Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Casino & Cardroom Poker Discussions of the activities, rules and etiquette of Live Casino and Cardroom Poker Venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
shady24
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 19
Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Just curious is wearing a camera, maybe on glasses, would be allowable in Casinos? Obv would use if to review my play, post for advice and such. Ive seen guys use their phones, but I feel this would be difficult, wouldn't capture everything that went on in the hand before you began recording. Does anyone do this yet? What type of camera do you use, recommend?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
shady24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
shorn7
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,993
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Never would be allowed.
shorn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #3
Jarin
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 45
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

In my experience, cameras are a no-go unless you can go unnoticed. Most cardrooms I play at are firm about using phones to videotape hands, and cameras a 100% not allowed.

If youre using glasses with a tiny camera and it isnt visible, go for it.
Jarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #4
shorn7
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,993
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarin View Post
In my experience, cameras are a no-go unless you can go unnoticed. Most cardrooms I play at are firm about using phones to videotape hands, and cameras a 100% not allowed.

If youre using glasses with a tiny camera and it isnt visible, go for it.
No unless if/when you get caught and banned for life from that casino you are ok with that.
shorn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:05 PM   #5
browni3141
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,197
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

They definitely wouldn't be allowed in most places. If you want to do this make sure it is concealed very well.

Most casinos explicitly disallow photography and video recording technology. I agree that you need to be okay with the possibility of getting banned if caught.
browni3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:56 PM   #6
bigpeen
journeyman
 
bigpeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 246
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Dude just put your electronics down and play poker.
bigpeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #7
EvilGreebo
Pooh-Bah
 
EvilGreebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,523
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Absolutely not allowed in any Maryland casino.
EvilGreebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:02 PM   #8
shady24
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 19
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Ok, thanks everyone, thats why i threw it out there.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
shady24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #9
Lordkjun
journeyman
 
Lordkjun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 277
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

I know it's strictly forbidden in RI and CT casinos. Do the vloggers like Jaman Burton have special permission? They're not being covert about it.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
Lordkjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #10
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suffern, NY; PA, LV
Posts: 7,427
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

You're not allowed to take video or pictures in the poker room. It's very rare you will get permission to film at the table. My buddy got a lifetime ban from the Venetian for including a small part of a slot machine in his video while filming a restaurant. They take that stuff seriously.

If they DID allow you to film, it's still easier and more efficient to write everything down after the hand.
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #11
TS2
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,375
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

it would probably be allowed in Las Vegas. But you wouldnt be allowed to record peoples faces. They allow a 360 degree camera on the table in las vegas (that recoreded faces, would need everyones permission for that including each dealer).

I am betting if u dont record faces most vegas rooms would allow it. (already allow cameras on the table) Of course that means if its in your glasses then you cant look at anyone including staff.
TS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:43 PM   #12
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,784
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS2 View Post
it would probably be allowed in Las Vegas. But you wouldnt be allowed to record peoples faces. They allow a 360 degree camera on the table in las vegas (that recoreded faces, would need everyones permission for that including each dealer).

I am betting if u dont record faces most vegas rooms would allow it. (already allow cameras on the table) Of course that means if its in your glasses then you cant look at anyone including staff.
Not a chance in hell
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #13
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suffern, NY; PA, LV
Posts: 7,427
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS2 View Post

I am betting if u dont record faces most vegas rooms would allow it. (already allow cameras on the table) Of course that means if its in your glasses then you cant look at anyone including staff.
Are you talking about the weekly games at the Westgate? That's a special circumstance and there is a sign upon entry telling the players by entering this room you are consenting to being on camera (just like high profile tournaments).
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:25 PM   #14
TS2
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,375
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

ok the room i work in, in vegas as allows it, as long as no faces are recorded and no player complains.
TS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #15
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,774
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS2 View Post
ok the room i work in, in vegas as allows it, as long as no faces are recorded and no player complains.
Allows it or does not stop people from doing it? That’s a huge difference.
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:08 PM   #16
TS2
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,375
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

customer asks if he can do it and we tell what he can and can not do....
TS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:08 AM   #17
answer20
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
answer20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Corner of Walk/Don't Walk
Posts: 6,005
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Obviously best to ask, but then if they say no and you still try >>>

I think the Vloggers are split about permissions, some hide camera some don't. No faces for sure and most limit it to hole cards only, no Boards. It was interesting one I saw on YouTube showed the guy's arm that was to his left .. no mistaken who that guy was based on his tats so the no face rule really didn't apply to him!!

I even heard that you better be careful when you hit a slot jackpot or BBJ that they will void it if you pull out your camera and start snapping. GL
answer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 04:09 AM   #18
Fore
adept
 
Fore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,030
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by answer20 View Post
Obviously best to ask, but then if they say no and you still try >>>

I think the Vloggers are split about permissions, some hide camera some don't. No faces for sure and most limit it to hole cards only, no Boards. It was interesting one I saw on YouTube showed the guy's arm that was to his left .. no mistaken who that guy was based on his tats so the no face rule really didn't apply to him!!

I even heard that you better be careful when you hit a slot jackpot or BBJ that they will void it if you pull out your camera and start snapping. GL
My wife snaps pictures of every slot JP SHE hits including one today. Never has she had an issue.

In the ol days casinos were very picky about cameras. Now days with camera in every cell things are more lax as long as no faces and nothing about security.
Fore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:10 PM   #19
pure_aggression
Pooh-Bah
 
pure_aggression's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pure Aggression on YouTube
Posts: 4,773
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Vegas seems relatively lax as far as taking photos and video inside the casinos. A handful of rooms have expressly prohibited filming such as PH and Bellagio and some have courted it such as Westgate. Phones are allowed at the poker table and many people snap pics of their chip stacks or board run outs. Though 20 years ago they may have been more strict, with the proliferation of smartphones with built in cameras it is virtually impossible to keep tabs on everyone. Tourists posting photos and videos on social media is free publicity.
pure_aggression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:32 AM   #20
dinesh
veteran
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,998
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Counterpoint: I was at Monte Carlo meeting up with friends who had been playing pai gow for several hours, and was searching for something on Google while standing behind them. Within a minute the pit boss walked over to me and told me (politely) that I couldn't use my phone within 10 feet of the table. After they had been there for hours without me. At a 10 dollar table.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:30 AM   #21
pure_aggression
Pooh-Bah
 
pure_aggression's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pure Aggression on YouTube
Posts: 4,773
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
Counterpoint: I was at Monte Carlo meeting up with friends who had been playing pai gow for several hours, and was searching for something on Google while standing behind them. Within a minute the pit boss walked over to me and told me (politely) that I couldn't use my phone within 10 feet of the table. After they had been there for hours without me. At a 10 dollar table.
Yeah no electronics allowed at pit games. I'm sure they are concerned about apps that could help count cards, time roulette wheels, etc.
pure_aggression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:20 AM   #22
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suffern, NY; PA, LV
Posts: 7,427
Re: Wearable camera? Allowable in casionos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure_aggression View Post
Yeah no electronics allowed at pit games. I'm sure they are concerned about apps that could help count cards, time roulette wheels, etc.
I was playing craps a couple weeks ago and I got a text. I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see who it was and as soon as I did the pit supervisor told me to please step away from the table when I do that. All I was doing was looking at my phone for a split second.
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online