Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Casino & Cardroom Poker Discussions of the activities, rules and etiquette of Live Casino and Cardroom Poker Venues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #1
AnotherMakiavelli
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 962
HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

I don't know if anyone already came up with that idea. There is already tables checking the cards dealt and the chips. During TV they somehow manage to display VPIP/PFR in some cases.

Wouldn't it be cool if players would all use some glasses, like the Google or Microsoft ones, to see a HUD above each player? Tracking player's actions would probably be the biggest challenge.

That would be like the best of two worlds, live and online play. Personally, I would find it awesome.

Don't know if anyone has had that idea before.

Please don't delete/close if this is the wrong forum. I thought casino would be the right place for it. If not, feel free to move it where it belongs.

Microsoft HoloLens:


Google now has two such glasses as well, one with frame and one without:


AnotherMakiavelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #2
c2d2
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 479
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Two of the casinos Iíve worked for banned google glasses as soon as they came out. I donít see this being allowed most places.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c2d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM   #3
AnotherMakiavelli
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 962
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

I am talking about a table where all players wear them. A mix of online and casino Poker, best of two worlds. Live reads and HUD play in combination. No cheating possible.

Of course they currently ban them, because it has a cam and you are probably up to no good if you wear them in a casino. But if the casino supplied them and has such a software that could do what I tried to explain it would be all good.

What those glasses do is basically mixing what you see in reality with computer generated images (a HUD).
AnotherMakiavelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #4
AnotherMakiavelli
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 962
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

And of course online players would have to learn live play and live players may have to learn how to benefit from a HUD. Some already know both. One could display other stats you are used to in an online game, for example chip count for each player, what's in the pot and so on (annoying things I usually ask all the time when playing live). I think this would have a big potential to get online players back into the casinos.
AnotherMakiavelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #5
Lord_Crispen
adept
 
Lord_Crispen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: unknown
Posts: 997
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

All the bad players would flock to play in these games where the pros have perfect information!
Lord_Crispen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #6
Lord_Crispen
adept
 
Lord_Crispen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: unknown
Posts: 997
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMakiavelli View Post
I think this would have a big potential to get online players back into the casinos.
The online players that were using HUDs aren't the ones you want in the games and putting HUDs into live play isn't going to bring out the players that stopped playing online poker when it got axed.
Lord_Crispen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM   #7
Fore
old hand
 
Fore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,223
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMakiavelli View Post
And of course online players would have to learn live play and live players may have to learn how to benefit from a HUD. Some already know both. One could display other stats you are used to in an online game, for example chip count for each player, what's in the pot and so on (annoying things I usually ask all the time when playing live). I think this would have a big potential to get online players back into the casinos.
You might ask. But unless you are playing pl you wonít be given either of those numbers where I play. Plus I am not looking to get online players back in casinos. The ones that donít learn to play the online nit fest will come back on there own. And the ones that do were probably folks I did not want to see anyway.

This idea would only make life more like online and that has already been ruined in my opinion. I also believe that ruination was basically inevitable. Play 10k hands an hour making a penny a hand.
Fore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #8
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,984
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMakiavelli View Post
I am talking about a table where all players wear them. A mix of online and casino Poker, nut low of two worlds.
FYP
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM   #9
AnotherMakiavelli
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 962
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Scared much?
AnotherMakiavelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #10
Fore
old hand
 
Fore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,223
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMakiavelli View Post
I am talking about a table where all players wear them. A mix of online and casino Poker, best of two worlds. Live reads and HUD play in combination. No cheating possible.

Of course they currently ban them, because it has a cam and you are probably up to no good if you wear them in a casino. But if the casino supplied them and has such a software that could do what I tried to explain it would be all good.

What those glasses do is basically mixing what you see in reality with computer generated images (a HUD).
Right. Those rooms that wonít spend the money for decent usb chargers are suddenly going to fork out this cash for eighty or two hundred sets of glasses. I am not holding my breath.
Fore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   #11
AnotherMakiavelli
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 962
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
FYP
Nut low of both worlds? So you don't like live reads either? Should all players play blindfolded instead??
AnotherMakiavelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #12
WereBeer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,288
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Sounds great, let's provide a crutch to assist bad online players to skin live fish and also scare off weak live players who don't want to get destroyed by a table full of cyborgs.

Worst of both worlds? Fabulous idea OP!
WereBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #13
AnotherMakiavelli
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore View Post
Right. Those rooms that wonít spend the money for decent usb chargers are suddenly going to fork out this cash for eighty or two hundred sets of glasses. I am not holding my breath.
The prices already dropped a lot for those AR (augmented reality) glasses, not to be confused with VR, where you only see the virtual image. Competition is good (Google, Microsoft and many others) and the prices will drop. Some time ago they were like 2k a piece. VR glasses dropped as well, while the quality improved a lot.

But I agree with you, there is a lack of spending in general for anything.

In OOT I got even more hate. A 24 hour ban and thread was locked for poker spam. LOL. I thought this was the right place, maybe the folks in one of the online poker forums would like it more than the live poker people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBeer View Post
Sounds great, let's provide a crutch to assist bad online players to skin live fish and also scare off weak live players who don't want to get destroyed by a table full of cyborgs.

Worst of both worlds? Fabulous idea OP!
I think bad online players, would still be bad in those live/hud games. If I think of myself, it would motivate me to take a trip to the casino.

It could be optional to sit down at one of those tables, so people preferring the good old live game could still find what they want and the cyborgs can crush each other while having a beer.

Last edited by dinesh; Yesterday at 06:43 PM.
AnotherMakiavelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #14
dinesh
veteran
 
dinesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,269
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

mod note: I merged 4 of OPs posts above, but...something went wrong, and only 2 of them survived.

Sorry OP, I'm not sure what happened, and I have no idea how to get them back.

Having said that... this topic seems fine here in CCP, so have at it. Just don't expect that just because it's a fine topic for discussion, that everyone (or anyone) will agree with you that it's a good idea for live poker.

And do me a favor and try not to make so many posts in a row. Either multiquote or give the thread some room to breathe and don't feel like you have to respond to every reply in the thread individually.
dinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM   #15
AnotherMakiavelli
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 962
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesh View Post
mod note: I merged 4 of OPs posts above, but...something went wrong, and only 2 of them survived.

Sorry OP, I'm not sure what happened, and I have no idea how to get them back.

Having said that... this topic seems fine here in CCP, so have at it. Just don't expect that just because it's a fine topic for discussion, that everyone (or anyone) will agree with you that it's a good idea for live poker.

And do me a favor and try not to make so many posts in a row. Either multiquote or give the thread some room to breathe and don't feel like you have to respond to every reply in the thread individually.
thx for merging! i can deal with criticism. i was just a bit surprised of the hostility towards cyborgs/online players.
AnotherMakiavelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM   #16
SpewingIsMyMove
veteran
 
SpewingIsMyMove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,602
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore View Post
Right. Those rooms that won’t spend the money for decent usb chargers are suddenly going to fork out this cash for eighty or two hundred sets of glasses. I am not holding my breath.
While it wouldn't have the cool factor of augmented reality, you could add HUD stats to a PokerPro table with a trivial software patch
SpewingIsMyMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #17
Lord_Crispen
adept
 
Lord_Crispen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: unknown
Posts: 997
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Truly hilarious that you think this is good for any game. I'm a big fan of thinking about what AR can bring us and I know it's not as far off as people think. This would just be the utter nut low for live poker, and I don't feel that's really a subjective opinion as much as an objective truth.
Lord_Crispen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:11 AM   #18
patriots
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 893
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

hud=your brain
patriots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:57 AM   #19
KennyJPowers
old hand
 
KennyJPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,294
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

HUD should never have even been allowed online IMO so to use it live seems obscene to me
KennyJPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:16 AM   #20
AnotherMakiavelli
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 962
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpewingIsMyMove View Post
While it wouldn't have the cool factor of augmented reality, you could add HUD stats to a PokerPro table with a trivial software patch
That sounds interesting. And I forgot about the chip tracking making it possible to track player actions. They should be the first ones on the market supporting it. Writing the code to display it in AR should be almost trivial, if they already have all the data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots View Post
hud=your brain
Which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Crispen View Post
Truly hilarious that you think this is good for any game. I'm a big fan of thinking about what AR can bring us and I know it's not as far off as people think. This would just be the utter nut low for live poker, and I don't feel that's really a subjective opinion as much as an objective truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJPowers View Post
HUD should never have even been allowed online IMO so to use it live seems obscene to me
I just thought this may bring online players back to brick & mortar casinos. And eventually they will try normal, HUD-less games too, so you should be happy with it. It's not just the HUD, also seeing chip counts and stack sizes would definitely make it more attractive to me personally. If I would post this in one of the online poker sub-forums they would probably appreciate it more than primarily live players.
AnotherMakiavelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:05 AM   #21
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,984
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMakiavelli View Post
I just thought this may bring online players back to brick & mortar casinos. And eventually they will try normal, HUD-less games too, so you should be happy with it.
Why should he, or I or anyone else in here be happy about HUD-using online players coming to the casino?

I am happy about every online poker who stays out of the poker room unless they are massively losing players. And those ones usually don’t use HUDs in the first place.
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #22
smoothcriminal99
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 964
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Thank god this will never happen.

I guess this is something that you’d like to see happen and assume others feel the same way which is why you seem so passionate about it.... you are in the minority, it’s impractical and casinos would never support it as it is an extra feature that costs them money instead of making them money.

If you have such a bad memory/lack of attention span/inability to extrapolate ranges that you need a hud in live games maybe it’s not for you. HUDs are so hated online sites are moving to anonymous player bases and banning them ffs.
smoothcriminal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:54 PM   #23
SpewingIsMyMove
veteran
 
SpewingIsMyMove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,602
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Crispen View Post
Truly hilarious that you think this is good for any game. I'm a big fan of thinking about what AR can bring us and I know it's not as far off as people think. This would just be the utter nut low for live poker, and I don't feel that's really a subjective opinion as much as an objective truth.
On an unrelated note, have you read Daemon and Freedom by Daniel Suarez? It is an interesting vision into what AR and gamification could do to reshape our society and economy
SpewingIsMyMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:51 PM   #24
WereBeer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,288
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMakiavelli View Post
thx for merging! i can deal with criticism. i was just a bit surprised of the hostility towards cyborgs/online players.
I am an online player, I just hate this idea. One of the things keeping live poker so soft is that autistic online cyborgs can't deal with various aspects of interacting with the real world and the people in it. The last thing I want is to hand them a crutch.

I want the entry triggers for card rooms to be watching the WSOP, films like Rounders and pub donkaments, not fricking 100NL Zoom.
WereBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:16 PM   #25
Fore
old hand
 
Fore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,223
Re: HUD for Live Poker Play (Using Google or Microsoft Glasses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMakiavelli View Post
That sounds interesting. And I forgot about the chip tracking making it possible to track player actions. They should be the first ones on the market supporting it. Writing the code to display it in AR should be almost trivial, if they already have all the data.


Which one?





I just thought this may bring online players back to brick & mortar casinos. And eventually they will try normal, HUD-less games too, so you should be happy with it. It's not just the HUD, also seeing chip counts and stack sizes would definitely make it more attractive to me personally. If I would post this in one of the online poker sub-forums they would probably appreciate it more than primarily live players.
Of course your suggestion would go over better with online players. Yo7 are trying to change the game to be more like what they do and like already. The point you seem to miss is that the two games are very different. The live platers here largely prefer the live game stay the live game.

A big part of the l8ve game played right is the ability and practice to track stacks and pot size. That you hype this as a good thing aligns with your bias to the online game. As you have identified, this is a live forum and we have a bias toward th life game and the skills it uses.
Fore is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online