Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 06:57 AM   #4576
Unguarded
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,862
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Suggestions

- 200nl Zone
- Start Zone when a table is short-handed
- More plo8 tournaments/plo tournaments at night- 1 nightly mid-stakes for each
- Early Antes mtts. Big starting stacks with antes in play right from the start

Bugs

- Connection Issues
- Booted from table when only disconnected for a very short time


I'll keep this list going, plus expand it, as you guys give me more and as I go through the thread. I'll be sending this along to the network the evening of the 26th, so you've got about a week
Those 2 bugs are god awful. I used to be able to surf the web freely in any browser, but the last few months, I have found that certain websites cause brief disconnections from my tables.

It is only certain websites, and it happens in any browser. For example, youtube and twoplustwo have never caused these disconnects. But certain other websites will in any browser, and I am able to reproduce the problem reliably by simply playing while viewing these sites.

So maybe the problem is related to some software/a plugin that some sites use and others don't? Perhaps something that Bodog/Bovada uses that other poker sites do not? Perhaps something Bodog/Bovada has started using in the last few months?
Unguarded is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #4577
swimchamp4life
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Florida, U.S.
Posts: 214
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

1) "Your biggest nightly tourney is the $55 - 35K guarantee. Why is that only a DS tourney? 3000 chips is too short for this." PLEASE make this a 5,000 chip starting stack tournament. The play in the beginning is very shallow for such a great tournament!

2) Sync breaks! We all get that regs want sync breaks...but recs love sync breaks too! My dad is a recreational player and has told me numerous times that he'd like to be able to take breaks when he's playing more than 1 tournament. Please make this happen.
swimchamp4life is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #4578
Jimbobway
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 9
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
*There are a few things that won't be discussed. Anonymous tables, synch breaks, auto-reload are non-starters. I think other than that.. let's hear it!
I love how everyone decided to skip this part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodLovesPoker View Post
5. Assign random numbers to tournament players instead of them being assigned a number based on when they joined a tournament. Especially important in sngs. In MTT's it may be harder to employ since the end number of players is unknown, however it would still be nice.
I'm also on board with this for SNGs.
Jimbobway is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #4579
mjcace
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjcace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: GA, USA
Posts: 9,939
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimchamp4life View Post
1) "Your biggest nightly tourney is the $55 - 35K guarantee. Why is that only a DS tourney? 3000 chips is too short for this." PLEASE make this a 5,000 chip starting stack tournament. The play in the beginning is very shallow for such a great tournament!
-1, it's the best tourney they have and it's grown as it is. You don't want all the recreational player not to play it because it goes until 3 am. It's already a stretch because it starts at 9pm est. leave it alone lol.

I do think the Sunday 35k turbo should have 5k starting stacks tho.

Edit: I think the feeder sngs sattys to 35k/40k/100k should be turbos, or offer both at least.
mjcace is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #4580
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPlayPLOhigh View Post
I'm pretty confident there isn't one person playing Bovada MTTs against synced breaks, if there is, they are very dumb. The breaks need synced at 55 after like every other poker site in the world, it's ridiculous they aren't really.
If you think more about this you should be able to figure out why people don't want synced breaks in MTTs.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #4581
Rant
old hand
 
Rant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,436
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

4 entries in a single Zone pool.

It is fine with me if it sometimes takes a bit longer to get a new hand - to avoid being seated with fast-folded players from my other tables or whatever. It is also OK if it is only allowed when the pool is deep enough for it to work reasonably well.
Rant is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #4582
Carl Trooper
veteran
 
Carl Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,681
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

1) the nightly 35k needs a 5k stack. It's way to short towards the end.

2) have one more big guarantee during the week. Maybe have a 50k or something. It's too frustrating having to wait until Sunday to play the 100k.

3) raise the 100k to 150k or have a 200k once a month!
Carl Trooper is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #4583
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Good stuff coming in so far. I'll compile/address some of them later this evening/tomorrow morning.

Question to the tournament players out there (both rec and reg).. there is one question I've been wondering for awhile now: The Escalating Levels mtts that the network offered never seemed to do quite as well as I imagined they would.

Does this come from not liking the structure.. or perhaps just not understanding what they are?
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #4584
Carl Trooper
veteran
 
Carl Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,681
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Good stuff coming in so far. I'll compile/address some of them later this evening/tomorrow morning.

Question to the tournament players out there (both rec and reg).. there is one question I've been wondering for awhile now: The Escalating Levels mtts that the network offered never seemed to do quite as well as I imagined they would.

