Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #251
djg1979
adept
 
djg1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,024
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

^^^ I noticed it's been taking a little longer than 24 hours to see everyone's cards, more like 25-30 hours.
djg1979 is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #252
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Just a quick post to give you guys a small update from your cash game suggestions:

- Being able to sit back down w/in 5 min with the same stack: This won't be changed at any point in the near future as this is the way network will be combating rat holing as well as people standing up and sitting back down in order to erase notes.

- Raising the min buyin: Also something that won't be changing anytime soon. The network raised the min-buyin from 20bb to 30bb last year and this is what they are comfortable with at this time.

As for some changes to look out for in the not too distant future:

- Tables not popping to the front is something that is being worked on and they hope to have a fix for it soon.

- Preferred seating is also being worked on now and should be available in the short term future.

- One change that will be happening, hopefully as soon as next week, the network is responding to your feedback about the amount of time players are taking to act in turbo, super turbo, and hyper turbo tournaments. So once that is implemented, here will be the new times:

* Players will have 15 seconds to act every time the action is on them, instead of 30 seconds as it is now.

* Your time bank for the entire tournament will only be 30 seconds, rather than the 90 seconds that it is as present time.

As far as the rest goes, there was some failure of communication on my part when I sent them the email with the list. I wasn't clear with regards to some of the problems, but I will be sure to correct that and have more for next week.

Also, I have been tracking the other suggestions and errors in this thread and will be sure to pass them on. I'll compile the mtt/sng list tomorrow night and pass it on to the network, so if you have any more suggestions for what kind of mtts or sngs you'd like to see.. please put them in here.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #253
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Just a quick post to give you guys a small update from your cash game suggestions:

- Being able to sit back down w/in 5 min with the same stack: This won't be changed at any point in the near future as this is the way network will be combating rat holing as well as people standing up and sitting back down in order to erase notes.

- Raising the min buyin: Also something that won't be changing anytime soon. The network raised the min-buyin from 20bb to 30bb last year and this is what they are comfortable with at this time.

As for some changes to look out for in the not too distant future:

- Tables not popping to the front is something that is being worked on and they hope to have a fix for it soon.

- Preferred seating is also being worked on now and should be available in the short term future.

- One change that will be happening, hopefully as soon as next week, the network is responding to your feedback about the amount of time players are taking to act in turbo, super turbo, and hyper turbo tournaments. So once that is implemented, here will be the new times:

* Players will have 15 seconds to act every time the action is on them, instead of 30 seconds as it is now.

* Your time bank for the entire tournament will only be 30 seconds, rather than the 90 seconds that it is as present time.

As far as the rest goes, there was some failure of communication on my part when I sent them the email with the list. I wasn't clear with regards to some of the problems, but I will be sure to correct that and have more for next week.

Also, I have been tracking the other suggestions and errors in this thread and will be sure to pass them on. I'll compile the mtt/sng list tomorrow night and pass it on to the network, so if you have any more suggestions for what kind of mtts or sngs you'd like to see.. please put them in here.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. They need to fix the bugs and stop ****ing around with adding new features. If they really want to show how great they are and how much different they were than the "last" group of programmers, then they should be going out of their way to fix these bugs instead of who knows what they are working on now.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #254
jason403
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 378
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

The lag issue seems to be a major problem. Although action still gets through, even though the timer has already went below zero is a positive.

I can confirm this is not just individuals' problems as I was speaking to a couple friends who were also playing on Bodog, as they said they experienced lag at the same time as I did. So this must be a network problem.

I agree with a lot of other posters on here that network stability and fixing fundamental problems as opposed to cosmetic ones are of highest priority to most players.

Fixing lag, auto-post blinds being unchecked randomly by software, and lag within attempting to re-buy chips on cash tables are all concerns that directly affect gameplay. Would just be nice to know that Bodog is aware of these problems, and that they consider them a priority as well.
jason403 is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #255
LT22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,842
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I operate under the assumption Bodog intentionally has these bugs built in the software and will never fix them.
LT22 is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #256
MarvoMore
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

From Bovada help for deposit methods:

"Prior to issuing your payout, you may need to complete one Credit Card Verification Form for each credit card you use to deposit. Enter your account information on the form, then print, sign, and date it. Additionally, make an imprint of your credit card by placing it under the printed form and lightly rubbing a pencil over the top of it. Fax the completed form to 1-888-743-2269 or email it to verification@bovada.lv, along with the following documents:

A photocopy of your government issued photo ID (e.g., your driver's license).
Photocopies, front and back, of your credit card.

To ensure the form is legible, set both the photocopier and the fax machine on the lightest possible setting."

Is all this necessary for all new accounts? This all seems like a big pain in the ass.
I've not seen any other site that wants this type of information and makes me not want to sign up with this site.
MarvoMore is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #257
-sham-
old hand
 
-sham-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Posts: 1,752
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
- Being able to sit back down w/in 5 min with the same stack: This won't be changed at any point in the near future as this is the way network will be combating rat holing as well as people standing up and sitting back down in order to erase notes.
Then please suggest they change the way the system handles players when it detects a disconnect

from: booting them off the table
to: sitting them out for 5 minutes... then booting them if not returned

Currently: Software lags and thinks you disco and then boots you off the table. This means

a) player can't come back for 5minutes ... which sucks. seats sometimes fill and you do not get your seat at all. games sometimes break as if this occurs 3handed some players do not wish to play HU and leave.

b) players are restricted to buyin for 100bb max when they return. Sometimes player is several hundred bb's deep with other players. Getting disco'd and returning for less sucks balls.
-sham- is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #258
georgebushda3rd
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason403 View Post
The lag issue seems to be a major problem. Although action still gets through, even though the timer has already went below zero is a positive.

I can confirm this is not just individuals' problems as I was speaking to a couple friends who were also playing on Bodog, as they said they experienced lag at the same time as I did. So this must be a network problem.

I agree with a lot of other posters on here that network stability and fixing fundamental problems as opposed to cosmetic ones are of highest priority to most players.

Fixing lag, auto-post blinds being unchecked randomly by software, and lag within attempting to re-buy chips on cash tables are all concerns that directly affect gameplay. Would just be nice to know that Bodog is aware of these problems, and that they consider them a priority as well.
I totally agree, I don't know what happened but the last 5 days I'm in a middle of a hand and I get disconnected then comes right back on like 10 seconds later. Everything was going so good so this is a major issue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvoMore View Post
From Bovada help for deposit methods:

"Prior to issuing your payout, you may need to complete one Credit Card Verification Form for each credit card you use to deposit. Enter your account information on the form, then print, sign, and date it. Additionally, make an imprint of your credit card by placing it under the printed form and lightly rubbing a pencil over the top of it. Fax the completed form to 1-888-743-2269 or email it to verification@bovada.lv, along with the following documents:

A photocopy of your government issued photo ID (e.g., your driver's license).
Photocopies, front and back, of your credit card.

To ensure the form is legible, set both the photocopier and the fax machine on the lightest possible setting."

Is all this necessary for all new accounts? This all seems like a big pain in the ass.
I've not seen any other site that wants this type of information and makes me not want to sign up with this site.
Kind of hard to do if you use pre-paid gift cards that you throw away?

Last edited by Mike Haven; 03-27-2012 at 06:35 AM. Reason: 2 posts merged
georgebushda3rd is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #259
Green Bastard
journeyman
 
Green Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 255
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebushda3rd View Post
Kind of hard to do if you use pre-paid gift cards that you throw away?
You don't have to do it for gift cards just credit/debit cards.
Green Bastard is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #260
mouthtoilet
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 582
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

so im logged back into my bodog account after like 4 years. i was getting rb back then, will i still get it now?

also how would i find out who my affiliate is since its been ages?
mouthtoilet is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #261
georgebushda3rd
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bastard View Post
You don't have to do it for gift cards just credit/debit cards.
Ok thanx for letting me know that I didn't know.

Hey Ice can you suggest 18m, 27m STT's for higher buyins I'm sure more people are looking for that all they really have is the 45m for a buck I think we need more options.

Last edited by Mike Haven; 03-27-2012 at 06:36 AM. Reason: 2 posts merged
georgebushda3rd is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #262
djkelly69
veteran
 
djkelly69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Couch
Posts: 2,599
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sham- View Post
Then please suggest they change the way the system handles players when it detects a disconnect

from: booting them off the table
to: sitting them out for 5 minutes... then booting them if not returned

Currently: Software lags and thinks you disco and then boots you off the table. This means

a) player can't come back for 5minutes ... which sucks. seats sometimes fill and you do not get your seat at all. games sometimes break as if this occurs 3handed some players do not wish to play HU and leave.

b) players are restricted to buyin for 100bb max when they return. Sometimes player is several hundred bb's deep with other players. Getting disco'd and returning for less sucks balls.
+1 to all of this.

If you want to prevent rat-holing, fine no problem, make it 30 minutes you cant get back on to the same table if you want.

But something has to be done about being simply disconnected for a matter of seconds, and then being booted off a table and not able to rejoin in your previous position with your previous stack.

Why doesnt the software, like all other sites that I am aware of, simply sit someone out if they disconnect? This is usually for a period of at least 5 minutes before you are actually booted off a table.

So so frustrating to finally get like 200bbs deep with someone you have been battling with, and then disconnect and either lose your seat completely or only be able to buyin for 100bbs.
djkelly69 is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #263
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog_Ice View Post
Just a quick post to give you guys a small update from your cash game suggestions:
Serious question...does Bodog have people who check out other poker sites to see how things are implemented so they can try to match it? This is how software has been built from the beginning of time. It seems like Bodog has no clue how other poker sites are run, so they implement something half-assed with no research or testing, then when they get complaints they try to band aid it.

Why can't they just build something correctly from the ground up?
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #264
duh
Pooh-Bah
 
duh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,747
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

duh is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #265
djg1979
adept
 
djg1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,024
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Anybody know what this update included, I don't see any difference.
djg1979 is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #266
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg1979 View Post
Anybody know what this update included, I don't see any difference.
I will try to find out.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #267
cristi13
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 299
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg1979 View Post
Anybody know what this update included, I don't see any difference.
yeah, my hud won't work no more
cristi13 is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #268
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg1979 View Post
Anybody know what this update included, I don't see any difference.
I emailed them trying to ask and got back their typical first reply that translates to "we have no ****ing clue what you're talking about and our cue cards don't have a reply for this, so ask again using different words."

If I get something useful I'll post it.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #269
Bodog_Ice
Deactivated rep account
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 514
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

The update was a small one.. the only player facing change is for the client to be able to display Chinese.
Bodog_Ice is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #270
bicyclekick
luckbox
 
bicyclekick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: waiting to ski
Posts: 7,070
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Did ice ever get back regarding HI?
bicyclekick is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #271
5thStreetHog
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5thStreetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,687
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclekick View Post
Did ice ever get back regarding HI?
No. But nothing in the site rules state or imply that its illegal. Imo that makes it legal, although having a 14 hand sample size of a minimal selection of stats on the player to your right isnt all its cracked up to be anyways for $107.
5thStreetHog is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #272
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thStreetHog View Post
No. But nothing in the site rules state or imply that its illegal. Imo that makes it legal.
Not true...I received a reply from Bovada CS stating that it was illegal. Ice said he was going to try and get a definitive answer.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #273
5thStreetHog
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5thStreetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,687
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
Not true...I received a reply from Bovada CS stating that it was illegal. Ice said he was going to try and get a definitive answer.
Whats not true? Show me what in the T&C makes you believe its illegal? CS usually has no clue what you are even talking about not to mention they are irrelevant. The T&C set the game rules.
5thStreetHog is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #274
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thStreetHog View Post
Whats not true? Show me what in the T&C makes you believe its illegal? CS usually has no clue what you are even talking about not to mention they are irrelevant. The T&C set the game rules.
It's posted on the same page that you're reading right now.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=214

Don't argue with me, argue with them.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 03-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #275
5thStreetHog
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5thStreetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,687
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
It's posted on the same page that you're reading right now.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=214

Don't argue with me, argue with them.
Please read my post again. Ive had CS people on every site tell me HEM/PT are illegal because they sometimes have no clue what you mean. The site rules are also posted on this page please read them as they are the rules. As I stated, just because a CS rep says something it doesnt void the game rules that the company posted and you agreed to follow when you play at their site. I could care less what some uniformed CS rep emailed you.
5thStreetHog is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive