Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 11:07 PM   #4001
ClassicalGuitar23
grinder
 
ClassicalGuitar23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Space
Posts: 546
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

ClassicalGuitar23 is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #4002
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Not sure if it's been suggested, but it would be nice if the new hand replayer maintained the preferred seat ("sit here") you are in to make it easier to follow the replay.

Also if it followed your view preferences so the replayer looked more like your normal tables (perhaps greyed out a bit), that'd look a lot sleeker than it does now.

Last edited by dark_horse; 05-15-2014 at 05:31 PM.
dark_horse is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #4003
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicalGuitar23 View Post
What about adding slightly higher stakes? Like 15-30 nl or 40-80 limit?
I personally think the high stakes games are high enough.

But I do think that on the FL side 20/40 should be changed to 15/30. There is enough 30 action where most of those players probably don't see the point in playing 20, and 20 is too high for the 8/16 and 10/20 crowd. Therefore getting a 20/40 game going is usually pretty tough. However 15/30 would provide a nice step between 10/20 and 30/60, and the 30/60 crowd probably wouldn't be affected. If nothing else it could get more shot taking from the lower rungs.

What's happening now is the 30 action feels like a separate "room" and the middle stakes games run independently of what's going on upstairs.
dark_horse is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #4004
ClassicalGuitar23
grinder
 
ClassicalGuitar23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Space
Posts: 546
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Well I know I can speak for myself and a few other plo players that we would enjoy playing heads up at 25-50 or so , although I know that won't ever happen (probably ) .

I don't play much limit, but I do agree that 15-30 makes way more sense than 20-40.
ClassicalGuitar23 is offline  
Old 05-16-2014, 02:45 AM   #4005
kahntrutahn
Minbet Millionaire
 
kahntrutahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: some old poker player on da beach
Posts: 8,053
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
I personally think the high stakes games are high enough.

But I do think that on the FL side 20/40 should be changed to 15/30. There is enough 30 action where most of those players probably don't see the point in playing 20, and 20 is too high for the 8/16 and 10/20 crowd. Therefore getting a 20/40 game going is usually pretty tough. However 15/30 would provide a nice step between 10/20 and 30/60, and the 30/60 crowd probably wouldn't be affected. If nothing else it could get more shot taking from the lower rungs.

What's happening now is the 30 action feels like a separate "room" and the middle stakes games run independently of what's going on upstairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicalGuitar23 View Post

I don't play much limit, but I do agree that 15-30 makes way more sense than 20-40.

The other US facing network with FLHE traffic used to have 30/60, 20/40 and 15/30. The 20/40 literally ran 10x as often as 15/30. 20/40 is the most natural step between 10/20 and 30/60 IMO.

Look at it like this, you either double from 10/20 to 20/40, or you double from 15/30 to 30/60. I personally prefer the former scenario* **

* Unless of course 15/30 is 2/3rds blind structure, in which case, I love those loose/aggro type games.

** Now that I think of it, the poker room probably strategically decided 10/20 to 20/40 was the superior double for their bottom line as well.


--
Kahn
kahntrutahn is offline  
Old 05-16-2014, 03:17 AM   #4006
CobaltBlue
adept
 
CobaltBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 754
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
Curious as to why you wouldn't want synchronized breaks? How is that not a good thing?
Because it attracts a crowd that is detrimental to one's bottom line.
CobaltBlue is offline  
Old 05-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #4007
A_Schupick
Micros Bad Cop
 
A_Schupick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlue View Post
Because it attracts a crowd that is detrimental to one's bottom line.
Indeed.
A_Schupick is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #4008
Buzzhorn
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 26
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

cashier is down, please fix??
Buzzhorn is offline  
Old 05-18-2014, 11:29 PM   #4009
FPCatcher
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 26
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Bodog_Ice,

I searched this thread but did not find an answer. When trying to run the client from an iMac, I get the following: "You can't open the application 'BovadaPoker' because it is not supported by this type of Mac." I was under the impression that the application works on an iMac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
FPCatcher is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #4010
A_Schupick
Micros Bad Cop
 
A_Schupick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPCatcher View Post
Bodog_Ice,

I searched this thread but did not find an answer. When trying to run the client from an iMac, I get the following: "You can't open the application 'BovadaPoker' because it is not supported by this type of Mac." I was under the impression that the application works on an iMac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What OS are you using?
A_Schupick is offline  
Old 05-20-2014, 09:13 PM   #4011
ClemsonFTW
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 564
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Anyone have any insight to my issue would be greatly appreciated...

I've uninstalled and installed bovada numerous times and when I log in, after I enter my password it just thinks forever and never fully signs in. Any advice for the problem or what I should do to fix... Thanks!
ClemsonFTW is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 12:46 AM   #4012
A_Schupick
Micros Bad Cop
 
A_Schupick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonFTW View Post
Anyone have any insight to my issue would be greatly appreciated...

I've uninstalled and installed bovada numerous times and when I log in, after I enter my password it just thinks forever and never fully signs in. Any advice for the problem or what I should do to fix... Thanks!
What OS are you using?
A_Schupick is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #4013
jay94
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,435
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Is there any plans for mobile devices for regular poker, or will it only be zone poker?
jay94 is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #4014
FPCatcher
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 26
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Schupick View Post
What OS are you using?
OS X 10.9.2
FPCatcher is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 10:20 PM   #4015
JoeSchmo
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,122
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay94 View Post
Is there any plans for mobile devices for regular poker, or will it only be zone poker?
From Bovada's site (http://poker.bovada.lv/mobile-poker):

How is mobile poker different from playing in the regular poker software?

