Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally cash out quickly and securely

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #26
apkrnewb
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,498
Re: GlobalPoker explained

You can't contact these people other than email. They do not mention ANYWHERE about SECURITY for collusion, chip dumping, players being able to see opponents cards, multi accounts etc etc. You can't get info on a tourney/sng before you start. I think turbo means 10 min blinds, who knows cant tell. Beware! ThE site has a lot of early Ultimate Poker vibes. This seems like a very sweet deal for a very few people.
ca·ve·at emp·tor

Last edited by apkrnewb; 06-08-2017 at 03:23 PM.
apkrnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #27
MotownGreek
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 176
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by apkrnewb View Post
You can't contact these people other than email. They do not mention ANYWHERE about SECURITY for collusion, chip dumping, players being able to see opponents cards, multi accounts etc etc. You can't get info on a tourney/sng before you start. I think turbo means 10 min blinds, who knows cant tell. Beware! ThE site has a lot of early Ultimate Poker vibes. This seems like a very sweet deal for a very few people.
ca·ve·at emp·tor
Someone didn't read the TOS or learn how to navigate their tournament lobby window.
MotownGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:27 AM   #28
apkrnewb
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,498
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Or did
apkrnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:14 PM   #29
sam1chips
adept
 
sam1chips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: twitch.tv/sam1chips
Posts: 749
Re: GlobalPoker explained

So I am still a little confused about this...I have gold coins in my account. how do i go about converting this into $ in my account?
sam1chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:09 PM   #30
GlobalPokerCSadmin
Global Poker Rep
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 382
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1chips View Post
So I am still a little confused about this...I have gold coins in my account. how do i go about converting this into $ in my account?
Hello,

You can't convert Gold Coins into $. This isn't how the Global Poker model works.

Global Poker, sells virtual currency (Gold Coins). These are virtual chips which you can accumulate and play with but they cannot be redeemed for real money.

When purchasing Gold Coins, players are given bonus sweepstakes prizes by way of “$weeps Cash”. The $weeps Cash can be used to buy into the $weeps Cash tournaments and ring games however any of these that are accumulated or won can be cashed out through PayPal as real cash prizes.

You should have both a $weeps Cash balance and a Gold Coin balance. They are not convertible from one to the other.

Hope this helps.
GlobalPokerCSadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #31
soooted
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 206
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Can Gold Coins be used for anything other than buying new avatars?
soooted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:16 PM   #32
WhatsTheVig
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Saw this in the sweeps rules section of the site:

Sweepstakes/Prize Promotion Cash expires after 60 days from the date of initial issue of the Sweepstakes/Prize Promotion Cash.

Does this refer to money I deposited? Or is it something else?
WhatsTheVig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:20 PM   #33
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,313
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsTheVig View Post
Saw this in the sweeps rules section of the site:

Sweepstakes/Prize Promotion Cash expires after 60 days from the date of initial issue of the Sweepstakes/Prize Promotion Cash.

Does this refer to money I deposited? Or is it something else?
I personally haven't seen any of my cash disappear and I have been on the site for 109 days since I started tracking things.

But I agree, that is an interesting statement there and I would love to hear what global has to say.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #34
MonkeyPox
undeserving
 
MonkeyPox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Making cancer my bitch..again
Posts: 2,570
Re: GlobalPoker explained

It probably has something to do with the free $2 that they give you so you can't just keep getting the free money and cash out. I do agree that it is ambiguous and should be clarified.
MonkeyPox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:15 AM   #35
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,313
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyPox View Post
It probably has something to do with the free $2 that they give you so you can't just keep getting the free money and cash out. I do agree that it is ambiguous and should be clarified.
MonkeyPox, I think you hit the nail on the head. Still, I agree with you I would love to see a "Global Official" account confirm that is true.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:08 AM   #36
Swag *Official*
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: with your chips
Posts: 88
Re: GlobalPoker explained

How much sweeps cash do you get for buying gold coins?
Swag *Official* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:24 AM   #37
Swag *Official*
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: with your chips
Posts: 88
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag *Official* View Post
How much sweeps cash do you get for buying gold coins?
NVM: It says it next to the gold coins amount on the purchase page.
Swag *Official* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:33 AM   #38
Swag *Official*
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: with your chips
Posts: 88
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Also be advised that on cashing out via Paypal, they make you pay the Paypal business transaction fee, which is kinda lame. Just take that into account when putting in your cashout amount.
Swag *Official* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:49 AM   #39
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,313
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag *Official* View Post
Also be advised that on cashing out via Paypal, they make you pay the Paypal business transaction fee, which is kinda lame. Just take that into account when putting in your cashout amount.
Yes, its been a large topic of discussion through out these very forums. Global support does continue to indicate they are looking to actually solve this, my guess is by giving extra on the cashout to "cover" the fee. That way when you say "cash out $50" $50 actually shows up in your Paypal account.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:10 PM   #40
randy-v
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 4
Re: GlobalPoker explained

How do I edit my Global Poler Profile? Specifically, I want to change the email address connected to my account.

Tried a search here without success.

Thanks.
randy-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:39 AM   #41
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,313
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy-v View Post
How do I edit my Global Poler Profile? Specifically, I want to change the email address connected to my account.

Tried a search here without success.

Thanks.
I think you have to email support to have that done, I haven't ever seen an option to edit email. Also this would be a better question for the "General Questions" thread.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:20 PM   #42
robothead
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Roslindale/ Boston
Posts: 110
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Is there any way I can keep my current avatar, but add on a scarf or a hat or something. I think that would be a wicked cool addition to the game. Maybe even a little house or car for them to drive from table to table in.
robothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #43
shawnb4595
journeyman
 
shawnb4595's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bluffalo NY
Posts: 235
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by robothead View Post
Is there any way I can keep my current avatar, but add on a scarf or a hat or something. I think that would be a wicked cool addition to the game. Maybe even a little house or car for them to drive from table to table in.
Maybe in a year or two, when you turn 16 they will have houses, flowers, scarfs, hats, puppies and little roads for you to take your avatars on. Also "wicked cool" would be winning candy instead of real money! Yeah! Wicked cool bruh. And thanks for posting in the Global Poker explained thread, you really helped people.
shawnb4595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #44
1loNgGr1ND
centurion
 
1loNgGr1ND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mile high baby
Posts: 158
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by robothead View Post
Is there any way I can keep my current avatar, but add on a scarf or a hat or something. I think that would be a wicked cool addition to the game. Maybe even a little house or car for them to drive from table to table in.
I think my avatar needs a shower. She's a dirty girl. Gggggrrrr
1loNgGr1ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:38 PM   #45
GOT TO WINN
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 509
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy-v View Post
How do I edit my Global Poler Profile? Specifically, I want to change the email address connected to my account.

Tried a search here without success.

Thanks.
I changed my email months back so it can be done. Not via the poker client although they should add that option.

I had to PM a rep on here to get it changed.
GOT TO WINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:15 AM   #46
ChipPyles
newbie
 
ChipPyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 41
Re: GlobalPoker explained

I'm definitely in, but still not really understanding the model.

When I purchase gold coins I've entered a sweepstakes, and yay, I just happened to win $weepscash prizes for the same amount that I bought in gold coins? And, then, I can take those prizes into a game and enter a new sweepstakes where the RNG, along with my decision to stay in the game, will determine my odds of winning in the new sweepstakes?
ChipPyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:44 AM   #47
shawnb4595
journeyman
 
shawnb4595's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bluffalo NY
Posts: 235
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipPyles View Post
I'm definitely in, but still not really understanding the model.

When I purchase gold coins I've entered a sweepstakes, and yay, I just happened to win $weepscash prizes for the same amount that I bought in gold coins? And, then, I can take those prizes into a game and enter a new sweepstakes where the RNG, along with my decision to stay in the game, will determine my odds of winning in the new sweepstakes?
Answers to your questions starting with #1 (When I purchase gold coins I've entered a sweepstakes)
No
No
No
No
shawnb4595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #48
ChipPyles
newbie
 
ChipPyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 41
Re: GlobalPoker explained

That was helpful. Oh, no wait, it wasn't.
ChipPyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #49
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,313
Re: GlobalPoker explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipPyles View Post
I'm definitely in, but still not really understanding the model.

When I purchase gold coins I've entered a sweepstakes, and yay, I just happened to win $weepscash prizes for the same amount that I bought in gold coins? And, then, I can take those prizes into a game and enter a new sweepstakes where the RNG, along with my decision to stay in the game, will determine my odds of winning in the new sweepstakes?
You are given in the amount of cash you spent on Gold Coins, and equivilent amount of $weeps Cash. This $weeps Cash can then be played at the $weeps Cash tables, SnGs, or MTTs. Hold'em and Omaha. You can also play these same games with Gold Coins. The difference is the $weeps Cash can be redeemed to Global for real USD into your PayPal account.

What makes it a sweepstakes is you can actually get $weeps Cash No Purchase Necessary. Check out these forums for Mail in for $weeps Cash and the FAQ on Global's website for details on that.

Just like when you play the McDonald's Monopoly game and you buy a qualifying product, they give you free game pieces. But you can also mail in envelopes and get these same game pieces without needing to make a purchase. Then once you get the right combination of game pieces, you can redeem them for prizes. The right combination of $weeps Cash if $50 $weeps Cash or above. You can then trade in your 50 in $weeps Cash for $50 into your PayPal.

Hopefully all of this helps, and if you have more questions, feel free to ask.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #50
ChipPyles
newbie
 
ChipPyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 41
Re: GlobalPoker explained

That's much simpler than I was trying to make it out to be. Thanks splayaa.
ChipPyles is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online