Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally cash out your wins anytime with PayPal!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2017, 11:13 PM   #1
billyho1515
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 7
Please improve logic on MTT table moves

Played in a couple of the multi-table tournaments this evening, and made final ten in two of them. With that came a handful of table moves and consolidations late in the tournament.

In those two tournaments, three of the last four times I got moved, the same thing happened. I'd go through a substantial big blind and small blind and make my way to the button. Either while I was on the button or right after, I'd get moved to a new table... and be the next man into the big blind again.

That's crappy software as it is, but when the blinds are 8,000/4,000 and your stack is down to 15-20k, it's a tournament-ender.
billyho1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
highjumper86
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 125
Re: Please improve logic on MTT table moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyho1515 View Post
Played in a couple of the multi-table tournaments this evening, and made final ten in two of them. With that came a handful of table moves and consolidations late in the tournament.

In those two tournaments, three of the last four times I got moved, the same thing happened. I'd go through a substantial big blind and small blind and make my way to the button. Either while I was on the button or right after, I'd get moved to a new table... and be the next man into the big blind again.

That's crappy software as it is, but when the blinds are 8,000/4,000 and your stack is down to 15-20k, it's a tournament-ender.
A couple is two. just sayin'
highjumper86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #3
yourgfmyrailbird
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 91
Re: Please improve logic on MTT table moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by highjumper86 View Post
A couple is two. just sayin'
A few is three.
yourgfmyrailbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:15 PM   #4
SitandSpin
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 24
Re: Please improve logic on MTT table moves

This happens constantly and I'm not sure if there's really a fix. It seems too complicated for the software to know where everybody is getting sat down on each table move and to distribute BBs, SBs, BTNs, etc., equally.

As far as I'm aware, every site does this the same way, where (by appearances) they run some RNG type thing, pick somebody randomly, and put them into the open spot. You just ran bad last night.

I was at one of the tables on which this happened to you, and watched how, right after complaining, you somehow got a walk in the BB when you had a, like, 1.7bb stack. I cracked up a bit.
SitandSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:24 PM   #5
billyho1515
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 7
Re: Please improve logic on MTT table moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitandSpin View Post
This happens constantly and I'm not sure if there's really a fix. It seems too complicated for the software to know where everybody is getting sat down on each table move and to distribute BBs, SBs, BTNs, etc., equally.

As far as I'm aware, every site does this the same way, where (by appearances) they run some RNG type thing, pick somebody randomly, and put them into the open spot. You just ran bad last night.

I was at one of the tables on which this happened to you, and watched how, right after complaining, you somehow got a walk in the BB when you had a, like, 1.7bb stack. I cracked up a bit.
You're right, although I really wanted someone to raise it that time! (Had A,K of all things). Literally typed out my complaining in the chat and hit submit when the cards got dealt.
billyho1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #6
Matt
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Re: Please improve logic on MTT table moves

same thing happened to me, wouldnt even happen if this site was ran by people who cared about poker and not $
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:31 PM   #7
splayaa
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 492
Re: Please improve logic on MTT table moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
same thing happened to me, wouldnt even happen if this site was ran by people who cared about poker and not $
Not sure I follow the logical deduction that because they do a poor job on MTT table moves (which I do agree, needs some fixing) then they don't care about poker, but only care about money.

Looking forward to your explanation.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:15 AM   #8
lagtight
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 23
Re: Please improve logic on MTT table moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
same thing happened to me, wouldnt even happen if this site was ran by people who cared about poker and not $
Online poker wouldn't exist if the people who ran it didn't care about money.

If a poker site doesn't provide the value for your money that you're looking for, either switch sites or find a new hobby/profession.

With that said, since Global is I assume trying to make as much money as possible, the best way for them to do that is to make as many of their customers as happy as possible.

Happy customers = more $$$ for Global.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM   #9
billyho1515
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 7
Re: Please improve logic on MTT table moves

Again twice tonight. At this point, there really is something wrong with the logic of the system.
billyho1515 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online