Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally cash out quickly and securely

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #501
Ctrane
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

You know things are slow when you see Hodler registered in the $5 sngs.
Ctrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:07 AM   #502
hodler
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 65
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

That's what I get for playing mornings.
hodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #503
H0RUS
Pooh-Bah
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mr.AlwaysFoldings' Steel Cage Match
Posts: 5,047
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
10% rake on sngs is disgusting.

Play 1,000 $50 sngs for the low price of $5,000!
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan08 View Post
The high rake is worth paying for how soft the sng's are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
i dont care how soft the games are, im not playing a game where i have to have a 10%+ roi just to make more money than the site does, because fact of the matter is less than 5% of the player pool will be good enough to make a 10%+ roi, so majority of the winners are making less $ per game than the site. smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerONETWO View Post
lol wat

Why in the plum hell do you care how much money the site makes? The site will always be infinitely richer than any player; talk about fighting a losing battle!

I get that the rake is too damn high, but, by refusing playing with these fishies, you're just cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacky View Post
Ok, don't play. As far as the regular speeds it's the same rake I have payed since party poker in 2003. The question has always been how much can I make (more so when I was playing for a living). Party poker, stars, bodog, empire, etc, have all probably made more from my play than I was. With supernova elite on stars it was probably close to even, but I think they still made more.

But like I said, if you choose not to play because the site would make money from it then don't. Host some no rake home games and have fun. Whatever makes you happy.

I'm just not sure why you felt the need to share that decision with us.
***fast forward 1 month***

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerONETWO View Post
Yeah, for some mysterious reason the SnGs are dying. There are plenty of fish ready to play SnGs 24/7 but they don't sit until other people sit first and a bunch of the "game starter" type regs are gone. Drives me crazy when there are two or three superfish ready to play but end up quitting because it takes 30 minutes just to 1-table the game of their choice.

I genuinely think Global should get prop players to play SnGs. Just one or two more regs to multitable at non-peak hours would exponentially increase the number of games running. If you build it, they will come. Everybody wins.

Also, I'm running ultra terribly in nl cash but I can't seem to give away a SnG so I'd like to play more of the latter atm.

Consider this my monthly whine post on this issue. It just makes zero sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rngz View Post
Ya it seems like weekdays, especially late night, are dead AF these days. Even the micros take forever for games to pop. I imagine high stakes games are even worse. Pretty depressing for night owls
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodler View Post
I haven't noticed much difference in Hypers besides the highest stakes. Nobody typically registers them during the hours I play, myself included. I did, however, reg $100s for ~6 hours today and I played 10 of them. That's part of the reason (the other being high rake) I don't like playing them; it's not fun playing $100+ hypers when you get ~10 a day.


People thought i was crazy but I'm going to take a wild guess and say the reason sng's are dying is because the majority aren't willing to pay 10% rake. The market has spoken.

but lots of fish! soft games! 10% roi!

I said it before and ill say it again, 10% sng rake in 2018 is the definition of being fleeced.


Hopefully the sng volume continues to decline to the site is actually forced to do something to entice volume, like idk, lowering the rake.


also lol at poker12 requesting global hire prop players for sng's. So me saying 10% rake is too high was insane but you asking for sng rakeback incentives is ok. hilarious.
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:15 PM   #504
hodler
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 65
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

I've never disagreed with you about the fact that rake should be lowered, just your idea that 10% (yes, I'll use 10% for you) rake in general is too high. It's fine for that to be the highest rake level on the site. Ignition and WPN both have multiple SNGs with that rake %.

If you wanted to say that 10% (9.09%) is too high on Global, you need to be more specific. For example, it's not standard for Turbos to have that rake on any site, so Global should not have the same rake in Turbos/Reg speeds. There's no logic in that, I agree. Another argument you could have for it being too high is that Global's reg speed SNGs have a faster structure than reg speeds on those other sites (Global's turbo/hyper structures are also faster). Although that could be offset with the quality of games of course.

All I want to see with the rake is a logical system. Meaning Turbos should have lower rake than the reg speed equivalent and rake scales with buy-ins. It's not complicated.

They should definitely keep the highest rake level at 10% (9.09%) though. Nothing wrong with it at all.
hodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #505
pokerONETWO
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 559
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

I'm sure the main reason games run far less often than they used to is that the entire player pool was seemingly cut in half after the switch to worldpay. Another reason is the natural evolution of poker sites, fish eventually go busto and/or get tired of getting their heads bashed in. I know of a number of superfish who lost 20-50k on sharkscope who don't play any more, and I really doubt it's because they pay 110 dollars to play a 100 dollar 9max SnG instead of 109 or 108.

And I've been advocating for prop players for non-peak hours ever since I started playing here. It just seems smart; Global wins, regs win, and fish who want more action win.

Edit: also, top regs are simply opensitting the forum less often, including me, and I doubt any of us are doing it because of the rake

Last edited by pokerONETWO; 11-16-2018 at 06:55 PM.
pokerONETWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:50 PM   #506
pokerONETWO
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 559
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Rarely, if ever, have I heard a fish in SnG gameplay chat complain about the rake. I have, however, been called a bot by these same fish hundreds of times. A couple of days ago some guy said I was "100% bot". Damn, I wish I was that sure about anything.

I think that superfish, regular fish and semi-fish alike are all way more concerned about bots than rake. I think more than anything they just want to play in a game where they know everybody else is also a legit human and isn't using some kind of banned software; very reasonably so.
pokerONETWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:04 PM   #507
hodler
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 65
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Rake definitely comes into my decision of no long open sitting the highest hypers. I'll still play them, but I'm not sitting them 100% of my sessions. Considering how fast the structure is, 6.54% rake in those games is way too high. Ignition is 4.76% with a better structure and I always open sit the highest stakes there.

I'm not a top reg though so my approach is different I guess.
hodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:21 PM   #508
pokerONETWO
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 559
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodler View Post
Rake definitely comes into my decision of no long open sitting the highest hypers. I'll still play them, but I'm not sitting them 100% of my sessions. Considering how fast the structure is, 6.54% rake in those games is way too high. Ignition is 4.76% with a better structure and I always open sit the highest stakes there.

I'm not a top reg though so my approach is different I guess.
I was basically referring to people who opensit multiple empty games, so you definitely count. But what you say here is interesting to me; clearly I wasn't totally right. I always figured people making easy money are gonna keep trying to maximize said money, even if they have gripes about the rake.

I've always been a addict degen that wants to play the highest games regardless, so maybe I'm not able to get inside the mind of more rational gamblers
pokerONETWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #509
hodler
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 65
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

For me at least, I just prefer to get in volume at the lower stakes that run far more often. After I got in ten $100 hypers that one day in 6 hours, the next day I got 0 in 6 hours and I was sitting the entire time. So, it's a combination of not liking the rake and not being able to play very many that I just decide that Ill ignore them altogether.
hodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:48 PM   #510
lagtight
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,048
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
I said it before and ill say it again, 10% sng rake in 2018 is the definition of being fleeced.
Actually, no it isn't. Unlike cash games, the rake for SNG is in front of every players face every time they sign up for a game. People can't be "fleeced" unless something they need to know is hidden from them, which is not the case with respect to SNG rake.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:15 PM   #511
Floki.onGP
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 57
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
Actually, no it isn't. Unlike cash games, the rake for SNG is in front of every players face every time they sign up for a game. People can't be "fleeced" unless something they need to know is hidden from them, which is not the case with respect to SNG rake.
somebody wrote up really good, detailed post and started a thread about stt structures on GP vs WPN and IGN almost a yr ag. The post/thread was made 12/18 iirc shortly after GP changed the starting stacks from 1500 to 1k and drastically increased the variance and reduced potential profitability of reg speed and turbo stts, and also added hypers. It was initially posted in with rutledge smitty's rake discussion thread thats no longer active and then had one of it's own. The changes GP made were made 10/13/2017, they sent out an email saying that's what the players wanted bla bla bla. I'm pretty certain rake was discussed itt as well. Eventually GP did revert back to a more reasonable, player friendly stt structure, iirc 2/2018?

I think lagtight participated itt, do you remember it? I speak of the thread in the past tense because I can no longer find it and I have heard that mods arent able to either. I bring it up because iirc, GP does make changes to game structures as evidenced there, and I also think it only came after they reviewed their quarterly #'s or whatever and saw how much the game type traffic dropped and consequentially revenue. I have no idea the internal operations of GP that's just a guess.

The other question that comes to mind is if anybody else remembers that thread and nobody can find it, where did it go and why, by who?
Floki.onGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:17 PM   #512
H0RUS
Pooh-Bah
 
H0RUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mr.AlwaysFoldings' Steel Cage Match
Posts: 5,047
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
Actually, no it isn't. Unlike cash games, the rake for SNG is in front of every players face every time they sign up for a game. People can't be "fleeced" unless something they need to know is hidden from them, which is not the case with respect to SNG rake.

ok keep paying 10% rake on sng's like its 2004
H0RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:21 PM   #513
Floki.onGP
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 57
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
ok keep paying 10% rake on sng's like its 2004
IMO 10% is fine with reg speed, although the "reg speed" games on gp are the fastest around last time i checked. 10% on turbs is too high regardless of avg players skill level or lack of and the rake on hypers appears even more so but i dont play or analyze those.
Floki.onGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:36 AM   #514
Floki.onGP
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 57
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
Actually, no it isn't. Unlike cash games, the rake for SNG is in front of every players face every time they sign up for a game. People can't be "fleeced" unless something they need to know is hidden from them, which is not the case with respect to SNG rake.
this is a bit relative, are we talking about "fleeced" meaning paying exponentially more for drinks at a bar than 7-11 due to it being a "more patron friendly environment" or are we talking paying $100/g for gasoline right after a hurricane because there is no other option? I think the GP rake situation is somewhere in between, they know they have the unregulated marked somewhat cornered, therefore enabling them to partake in some price fixing? Look at the cash game rake for comparison.

