Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Psychology Discussions of psychology as applied to poker and other gambling games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #26
chrisshiherlis
journeyman
 
chrisshiherlis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 357
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnercircle View Post

You do realize that every human on the planet has cannabinoid receptors right? That means our bodies have essentially EVOLVED to receive an effect from this plant? It saddens me that people like you are allowed to post, because you perpetuate stereotypes about cannabis even though you literally know EFF ALL about it!

If you tried the stuff and didn't like it, good for you. But do some god damn research so you can actually have an INFORMED opinion, instead of just regurgitating useless false statements that you heard from FOX NEWS.
These are some excellent points, I did some reading and it's definately right about the cannabinoid receptors, I looked it up on wiki and it's all there.
They talk about these things called nicotinic receptors also. I did not know that cavemen smoked cigarettes but judging by that I think their brains must have been designed for this also. It did not all start with Marbloro man like some people suggest.
Informed oponions ftw. Haters gonna hate, wc
chrisshiherlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #27
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipExcess View Post
What did I tell you! This guy only hears himself. He throws away morality over twisted facts he tries to convince himself /w to deny any feelings of guilt.

Now he is basically saying being a pothead helped him become more social & allowed him to make more friends who also happened to be potheads. (This is just another self-justify bs he tries to impose on others & deceive himself with!)

I maybe a little messed up & steam in the forum a lot, but aleast I'm not delusional or stupid enough to believe that drugs are good for you. (Aside from medical purposes.)
1) Where does morality come into play in this debate? At all whatsoever?
2) I never said being a pot head made me more social. People who are more social, will still remain sociable while using cannabis. My statements were that cannabis does not make a person ANTI social. You really need to work on your reading comprehension.
3) Yes you are delusional. You've proven that many times on the forums, namely arguing with science and blaming god and the universe for your losses.
4) So drugs are only good for you for medical purposes? Let's define medical purposes. If I am able to consume cannabis and as a result play poker full-time, are drugs bad for me? Since my usage would not be listed under a medical reason, should I be disallowed? Should all the college students who use adderall be disallowed?

Drugs seems to be a subject that you clearly have a bias, but sadly you have never shown and studies that support what you say. Of course, this is probably why most people ignore you on here, but it is still annoying to say the least.
winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #28
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Talk about twisting facts: HERE

Quote:
Bad player Nemesis?
Ever get those player's where you see very often. Makes extremely donk like moves on you and luck's out almost everytime?

I just don't understand how to beat these type of player's...
You're twisting facts and logic (the math that proves 100% that what you say isn't true).
DUCY your statements on here are illogical? How does someone luck out almost everytime? Wouldn't they be extremely rich if so? Take some time to really think before you reply. I'll be waiting.
winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #29
envelope
adept
 
envelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: ^^
Posts: 1,048
I usually wake up feeling depressed a day or two after and have trouble sleeping thereafter for about a week.

sure it may heighten paranoia (like it does with many emotions), but this shouldn't be an issue if you are in a comfortable setting.

otherwise, it's all good (not sure about brain/lung damage; not a scientist)
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #30
ChipExcess
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 780
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnercircle View Post
Talk about twisting facts: HERE



You're twisting facts and logic (the math that proves 100% that what you say isn't true).
DUCY your statements on here are illogical? How does someone luck out almost everytime? Wouldn't they be extremely rich if so? Take some time to really think before you reply. I'll be waiting.
W/e bro! Keep seeing only what you want to see! (Typical mindset of a pothead.)

All you proved is you're very vindictive, if you've to dig up old posts of me just venting on here (but obviously you cannot tell!)
just to prove a meaningless point nobody cares, but yourself!

(I guess all those yrs of being a pothead has made you like this!)

Last edited by ChipExcess; 01-02-2014 at 09:16 PM.
ChipExcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #31
Barilux
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 68
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

This is a really interesting topic, since I've also thought a lot about if smoking weed is good or not for me. Sometimes I would smoke before a session, but I could never be sure if it was good for my game or not, because there are hundreds of factors that will define if you played well or badly. It is worse if you are results oriented.

Like a year ago I decided I would almost never play stoned, cause I dont play drunk either, but then you must think if you should play sleepy, or hungry, or angry or tired after exercise... If you do this, you would play maybe only 2 days in a month, when you are in your perfect state of mind. Your ability to play well and make good decidions under adverse circunstances is what really matters.

Regarding the social behaviours I think it depends of who you are. Weed won't change you, it will bring out what you are, even if it's hidden inside you. Sometimes I smoke and I talk a lot, even to people I've never met, and sometimes I smoke and I dont say a word and I keep "making movies in my head".

Do you remember the first cigerette you smoke? I do. I would be tizzy and feel lightness in my legs, and now smoking them is almost like breathing. Thats why I started to smoke weed once in a while, so I can value everytime. Take breaks, and a happy new year to everyone. (I am Portuguese, so my english is what it is)
Barilux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #32
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Yes a post so old that it's still on the front page! It's ancient! Even if it were 6 months only instead of 3 weeks, it simply proves that you're the one twisting facts. Speaking of which, you didn't address my previous post of course, since I again used too much logic and reason for you to counter with bs.

Potheads only see what we want to? I guess we learn something about ourselves everyday (even if it isn't true).

Envelope, I have experienced the depression after drinking (since alcohol consumption depletes vitamin B) but have not experienced that with cannabis. It's usually good for a hangover cure, but vitamin B pills work just as good. Likewise, it helps many with sleep, although personally I find that I think about too many random ideas when I get baked, and doesn't put me to sleep like it did when I was younger.
winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #33
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Bari, good points about playing sleepy hungry etc. We are never going to be able to play full-time if we need to be in a perfect state of mind. For myself, using weed gets me in a positive state. For some others it seems like it is detrimental. Like any drug, it's going to have different results on different people. I can recall getting baked with some girls when me and a buddy were younger. We were just people watching in a mall, and these girls were giggling, running around and being embarrassing/ hilarious. Same drug, totally different effect.

I accept that it's going to be different for each person, I just hate when people say it's bad for various reasons, and they can't cite 1 piece of evidence to prove that it's a side effect of the drug taken.
winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:35 PM   #34
ChipExcess
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 780
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnercircle View Post
Yes a post so old that it's still on the front page! It's ancient! Even if it were 6 months only instead of 3 weeks, it simply proves that you're the one twisting facts. Speaking of which, you didn't address my previous post of course, since I again used too much logic and reason for you to counter with bs.

Potheads only see what we want to? I guess we learn something about ourselves everyday (even if it isn't true).

Envelope, I have experienced the depression after drinking (since alcohol consumption depletes vitamin B) but have not experienced that with cannabis. It's usually good for a hangover cure, but vitamin B pills work just as good. Likewise, it helps many with sleep, although personally I find that I think about too many random ideas when I get baked, and doesn't put me to sleep like it did when I was younger.
If weed is so good for you? Then lemme ask you this? Why're you so messed up then?

Shouldn't you be like Jesus and just avoid convo's /w me like any normal person would do?

You seem like a very disturbed & unhappy person to me. (Anyone who follows your advice and becomes a pothead I pity them.)
ChipExcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #35
the weird uncle
stranger
 
the weird uncle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup hezbollah View Post
Does anyone here smoke weed and have it cause feelings or paranoia, guilt, and shame? Feelings that you are under a magnifying glass and self conscious thoughts of second guessing yourself and your life and what other people think of you?

Weed makes things more enjoyable and at times makes you more content and helps to see the world in a different light and with a different perspective, but why the paranoia and all the other negative thoughts? At times it almost overwheling, I am wondering if anyone else gets this and if so how do you deal with it?

Why is it that people are their own harshest critics and we get these odd feelings of the world revolving around us?
I'd like to leave you with a story
More of like a poem
It's about a word named G.O.D.
I think you already know 'em

You've been talking about 'em already
But haven't put it together
For that's the reason
You experience the good and the bad together

This is a tool used to show you
What it is that you need to know
In order to understand why it is that you
Have been chosen to run this show

G.O.D. is the image
That runs through your brain
It is the good the bad and the ugly
That is trying to be explained

You just may be the chosen one
Who will figure it all out
And then tell it to the world
So that we too can let ourselves out
the weird uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #36
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Chip, when someone here besides you thinks I have issues, I'll absolutely see a shrink. In the meantime, keep adding more tinfoil to your hat. I'd say I'm generally a pretty happy person. I have good friends, a close family, independence, and intelligence. I'd say those are some of the best things a person on this earth could ever want.

Epic first post uncle.
JK
winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #37
ChipExcess
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 780
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnercircle View Post
Chip, when someone here besides you thinks I have issues, I'll absolutely see a shrink. In the meantime, keep adding more tinfoil to your hat. I'd say I'm generally a pretty happy person. I have good friends, a close family, independence, and intelligence. I'd say those are some of the best things a person on this earth could ever want.

Epic first post uncle.
JK
C'mon bro! I've already dealt with your hypocrisy before.

Any happy/normal person wouldn't argue for day's on something pointless and send hate mail over like 20 times. Or challenge me to a game over stupid pride!

Any happy person wouldn't have to resort to drugs of any sort.

Do I need to reveal anymore of your bs?
ChipExcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #38
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Nobody agrees with you, yet you try and try.

Post the 20 pieces of hate mail. I sent you like 3 messages, yet you ignore me because you'd rather post your negative stupidity on here. I challenged you to a game because you accused me of being a losing player. Since I'm fairly confident that I'd destroy you, why would I not try to take your money?

Why wouldn't a happy person resort to drugs? Alcohol, Weed, or medicine. If I have the flu, am I now an unhappy person?

What bs have you revealed? You're like a punching bag of stupidity who thinks he's won because the boxer has fatigued from successfully landing too many punches. You are right though, why do I bother trying to talk sense with you when you're a lost cause? Who knows? Maybe I'm hoping that some borderline person out there reads your stupidity and doesn't want to end up like you. A hopeless, pessimist fighting an uphill battle against logic and reason day after day.

Enjoy the negativity around yourself. You're smarter than every person here who has successfully used psychology to improve their lives and poker games. Everyone agrees with you, and you aren't illogical or a nutcase at all.
winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #39
envelope
adept
 
envelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: ^^
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnercircle View Post
Envelope, I have experienced the depression after drinking (since alcohol consumption depletes vitamin B) but have not experienced that with cannabis. It's usually good for a hangover cure, but vitamin B pills work just as good. Likewise, it helps many with sleep, although personally I find that I think about too many random ideas when I get baked, and doesn't put me to sleep like it did when I was younger.
to clarify, it does help me to sleep the night of using. the sleep issues arise the following night and thereafter (i.e. withdrawal).
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #40
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

I can see it doing that
winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:54 PM   #41
ChipExcess
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 780
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnercircle View Post
Nobody agrees with you, yet you try and try.
Nobody agrees /w me since they already know how difficult it is to get thru you. (Are wise to not stir the likes of you!)

The people who do agree /w you are enthusiastic pot users themselves. Hence biased!

Last edited by ChipExcess; 01-02-2014 at 11:04 PM.
ChipExcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #42
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:13 PM   #43
ChipExcess
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 780
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Keep denying bro!

Maybe in a few decades you'll wisen up & and look back and see how twisted your perception of things were.

For now, just keep doing what you want, being a pothead, & do w/e drugs you lie to yourself with!

Last edited by ChipExcess; 01-02-2014 at 11:21 PM.
ChipExcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #44
IlluminatedK
old hand
 
IlluminatedK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Slightly above ev
Posts: 1,455
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Logged 80k or so hands the past 6 weeks all of which while gone on "the bomb" and came out easily profiting
IlluminatedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:37 AM   #45
sup hezbollah
banned
 
sup hezbollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,559
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

When you smoke weed and it alters your perspective into lets say, "overanalyazing yourself" or perhaps overanalyzing life or whatever... who is to say that the overanalyzation is not closer to reality than our dumb ass minds (we are after all humans) when they are sober?

Essentially, who is to say that when we smoke weed and get "paranoid" its not in fact the truth we are just seeing, and reality is so bad for most human beings that that is all it is, reality coming through.
sup hezbollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #46
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

True true. I find that when I take a couple months off of smoking pot, the first time I do, I'm pretty "honest" about myself. By that I mean any of the suppressed thoughts I may have come to the surface.

Sometimes they're things that make me anxious, like "what if I should have settled down with that girl instead of breaking up with them?" or "should I have stayed at that job for the financial security, instead of taking the risk of playing fulltime?" I think these sorts of thoughts might give most people anxiety, and it has done the same to me. However, I don't have an issue pushing past my comfort zone, and I have no regrets in having done so.
winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:46 AM   #47
ProRailbird
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: FREE LIMON
Posts: 746
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Weed is the #1 reason I am an inconsistent player. If I never smoked weed I would put in massively more volume. There's too many days where I'll say, **** it I've made enough money this week I just want to smoke bud all day long and reward myself on the cheap without having to take any of my winnings out of my roll.

That's the only big downside. If I have to get a lot of freeways to get to the biggest game one day I might just turn down the opportunity to smoke up stupid instead. I've lost a lot of money I would have probably won from that
ProRailbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:47 AM   #48
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Railbird, YOU are the #1 reason that you're an inconsistent player. YOU are lazy. Weed doesn't disconnect you from the tables, or make you leave a casino. YOU do! Take some responsibility for your actions.

Weed didn't light itself, YOU smoked it. Did weed wipe ur arse for you too? Come on man, you know I'm right.
winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #49
ProRailbird
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: FREE LIMON
Posts: 746
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnercircle View Post
Railbird, YOU are the #1 reason that you're an inconsistent player. YOU are lazy. Weed doesn't disconnect you from the tables, or make you leave a casino. YOU do! Take some responsibility for your actions.

Weed didn't light itself, YOU smoked it. Did weed wipe ur arse for you too? Come on man, you know I'm right.
Sure, I mean, that's more or less what I said. I'm just pointing out weed can be a big demotivator.
ProRailbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:09 AM   #50
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Smoking weed good and bad

It's not really. It sounds like you're blaming the weed for your lack of motivation.
winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online