Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally cash out your wins anytime with PayPal!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2017, 09:25 PM   #1
flushymcacey
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 79
rakeback please

I am a high-volume multi-tabler and have been bumming that there isn't a rake back program like most other sites have. Is this just something Global isn't planning on being in business long enough to even bother with or will we soon be getting the courtesy?
flushymcacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
uradoodooface
veteran
 
uradoodooface's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,254
Re: rakeback please

So there's no rakeback here? Is there any type of points program or anything?
uradoodooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:57 PM   #3
sam1chips
grinder
 
sam1chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: A chip and a chair
Posts: 670
Re: rakeback please

My opinion is...

They don't have rakeback, but they have a ton of feeerolls and huge overlays on some of their tourneys. I'd imagine that this is in lieu of rakeback. So they are still giving away money, just in a different context.

I personally think that rakeback would attract more pros/regs. This site is making a concerted effort to cater to recreational players, and I feel like rakeback would go against that.

Given those two things, I (awkwardly) would prefer there to be no rakeback and keep the current state of the games as is.
sam1chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
big bwalz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 387
Re: rakeback please

Quote:
Originally Posted by flushymcacey View Post
I am a high-volume multi-tabler and have been bumming that there isn't a rake back program like most other sites have. Is this just something Global isn't planning on being in business long enough to even bother with or will we soon be getting the courtesy?
you and all the rest of the break even or losing bad regs can't have your cake and eat it too. Have you ever heard of Winning Poker Network, they have the best rakeback program and the hardest games on the planet and the 2 are directly correlated. You can not have soft rec filled games and also rakeback. Please quit trying to turn this into wpn or the old pokerstars.

Mods please delete this entire thread
big bwalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:09 PM   #5
big bwalz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 387
Re: rakeback please

takes a lot of $ for those facebook ads I'd imagine, and to run the freerolls, cover the overlays etc. I'd rather the $ spent on that than rebates for timing out, game killing nits. Maybe that's because I've always focused my poker on game profit not high volume break even or losing poker with all profit coming from rebates. I like the playing the game.

Sorry to be somewhat abrasive Im just frustrated, and aren't you the same guy who complained about fees being removed, that made the post about "how long we have left". Have you had much online experience before, it seems to me not. Are you a local live player that decided along with your wife to give online a shot or? You really seem the epitomy or a snowflake always complaining, unrealistic expectations etc it kinda tilts me.

Last edited by big bwalz; 07-15-2017 at 07:15 PM.
big bwalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:22 PM   #6
flushymcacey
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 79
Re: rakeback please

"I don't mean to be abrasive but you are a snowflake."

Twoplustwo is a weird place to troll but here you are. Thanks for being a part of the community!
flushymcacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:26 PM   #7
big bwalz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 387
Re: rakeback please

Quote:
Originally Posted by flushymcacey View Post
"I don't mean to be abrasive but you are a snowflake."

Twoplustwo is a weird place to troll but here you are. Thanks for being a part of the community!
im a longtime member, people will vouch for me even though my post count is low. Monteroy used to back me for over 2 years, you know, the guy from the RNG discussion thread.

Im not trolling I was being 100% honest, i feel bad for calling yo a snowflake but I call em as I see em.
big bwalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #8
GlobalPokerCSadmin
Global Poker Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 371
Re: rakeback please

Hey guys,

We won't be closing the thread as people are entitled to their opinion.

But as many have alluded to our current position is as below.

We could either reward our players with one of the following:

a) A rakeback program targeting multi table grinders who play as close to GTO optimal poker at all time

b) By heavily advertising on Facebook and and other forms of media to as well of spreading tournaments with big overlays and free roll tournaments with nice prizes to target more social players who want to play for a fun time and enjoyable experience.

Our current position is that the latter is better for the site, our poker economy, our long term sustainability and our regular player base.

If you want to play a robotic game on 20 tables with other players playing a robotic game on 20 tables there are plenty of sites available for you and we wish you well.

However, if you want to have a fun enjoyable playing experience against players that are new to poker and playing as a fun hobby then Global Poker is the place for you!
GlobalPokerCSadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #9
uradoodooface
veteran
 
uradoodooface's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,254
Re: rakeback please

Seems like the best way to fix that is a 4 table max. I'd love a site like that.
uradoodooface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #10
zikzak
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zikzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The radical left
Posts: 19,434
Re: rakeback please

Count me in as somebody who strongly prefers efforts to attract and retain a large recreational player base.
zikzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:19 AM   #11
TD-74
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 160
Re: rakeback please

REGS are attracted to the games by RECS. Not rakeback. Simple.

I'm getting tired of players propagating this myth of Rakeback = Regs. By doing so they're advocating against their own bottom line and helping gaming companies to justify charging as high of a rake as they possibly can.

Rakeback = lower rake. Lower rake is good. It is good for anyone playing, be it rec or reg. There's no two ways about it.

To avoid proliferation of mass tabling rackeback grinding limit the amount of tables one can play to 4 or 6 as poster above already suggested. But there is no way to limit the amount of regs where the recs are present. That's just the way poker goes. To think that by not offering rakeback you will keep regs away from these soft rec infested games is absurd.

Getting daily, weekly or whatever rakeback/rewards payments also keeps rec players more engaged. Is it hard to see that getting something back for putting in time at the tables beats getting nothing..? Even most loosing players will feel that they are getting more value out of their deposits and will be more willing to redeposit. I'm saying this based on my past experience as an affiliate and talking to quite a few of them.

So yeah, start offering rakeback. Thanks.
TD-74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:44 AM   #12
archosaurs
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 17
Re: rakeback please

No rakeback. And feel free to raise the rake as a penalty for all the pissing and moaning by these babies.
archosaurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:35 AM   #13
big bwalz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 387
Re: rakeback please

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD-74 View Post
REGS are attracted to the games by RECS. Not rakeback. Simple.

I'm getting tired of players propagating this myth of Rakeback = Regs. By doing so they're advocating against their own bottom line and helping gaming companies to justify charging as high of a rake as they possibly can.

Rakeback = lower rake. Lower rake is good. It is good for anyone playing, be it rec or reg. There's no two ways about it.

To avoid proliferation of mass tabling rackeback grinding limit the amount of tables one can play to 4 or 6 as poster above already suggested. But there is no way to limit the amount of regs where the recs are present. That's just the way poker goes. To think that by not offering rakeback you will keep regs away from these soft rec infested games is absurd.

Getting daily, weekly or whatever rakeback/rewards payments also keeps rec players more engaged. Is it hard to see that getting something back for putting in time at the tables beats getting nothing..? Even most loosing players will feel that they are getting more value out of their deposits and will be more willing to redeposit. I'm saying this based on my past experience as an affiliate and talking to quite a few of them.

So yeah, start offering rakeback. Thanks.
This is way off IMO, I'll reply in detail tomorrow but just the fact that you were/are an affiliate speaks volumes for your want/need for rakeback. 1st off rakeback also attracts bots and break even or losing mass multi tabling regs, recs dont like playing with those players (if thats what they can even be called). Cant have your cake and eat it too. WPN will never get any larger than it is because the American and Euro player base (countries with rec players that have $ to deposit worth playing for for US players) don't trust them and they cater to bots and players from 3rd world countries so their micro stakes games play harder than 10/20 on global. But hey they have rakeback! I hated playing on WPN so much I literally returned a stake to play there a while back. End of bedtime rant lol.
big bwalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:28 AM   #14
Bozo7
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 215
Re: rakeback please

In Lieu of rakeback, just lower the rake.
Bozo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:52 AM   #15
Stroggos_nz
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 75
Re: rakeback please

Im not asking for rakeback, i prefer softer games, however, the rake structure for 2handed is the same as for 6max. This makes it very difficult for any HU action, but i guess you guys just don't want HU to be a thing.
Stroggos_nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:22 AM   #16
flushymcacey
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 79
Re: rakeback please

The way people talk about rakeback like it automatically ruins the games is not an opinion that I see supported with links to any supporting data. Don't necessarily think it might not have some validity, but if you make a broad statement like that and don't link to any evidence, you are really just adding noise to the shouting back and forth.
flushymcacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #17
splayaa
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 666
Re: rakeback please

Quote:
Originally Posted by flushymcacey View Post
The way people talk about rakeback like it automatically ruins the games is not an opinion that I see supported with links to any supporting data. Don't necessarily think it might not have some validity, but if you make a broad statement like that and don't link to any evidence, you are really just adding noise to the shouting back and forth.
What if one was to complain about not getting charged PayPal fees in the past and wanting to get those refunded so one spammed multiple pages with this complaint. Would you consider this just adding noise?

The point being... hey kettle, you are correct the pot is black.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #18
a dewd
adept
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 825
Re: rakeback please

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bwalz View Post
This is way off IMO, I'll reply in detail tomorrow but just the fact that you were/are an affiliate speaks volumes for your want/need for rakeback. 1st off rakeback also attracts bots and break even or losing mass multi tabling regs, recs dont like playing with those players (if thats what they can even be called). Cant have your cake and eat it too. WPN will never get any larger than it is because the American and Euro player base (countries with rec players that have $ to deposit worth playing for for US players) don't trust them and they cater to bots and players from 3rd world countries so their micro stakes games play harder than 10/20 on global. But hey they have rakeback! I hated playing on WPN so much I literally returned a stake to play there a while back. End of bedtime rant lol.
Although I really like playing on WPN, I agree with what you wrote. I don't see the micro/low stakes games as being overly difficult, but they do seem to have an overall far stronger level of skill in those MTTs and ring games than almost any other site. I have sat with some players in $3 -5 MTTs that I sit with in $100 games. I'don't recall seeing that often on any other site.

The skill level, HUD use or not, in the 5/10 micro cash games on WPN is definitely much much higher than any other site I play on, including non-US facing ones when I am travelling.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #19
MeleaB
net detriment
 
MeleaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,618
Re: rakeback please

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bwalz View Post
This is way off IMO, I'll reply in detail tomorrow but just the fact that you were/are an affiliate speaks volumes for your want/need for rakeback. 1st off rakeback also attracts bots and break even or losing mass multi tabling regs, recs dont like playing with those players (if thats what they can even be called). Cant have your cake and eat it too. WPN will never get any larger than it is because the American and Euro player base (countries with rec players that have $ to deposit worth playing for for US players) don't trust them and they cater to bots and players from 3rd world countries so their micro stakes games play harder than 10/20 on global. But hey they have rakeback! I hated playing on WPN so much I literally returned a stake to play there a while back. End of bedtime rant lol.
Rakeback, pure and simple, equates to lower rake. It isn't rocket science. It doesn't attract regs or bots or aliens.
MeleaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #20
big bwalz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 387
Re: rakeback please

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeleaB View Post
Rakeback, pure and simple, equates to lower rake. It isn't rocket science. It doesn't attract regs or bots or aliens.
actually its not lower rake. To prove my point, at what point would you and others quit asking for or expecting rakeback? Whats the breakeven point for quality of games vs low rake? What rake would you be willing to pay for 20bbs/100 or 40% stt roi, 100%+ in mtts?

All this rakeback equates to lower rake is bs IMO, its a a dog and pony show. Live rooms dont have rakeback and if they do it's less than the new amayastars program.

Lets say GP lowers rake to same as stars and maintains the game quality, will y'all quit asking for rb then? Bottom line is a whole lot of people want to be paid to play as opposed to skill level relative to avg opponent etc. I want winrate to come from beating players not the system.
big bwalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #21
big bwalz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 387
Re: rakeback please

and rakeback 100% attracts bots especially lower quality or newer ones. don't ask me to post a bunch of proof it's common sense and widely available.
big bwalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #22
big bwalz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 387
Re: rakeback please

1 more thing for now, there's also the free warp speed cashouts. Mine have been beter than anything pre or post bf and there's HEAPS of value for me in that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'd have to guess that's not cheap either or everybody would be doing it. Sweeps model or not, the CS is awesome as good or better than the Scheinberg owned PS IME. Not an exact comparison ofc but closest comparison I can come up with.
big bwalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #23
TD-74
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 160
Re: rakeback please

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bwalz View Post
This is way off IMO, I'll reply in detail tomorrow but just the fact that you were/are an affiliate speaks volumes for your want/need for rakeback. 1st off rakeback also attracts bots and break even or losing mass multi tabling regs, recs dont like playing with those players (if thats what they can even be called). Cant have your cake and eat it too. WPN will never get any larger than it is because the American and Euro player base (countries with rec players that have $ to deposit worth playing for for US players) don't trust them and they cater to bots and players from 3rd world countries so their micro stakes games play harder than 10/20 on global. But hey they have rakeback! I hated playing on WPN so much I literally returned a stake to play there a while back. End of bedtime rant lol.
I mentioned the fact that I WAS an affiliate only to show that I base my statements on conversations with players and not just my opinions. Just because the site offers rakeback doesn't mean it has to have affiliate programs and I'm all for Global not having any. My only objective is to pay lower rake as a player.

I agree that mass tabling rakeback grinding is a negative for any site. However, the easier and better way to get rid of it is by limiting the amount of tables allowed. Not by making EVERYONES rake higher. With right policies in place rakeback doesnít have to mean mass tabling rakeback grinding, only lower rake.

ACR is not the only possible model of player rewards. Their program does encourage mass tabling rakeback grinding and the site suffers for it IMO. Iím not saying Global should follow that model. Itís not ACR type rakeback or nothing.

Being in a legal grey area ACR doesnít advertise on outlets like Facebook. That and the fact that itís grey legal status makes public trust it way less than Global are the main reasons why games are tougher on ACR/WPN. Not lower rake..
TD-74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #24
TD-74
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 160
Re: rakeback please

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bwalz View Post
actually its not lower rake. To prove my point, at what point would you and others quit asking for or expecting rakeback? Whats the breakeven point for quality of games vs low rake? What rake would you be willing to pay for 20bbs/100 or 40% stt roi, 100%+ in mtts?

All this rakeback equates to lower rake is bs IMO, its a a dog and pony show. Live rooms dont have rakeback and if they do it's less than the new amayastars program.

Lets say GP lowers rake to same as stars and maintains the game quality, will y'all quit asking for rb then? Bottom line is a whole lot of people want to be paid to play as opposed to skill level relative to avg opponent etc. I want winrate to come from beating players not the system.
Yes, if GP would lower rake to same as stars plus let's say additional 27% in lieu of rakeback I would stop asking for it.
TD-74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #25
big bwalz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 387
Re: rakeback please

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD-74 View Post
Yes, if GP would lower rake to same as stars plus let's say additional 27% in lieu of rakeback I would stop asking for it.
ya that sounds about as reasonable as the guy asking for rebates for cashout fees before the site started covering them But thanks for answering. Sites need to pay their overhead and turn a profit too. Side note there are many more reasons WPN is the hardest in the industry and its not lack of fb ads. Recs dont redeposit there, everyone hates it even their reps troll themselves in their subrofum its a joke of a site. Sure it's not the only one. I guess you'd prefer PP's model of 40%? Seems to me like a lot of people need to work on their game.
big bwalz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online