the discussion needs to be about the GP sng offerings and pricing vs other options facing the same markets, with math and specifics not verbal semantics if you guys want to make any real progress in any direction IMO.
Floki.onGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:10 AM   #515
Sirbustalotz
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 326
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Still no headsup sit and goes and no double or nothings. Ill check back in a few months if these guys want my thousands of dollars in rake each month need these formats. Also hate that there excuse was its predatory towards fish and then they add Hypers.
Sirbustalotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #516
hodler
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 65
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floki.onGP View Post
the discussion needs to be about the GP sng offerings and pricing vs other options facing the same markets, with math and specifics not verbal semantics if you guys want to make any real progress in any direction IMO.
I doubt this will make any real progress, but here's a comparison of Global's offerings to some other sites:

*did not double check any of the numbers, but they should be accurate for the most part

hodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM   #517
pokerONETWO
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 559
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirbustalotz View Post
Still no headsup sit and goes and no double or nothings. Ill check back in a few months if these guys want my thousands of dollars in rake each month need these formats. Also hate that there excuse was its predatory towards fish and then they add Hypers.
I think the bigger issue with this is the dilution of the player pool. If we're already having a problem with games running, adding even more games is gonna exacerbate that. I assume it's why they aren't running 4m hyper winner take alls above the 20$ level.

Well, it's also that DoN's are the nittiest nitfest that's ever nitted. Those things are even nittier than how I play at the 15/30 level
pokerONETWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM   #518
lagtight
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,048
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RUS View Post
ok keep paying 10% rake on sng's like its 2004
I almost never play SNG any more, but I would play them more if the rake was lower. My only point in my post was that nobody is being "fleeced."
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #519
lagtight
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,048
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floki.onGP View Post
somebody wrote up really good, detailed post and started a thread about stt structures on GP vs WPN and IGN almost a yr ag. The post/thread was made 12/18 iirc shortly after GP changed the starting stacks from 1500 to 1k and drastically increased the variance and reduced potential profitability of reg speed and turbo stts, and also added hypers. It was initially posted in with rutledge smitty's rake discussion thread thats no longer active and then had one of it's own. The changes GP made were made 10/13/2017, they sent out an email saying that's what the players wanted bla bla bla. I'm pretty certain rake was discussed itt as well. Eventually GP did revert back to a more reasonable, player friendly stt structure, iirc 2/2018?

I think lagtight participated itt, do you remember it? I speak of the thread in the past tense because I can no longer find it and I have heard that mods arent able to either. I bring it up because iirc, GP does make changes to game structures as evidenced there, and I also think it only came after they reviewed their quarterly #'s or whatever and saw how much the game type traffic dropped and consequentially revenue. I have no idea the internal operations of GP that's just a guess.

The other question that comes to mind is if anybody else remembers that thread and nobody can find it, where did it go and why, by who?
I was a frequent contributor to that thread, which was started by a guy named big_balwz. I played mostly SNG back then, and that thread resulted in GP returning to a more reasonable blind structure. (big_balwz self-banned from 2+2 a while back.)
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #520
lagtight
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,048
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floki.onGP View Post
this is a bit relative, are we talking about "fleeced" meaning paying exponentially more for drinks at a bar than 7-11 due to it being a "more patron friendly environment" or are we talking paying $100/g for gasoline right after a hurricane because there is no other option? I think the GP rake situation is somewhere in between, they know they have the unregulated marked somewhat cornered, therefore enabling them to partake in some price fixing? Look at the cash game rake for comparison.

the discussion needs to be about the GP sng offerings and pricing vs other options facing the same markets, with math and specifics not verbal semantics if you guys want to make any real progress in any direction IMO.
How do they have the market "somewhat cornered?" Players can play on Ignition (Bovada), Carbon, ACR, and I think maybe Betonline.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:15 AM   #521
whatbox420
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 71
Re: Global Poker SNG Discussion Thread

Traffic seems pretty meh lately on all fronts-sngs and cash...just been battling nit regs which is rather dull..WHERE MY DEGENS AT!? Here's a few reasons why the traffic is declining:
1. Most people can't even come close to beating the rake. Countless handles come on to the site, play for a few weeks (or less), and disappear forever. The retention rate seems super low.
2. Garbage software (this has been slowly improving ty)
3.No Love from the site back to the players. No deposit bonuses, rakeback, OR free hats. Can we just get a little something in return for generating gajillions of dollars in rake?
From day 1 this site has been a complete joke and even fish can see that. hopefully they turn it around.....
whatbox420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online