Does this come from not liking the structure.. or perhaps just not understanding what they are?
Structure is great. It is just blind levels and stacks sometimes make it less playable.

Having a Ft where chip leader is 25bb and it's 5-15 for the rest doesn't make it really poker. It sucks when you're flipping for hundreds ( or thousands )
Carl Trooper is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 01:28 PM   #4585
chim17
Snowboarding concerts and punk music
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56,127
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Good stuff coming in so far. I'll compile/address some of them later this evening/tomorrow morning.

Question to the tournament players out there (both rec and reg).. there is one question I've been wondering for awhile now: The Escalating Levels mtts that the network offered never seemed to do quite as well as I imagined they would.

Does this come from not liking the structure.. or perhaps just not understanding what they are?

I like them a lot but feel it'd play better at 2000 starting stack.
chim17 is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #4586
Gemaco
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,642
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Suggestion: Allow up to 6 cash game tables, as suggested earlier.
Gemaco is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #4587
Pokernutz1954
journeyman
 
Pokernutz1954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 395
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Well, it looks like Bovada is up to its old tricks again when it comes to promoting its sportsbook in the poker client. A big banner at the bottom of the lobby and a symbol in the corner of the playing table itself. I seem to remember them trying this twice before and both times there were many technical bug problems and they had to take it down. Not to mention it gets in the way of a good thing. we can see their sportsbook on their homepage...when people download the poker client they should only see poker stuff. I think this is a bad idea Bodog Ice. I wish they would stop bringing it up.

btw, you asked about the lack of popularity with escalating level tournaments... you have so few of them, that is why I haven't played them.
Pokernutz1954 is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #4588
rakeme
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,715
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
If you think more about this you should be able to figure out why people don't want synced breaks in MTTs.
So they can **** their britches?
rakeme is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #4589
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unguarded View Post
Those 2 bugs are god awful. I used to be able to surf the web freely in any browser, but the last few months, I have found that certain websites cause brief disconnections from my tables.

It is only certain websites, and it happens in any browser. For example, youtube and twoplustwo have never caused these disconnects. But certain other websites will in any browser, and I am able to reproduce the problem reliably by simply playing while viewing these sites.

So maybe the problem is related to some software/a plugin that some sites use and others don't? Perhaps something that Bodog/Bovada uses that other poker sites do not? Perhaps something Bodog/Bovada has started using in the last few months?
Which sites? I want to try. FWIW, I play inside of Parallels and have an extremely stripped down virtual machine and still get disconnects about as often as everyone else. Perhaps it has something to do with web traffic coming into my machine (or home network) regardless of what operating system is in use.
dark_horse is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 02:20 PM   #4590
iPlayPLOhigh
banned
 
iPlayPLOhigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Right near the beach BOOOOY
Posts: 4,533
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
If you think more about this you should be able to figure out why people don't want synced breaks in MTTs.
In theory you're right, but in reality there isn't one MTT player I know that plays for a living that doesn't play Bovada (that has access to it). Syncing the breaks isn't going to cause some huge influx of grinders to the site, they're already playing.... It would however make the tournaments much more enjoyable for everyone, both pros and recs. There is too much value to miss the tournaments because they have ****ty software, people just sit out at 55 after.
iPlayPLOhigh is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 02:52 PM   #4591
slickmuck
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 111
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

+1 to the sports ticker being the worst thing ever

Last edited by slickmuck; 08-21-2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: and the football dick added to tables below "lobby"
slickmuck is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #4592
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPlayPLOhigh View Post
In theory you're right, but in reality there isn't one MTT player I know that plays for a living that doesn't play Bovada (that has access to it). Syncing the breaks isn't going to cause some huge influx of grinders to the site, they're already playing.... It would however make the tournaments much more enjoyable for everyone, both pros and recs. There is too much value to miss the tournaments because they have ****ty software, people just sit out at 55 after.
You know every poker player in Bodog's services areas that play for a living? The 2, 5, 20 or even 50 dudes that you think you know that play for a living don't make up a fraction of 1% of the player pool that synced breaks have the potential to affect.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #4593
unta8
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,205
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Why would anyone give you decent suggestions when literally the most requested features aren't implemented, and completely off the table even for discussion?

1: Sync breaks. Seriously. It's 2014. I know its shocking to you Bovada bigwigs, but even recreational players occasionally want to go to the bathroom.

2: Fix your broken mac software. Nobody likes to restart their computer to reopen Bovada software after the hand history / blackjack button crashes the software.