You’ll get the same exciting experience every time you hit the felt.
The main differences are that you can play on only one table at a time, and that only Zone Poker games are available from your mobile. In the future it may be possible to play cash games, sit-and-go tournaments and more.
JoeSchmo is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 01:10 AM   #4016
The Ocean
grinder
 
The Ocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California
Posts: 685
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post


When you get disconnected from the table, can you please take note of the table. A screenshot would be ideal.. but if you could send me the table name, the last hh you played (or the time), and what player number you are.. that would be helpful.


Hi Bodog_Ice, Can you please help make this right. Earlier today 3 handed in a $11 2k tourney I had the chip lead disconnected ended up getting second and was deep in some other tourneys and I was disconnected for maybe 30 mins or so. Lets forget about the first disconnect has the second one was worse, this happened a hour or after the first disconnect.

All today 5/21/2014 for about an hour.

This tourney #5876253 - $11.00 2kG at 17:15 I was number 2. I had 39k with 23 left disconnected blinded out to finished 11th, that easily could of cost me a couple hundred dollars has I was in great shape to final table has one of the chip leaders at the time.

This tourney #7540659 $11.00 12.5kG at 18:30 I was number 12. I had around 12k to 15k around the time I disconnected about 50 away from the money, easily could of cashed I had enough to exact bubble it in 154 place. I was disconnected for about an hour.

This tourney #7262229 $11.00 4kG turbo at 20:30 I was number 173. Am not even sure if I played any hands or if so very few has I got disconnected pretty much right away in that so didn't even really play at all just throw away $11 dollars. Funny thing I wasn't even gonna play it but was deep in the other ones so figured why not and it just cost me $11 for registering and not being able to play.

Every thing worked fine, I could even get on the site but once the tourney lobby pops up and I clicked take my seat the table would show but no players or anything then it would freeze after a min or so. If you could check how many times I logged in today that was me trying to get back on to go through the same thing over and over, I could get on the site/table with no players for less than a min before it froze. You will be able to see I prolly did that over 30 to 50 times.


I ask that you please make this right has this easily cost me a couple hundred at the least. I love this site I never complain about it but this was unacceptable tonight has it cost me hundreds of dollars. Thank you for looking into this and please make this right has it was just wrong tonight, Thanks

My player number is 4536954
The Ocean is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 10:23 AM   #4017
A_Schupick
Micros Bad Cop
 
A_Schupick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,271
What would you have them do, exactly?
A_Schupick is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #4018
Urban Surfer
adept
 
Urban Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmo View Post
From Bovada's site (http://poker.bovada.lv/mobile-poker):

How is mobile poker different from playing in the regular poker software?

You’ll get the same exciting experience every time you hit the felt.
The main differences are that you can play on only one table at a time, and that only Zone Poker games are available from your mobile. In the future it may be possible to play cash games, sit-and-go tournaments and more.
Can't wait for that. Would only make the softest site in the US even softer!
Urban Surfer is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #4019
The Ocean
grinder
 
The Ocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California
Posts: 685
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Schupick View Post
What would you have them do, exactly?

idk but at the least some tourney tickets, one of them I didn't even get to play, another one I was one of the big stacks with like 23 left that could of cost me hundreds, the other one I got exact bubble when I had enough chips to make the money

think about how much that cost me, tourney tickets should be the least I would think, am afraid to hop in a turbo now because of that last night, I just registered for it and didn't even really play it, that's a problem and nothing was wrong on my end
The Ocean is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #4020
Ice_W0lf
Tremendous
 
Ice_W0lf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: I want to go to there..
Posts: 13,533
Hey guys,

I'm not ignoring you.. just on vacation atm (actually posting this from a bar on st kitts, which is why I'm posting from this account).. I'll be back on Monday to pass along your concerns and answer any questions you've asked this week.

Ice
Ice_W0lf is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #4021
Rant
old hand
 
Rant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,436
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Bitcoin withdrawals and deposits please. Pretty please.
Rant is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #4022
pepsi01
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 36
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

whenever i play a tourney i have to close the program and reopen it to see the prizepool updated? any1 know what the issue is
pepsi01 is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #4023
A_Schupick
Micros Bad Cop
 
A_Schupick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocean View Post
idk but at the least some tourney tickets, one of them I didn't even get to play, another one I was one of the big stacks with like 23 left that could of cost me hundreds, the other one I got exact bubble when I had enough chips to make the money

think about how much that cost me, tourney tickets should be the least I would think, am afraid to hop in a turbo now because of that last night, I just registered for it and didn't even really play it, that's a problem and nothing was wrong on my end
Or it cost you very little. Check you might have went deeper this way.
A_Schupick is offline  
Old 05-24-2014, 07:42 AM   #4024
The Ocean
grinder
 
The Ocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: California
Posts: 685
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

that's true that's why I said could of cost me however I had just finished second in another one the same day and I was chip leader with 3 left when I got disconnected the first time I think I could of gotten top 3 again

but the $11 turbo I didn't even really play it, I ended up just registering for it for no reason lol and didn't plan on playing it only did because I was deep in the other two that wasn't right it had nothing to do on my end and I could even log into the site just couldn't get the players to show up at the tables and it froze after a min or so
The Ocean is offline  
Old 05-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #4025
trau
centurion
 
trau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 167
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Hello Bodog Ice.

Any update on changing initial decision time to 20 seconds? Did the software guys like the idea?
trau is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive