions coming up like reload bonuses or something like that? Double points days?
Not that I know of. I've sent off an email asking about this.. when I hear anything about it, I'll let you guys know.

I'll put it in again that the WSOP Main Event satellites are well under way
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #538
nar160
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 359
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by nar160 View Post
For a while, some hand histories required well over 24 hrs for the hole cards to show up. The downloading didn't work at all right away for me. After reinstalling the software it downloaded the next batch I tried but I was never able to get the hands I originally tried to download. Then, as noted earlier in this thread, hand histories starting around 4/7 wouldn't download. My hand histories starting 4/15 have now been downloading, but are in a slightly different format. If whatever issues there were have been resolved, great, but I've only played a couple of times since then so I can't really tell.
Quote:
- Hand history problems noted above
I have downloaded hand histories a few times since writing this and it appears to work 100% now.
nar160 is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #539
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

There seems to be a new-ish bug with the hand histories. I'm not going to bother reporting it to customer service because they'll blame my connection again. But...seems that hitting the previous hand link at the table sometimes doesn't let you go back to hands other than the last one. It used to work so you could scroll back through the hands you played, but now if the bug happens you can only see the previous hand and the links to go back and forth are grayed out and don't work.

Not sure what triggers this, but it's happened enough lately that I figured I'd post it.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #540
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
There seems to be a new-ish bug with the hand histories. I'm not going to bother reporting it to customer service because they'll blame my connection again. But...seems that hitting the previous hand link at the table sometimes doesn't let you go back to hands other than the last one. It used to work so you could scroll back through the hands you played, but now if the bug happens you can only see the previous hand and the links to go back and forth are grayed out and don't work.

Not sure what triggers this, but it's happened enough lately that I figured I'd post it.
Ok, I'll pass it along.

A few things to update/pass along:

- Like I said earlier, WSOP ME Package satellites are going strong and they are crushing their guarantees.. at times 5 packages are available in satellites guaranteeing 2 and we are still a bit away from the satellites guaranteeing 4 seats and 10 seats. For details on these satellites, check out the promotions page on your operators website.

- The random seating suggestion for stt's will be looked in to but isn't something that will roll out any time soon.

- If you are still having trouble with hh's, please send me a pm (after you contact support first please) and we (Bodog and I) will try to do some troubleshooting.

- By the end of the week, all super turbo and hyper turbo sngs should have the same timebank that hyper/super turbo mtts currently have.. as a reminder:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
* Players will have 15 seconds to act every time the action is on them, instead of 30 seconds as it is now.

* Your time bank for the entire tournament will only be 30 seconds, rather than the 90 seconds that it is as present time.
And now the best news (and hopefully this doesn't backfire on me).. today Bodog released a patch that should significantly reduce the lag that players have been experiencing. This is been a top priority of Bodog's and I hope that this fix creates a much better playing experience for all of you. As before, if you start running into the lag, please send me all the info I asked for before: hh number/what you were doing, where in the hand it happened, what happened, what player number were you.

And questions, comments, suggestions.. please let me know.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #541
bicyclekick
luckbox
 
bicyclekick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: waiting to ski
Posts: 7,070
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
There seems to be a new-ish bug with the hand histories. I'm not going to bother reporting it to customer service because they'll blame my connection again. But...seems that hitting the previous hand link at the table sometimes doesn't let you go back to hands other than the last one. It used to work so you could scroll back through the hands you played, but now if the bug happens you can only see the previous hand and the links to go back and forth are grayed out and don't work.

Not sure what triggers this, but it's happened enough lately that I figured I'd post it.
I've experienced this bug as well.
bicyclekick is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #542
mac168
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

why moneybookers cant cashout right now?
mac168 is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #543
Borgland
Pooh-Bah
 
Borgland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Unimatrix Zero
Posts: 4,024
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post

- The random seating suggestion for stt's will be looked in to but isn't something that will roll out any time soon.


- By the end of the week, all super turbo and hyper turbo sngs should have the same timebank that hyper/super turbo mtts currently have.. as a reminder:
Thanks for the first, and thank gawd the second . Really improved the games.
Borgland is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #544
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgland View Post
Thanks for the first, and thank gawd the second . Really improved the games.
Glad to hear!

The update to work on the lag went up right before 2+2 went down so I haven't been able to hear any feedback. So now its been a few weeks.. how's the lag? Better..worse.. the same?
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #545
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Also, any other bugs you guys have come across or any new suggestions for me to pass along?
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #546
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Glad to hear!

The update to work on the lag went up right before 2+2 went down so I haven't been able to hear any feedback. So now its been a few weeks.. how's the lag? Better..worse.. the same?
Lag seems to be fixed, at least the :17 lag. I did run into it a few times late at night, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was. Thanks for following up on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Also, any other bugs you guys have come across or any new suggestions for me to pass along?
Right now the two things I'd like to see fixed are the reloading issues in cash games, and then the bet box and it not acting like it should when trying to enter a bet in. I don't use the slider much and prefer to type an amount in, and the way they the text box programmed is just really goofy. It should act just like any other windows app, but there doesn't seem to be any programming logic behind it.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #547
Borgland
Pooh-Bah
 
Borgland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Unimatrix Zero
Posts: 4,024
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
Lag seems to be fixed, at least the :17 lag. I did run into it a few times late at night, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was. Thanks for following up on this.
Ditto. Hardly lags at all for me now.
Borgland is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #548
Voltar20
enthusiast
 
Voltar20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 49
Lag issues seem to be under control.
Voltar20 is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #549
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I'm really glad to hear that the lag issue has improved... it is still an issue that they are looking to eliminate even more, but I'm glad I didn't come back to 6 pages of omg the lag!

I'll pass along the bet box stuff... but can you elaborate more on the reload issue?
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #550
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
I'm really glad to hear that the lag issue has improved... it is still an issue that they are looking to eliminate even more, but I'm glad I didn't come back to 6 pages of omg the lag!

I'll pass along the bet box stuff... but can you elaborate more on the reload issue?
It's difficult to top off stacks in cash games. Example, 1/2 game, I have $200, and UTG hand I lose $20. I want to top off the stack, so I tell it to reload the most available which is $20. However, due to how slow it processes, it doesn't do anything that hand, and the button grays out on my BB hand. Now let's say that everyone folds to my BB, well now I get an error that my reload amount is too much because now I have $201 my BB back plus SB), and I have to do it again.

I've also had times where I choose to reload and the button grays out and after a few orbits I just give up and leave the table.

In a nutshell, make the reload option work like every other poker site out there.
XaQ Morphy is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive