Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close? Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close?

03-15-2008 , 04:11 AM
I will be surprised if i am getting my 15k back.Already departed from them in my mind...
Will never set foot in Micrograming again.

Screw you and your new software.
Pay the players, you cheats!
03-15-2008 , 04:53 AM
It's a pity there isn't a method to sell accounts. I'm sure there would be buyers at an appropriate discount if there was a way to assure payment from players if they did get paid.
03-15-2008 , 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Made Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close?
It's a pity there isn't a method to sell accounts. I'm sure there would be buyers at an appropriate discount if there was a way to assure payment from players if they did get paid.
Funny you mention this, I was thinking this exact thing just yesterday.
03-15-2008 , 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Made Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close?
It's a pity there isn't a method to sell accounts. I'm sure there would be buyers at an appropriate discount if there was a way to assure payment from players if they did get paid.
No Kidding, I want to advertise myself as a player. "I'm a medium stakes regular who playes anywhere from 17-50K hands a month at mid stakes. I have 11.1K locked up on RedNines, If someone is willing to put up the money to let me play on a legit site I will promise I will play X amount of hands or for X amount of time."
03-15-2008 , 06:59 PM
I understand that not much information is being released but does anyone know if it is best to just leave your money in your account and wait or is it best to make a withdrawal request now?
03-15-2008 , 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyceUK Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close?
I understand that not much information is being released but does anyone know if it is best to just leave your money in your account and wait or is it best to make a withdrawal request now?
This question has been answered so many times in this thread, if you would just take the time to read before posting.

Noone knows whats best. I don't think it will matter in the end. But if you want reassurance, keep your money where it is. Then you can look at it each day and think about good old times.
03-15-2008 , 08:11 PM
has anyone even tried contacting the Interactive Gaming Council?

Microgaming is a member as well as Full Tilt Poker, Mohawk Internet Technology (aka the Kahnawake) and Poker Stars (under the parent company name Rational Entertainment):

FULL MEMBERSHIP LIST
http://www.igcouncil.org/index.php?o...d=30&Itemid=54

TO FILE A COMPLAINT
http://www.igcouncil.org/index.php?o...pper&Itemid=40


"Notice: IGC is currently experiencing technical difficulties, to file a complaint send an email to info@igcouncil.org.

Have a Complaint?

Members of the Interactive Gaming Council (IGC) have all agreed to abide by the IGC's Code of Conduct. Although there currently is no specific formal requirement of the members to submit to mediation or arbitration with regard to consumer complaints, where appropriate, members have voluntary agreed to mediate problems through the offices of the IGC.

If you feel that a member operator has treated you unfairly, or you have tried to resolve problems with an member operator but it has been unresponsive, you may submit your compliant to the IGC and we will attempt to assist you. In order to submit your problem, please complete the form below in its entirety. We will look into the issue and respond to you as soon as possible."

PLEASE BE SURE TO PROVIDE AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE.

Last edited by luvcake; 03-15-2008 at 08:18 PM. Reason: cuz i have to do everything
03-15-2008 , 09:41 PM
I contacted KGC-Complaints@mck.ca
Thats the licensees told them the craic and got the answer

Hi XXXXX,



I am sorry we are not aware of this situation. I will look into this.



Administrative Support Clerk

Kahnawake Gaming Commission

kgc-complaints@mck.ca
03-15-2008 , 10:12 PM
Can someone draw up a letter that we can all send~?
03-15-2008 , 11:59 PM
This crap still hasn't been resolved yet? Anyone want to give a CliffNotes version? I seriously feel for everyone that has money stuck.
03-16-2008 , 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel108 Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close?
This crap still hasn't been resolved yet? Anyone want to give a CliffNotes version? I seriously feel for everyone that has money stuck.
Cliffnotes: No one has any clue what the f*** is going on and we're all mighty pissed. If it's not fixed soon, a bunch of us hotheads are going down to Australia with baseball bats.
03-16-2008 , 01:48 AM
SKIP THE KAHNAWAKE!!! GO DIRECTLY TO THE INTERACTIVE GAMING COMMISSION!!!!

TRUST ME (WAS THAT JOANNE, BTW, THE CLERK?) USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-16-2008 , 01:49 AM
also, I would recommend alerting other, smaller poker forums. can I name them here?

they are quite vocal bunch with lots of connections.
03-16-2008 , 02:52 AM
What Kanewake has to do in our situation ?
03-16-2008 , 04:20 AM
The first post in this thread has a link to the Cliffs Notes.
03-16-2008 , 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_Ripper Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close?
Dude, I'm in the same spot as you. No point in flaming other members. I also have 20K locked up at rednines so don't start talking bs.

If you're going to kill someone please make sure it's someone from microgaming who are responsible... jeez..
Blaming Microgaming for the loss of your money is flat out wrong. And here's why...

Look at things from this perspective;
Microgaming is like a landlord. They rent out space on their network to companies like Tusk (the tenant in this case). Prior to renting Tusk the space, they do a credit and reference check. Tusk comes up clean in this case so Microgaming accepts them as tenants. Prior to UIGEA, the company was doing very well.

The US government enacts a law which makes it very difficult for Tusk to remain profitable but they struggle along for a year os so before admitting they're bankrupt. They go to their landlord (Microgaming) and announce they plan to put the company into liquidation.

Microgaming has no choice but to lock the doors on Tusk, it's what every landlord does in a case like this. Microgaming is taking a huge financial hit in this case as well. When the tenant becomes insolvent, he leaves his investors and customers holding the bag for X amount of dollars. He leaves his landlord with unpaid rent and a ton of vacant real estate.

But, the customers and creditors don't sue or blame the landlord for their losses because the landlord (Microgaming) had nothing to do with it.

Every network operates in a similar fashion - Ongame, Cryptologic, Merge, etc...
The big difference is that Microgaming has a reputation for stepping in and covering player's losses in past cases like this. So, you may still get your money. But bashing Microgaming is wrong and could actually hurt your chances in the long term.

Additionally, at this point in time... Tusk is "in liquidation" which means that they're trying to find a buyer to take over the company. There is still a slim chance someone will step up and take over all or some of Tusk's brands.

Unfortunately, these things take time. It could be months before we know get any clear answers.

Last edited by FoxInTheHenHouse; 03-16-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: typo
03-16-2008 , 11:59 AM
we should ask Guy Laliberté to buy it since he has so much money and likes poker, then i'd get my monies back!
03-16-2008 , 12:11 PM
lol solid plan
03-16-2008 , 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxInTheHenHouse Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close?
Blaming Microgaming for the loss of your money is flat out wrong. And here's why...

Look at things from this perspective;
Microgaming is like a landlord. They rent out space on their network to companies like Tusk (the tenant in this case). Prior to renting Tusk the space, they do a credit and reference check. Tusk comes up clean in this case so Microgaming accepts them as tenants. Prior to UIGEA, the company was doing very well.

The US government enacts a law which makes it very difficult for Tusk to remain profitable but they struggle along for a year os so before admitting they're bankrupt. They go to their landlord (Microgaming) and announce they plan to put the company into liquidation.

Microgaming has no choice but to lock the doors on Tusk, it's what every landlord does in a case like this. Microgaming is taking a huge financial hit in this case as well. When the tenant becomes insolvent, he leaves his investors and customers holding the bag for X amount of dollars. He leaves his landlord with unpaid rent and a ton of vacant real estate.

But, the customers and creditors don't sue or blame the landlord for their losses because the landlord (Microgaming) had nothing to do with it.

Every network operates in a similar fashion - Ongame, Cryptologic, Merge, etc...
The big difference is that Microgaming has a reputation for stepping in and covering player's losses in past cases like this. So, you may still get your money. But bashing Microgaming is wrong and could actually hurt your chances in the long term.

Additionally, at this point in time... Tusk is "in liquidation" which means that they're trying to find a buyer to take over the company. There is still a slim chance someone will step up and take over all or some of Tusk's brands.

Unfortunately, these things take time. It could be months before we know get any clear answers.
People are rightfully upset with Microgaming because they allowed their players to be treated like this under their "umbrella" and haven't said a damn thing about what we can expect to happen which qualifies as negligence/poor customer service. This group of players has given this company how much money over the last few years? an assload..

Microgaming is definitely at fault here in the aftermath. If this whole thing ends up terribly i think a lot of us players will do whatever we can to make sure they are publicly flogged in the poker/gaming community, whether it's organizing boycotts or a making sure there's a PR campaign shedding light in the gambling media on how negligent and disrespectful they've been to their loyal player base..

That said they can still step up and do the right thing and save their reputation.

Also, Tusk is going into liquidation not bankruptcy.

Last edited by Fulzgold; 03-16-2008 at 12:53 PM.
03-16-2008 , 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transa Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close?
Can someone draw up a letter that we can all send~?
Please
03-16-2008 , 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxInTheHenHouse Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close?
Blaming Microgaming for the loss of your money is flat out wrong.
/----/
But bashing Microgaming is wrong and could actually hurt your chances in the long term.
Oh! I apologize so much for depositing money in one of the skins in the Microgaming network. I didn't intentionally meant to cause MG all this trouble with my mistake. So, once again, Im soooo sorry.
03-16-2008 , 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxInTheHenHouse Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close?
Blaming Microgaming for the loss of your money is flat out wrong. And here's why...

Look at things from this perspective;
Microgaming is like a landlord. They rent out space on their network to companies like Tusk (the tenant in this case). Prior to renting Tusk the space, they do a credit and reference check. Tusk comes up clean in this case so Microgaming accepts them as tenants. Prior to UIGEA, the company was doing very well.

The US government enacts a law which makes it very difficult for Tusk to remain profitable but they struggle along for a year os so before admitting they're bankrupt. They go to their landlord (Microgaming) and announce they plan to put the company into liquidation.

Microgaming has no choice but to lock the doors on Tusk, it's what every landlord does in a case like this. Microgaming is taking a huge financial hit in this case as well. When the tenant becomes insolvent, he leaves his investors and customers holding the bag for X amount of dollars. He leaves his landlord with unpaid rent and a ton of vacant real estate.

But, the customers and creditors don't sue or blame the landlord for their losses because the landlord (Microgaming) had nothing to do with it.

Every network operates in a similar fashion - Ongame, Cryptologic, Merge, etc...
The big difference is that Microgaming has a reputation for stepping in and covering player's losses in past cases like this. So, you may still get your money. But bashing Microgaming is wrong and could actually hurt your chances in the long term.

Additionally, at this point in time... Tusk is "in liquidation" which means that they're trying to find a buyer to take over the company. There is still a slim chance someone will step up and take over all or some of Tusk's brands.

Unfortunately, these things take time. It could be months before we know get any clear answers.
I’m always a bit confused when people in this thread try to defend Microgaming.

If they were concerned about the players, it wouldn’t be over with an initial financial background check. There would be financial oversight so that things couldn’t get to this point (Imho they even should have a duty to do so!). They would have made it a priority that player balances were held in trust and secluded from Tusk’s operations. There would be some sort of transparency for the players signing up to skins as to who they are actually doing business with and why it is safe to do so. Failing to do these things how is MGS not at least a little to blame?

So then I click on your profile and I’m no longer confused.
03-16-2008 , 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonplz Battlefield Poker and 27 other Microgaming skins to close?
I’m always a bit confused when people in this thread try to defend Microgaming.

If they were concerned about the players, it wouldn’t be over with an initial financial background check. There would be financial oversight so that things couldn’t get to this point (Imho they even should have a duty to do so!). They would have made it a priority that player balances were held in trust and secluded from Tusk’s operations. There would be some sort of transparency for the players signing up to skins as to who they are actually doing business with and why it is safe to do so. Failing to do these things how is MGS not at least a little to blame?

