Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally cash out your wins anytime with PayPal!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2017, 10:09 AM   #176
Bozo7
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 215
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatts1350 View Post
So are you guys open shoving every hand yet knowing it's +EV? I'm guessing not...
+1,000,000

Go ahead and shove every hand and come back with your results (and supposedly huge winnings).
Bozo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:11 AM   #177
GOLDNSQUID
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojgib View Post
The actual number of entrants was determined by the number of players dealt cards. This is no different than sitting in a casino and having the cards shuffled and dealt. As it has been stated before, the above two scenarios are the same since in both cases the winner is already predetermined - at random - when the cards get dealt. The absolute winning hand of this deal (or sweepstakes) will not change if all players do not fold. The only thing that will change the outcome and winning hand is players folding their cards. Sit with a deck of cards sometime and deal 9 players all face up, fold no hands and deal to the river. See how often all these "rigged" type of occurrences happen dealt from your hand.

Enough nonsense from you guys and give some facts. If your statements are true these facts should be easily attainable.
?????

We have posted laws on sweepstakes and statements from their website and forum postings. We have messaged them here in this thread for clarification and got no response. We have even posted from there prospectus and looked at their patent that they have pending. Global Poker has been vague and misleading and have broken their ToS on numerous occasions yet we are the ones that are not to be trusted?

Let me guess after losing at other poker sites you tried global and finally won for a change. So now you feel that your justified in thinking how great you are at poker and the idea that you are just winning prize drawings is more than your fragile ego can handle so ignore any logic that is contradictory to it.
GOLDNSQUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #178
Bozo7
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 215
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

You have shown absolutely zero proof that anything other than "real" poker is happening.Show proof or GTFO.
Bozo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:28 AM   #179
IWishIWas
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 483
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo7 View Post
You have shown absolutely zero proof that anything other than "real" poker is happening.Show proof or GTFO.
Global can't show proof that it's not.
IWishIWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #180
IWishIWas
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 483
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojgib View Post
Enough nonsense from you guys and give some facts. If your statements are true these facts should be easily attainable.
People that buy in 10bb aren't entitled to their own opinions.
IWishIWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:33 AM   #181
Mr.DjiSamSoe
adept
 
Mr.DjiSamSoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: IndONEsia
Posts: 793
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDNSQUID View Post
?????

Let me guess after losing at other poker sites you tried global and finally won for a change. So now you feel that your justified in thinking how great you are at poker and the idea that you are just winning prize drawings is more than your fragile ego can handle so ignore any logic that is contradictory to it.
This.. right into the soul LOL
Mr.DjiSamSoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:37 AM   #182
GOLDNSQUID
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo7 View Post
You have shown absolutely zero proof that anything other than "real" poker is happening.Show proof or GTFO.
So some magical​ online poker site shows up post Black Friday claiming to be legal and using PayPal. They say they are legal because of the magic word Sweepstakes. They are vague about everything and refuse to answer legitimate questions about their game other than saying the RNG is still being tested. So people investigate what they mean by sweepstakes and what is going on. They post what they find. They post statements from the company, they post the laws the poker site claims to be following, and post what they company reps have posted in forums. They post about how the company breaks it's on ToS on multiple occasions and yet we are trolls and not to be trusted? I guess you are in the same camp where you finally won a little at "poker" and it would crush your ego that you just won a lottery.
GOLDNSQUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #183
GOLDNSQUID
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

If only poker stars had changed to poker stars sweepstakes they would of saved millions of dollars in legal fees and would of never left the US market LOL.
GOLDNSQUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #184
Rutledge Smitty
grinder
 
Rutledge Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: HU4rollz w high prop tax paying ppl
Posts: 632
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

There wasn't a flush draw in that hand. Explain how it is 50/50 please
Rutledge Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #185
GOLDNSQUID
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Post the hand
GOLDNSQUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:06 PM   #186
PTS1
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 118
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Please understand Global Poker is not claiming anywhere that they are offering real money poker. They do claim they offer play money poker, which they absolutely do. The play money poker (Gold Coins) on Global Poker is real poker.

The sweeps poker is a sweepstakes game designed to look like a real poker game, but it is only a very elaborate (and well done) sweepstakes game. This information is confirmed in all of their documentation, but it is well hidden to disguise what they are truly doing. What is not well hidden is the fact they have no information regarding rules and procedures of actual real money poker. Nowhere in their promotional material or on their website do the actual say the are offering real money poker. I have repeatedly asked for some one to find and share where they actual say this. Please find this and share to everyone.

Every other poker room promotes exactly what they do, but Global Poker is not promoting themselves as a poker room. They refer to this as social gaming, which is what they use in all of the company documents. A true real money poker room is not Social Gaming. Social Gaming is completely different than a traditional poker room.

Global poker is doing nothing illegal and they have developed a very fun and exciting way to play sweepstakes. Sweepstakes are completely legal to play, and can be fun and rewarding if you can win the contest, but understand you are playing a contest and not a poker game when you play sweeps poker. Because their game looks so much like real poker, I just want individuals to know the real game they are playing.
PTS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #187
Jay S
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Valuetown, population: me
Posts: 1,198
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

So glad I'm subscribed to this thread. I'm torn between this reaction:



and this one:

Jay S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #188
PTS1
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 118
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojgib View Post
The actual number of entrants was determined by the number of players dealt cards. This is no different than sitting in a casino and having the cards shuffled and dealt. As it has been stated before, the above two scenarios are the same since in both cases the winner is already predetermined - at random - when the cards get dealt. The absolute winning hand of this deal (or sweepstakes) will not change if all players do not fold. The only thing that will change the outcome and winning hand is players folding their cards. Sit with a deck of cards sometime and deal 9 players all face up, fold no hands and deal to the river. See how often all these "rigged" type of occurrences happen dealt from your hand.

Enough nonsense from you guys and give some facts. If your statements are true these facts should be easily attainable.
I am not quite sure what you are saying here, but in a true poker game where the cards are shuffled and random, the winner of the hand can change as the hand progresses through the streets. The likely winning hand will have a statistical percent advantage to winning the hand and will change as the hand progresses through the hand streets and the board dynamic changes, but the final outcome does not come until all cards are dealt. You can argue the player card sequence does not change given no participants leave the game, but this still does not qualify as a clear pre-determined winner.

The part that is lost here, is the fact the winner of the Global Poker sweepstakes contest is pre-determined and the card animation you see is actually just that - an programmed animation of a flop, turn, and river. It is not a random drawing of a poker hand. It can not be, because the winner has already been predetermined. The program has to show an animation to give the pre-determined winner the winning hand.

These sweepstakes programs are highly complex and quite frankly very well done. But that is exactly what this game is - a highly developed sweepstakes game meant to resemble actual poker.

Last edited by PTS1; 05-27-2017 at 01:08 PM.
PTS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #189
glutenfree
old hand
 
glutenfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Somewhere Out There
Posts: 1,269
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDNSQUID View Post
We don't know that there was not a flush draw
lol. The guy with 2 pair did not have a flush draw.
glutenfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #190
Bozo7
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 215
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTS1 View Post
I am not quite sure what you are saying here, but in a true poker game where the cards are shuffled and random, the winner of the hand can change as the hand progresses through the streets. The likely winning hand will have a statistical percent advantage to winning the hand and will change as the hand progresses through the hand streets and the board dynamic changes, but the final outcome does not come until all cards are dealt. You can argue the player card sequence does not change given no participants leave the game, but this still does not qualify as a clear pre-determined winner.

The part that is lost here, is the fact the winner of the Global Poker sweepstakes contest is pre-determined and the card animation you see is actually just that - an programmed animation of a flop, turn, and river. It is not a random drawing of a poker hand. It can not be, because the winner has already been predetermined. The program has to show an animation to give the pre-determined winner the winning hand.

These sweepstakes programs are highly complex and quite frankly very well done. But that is exactly what this game is - a highly developed sweepstakes game meant to resemble actual poker.

Again, if you know this to be the case, why aren't you using this knowledge to exploit and absolutely crush the games? You could be printing money instead of posting here.
Bozo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:17 PM   #191
PTS1
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 118
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo7 View Post
Again, if you know this to be the case, why aren't you using this knowledge to exploit and absolutely crush the games? You could be printing money instead of posting here.
The purpose of my post are to inform the poker community of the true nature of Global Poker. Like most of the individuals here in this forum, I am committed to the advancement and growth of real poker in the US. If Global Poker (sweepstakes poker) becomes hugely popular, then later becomes a scandal with the US government, we could see a huge set back in the eyes of the public to advance poker in the US.

Right now, the US poker community is still trying to overcome the events and nature of Black Friday. And what we do know now, is that there were many less than honest unregulated poker sites operating in the US, prior to Black Friday, committing fraud against US citizens for monetary gains. (Remember: We all trusted Full Tilt!) The US poker community does not need more 'black eyes' right now. We need real businesses advancing poker legally in the US. Global Poker is using poker to advance their 'Sweepstakes Business'. I have no issue with their business. The issue I have is they are promoting it and associating it will real poker, which could potentially be damaging the real poker in the US
PTS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #192
2blackaces81
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 75
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutenfree View Post
Okay. You min-raised with trash. The button 3B you with a decent hand for short handed play, and you called the 3B out of position on a half stack with trash. On the flop you check-jammed with no pair and a non-nut flush draw. The opponent then makes a bad call off of 70 to win a pot of 218 which he needs 32% equity to make... most of his range will have this easily but this particular hand missed so bad it only has 21%, he should have found a fold.

Perhaps you think his winning this hand represents some kind of rigging, but even with this big a miss he will still win the hand more than 1 time in 5 from the flop on.

Lots of questionable play in this hand, but most of it is from you imo.
Lmao well said

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
2blackaces81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #193
2blackaces81
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 75
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

The one thing about the predetermined winners(if that is true)is that it is still dependent on the said player still even having a live hand when it is concluded....what if the player who was supposed to win said hand folds?

Honestly maybe I'm naive but I truly think some of you are crazy. The whole sweepstakes model premise is them circumventing the uigea to allow people to play for real $ and be able to handle payouts via pay paypal. Why would the site give 2 fukkss about who wins(predetermined or not) as long as they're still able to make money raking pots?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 2blackaces81; 05-27-2017 at 08:51 PM.
2blackaces81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:24 PM   #194
GOLDNSQUID
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blackaces81 View Post

Honestly maybe I'm naive but I truly think some of you are crazy. The whole sweepstakes model premise is them circumventing the uigea to allow people to play for real $ and be able to handle payouts via pay paypal. Why would the site give 2 fukkss about who wins(predetermined or not) as long as they're still able to make money raking pots?



Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

This is the issue and we are not crazy. They market the site like you are saying but it's a lie. They are not just calling it a sweepstakes to get around UIGEA. That is what they want you to think but just calling it something else or saying your playing with dollar-roos instead of dollars isn't enough to get around the UIGEA. PayPal wouldn't allow that because they would be in violation and would be shut down. What this site is doing is running a sweepstakes with a poker theme. It is really well done like Class 2 slot machines are just electronic bingo games.warch this video

https://youtu.be/I55OZ9czsEY

You can see the bingo card which dictates what is on the screen. I know slots are random luck machines but there is a difference between a real slot and bingo. The other site run by VGW Holdings is Chumba Casino. This is how their games work. They are legal because they follow sweepstakes laws. Global poker is also a sweepstakes but it is advertised as poker. Going so far as to have a subform here at twoplustwo in an effort to decieve poker players into depositing and playing as if it was poker. If you will notice not a single rep has answered or tried to clarify things. If we were wrong would the site not make an effort to correct us from damaging the reputation of a brand new company?
GOLDNSQUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:54 PM   #195
PTS1
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 118
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blackaces81 View Post
. The whole sweepstakes model premise is them circumventing the uigea to allow people to play for real $ and be able to handle payouts via pay paypal. Why would the site give 2 fukkss about who wins(predetermined or not) as long as they're still able to make money raking pots?
This is a common assumption by many individuals, because this is the exact assumption Global Poker wants you to believe. However, as stated and established in previous post, virtual currency (sweeps cash) does not make poker (gambling) a sweepstakes game according to the US government. The game itself has to conform to the rules and guidelines set up for legal sweepstakes games in the US.

Global Poker is running a legal US sweepstakes game to conform to the laws in the US, but they are not making this completely clear to participants as they think they are playing an actual poker game. While this looks like a poker game, it is not, and we just want individuals to not be fooled by what they are seeing.
PTS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:58 PM   #196
2blackaces81
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 75
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDNSQUID View Post
This is the issue and we are not crazy. They market the site like you are saying but it's a lie. They are not just calling it a sweepstakes to get around UIGEA. That is what they want you to think but just calling it something else or saying your playing with dollar-roos instead of dollars isn't enough to get around the UIGEA. PayPal wouldn't allow that because they would be in violation and would be shut down. What this site is doing is running a sweepstakes with a poker theme. It is really well done like Class 2 slot machines are just electronic bingo games.warch this video

https://youtu.be/I55OZ9czsEY

You can see the bingo card which dictates what is on the screen. I know slots are random luck machines but there is a difference between a real slot and bingo. The other site run by VGW Holdings is Chumba Casino. This is how their games work. They are legal because they follow sweepstakes laws. Global poker is also a sweepstakes but it is advertised as poker. Going so far as to have a subform here at twoplustwo in an effort to decieve poker players into depositing and playing as if it was poker. If you will notice not a single rep has answered or tried to clarify things. If we were wrong would the site not make an effort to correct us from damaging the reputation of a brand new company?
Then what id like to see as definite proof is specific sweepstakes laws that implicitly state or provide more validation to your comments.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
2blackaces81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:16 PM   #197
PTS1
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 118
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blackaces81 View Post
Then what id like to see as definite proof is specific sweepstakes laws that implicitly state or provide more validation to your comments.
Sweepstakes laws are complex and complicated because there are many variants to legal sweepstakes in the US. It would take a great deal of effort and space to post those laws in this forum; however, if you read through the previous post you can find where we site from Global Poker's own documentation of how they are running a sweepstakes and not a real money poker room. All of their legal documentation refers to Sweepstakes Contest as there is no reference to real money poker games.

What everyone in the poker community knows is that it is against the law for banks and institutions to process payments for gambling or poker. Paypal would never entered into an agreement to process payments for a gambling website in the US; they would however, and do, process payments for legal US sweepstakes contest.

You can choose not to believe the information here, but we put this information here so individuals can research themselves and make informed decisions about the activity they are engaging in with Global Poker. Start at post 121 in this thread for more information.

Last edited by PTS1; 05-27-2017 at 11:22 PM.
PTS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:05 AM   #198
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 45,490
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTS1 View Post
Sweepstakes laws are complex and complicated because there are many variants to legal sweepstakes in the US.
Yes, they are, but that isn't stopping people from making very sweeping and declarative statements that they likely aren't qualified to make. A lot of opinion stated as fact ITT.

Also, OP really isn't helping when he keeps stating things about laws "we have posted" when I asked him multiple times to do so and he couldn't (you're the only one that's made a good attempt at it IIRC), and that reps haven't responded (I get that their responses haven't satisfied concerns, but that's very different than not responding at all).
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:12 AM   #199
GOLDNSQUID
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Yes, they are, but that isn't stopping people from making very sweeping and declarative statements that they likely aren't qualified to make. A lot of opinion stated as fact ITT.

Also, OP really isn't helping when he keeps stating things about laws "we have posted" when I asked him multiple times to do so and he couldn't (you're the only one that's made a good attempt at it IIRC), and that reps haven't responded (I get that their responses haven't satisfied concerns, but that's very different than not responding at all).
The reps did not respond after I asked them directly. Their response before that was to post saying we were trolls while at the same time posting that RNG gif. When you say I have not posted a response to the law question, what is it you are looking for specifically and I will dig it up for you
GOLDNSQUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:14 AM   #200
Rutledge Smitty
grinder
 
Rutledge Smitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: HU4rollz w high prop tax paying ppl
Posts: 632
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutenfree View Post
lol. The guy with 2 pair did not have a flush draw.
End thread.
Rutledge Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online