Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #3551
the_duece
grinder
 
the_duece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 665
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I was still unable to login to the poker client this morning. I was able to get in touch with support and they sent me an email with instructions to follow. After completing steps 1 and 2, I am now able to login. Hope this helps any of you that are in the same boat.

Here's the instructions:

Quote:
OPTION 1

Manually delete the expired certificate through your Certificate Manager:

For Windows XP,

1. Click the Start button and click 'Run'. This opens the Run Dialog.

2. In the Run box, type 'certmgr.msc' and press Enter, which opens the Certificate Manager.

For Windows Vista:

1. Click the Start button, type 'certmgr.msc' into the 'Search' box and press Enter.

2. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. This opens the Certificate Manager.

For Windows 7:

1. Click the Start button, type 'certmgr.msc' into the 'Search programs and files' box and press Enter.

2. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. This opens the Certificate Manager.

For all versions of Windows, please follow these next steps carefully:

3. Right-click on the 'Certificates - Current User' heading in the left pane.

4. Select 'Find Certificates'.

5. In the 'Contains' field, type 'globalsign' and click the 'Find Now' button.

6. Click on the top column that reads 'Expiration Date'. This'll sort your certificates in order by date.

7. Scroll down to where the expiration date says either "1/28/2014" or "28/1/2014". These are the ones we want to remove.

8. Click on that row to highlight the certificate.

9. Right-Click on the highlighted row and select 'Delete'.

10. When it asks if you want to permanently delete the certificate, choose 'Yes'.

11. Do the same for both expired certificates.

12. Restart your computer.

13. Try to log back in to the Poker software.

14. If unsuccessful, follow these steps again as you may not have deleted all the expired certificates the first time around.

If trying it again doesn't work, proceed to the next option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTION 2

Perform a Windows Update:

1. Open Internet Explorer and go to http://update.microsoft.com/

2. On the left pane under 'Select by Type', choose 'Software, Optional'.

3. Choose 'Select and install other updates'.

4. Under Microsoft Windows XP, look for and click 'Update for Root Certificates for Windows XP (November 2013) KB931125'.

5. Download and install the update.

6. Restart your computer.

7. Try to log back in to our Poker software.

If neither Option 1 or 2 worked, proceed to the last option.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTION 3

Specifically install Microsoft Update KB931125 Update for Root Certificates for Windows XP [November 2013]:

1. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=41084

2. Proceed with the Windows Validation Component.

3. Download and install the update.

4. Restart your computer.

5. Try to log back in to the Poker software.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our team has confirmed that one of these methods should work for you. If you still don't have success, please feel free to contact us and let us know.
the_duece is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 09:34 PM   #3552
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Hey guys,

It seems the issues should now be corrected. If you are having trouble logging in to the client, both bodog.eu and bovada.lv have posted steps in order to help you out:

Bodog.eu OS Certificate Updates
Bovada.lv OS Certificate Updates

If you find yourself still struggling after going through these steps, please contact your operator's customer support.

Ice
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 05:04 AM   #3553
drexah
Pooh-Bah
 
drexah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: boston
Posts: 5,958
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

HH glitch still going on...
drexah is offline  
Old 02-04-2014, 01:12 AM   #3554
tzwien
Pooh-Bah
 
tzwien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,267
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

For the love of god, can you please stop giving players 30 seconds in unopened pots preflop. I just started playing cash a couple days ago and they are the slowest games I've played. And it's a mystery because you can only play 4 tables. People timing out everywhere in unopened pots is putting me on life tilt. Should be 10 seconds in unopened pots.
tzwien is offline  
Old 02-04-2014, 01:48 AM   #3555
BeerBottlez
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,908
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzwien View Post
For the love of god, can you please stop giving players 30 seconds in unopened pots preflop. I just started playing cash a couple days ago and they are the slowest games I've played. And it's a mystery because you can only play 4 tables. People timing out everywhere in unopened pots is putting me on life tilt. Should be 10 seconds in unopened pots.
+1.

