Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally cash out your wins anytime with PayPal!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #1551
matt hirschhorn
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 43
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

I was playing cash at my cardroom and a few guys talked me into it saying it was probably just variance, im going to go ahead and give the site another shot, their is too much money on this site to not give it another chance, if I am wrong i will post back and admit i was wrong about there RNG.
matt hirschhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:04 PM   #1552
DaddyDuck
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 90
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt hirschhorn View Post
I was playing cash at my cardroom and a few guys talked me into it saying it was probably just variance, im going to go ahead and give the site another shot, their is too much money on this site to not give it another chance, if I am wrong i will post back and admit i was wrong about there RNG.
Well, I hope for your sake this works out. Just don't let ego get in the way of you being profitable.

We obviously dont know your whole story, but the reason most of us play online is because we dont have other options. Goodluck

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
DaddyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:21 PM   #1553
wolfdogpoker
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 32
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

This thread gives me a headache lol.

If everyone here was a winning player and played with some semblance of bankroll management, this thread would die.

These games are high variance. Lots of players calling with air and 3rd pair. More suck outs possible. Make sure you have the bank roll to support it.


For those of us with the ability to handle a little more variance then the ultra nits on acr etc, this site is a gold mine.
wolfdogpoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #1554
matt hirschhorn
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 43
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdogpoker View Post
This thread gives me a headache lol.

If everyone here was a winning player and played with some semblance of bankroll management, this thread would die.

These games are high variance. Lots of players calling with air and 3rd pair. More suck outs possible. Make sure you have the bank roll to support it.


For those of us with the ability to handle a little more variance then the ultra nits on acr etc, this site is a gold mine.
Damn right it is
matt hirschhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:01 PM   #1555
matt hirschhorn
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 43
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Just got 1st in a 160 man tourney, I think I just experienced an extreme run of bad luck the first week on here.
matt hirschhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:31 PM   #1556
Monteroy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,211
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Using critical thinking, that you championed many times, how would you now honestly assess your first appearance in the thread in terms of how you presented yourself.
Monteroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:58 AM   #1557
lagtight
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 555
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt hirschhorn View Post
Just got 1st in a 160 man tourney, I think I just experienced an extreme run of bad luck the first week on here.
Good job, Matt!
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM   #1558
dmcviquinini
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdogpoker View Post
This thread gives me a headache lol.

If everyone here was a winning player and played with some semblance of bankroll management, this thread would die.

These games are high variance. Lots of players calling with air and 3rd pair. More suck outs possible. Make sure you have the bank roll to support it.


For those of us with the ability to handle a little more variance then the ultra nits on acr etc, this site is a gold mine.


I think the part you mention "Bank roll to support it" is the overwhelming #1 correct thing on here. I'm a reg at .5 / 1 at GP and most would look at me as a nit in the sense that if I can't withstand a 10 BI downswing, I need to move down. I'd also argue if you don't have at least 40 BI's at your stakes (and that may be low), it's going to be very difficult to grind and be successful and the bad beats sting a lot more. A $200 bad beat when your roll is say $3,500, doesn't hurt too much.
dmcviquinini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:27 PM   #1559
lagtight
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 555
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcviquinini View Post
I'd also argue if you don't have at least 40 BI's at your stakes (and that may be low), it's going to be very difficult to grind and be successful and the bad beats sting a lot more.
Quote:
A $200 bad beat when your roll is say $3,500, doesn't hurt too much.
It seems to me that these two quotes contradict each other. A $200 bad beat with a bankroll of $3,500 would be a loss of almost 6% of your bankroll.

If you have 40 buy-ins, then if you get stacked you lose only 2.5% of your roll.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:00 PM   #1560
Jay S
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Valuetown, population: me
Posts: 1,236
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Guessing he means for a $200 pot, not a $200 stack. Which is still not quite down to 2.5% if it's heads-up, but almost there.

Chris Ferguson's rule of thumb when building a bankroll, iirc, was to never sit with more than 5% of your BR initially, and to leave if you ever have more than 10% of your BR on the table. Not that that's gospel or anything (despite coming from Jesus!), but newer players often move up in stakes way too aggressively, not realizing how large the swings can be.
Jay S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:53 PM   #1561
DaddyDuck
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 90
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay S View Post
Guessing he means for a $200 pot, not a $200 stack. Which is still not quite down to 2.5% if it's heads-up, but almost there.

Chris Ferguson's rule of thumb when building a bankroll, iirc, was to never sit with more than 5% of your BR initially, and to leave if you ever have more than 10% of your BR on the table. Not that that's gospel or anything (despite coming from Jesus!), but newer players often move up in stakes way too aggressively, not realizing how large the swings can be.
Sad reality is if you have enough money for proper bankroll to play at the stakes where you can make a decent living, you probably could make more money doing something else with a whole lot less stress and life fulfillment...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
DaddyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:51 PM   #1562
lagtight
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 555
Re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay S View Post
Guessing he means for a $200 pot, not a $200 stack. Which is still not quite down to 2.5% if it's heads-up, but almost there.

Chris Ferguson's rule of thumb when building a bankroll, iirc, was to never sit with more than 5% of your BR initially, and to leave if you ever have more than 10% of your BR on the table. Not that that's gospel or anything (despite coming from Jesus!), but newer players often move up in stakes way too aggressively, not realizing how large the swings can be.
Well said.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online