So then I click on your profile and I’m no longer confused.
Ya what a surprise a guy who is paid by other microgaming skins is defending them....
03-16-2008 , 04:29 PM
First draft of letter--probably needs a lot of work. I haven't followed this thread as closely as others, so I cribbed a bunch of stuff from the Cliff notes and tried to piece together as much as I could into a coherent narrative. Please modify/ edit as you see fit and we'll try to get something into sendable form:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing to you concerning a very troubling situation that has arisen on the Microgaming network. A large number of players have had a significant amount of money (approximately $6,000,000 as best as we can tell) frozen, and possibly stolen. The summary of the events is as follows:
On February 15th, the certifying authority eCOGRA announced that it was pulling its "Safe and Fair" seal from a number of online casinos owned by the Tusk group. Despite this, eCOGRA was still hosting jpg images of the seals they were supposed to have revoked (http://www.ecogra.org/certificates/%...nge_Casino.jpg). Most of the affected casinos were reportedly still displaying the seals too.
On February 27th, Microgaming announced that it was terminating its relationship with Tusk due to Tusk's decision to go into liquidation (http://www.microgaming.com/pressrelease_255.php). Twenty eight (28) different poker sites on the Microgaming network use Tusk as a payment processor. Players at those 28 sites (skins) have been unable to deposit, withdraw, or play with their funds at these sites. The owners and operators of the skins have stated that they were not made aware of Tusk's liquidation, the removal of their sites from the Microgaming network, or the freezing of player funds prior to this date.
As the situation now stands, a number of poker players have a large amount of money stranded, apparently in the hands of a company that is insolvent and going into liquidation. We are unaware whether this money actually exists and will at some point be recoverable, or is gone. This has proven very distressing for all players with funds at these sites, as well as the operators of the various skins.
It appears as though the primary malfeasant in this debacle is Tusk. However, based on how the situation has played out, Microgaming and eCOGRA appear to bear a large degree of responsibility as well. Firstly, Microgaming allowed Tusk to operate the 28 poker rooms and various casinos using its software. Microgaming still advertises on its website that poker on the Microgaming network is "an extremely safe game to play. ...[P]layers in the poker network are automatically protected by Fraud Control Systems and client server encryption." Microgaming had a duty to continuously oversee the financial situation of all rooms on its network to ensure the safety of player funds.
Secondly, Microgaming and eCOGRA's regulatory actions in this instance have been insufficient to protect player interests. When eCOGRA removed its "Safe and Fair" seal from various casinos, it did not clarify that the Tusk group was insolvent and days away from going into total liquidation, nor did it advise users that their funds were in immediate jeopardy and should be withdrawn as quickly as possible. (Even if it had done so, this might not have been sufficient, since Tusk was obviously on the brink of insolvency already and would likely have been unable to honor a run on funds at that time.) Nor did Microgaming issue any sort of alert to its players. This would have been especially useful for those of us with funds on the poker sites, since at the time the relationship between Tusk and the various poker skins was generally unknown at that time. The removal of the eCOGRA seal of approval (even if it had been done completely properly) was inadequate warning to protect player interests.
Finally, Microgaming has been extremely secretive in its handling of this matter. Its three press releases have revealed virtually nothing to the public. It has refused to communicate with the skin owners, who have described themselves as "blindsided" by this turn of events, and have been repeatedly promised information on certain dates only to hear further silence. Microgaming also allegedly sent a letter to two of the skins on February 25th suspending them for rakeback violations (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=149), which was made known to us only through a leak by an anonymous insider. The relationship between this letter, the alleged rakeback violations, and the Tusk insolvency is still unclear.
In summary, Microgaming and eCOGRA have failed miserably to protect player interests. Many players have tens and even hundreds of thousands of dollars that they may never see again. This is egregious misconduct, constituting at the very least gross negligence and possibly outright fraud. We request a full investigation into both Microgaming and eCOGRA, as well as whatever regulatory or punitive action gives us the best chance of recovering our frozen monies as fast as possible. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Bunch of angry 2+2'ers.
03-16-2008 , 04:37 PM
6 million is big time underestimate. that is the number they showed on their balance sheet on 2006 before acquiring more poker room and casino. On top of that they got a lot more players and players kept bigger sum of money compare to 2 years ago. I THINK the actual number is well in 100's of million. I have contact info of 28 people that have .5 million tied up in this mess. and they got a lot of players.

      
m