Not just for cash but in any tournament that is labeled turbo, super turbo, or hyper turbo needs the time to act adjusted much lower. It's ridiculous how long players get to act.
BeerBottlez is offline  
Old 02-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #3556
drexah
Pooh-Bah
 
drexah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: boston
Posts: 5,958
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I think I've seen it talked about a bit in here but Ice, are you/bovada aware that their Mac client doesn't work with the new Mac OS Updates (specifically Mavericks)? Is there a work around for this? Are they working on an update?
drexah is offline  
Old 02-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #3557
ReasonableDoubt
centurion
 
ReasonableDoubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 103
There are many other issues that are way more important than having a 30 second time bank pre...pls don't waste everyone's time complaining about stuff like this. Take some Adderal/Ritalin and chill out
ReasonableDoubt is offline  
Old 02-04-2014, 10:35 PM   #3558
GutZ
adept
 
GutZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,074
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

30 seconds on every street +time is a bit much. Actually quite a bit much. Please change it. Especially for turbo's and such.

Thank You
GutZ is offline  
Old 02-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #3559
tzwien
Pooh-Bah
 
tzwien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,267
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Had a guy disconnect UTG in a cash game and we had to wait 60 seconds for him to fold. Pretty good stuff. I wonder how much rake it's costing the site having these ridiculously long shot clocks. Surely there's not much demand for 30 second shot clocks preflop, especially in unopened pots, so I really don't know why they haven't shortened the time by now.
tzwien is offline  
Old 02-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #3560
rakeme
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakeme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,715
Are other sites different? I could have sworn pokerstars was 30 seconds...
rakeme is offline  
Old 02-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #3561
Me2theEV
adept
 
Me2theEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Near Madison, WI
Posts: 840
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Pokerstars was slow too. That was the main reason i was on FTP
Me2theEV is offline  
Old 02-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #3562
tzwien
Pooh-Bah
 
tzwien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,267
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Pokerstars was justifiable because there was a 24 max table limit in cash games and unlimited tables for tournaments. A lot of people were happy it was a 30 second shot clock.

But here we have a 4 table max! Not one person on the entire site needs or wants 30 seconds preflop.

And I have never seen someone get a disconnect timebank on any other site when they haven't put any money into the pot. UTG preflop and you get disconnect protection? You're going to make the whole table wait 60 seconds before you time them out?

Again, at a site with a much higher max table limit this isn't a huge deal because it won't be as agonizing to wait for since you'll have a bunch of other tables to distract you. But when you're at most playing 4 tables it makes you want to punch the screen due to the slow games. Constantly having people wind down their 30 seconds preflop is driving me nuts. I can only imagine how it makes the casual 1-tabler feel. Even just thinking about it almost crushes my soul into a singularity.

Are we really going to see a decrease in traffic if the games get sped up just a bit?

Last edited by tzwien; 02-07-2014 at 10:59 AM.
tzwien is offline  
Old 02-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #3563
SilentRebel
journeyman
 
SilentRebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 207
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

even like 5 seconds less would be huge...I spend a lot of my time waiting and I'm almost sure there are people that like to troll some cash tables by taking their whole time on every decision.

It's definitely a problem for stalling in MTTs.
SilentRebel is offline  
Old 02-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #3564
peterchi
veteran
 
peterchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: post-quals syndrome
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzwien View Post
Pokerstars was justifiable because there was a 24 max table limit in cash games and unlimited tables for tournaments. A lot of people were happy it was a 30 second shot clock.
I don't think this makes it justifiable - even if the limit is 24, i don't think this is what the "typical" player was playing. I'm sure there were still lots of unhappy players having to wait. And i would say that if you needed 30 seconds for preflop, then you should be playing less tables - but that's just my opinion.

What would be great is if the preflop and river clocks were different. We agree that with a 4 table max, no one needs or wants 30 seconds preflop. But I've definitely timed out on the river a decent amount of times on legitimate decisions.
peterchi is offline  
Old 02-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #3565
Pokernutz1954
journeyman
 
Pokernutz1954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 395
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Ice,

They need to have more of those $1 cheap seat 100K satellite ticket tournaments. They have them at such odd hours. 2 in the morning, 6 in the morning and 11 at night. btw it's great to be back.
Pokernutz1954 is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 02:19 AM   #3566
Poker_Orifice
grinder
 
Poker_Orifice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 404
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_duece View Post
I was still unable to login to the poker client this morning. I was able to get in touch with support and they sent me an email with instructions to follow. After completing steps 1 and 2, I am now able to login. Hope this helps any of you that are in the same boat.

