Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Casino & Cardroom Poker Discussions of the activities, rules and etiquette of Live Casino and Cardroom Poker Venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
holmfries
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canterbury
Posts: 6,115
GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

I have a fishing trip planned this weekend that brings me a couple miles away from GC Hinckley (MN). I am considering playing the Saturday tourney during the day and cash games during the evening. If anyone has been there lately (preferably on the weekend), could you give me a sense of what games that they are spreading.

I was there last year and the biggest game was 5-30 spread. We never got a 5-60 going. Even the 5-30 was 3-5 handed for most of the evening. With the opening of RA, I am wondering if it will be even more deserted. If I get the sense that they only would get a 2-10 or 3-6 game going, I probably won't bother.

I called the room and of course, they were no help.

Any input is appreciated.

- HF
holmfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
clockout
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

My two experiences there were horrible. Would only play there again if it was excessively convenient. Like you said, shorthanded, no games, clueless management etc.

Better to just hit up RA coming to or from the cities.
clockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:23 AM   #3
BigBuffet
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,535
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

Their cash games sucked before RA opened, unless you like 3/6 LHE or 2/10 spread...

The only thing GCH had in their favor was the Saturday tourny which has since been copied by CP and RA.

The only reason to go to GCH now is to play slots and get lung cancer.

I haven't been to GCH since early this year, but I've heard that many of the poker dealers (not that they had very many to begin with) went over to RA.
BigBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:29 AM   #4
PokerBob
banned
 
PokerBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: thank you all for choosing lhe
Posts: 19,675
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuffet View Post
Their cash games sucked before RA opened, unless you like 3/6 LHE or 2/10 spread...

The only thing GCH had in their favor was the Saturday tourny which has since been copied by CP and RA.

The only reason to go to GCH now is to play slots and get lung cancer.

I haven't been to GCH since early this year, but I've heard that many of the poker dealers (not that they had very many to begin with) went over to RA.

How much collusion is in the games there that you don't play?
PokerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #5
iplay27off
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 422
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

lol Bob will never let him forget that...
iplay27off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 AM   #6
PokerBob
banned
 
PokerBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: thank you all for choosing lhe
Posts: 19,675
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplay27off View Post
lol Bob will never let him forget that...
No, I won't and no one else who gives a damn about the integrity of poker should either. What BigBuffet did was potentially worse for poker than if he had actually cheated himself.

If a cheater gets caught, the game's reputation suffers a bit, but the fact that he did get caught will instill some confidence that cheaters do indeed get caught. The cheater gets removed, and players and staff become a little more educated about what to look for.

What BigBuffet did was potentially worse for the game than actual cheating. He makes accusations that he could not ever prove given that (a) he knows very little (if anything) about limit hold'em and thus would have no idea what anything but the most obvious of collusion even looked like, (b) he doesn't even play the game where he alleged the collusion takes place and (c) he didn't bother to bring it to the attention of the floor/management. How many of you would say nothing to management if you saw what you suspected was collusion?

He ignorantly makes inflammatory statements that not only can he never prove, but his absurd comments could never be disproved. Once the accusation is out there it just floats there unresolved. People want closure. They want to know how it ended. Well, since it never happened (and even if something fishy DID happen, BigBuffet inexplicably and inexcusably didn't mention it to management, so there couldn't even be an investigation), it can never be resolved, resulting in a culture of distrust being slowly created. It is just this big cloud that hangs over things. "Hey, what ever happened with that cheating thing in the 15 game?" "I dunno. I never heard anything." This is bad for anyone who cares about the integrity of poker and the health of the games.

I spoke to the management at Canterbury about it and was told that they can ban anyone they want who negatively affects their business. I was also told that they would love to have a chat with BigBuffet.

More people need to get on this issue. Poker is having a tough enough time as it is with all the UB/AP crap and the UIGEA. The last thing it needs is some clueless donktard like BigBuffet making absurd, unsubstantiated claims about cheating in games that he doesn't even play in or understand.

Last edited by PokerBob; 07-22-2008 at 03:00 AM. Reason: unsubstantaited
PokerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #7
holmfries
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canterbury
Posts: 6,115
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

Can we just agree that he made a stupid, unsubstantiated comment and move on? You have widely discredited him. No one really believes that there is collusion at CP. You are sort of derailing the original intent of this thread.
holmfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #8
PorkchopDJG
adept
 
PorkchopDJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 919
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

This place has to now be a ghost town with RA around.
Buffet was right that their Sat Deep Stack tournament is the only reason to go up there but RA and CP now both have DS tourneys on Saturday as well.

No real reason to go back there unless you live right there or are driving by.
PorkchopDJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
holmfries
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canterbury
Posts: 6,115
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

Well, I finally got a hold of someone in the poker room with half a brain. He said that the 5-60 rarely ever goes anymore, but that the 5-30 is "fairly consistent" on a Saturday afternoon / evening. Basically, he said that it just depends on what players make the trip for the NL tourney.

So meh, I think that I am going to book a room. I don't really feel like driving 70 miles to RA after a full day of fishing. And I figure if worse comes to worse, I can have a few cocktails and donk it up at the 2-10.

Thanks for the input guys.

-HF
holmfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
PokerBob
banned
 
PokerBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: thank you all for choosing lhe
Posts: 19,675
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmfries View Post
Can we just agree that he made a stupid, unsubstantiated comment and move on? You have widely discredited him. No one really believes that there is collusion at CP.
It is not this simple. Of course you and I and other people with brains know that his comments were the baseless, absurd ramblings of a losing poker player who understands virtually nothing about limit hold'em. Unfortunately, as BigBuffet has thoroughly demonstrated, there are people out there without brains who read this forum. Statements like his color their impressions, which in turn may color the impressions of those that they come into contact with. This kind of crap cannot and should not be tolerated. Would Canterbury be willing to ban him if his comments were mere words that had no effect? Of course not.
PokerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
holmfries
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canterbury
Posts: 6,115
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerBob View Post
It is not this simple. Of course you and I and other people with brains know that his comments were the baseless, absurd ramblings of a losing poker player who understands virtually nothing about limit hold'em. Unfortunately, as BigBuffet has thoroughly demonstrated, there are people out there without brains who read this forum. Statements like his color their impressions, which in turn may color the impressions of those that they come into contact with. This kind of crap cannot and should not be tolerated. Would Canterbury be willing to ban him if his comments were mere words that had no effect? Of course not.
Generally speaking, I agree. I just don't know what you hope to accomplish by following him around and posting in every thread that he shows up in. It isn't like the people without brains even understand what your post in this thread means. Is your goal to harass him until he stops posting? In that case, it might just be better to talk with a mod and get him banned. Rumor is that you know Schneids, so there you go...
holmfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #12
PokerBob
banned
 
PokerBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: thank you all for choosing lhe
Posts: 19,675
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmfries View Post
Generally speaking, I agree. I just don't know what you hope to accomplish by following him around and posting in every thread that he shows up in. It isn't like the people without brains even understand what your post in this thread means. Is your goal to harass him until he stops posting? In that case, it might just be better to talk with a mod and get him banned. Rumor is that you know Schneids, so there you go...
BigBuffet publicly apologizing and retracting his statements would be step in the right direction.
PokerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #13
clockout
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 32
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

Can I get a cliffsnotes or link to the BigBuffet debacle?
clockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #14
iplay27off
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 422
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerBob View Post
No, I won't and no one else who gives a damn about the integrity of poker should either. What BigBuffet did was potentially worse for poker than if he had actually cheated himself.

If a cheater gets caught, the game's reputation suffers a bit, but the fact that he did get caught will instill some confidence that cheaters do indeed get caught. The cheater gets removed, and players and staff become a little more educated about what to look for.

What BigBuffet did was potentially worse for the game than actual cheating. He makes accusations that he could not ever prove given that (a) he knows very little (if anything) about limit hold'em and thus would have no idea what anything but the most obvious of collusion even looked like, (b) he doesn't even play the game where he alleged the collusion takes place and (c) he didn't bother to bring it to the attention of the floor/management. How many of you would say nothing to management if you saw what you suspected was collusion?

He ignorantly makes inflammatory statements that not only can he never prove, but his absurd comments could never be disproved. Once the accusation is out there it just floats there unresolved. People want closure. They want to know how it ended. Well, since it never happened (and even if something fishy DID happen, BigBuffet inexplicably and inexcusably didn't mention it to management, so there couldn't even be an investigation), it can never be resolved, resulting in a culture of distrust being slowly created. It is just this big cloud that hangs over things. "Hey, what ever happened with that cheating thing in the 15 game?" "I dunno. I never heard anything." This is bad for anyone who cares about the integrity of poker and the health of the games.

I spoke to the management at Canterbury about it and was told that they can ban anyone they want who negatively affects their business. I was also told that they would love to have a chat with BigBuffet.

More people need to get on this issue. Poker is having a tough enough time as it is with all the UB/AP crap and the UIGEA. The last thing it needs is some clueless donktard like BigBuffet making absurd, unsubstantiated claims about cheating in games that he doesn't even play in or understand.


I understand but also agree with holmfries.

Do you know who BB is?
iplay27off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #15
iplay27off
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 422
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockout View Post
Can I get a cliffsnotes or link to the BigBuffet debacle?
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...ight=bigbuffet

post#20
iplay27off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 AM   #16
*TT*
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NOT Leaving Las Vegas
Posts: 22,861
Re: GC Hinckley - Recent Trip Reports?

As RR has previously alluded to PokerBob has been given a special exception for the no trolling rule because this issue is very important to us all, Bob is free to keep up the pressure until BigBuffet either provides qualified evidence of collusion or retracts his accusations.

For the record the moderators of the B&M forum support PokerBob on this matter, we encourage others to do the same. Lets please move this part of the discussion back to this thread - https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...d.php?t=214270
*TT* is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive