Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally cash out your wins anytime with PayPal!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
lotuspod2
adept
 
lotuspod2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 801
Omaha H/L

Please try to get this game added soon...FLO8, PLO8, and NLO8. Others and I have been waiting patiently on this for quite awhile now. It's completely understandable that it couldn't be added right away, in order to speed up the release of your site. But now that things seem to have settled in a bit, it's really time to get this added.
lotuspod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
a dewd
adept
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 825
Re: Omaha H/L

+10

O8 games are great and variations like fixed limit would be awesome. There are very few US facing sites that offer it.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:32 PM   #3
glutenfree
old hand
 
glutenfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Somewhere Out There
Posts: 1,269
Re: Omaha H/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
+10

O8 games are great and variations like fixed limit would be awesome. There are very few US facing sites that offer it.
I agree on adding fixed limit O/8, but which US facing sites don't offer it? I have accounts at 5 including the 2 big ones and they all have it.
glutenfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #4
doctorflush
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 406
Re: Omaha H/L

Hope 08 comes soon
doctorflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #5
a dewd
adept
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 825
Re: Omaha H/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutenfree View Post
I agree on adding fixed limit O/8, but which US facing sites don't offer it? I have accounts at 5 including the 2 big ones and they all have it.


I meant as far as MTTs go. The cash games tend to have tumbleweeds blowing through them. The largest US facing network had a FL tourney a year ago in a promo series and it was a large entry field. I'd just like to see a site that has them regularly. ;(
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #6
glutenfree
old hand
 
glutenfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Somewhere Out There
Posts: 1,269
Re: Omaha H/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
I meant as far as MTTs go. The cash games tend to have tumbleweeds blowing through them. The largest US facing network had a FL tourney a year ago in a promo series and it was a large entry field. I'd just like to see a site that has them regularly. ;(
Oh, yes, MTTs... got ya. True the cash games, while offered, is a tumbleweed zone. I'm a cash game player first so I tend to think of cash games first.

I'd like to see O/8 added to both eventually.
glutenfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #7
pieceofcake
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 672
Re: Omaha H/L

Yes please add omaha h/l limit cash games

If u guys can run all this high limit PLO, i think u could
Add a few limit O8 tables. Something like .50-1 up to 4-8 or something
pieceofcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #8
Bozo7
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 215
Re: Omaha H/L

Not enough omaha traffic on the site - no need to further thin out the games.
Bozo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:31 AM   #9
glutenfree
old hand
 
glutenfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Somewhere Out There
Posts: 1,269
Re: Omaha H/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofcake View Post
If u guys can run all this high limit PLO, i think u could
Add a few limit O8 tables. Something like .50-1 up to 4-8 or something
I don't think it's that simple. They have the mechanics of the 4 card hand deal down but programming hi/low split for non poker playing developers probably isn't a pieceofcake.

I think (hope) they get there eventually but not sure how quickly it's reasonable to expect this.
glutenfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:32 PM   #10
noob_lurk
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 19
Re: Omaha H/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutenfree View Post
I don't think it's that simple. They have the mechanics of the 4 card hand deal down but programming hi/low split for non poker playing developers probably isn't a pieceofcake.

I think (hope) they get there eventually but not sure how quickly it's reasonable to expect this.
You're just marrying razz logic to preexisting Omaha hi logic, coding in the split-pot logic, and some other little stuff.

Also, I think good programmers would be amused at the notion of needing to be experienced players to code the game/split-pot logic competently
noob_lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:42 PM   #11
glutenfree
old hand
 
glutenfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Somewhere Out There
Posts: 1,269
Re: Omaha H/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_lurk View Post
Also, I think good programmers would be amused at the notion of needing to be experienced players to code the game/split-pot logic competently
They don't need to be experienced players at all. They do however need an experienced player consulting with them so get all the programming nuances right.
glutenfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #12
GlobalPokerCSadmin
Global Poker Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 371
Re: Omaha H/L

Hi guys this is definitely on the pad so thanks for bringing it up.

As you can appreciate at the moment this issue (like most of the ones that are raised) is a balance between what effect it will have on our other tables (i.e spread the traffic too thin) and prioritization in the development teams work queue.

We must make sure any changes that are introduced are beneficial and done correctly.

All of these things are on the to do list. We just want to make sure we do them the right way instead of chucking everything in at once.
GlobalPokerCSadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:00 PM   #13
hobokes
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
hobokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: @hobokes
Posts: 6,329
Re: Omaha H/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalPokerCSadmin View Post
Hi guys this is definitely on the pad so thanks for bringing it up.

As you can appreciate at the moment this issue (like most of the ones that are raised) is a balance between what effect it will have on our other tables (i.e spread the traffic too thin) and prioritization in the development teams work queue.

We must make sure any changes that are introduced are beneficial and done correctly.

All of these things are on the to do list. We just want to make sure we do them the right way instead of chucking everything in at once.
add o8 limit!
hobokes is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online