Here's the instructions:
Thanks.
Just trying this out now (haven't been able to get on the site since the update & was hoping to play a bit this weekend)
Poker_Orifice is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 03:06 AM   #3567
Poker_Orifice
grinder
 
Poker_Orifice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 404
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker_Orifice View Post
Thanks.
Just trying this out now (haven't been able to get on the site since the update & was hoping to play a bit this weekend)
fixed. finally
Poker_Orifice is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 03:12 AM   #3568
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Ice,

Would it be possible to have an option to have the client bring up an "are you sure you want to leave table" popup when closing an open table you're not yet seated at?
dark_horse is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #3569
Adam27X
veteran
 
Adam27X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York/New Jersey border
Posts: 2,086
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
Ice,

Would it be possible to have an option to have the client bring up an "are you sure you want to leave table" popup when closing an open table you're not yet seated at?
Personally, in this regard, I prefer the software the way it is.
Adam27X is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #3570
5thStreetHog
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5thStreetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,687
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam27X View Post
Personally, in this regard, I prefer the software the way it is.
I agree. With the four table max rule, no waiting lists ect, it can be hard to close your table fast enough to then open that one 5/6 table and sit before someone else takes the seat.

I prefer not added any more delays to that process fwiw.
5thStreetHog is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #3571
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,790
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam27X View Post
Personally, in this regard, I prefer the software the way it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thStreetHog View Post
I agree. With the four table max rule, no waiting lists ect, it can be hard to close your table fast enough to then open that one 5/6 table and sit before someone else takes the seat.

I prefer not added any more delays to that process fwiw.
"Option" is the key word. My problem is if I'm watching a full game and looking for a certain seat to take, if I close the window by accident I cannot reopen it. Sure, I can be more careful, but an option for the challenged dummies in us would be neat.
dark_horse is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 02:17 AM   #3572
5thStreetHog
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5thStreetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,687
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
"Option" is the key word.
Yeah, my bad.

I must admit I glanced over that word.

That would be fine of course.
5thStreetHog is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #3573
Adam27X
veteran
 
Adam27X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York/New Jersey border
Posts: 2,086
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Yeah, my mistake as well.
Adam27X is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #3574
madcatz1999
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,274
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***


This was in an MTT, I believe right after getting switched to a different table. One of three things needs to happen: 1) Don't start the clock until the player has closed the dialog on the old table to get shown the new table (similar to how there's a separate timer for a disconnection). 2) Automatically show the player the new table without having to close the dialog box. 3) Don't deal a player into a hand until he/she closes the dialog box and is shown the new table (similar to how it happens in live tournaments).

It's not fair to only see a hand for less than 1 second before it gets automatically folded.

Last edited by madcatz1999; 02-09-2014 at 04:14 PM.
madcatz1999 is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #3575
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

With it being Sunday Funday and all... I thought I would quote my post from before. If you are having trouble logging into the client, please follow the directions from one of the links below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Hey guys,

It seems the issues should now be corrected. If you are having trouble logging in to the client, both bodog.eu and bovada.lv have posted steps in order to help you out:

Bodog.eu OS Certificate Updates
Bovada.lv OS Certificate Updates

If you find yourself still struggling after going through these steps, please contact your operator's customer support.

Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexah View Post
I think I've seen it talked about a bit in here but Ice, are you/bovada aware that their Mac client doesn't work with the new Mac OS Updates (specifically Mavericks)? Is there a work around for this? Are they working on an update?
They are aware of a lag that is occurring when animations are turned on (which is being worked on), but I haven't heard anything about the client not working at all. Does it simply not open? Does it give any sort of error code or whatever (sorry, I'm not familiar at all with macs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernutz1954 View Post
Ice,

They need to have more of those $1 cheap seat 100K satellite ticket tournaments. They have them at such odd hours. 2 in the morning, 6 in the morning and 11 at night. btw it's great to be back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
Ice,

Would it be possible to have an option to have the client bring up an "are you sure you want to leave table" popup when closing an open table you're not yet seated at?
Will pass these along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcatz1999 View Post

This was in an MTT, I believe right after getting switched to a different table. One of three things needs to happen: 1) Don't start the clock until the player has closed the dialog on the old table to get shown the new table (similar to how there's a separate timer for a disconnection). 2) Automatically show the player the new table without having to close the dialog box. 3) Don't deal a player into a hand until he/she closes the dialog box and is shown the new table (similar to how it happens in live tournaments).

It's not fair to only see a hand for less than 1 second before it gets automatically folded.
I'll pass this along. Thank you for the screen shot.
Bodog_Ice is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive