Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally cash out your wins anytime with PayPal!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #76
BlackFr1day
old hand
 
BlackFr1day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I am Americand I never give up
Posts: 1,574
Re: Played with friend on same IP at same time. He refuses to verify. Choose friends wisely!

It is weird that there hasn't been a comment from Global on this, and I know they've seen this thread because they literally changed the title of it.

Really bakes your noodle imo
BlackFr1day is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #77
BlackFr1day
old hand
 
BlackFr1day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I am Americand I never give up
Posts: 1,574
Re: Played with friend on same IP at same time. He refuses to verify. Choose friends wisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
well said.
+1
BlackFr1day is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #78
lagtight
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 156
Re: Played with friend on same IP at same time. He refuses to verify. Choose friends wisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFr1day View Post
It is weird that there hasn't been a comment from Global on this, and I know they've seen this thread because they literally changed the title of it.

Really bakes your noodle imo
Are you having an ongoing dialogue with GP via email on this matter? If not, why not? What are you doing on your end to resolve this mess? Sounds like they've asked your friend to submit ID info, so now the ball is in your court to persuade GP otherwise, right? Wrong? Maybe?
lagtight is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 03:04 PM   #79
BlackFr1day
old hand
 
BlackFr1day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I am Americand I never give up
Posts: 1,574
Re: Played with friend on same IP at same time. He refuses to verify. Choose friends wisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
Are you having an ongoing dialogue with GP via email on this matter?
Yes.


Quote:
What are you doing on your end to resolve this mess?
Hello welcome to the thread
BlackFr1day is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 03:16 PM   #80
Rutledge Smitty
grinder
 
Rutledge Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: HU4rollz w high prop tax paying ppl
Posts: 622
Re: Played with friend on same IP at same time. He refuses to verify. Choose friends wisely!

I don't understand...if this is a significant amount of money offer your "friend" $50 or something to submit documents that take 5 minutes to obtain. Choose your friends wisely.
Rutledge Smitty is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 05:47 PM   #81
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 45,437
Re: Played with friend on same IP at same time. He refuses to verify. Choose friends wisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFr1day View Post
Yes.
Well then, why are you upset they aren't commenting in the thread? If they're working on this with you, then there's no reason for them to comment.
Bobo Fett is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #82
BlackFr1day
old hand
 
BlackFr1day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I am Americand I never give up
Posts: 1,574
Re: Played with friend on same IP at same time. He refuses to verify. Choose friends wisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Well then, why are you upset they aren't commenting in the thread? If they're working on this with you, then there's no reason for them to comment.
Figured if they cared enough to edit the title of the thread without my permission then they might owe me (and the public) an explanation.
BlackFr1day is offline  
Old 11-15-2017, 11:26 PM   #83
M.A.H.P.'s
veteran
 
M.A.H.P.'s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the RV!
Posts: 2,337
Re: Played with friend on same IP at same time. He refuses to verify. Choose friends wisely!

I guess to be fair to global, this is their sponsored forum. you would have to ask someone who ACTUALLY knows, but its probably their right to edit the posts however they want. on the plus side, at least they don't delete them.
M.A.H.P.'s is offline  
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM   #84
Tizull
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 251
Re: Played with friend on same IP at same time. He refuses to verify. Choose friends wisely!

OP multi accounted and is still in shock.
Tizull is online now  
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM   #85
a dewd
adept
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 814
Re: Played with friend on same IP at same time. He refuses to verify. Choose friends wisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.H.P.'s View Post
I guess to be fair to global, this is their sponsored forum. you would have to ask someone who ACTUALLY knows, but its probably their right to edit the posts however they want. on the plus side, at least they don't delete them.
It may be their 'right', but it is pretty deceitful to change the title so that the entire intention is altered. I'm probably Global Poker. This isn't the first time that it's been done. If it is an open forum, people should be able to state what and how they feel, as long as it is not a blatant slander or personal attack. The original title was neither. I disagree with OPs vision if how it could/should be resolved, but that's my opinion. His intent with the thread was to draw attention and exhibit frustration over something he felt wronged by.

Global completely changed the intent by drastically alterring the title. OP was not warning people about choosing friends wisely. I cannot see how Global has any right to edit something to make themselves appear better. It actually casts a shadow of doubt on integrity. Global should have addressed it one time publicly and that's that. OP didn't say Global was an outright scam. He does feel that they are acting wrong and should be allowed to express that as he chooses. The impression that is left is, what else has or will be changed or deleted due to hurt feelings. I get their side of it, but it's not overly professional.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
a dewd is offline  
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #86
GlobalPokerCSadmin
Global Poker Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 371
Re: Played with friend on same IP at same time. He refuses to verify. Choose friends wisely!

Hey guys,

I changed the title of this thread.

Have read the feedback of people on it and I appreciate the views given.

The facts here are pretty simple. As we do with all players (there have been countless examples on these forums) we have tried to help OP by letting them know what to do in order to verify their account and ensure the integrity of game play on our site by ensuring there is one player per account.

To be clear, this isn't a rule that was made up solely for the OP. We haven't targeted OP and given him a unique, impossible to abide by set of rules. We have had a significant number of players in this situation and the vast majority all happily work with us, get their account verified and continue to play happily on our site. We are not interested i compromising the integrity of our site just because one player believes that a different set of rules should apply to them compared to everyone else.

I changed the name of the thread as new players looking for information on our site come to this forum for information. We have a player who is casting untrue allegations about our site despite our best efforts to help them (the player has mentioned he is talking with support). New players will see headings first and form unfair opinions on our site based on an incorrect dispersion by one player.

I was faced with two choices, close the thread and direct the player to support where these matters are handled or change the name and allow other players the opportunity to comment on OPs situation.

I always try to allow people the opportunity to talk so I decided to leave the thread open and to change the name.

At the end of the day we set up this forum to have a place where players could voice opinions on our site, build a community and be involved in shaping its future. This forum was not created so that players who do not want to abide by the rules can have a soap box to stand on and share their unfounded grudges.

Perhaps that was the wrong decision and I should have just closed the thread. Feedback is noted and I will do that in the future.

Regardless, I will close this thread now, it has well and truly run its course. OP - support are there to help if you want help. If you continue to work with them to resolve this we look forward to welcoming you back to the Global Poker tables. However, if you do not, we wish you all the best with your future endeavors.
GlobalPokerCSadmin is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online