Oh and get rid of this stupid sports ticker.
unta8 is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 03:03 PM   #4594
iPlayPLOhigh
banned
 
iPlayPLOhigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Right near the beach BOOOOY
Posts: 4,533
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
You know every poker player in Bodog's services areas that play for a living? The 2, 5, 20 or even 50 dudes that you think you know that play for a living don't make up a fraction of 1% of the player pool that synced breaks have the potential to affect.
It's hilarious to me that you people think Bovada is some secret and that not having synced breaks causes MTT players to not play here. It is the only site American's have access to with real tournaments and a good schedule. All of the best US MTT regs play Bovada, it's the only option...
iPlayPLOhigh is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #4595
COKE_MAN
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,337
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

I'll +1 the disconnect/rejoin bug but won't get optimistic since that has been brought in the last several of these suggestion round ups

To add to the list:
1. If you are going to let someone rejoin a table after 5 minutes, make them rejoin with the same stack they had when they left. Maybe an hour or 30 minutes or whatever the standard wait elsewhere is. I know that would sort of go against the anonymous thing since when they rejoined I could guess it was them, but the flip side of that is that they can rat-hole, rejoin, and KNOW that I am still player 6 but as far as I know they are a brand new unknown. May seem a bit nit-picky, but I know it happens.

2. Change the bet box back to where it does not clear when I click it. I know why it was done this way, but how about addressing that problem correctly instead of a kludgey hack?
COKE_MAN is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #4596
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by unta8 View Post
Why would anyone give you decent suggestions when literally the most requested features aren't implemented, and completely off the table even for discussion?

1: Sync breaks. Seriously. It's 2014. I know its shocking to you Bovada bigwigs, but even recreational players occasionally want to go to the bathroom.

2: Fix your broken mac software. Nobody likes to restart their computer to reopen Bovada software after the hand history / blackjack button crashes the software.

Oh and get rid of this stupid sports ticker.
Many of the last 30 posts would disagree... some ideas are off the tables doesn't mean all ideas need to be. If there are things you want to see (outside of the things off the table), why wouldn't you want to suggest them in hopes that they will like the idea, implement it, and make you (the player) happy.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #4597
unta8
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,205
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Basically, why would I want to help you when you clearly don't think enough of us as humans to even give us a 5 minute piss break? You know what people want to see? Sync breaks. Why don't you go and implement that?
unta8 is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #4598
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chim17 View Post
I like them a lot but feel it'd play better at 2000 starting stack.
How come? Just curious.

And I guess I should have explained for those that may not be familiar.. Escalating levels tournaments are tournaments where blind levels are very short to begin with, I think around 3 minutes (I don't have a structure in front of me), and every other blind level, the blind level increases by 2 minutes until it hits 15. So when players are deep in the tournament, blind levels are longest.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #4599
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by unta8 View Post
Basically, why would I want to help you when you clearly don't think enough of us as humans to even give us a 5 minute piss break? You know what people want to see? Sync breaks. Why don't you go and implement that?
Help me to help you.. but if you aren't interested in giving any suggestions, that is perfectly fine too. Enjoy your day
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 08-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #4600
unta8
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,205
Re: ***Bodog Poker Network Official Thread*** FAQ in First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingtown View Post
Problem : The past few days the client has crashed after I clicked the lobby button during my tournament session. it doesn't do this 100 % of the time but seems to occur at least twice a session.
Not 100 % sure but it may have to do with after clicking lobby i also click the blackjack logo right under it and this causes the crash. i'd like the option to remove that as it takes up space and blocks cards from being seen (in PLO). so regardless of the crash issue please give us that option.

System : Windows 7

thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodLovesPoker View Post
Bovada please fix this bug ASAP, or else the community will think you are using it as an anti reg tactic to lower Tournament players' ROI by inducing tilt rage sandstorm 3000 moments. I know of course you are working diligently and furiously over at the offices, but others have started talking raging...
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcatz1999 View Post
You can add me to the long list of people that have experienced multiple crashes (3 so far) in the last couple of days when trying to open a tournament lobby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgrow13 View Post
I just got kicked off bovada, it froze up and closed itself. Won't reopen... opens the launcher and immediately closes it. wtf...
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiier04 View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPlayPLOhigh View Post
I wish you guys would fix your ****ing software. FFS, I've been getting disconnected 20 mins at a time multiple times a week for a over month now. How do you guys do so much right and still have these constant issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane312 View Post
I play on a Mac. The Bovada sound stopped working yesterday and it is also was lagging to the point of the rainbow wheel of death was spinning and I'd time out of every hand... I moved over to Merge for the time being but has this happened to anyone or anyone know a fix? Thanks
This might be a place to start!
unta8 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive