Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Discussion of Poker Sites General discussion of online poker sites.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #226
drexah
Pooh-Bah
 
drexah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: boston
Posts: 5,958
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

I like the 5 minute implementation of sitting back down at a table you just left - But something really needs to be done about when you get disconnected (and the software even notices it, displaying the 'you are disconnected' boxes) then you reconnect 30 seconds later, the same tables are up, it says you've reconnected, but you are no longer sitting and someone else has taken your seat...
drexah is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #227
annies boobs
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 51
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

*Glitch*

In cash games, Auto post blinds gets unchecked most of the time when you reload your stack/top up your stack. This can be very frustrating because you tend not to notice it when 4 tabling.
annies boobs is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #228
A MTT PRO
grinder
 
A MTT PRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Going deep and running good
Posts: 611
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh View Post
Bodog has the nut low ammount of beeping in the industry, soo.....
You have got to be kidding me. It even beeps when you preselect fold to any bet or check/fold. If I click fold to any bet and go to the other room to do something I don't want to hear the same loud beep telling me it is my turn. The beeps and sound effects in general at Bodog are pretty bad and I think most 2+2ers will agree.
A MTT PRO is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #229
SFCellman
adept
 
SFCellman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 799
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by annies boobs View Post
*Glitch*

In cash games, Auto post blinds gets unchecked most of the time when you reload your stack/top up your stack. This can be very frustrating because you tend not to notice it when 4 tabling.

Yes, this sucks.
SFCellman is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #230
GoDeViLs
veteran
 
GoDeViLs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,452
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MTT PRO View Post
You have got to be kidding me. It even beeps when you preselect fold to any bet or check/fold. If I click fold to any bet and go to the other room to do something I don't want to hear the same loud beep telling me it is my turn. The beeps and sound effects in general at Bodog are pretty bad and I think most 2+2ers will agree.
I agree and disagree. The beeps that occur when action is not on you need to be eliminated (or an option to have alerts on turn only). The beep when its your turn needs to be louder proportionally to the garbage chip moving sounds and some sort of notification needs to occur when you are timing out.

The tables are super-slow and its because of players using their full 30 per turn way too often. Imo it is because there aren't any sounds when you are timing down and also because the alert sound on turn is same volume as all the other background beeps and chip shuffling (unreal annoying). You just dont hear it every time it's on your turn.
GoDeViLs is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #231
mcleod014
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 933
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by annies boobs View Post
*Glitch*

In cash games, Auto post blinds gets unchecked most of the time when you reload your stack/top up your stack. This can be very frustrating because you tend not to notice it when 4 tabling.
+1
mcleod014 is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #232
A MTT PRO
grinder
 
A MTT PRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Going deep and running good
Posts: 611
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeViLs View Post
I agree and disagree. The beeps that occur when action is not on you need to be eliminated (or an option to have alerts on turn only). The beep when its your turn needs to be louder proportionally to the garbage chip moving sounds and some sort of notification needs to occur when you are timing out.

The tables are super-slow and its because of players using their full 30 per turn way too often. Imo it is because there aren't any sounds when you are timing down and also because the alert sound on turn is same volume as all the other background beeps and chip shuffling (unreal annoying). You just dont hear it every time it's on your turn.
I totally agree with all this.... but they should lower the amount of time to act each hand as well(especially in turbos, super turbos and hyper turbos). It is awful to play a mtt and you are on the bubble, and these guys are taking the full 30 every hand, and letting the 90 second time bank run.

I guess what we are really saying is this software isn't multi-table friendly when it comes to the amount of noise.... all the beeps going on make it hard to realize when you need to act. The truth is we have known all along they weren't catering to the sharks who multitable, the site wants the poker to be more friendly to the casino and sportsbetters who are just playing poker every once in a while in between blackjack and watching sports games.

Last edited by A MTT PRO; 03-22-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: so I doubt they will fix the noise anytime soon
A MTT PRO is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #233
transversal
grinder
 
transversal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 602
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

The hand histories aren't working as advertised. Most of the hands I flagged to check later didn't have all of the cards shown like they were supposed to.
I examined them well after the 24 hour period.
transversal is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #234
jason403
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 378
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by transversal View Post
The hand histories aren't working as advertised. Most of the hands I flagged to check later didn't have all of the cards shown like they were supposed to.
I examined them well after the 24 hour period.
I've noticed this as well. Looking up hands by hand number does not show any of opponents hole cards unless they went to showdown.

The only way to find hands from previous session is manually cycling through all hands played that day when locating the right table (which is hard to do since table names are not listed under the header 'table name.'
jason403 is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #235
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by transversal View Post
The hand histories aren't working as advertised. Most of the hands I flagged to check later didn't have all of the cards shown like they were supposed to.
I examined them well after the 24 hour period.
Account/Hand History tab/Game Transactions

Pick the hands from there instead of the standard spot to grab HH's from.
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #236
trangers
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ALCS
Posts: 394
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
LOL I saw that. That's harsh. A few weeks ago I was playing joeyrulesall HU4ROLLZ and the same sort of thing happened. First I get disconnected and it drops me from the table. Then a while later not only do we both get disconnected, but it was at least 30 minutes before it would let me log back on. This was before their 5 minute update too.

In before trangers asks me to check my firewall.
Have you checked your firewall?

Trangers

Last edited by trangers; 03-22-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: ROT
trangers is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #237
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by trangers View Post
Have you checked your firewall?

Trangers
I did. Blocked every single reference to Bovada/Bodog, etc. and the ****ing site still opens and lets me play just fine.

Morphy
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #238
SharkBaitAA
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 441
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDeViLs View Post
It also pisses off the rec players who complain in chat about timing down. The hands per hour are noticeably lower than old Bodog or any other sites. If you play turbos, supers, or hypers; you sometimes post less than 1 bb per level (yes, I've had this happen before), which imo is absurd. Its a lose-lose situation, Bodog loses rake and 4 tablers lose hands.
In a full ring hyper I have played where levels are something like 3 mins there have been times where from the first card dealt until the bubble has passed that each and every player has used their entire 30 sec time bank. That's not even on bb per level...it was the worst MTT experience of my life and won't ever play another tourney on Bovada as long as there are 30 second time banks...especially on hypers....

it was REALLY fun when several players all used their 90 second time bank as the bubble was nearing but still dozens of players away...literally a couple levels passed before we made a round.
SharkBaitAA is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #239
A MTT PRO
grinder
 
A MTT PRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Going deep and running good
Posts: 611
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBaitAA View Post
In a full ring hyper I have played where levels are something like 3 mins there have been times where from the first card dealt until the bubble has passed that each and every player has used their entire 30 sec time bank. That's not even on bb per level...it was the worst MTT experience of my life and won't ever play another tourney on Bovada as long as there are 30 second time banks...especially on hypers....

it was REALLY fun when several players all used their 90 second time bank as the bubble was nearing but still dozens of players away...literally a couple levels passed before we made a round.
This
A MTT PRO is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #240
transversal
grinder
 
transversal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 602
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
Account/Hand History tab/Game Transactions

Pick the hands from there instead of the standard spot to grab HH's from.
I don't see any hand histories there.
n/m, I found them. Thanks! but you can't search by hand number.
transversal is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #241
XaQ Morphy
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,022
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by transversal View Post
I don't see any hand histories there.
What do you see there?
XaQ Morphy is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #242
transversal
grinder
 
transversal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 602
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
What do you see there?
I found them... thanks.
transversal is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #243
djg1979
adept
 
djg1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBaitAA View Post
In a full ring hyper I have played where levels are something like 3 mins there have been times where from the first card dealt until the bubble has passed that each and every player has used their entire 30 sec time bank. That's not even on bb per level...it was the worst MTT experience of my life and won't ever play another tourney on Bovada as long as there are 30 second time banks...especially on hypers....

it was REALLY fun when several players all used their 90 second time bank as the bubble was nearing but still dozens of players away...literally a couple levels passed before we made a round.
That needs to be switched to 10 sec and no time bank. Hypers should be hypers.
djg1979 is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #244
transversal
grinder
 
transversal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 602
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
What do you see there?
BTW, I'm often "Player 3" on bodog.
transversal is offline  
Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #245
LT22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,842
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by annies boobs View Post
*Glitch*

In cash games, Auto post blinds gets unchecked most of the time when you reload your stack/top up your stack. This can be very frustrating because you tend not to notice it when 4 tabling.
this is KILLING me...please please please fix

EDIT: I would like to add that I will play the same # of tables regardless of if this issue is fixed or not. The only thing this issue is doing is costing Bodog rake. It won't deter me from playing on the site (just in case those idiots actually did this on purpose).

I don't see this issue at HU cash tables, but it definitely is happening to me at 6max.

Last edited by LT22; 03-23-2012 at 12:23 AM.
LT22 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #246
transversal
grinder
 
transversal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 602
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaQ Morphy View Post
Account/Hand History tab/Game Transactions

Pick the hands from there instead of the standard spot to grab HH's from.
Ok, some of the hands that weren't there in the usual spot are there. However, some hands are still not even there? Is it a situation where they will appear in one area or the other?? Typically frustrating software from Bodog.
transversal is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #247
5thStreetHog
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
5thStreetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,687
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT22 View Post
this is KILLING me...please please please fix
+1000
5thStreetHog is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 04:46 AM   #248
bicyclekick
luckbox
 
bicyclekick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: waiting to ski
Posts: 7,070
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Yeah, when you use the hand searcher it returns the hand but doesn't show the hole cards. This should be an easy fix...
bicyclekick is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #249
tercol58
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 320
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

[QUOTE=A MTT PRO;32202875]I totally agree with all this.... but they should lower the amount of time to act each hand as well(especially in turbos, super turbos and hyper turbos). It is awful to play a mtt and you are on the bubble, and these guys are taking the full 30 every hand, and letting the 90 second time bank run.
I feel that these players are using this to run others out of the game.
tercol58 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #250
transversal
grinder
 
transversal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 602
Re: *** Official Bodog Network Support Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by transversal View Post
Ok, some of the hands that weren't there in the usual spot are there. However, some hands are still not even there? Is it a situation where they will appear in one area or the other?? Typically frustrating software from Bodog.
And some hands are not showing up in the list of hands. When you search them, you get hand history with the hole cards shown (just those shown at showdown.) So there are still bugs here, IMO. Why would some hands be missed?
transversal is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive