Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally cash out your wins anytime with PayPal!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 09:54 PM   #26
GOLDNSQUID
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Most people are not familiar with class 2 slot machines and video poker machines. Read up and watch a YouTube video and you will see more what I am talking about.
https://www.realmoneyaction.com/slot...nes-explained/
GOLDNSQUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:58 PM   #27
IWishIWas
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 483
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDNSQUID View Post
Most people are not familiar with class 2 slot machines and video poker machines. Read up and watch a YouTube video and you will see more what I am talking about.
https://www.realmoneyaction.com/slot...nes-explained/
"The Class II games have become more sophisticated as the technological tools that drive them have improved. They’ve reached the point that most ‘casual gamblers’ won’t be able to tell the difference between a Class II and Class III slot machine. There are significant differences in terms of strategy and tactics (particularly with Class II video poker machines) but for the ‘recreational player’ these are of little relevance."

Global Poker basically giving the illusion that you are playing poker. That describes this whole site perfectly.
IWishIWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:46 AM   #28
dwatts1350
journeyman
 
dwatts1350's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Steaming...
Posts: 325
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDNSQUID View Post
Care to post your hand histories? You can't and what your posting doesn't say anything either way. How many of your 30k hands was the max rake taken out?
Do you have any hand histories to back up what you're crying about? The biggest pots I see daily are generally people overplaying hands. EVERYONE floats just about every flop, at least at 1/2, and pots get bloated. Your gripe is the same one I heard about all the way back to 2003.

I can go back to April 23rd and review all my cash hands. I don't understand what exactly is the issue with that.
dwatts1350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:50 AM   #29
dwatts1350
journeyman
 
dwatts1350's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Steaming...
Posts: 325
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWishIWas View Post
"The Class II games have become more sophisticated as the technological tools that drive them have improved. They’ve reached the point that most ‘casual gamblers’ won’t be able to tell the difference between a Class II and Class III slot machine. There are significant differences in terms of strategy and tactics (particularly with Class II video poker machines) but for the ‘recreational player’ these are of little relevance."

Global Poker basically giving the illusion that you are playing poker. That describes this whole site perfectly.
Is that your opinion of Stars or FTP or party?
dwatts1350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:01 AM   #30
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 45,490
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDNSQUID View Post
This site isn't poker and shouldn't even be here at twoplustwo
You keep asserting this as fact, but you have yet to answer this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
Do you have a link to this law?
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:56 AM   #31
RU18LOL
fade city
 
RU18LOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,519
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

why doesn't pokerstars just use this method?
RU18LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:28 AM   #32
Bobo Fett
2+2 Ad Man
 
Bobo Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada, eh!
Posts: 45,490
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

I assume because they're happy with the money they're making, and don't have an interest in complete upheaval of their entire business model in order to bring in some more Americans.
Bobo Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:53 AM   #33
a dewd
adept
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 825
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDNSQUID View Post
If they didn't market it as poker then I wouldn't have an issue.
But that is kind of the point, truth in advertising. He would be committing an act of fraud if they sell it as poker while knowing full well it is not. that would/should send him off to prison.

I usually try to look at the mgmt and public record when things are in doubt. If they have a long track record of honest and clean business, then it belies logic to think they would suddenly reverse that line of thought. Its possible, just not likely. I think the argument of the crazy action can also be explained with the high percentage of non poker players on the table. I flop broadway the other day and first to act, I checked. The BB shoved and then the button came over the top to shove, too. I figured I was splitting the pot and praying the board did not pay. Nope. In 10/20 cent game I won a $63 pot with flopping the nuts.

Its not impossible what you are saying. It just doesn't add up if you take the downside into account for a long time successful businessman. I was an investment banker for a long time. There is zero chance I would risk everything I worked for legitimately for a decent quick score. Taking down a million dollar payday on a deal you put together is not a big deal. VGW just reported they had about 5MM in the bank at the end of the year. What is their need to play a charade if they are solvent? If VGW blows up, Bythe-Tinker can get a new position tomorrow. If it is a sham, he is done for good and likely trading in his very sweet lifestyle for prison greens.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:22 AM   #34
GOLDNSQUID
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatts1350 View Post
Do you have any hand histories to back up what you're crying about? The biggest pots I see daily are generally people overplaying hands. EVERYONE floats just about every flop, at least at 1/2, and pots get bloated. Your gripe is the same one I heard about all the way back to 2003.

I can go back to April 23rd and review all my cash hands. I don't understand what exactly is the issue with that.
Post all your hand histories let's get them analysised!
GOLDNSQUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:26 AM   #35
GOLDNSQUID
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU18LOL View Post
why doesn't pokerstars just use this method?

Why don't all sites just charge for play chips and give you the real money chips for free? Seems like this is a magic work around. I bet it would work in real life as well. Open a restaurant​ and charge 200 for a hamburger then give them chips they can use in the restaurant casino that they could cash out for real money.
GOLDNSQUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:34 AM   #36
GOLDNSQUID
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dewd View Post
But that is kind of the point, truth in advertising. He would be committing an act of fraud if they sell it as poker while knowing full well it is not. that would/should send him off to prison.

I usually try to look at the mgmt and public record when things are in doubt. If they have a long track record of honest and clean business, then it belies logic to think they would suddenly reverse that line of thought. Its possible, just not likely. I think the argument of the crazy action can also be explained with the high percentage of non poker players on the table. I flop broadway the other day and first to act, I checked. The BB shoved and then the button came over the top to shove, too. I figured I was splitting the pot and praying the board did not pay. Nope. In 10/20 cent game I won a $63 pot with flopping the nuts.

Its not impossible what you are saying. It just doesn't add up if you take the downside into account for a long time successful businessman. I was an investment banker for a long time. There is zero chance I would risk everything I worked for legitimately for a decent quick score. Taking down a million dollar payday on a deal you put together is not a big deal. VGW just reported they had about 5MM in the bank at the end of the year. What is their need to play a charade if they are solvent? If VGW blows up, Bythe-Tinker can get a new position tomorrow. If it is a sham, he is done for good and likely trading in his very sweet lifestyle for prison greens.

They have been running chumba casino for a while using the same model and have had success so why not poker. They could comment here and clear it up but have not. Look at all the people stepping up to defend global poker even though what I have said is logical and makes sense. They have found a way to print money for a long time as long as they keep vague about everything. It's a well calculated risk on their part.

Out of curiosity can you post your Broadway hand? What did the other players have?
GOLDNSQUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:59 AM   #37
luckyrobbie7
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 27
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

I have nothing but good things to say about global poker. They revived my poker career by having a place to play and cash out quickly.

I lost my first like 10-20 deposits before I started winning big. There was so much action and I kept getting bad beat i was skeptical. Things started going my way and I have been winning and more importantly they paid me within 27 hours after verification.
luckyrobbie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:14 AM   #38
GOLDNSQUID
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett View Post
You keep asserting this as fact, but you have yet to answer this:
sweepstake
Promotional scheme in which prizes are given to winners selected only by chance (at random) from the entries received. Sweepstakes do not require a purchase (consideration) otherwise they would become a lottery (which requires a license to operate). See also contest.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/de...weepstake.html
https://definitions.uslegal.com/s/sweepstakes/
GOLDNSQUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:27 AM   #39
a dewd
adept
 
a dewd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: west of the easternmost pt up north
Posts: 825
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDNSQUID View Post
They have been running chumba casino for a while using the same model and have had success so why not poker. They could comment here and clear it up but have not. Look at all the people stepping up to defend global poker even though what I have said is logical and makes sense. They have found a way to print money for a long time as long as they keep vague about everything. It's a well calculated risk on their part.

Out of curiosity can you post your Broadway hand? What did the other players have?
No, It was a week ago I think, one had 8/9 on a 10/j/q flop and I had A/K.

Kim did address the RNG issue cpl months back saying it was under certification, or something.

There is logic to your conclusion. I just know if it was me, there is zero chance of pulling a fast one when I am having to undergo 3rd party audits regularly. They catch it and I go to prison, not really on my bucket list. Their chairman has been around a long time and would have to think he enjoys his cushy lifestyle. They are spending shareholders money and he is getting a large block of stock. He does the right thing and it is a success...he just added more millions to the bank account. Do the wrong thing and he is going to commissary every two weeks with a $50 buy. I just cannot imagine him taking that risk. If it was an offshore entity and did not report financials/audit, more likely. The Board members sign off that all the data they provide is truthful under penalty of law. That is a serious risk to undertake. Prison is a lock when they are caught. By the way, all executives and B of D members are liable even if they do not know it is occurring. If they even sniff something wrong, they are covering their own asses, unless it is just one big conspiracy that all are involved.

I think the 'sweepstakes' aspect of the poker is a go around on the gambling issue. You play for sweepstakes money. I thought WPT did a similar model.
a dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:18 AM   #40
IWishIWas
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 483
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatts1350 View Post
Is that your opinion of Stars or FTP or party?
There is 40 posts in this thread. It shouldn't be hard for you to look back at what I said so far.

I've played on every site USA players could possibly play on.
Planet Poker, Party/Empire, Paradise, Pokerstars, Bodog, True Poker before WPN, Full Tilt, Pacific, Doyle's Room, Titan Poker, JetSet Poker, Absolute, Ultimate Bet,Bovada, Ignition, WPN(ACR,BCP,True) BetOnline, First Fidelity, 5Dimes, Merge. I'm probably even forgetting a whole bunch. None were set up like Global Poker is. I'm not claiming it's rigged against me. The software is not providing a version of poker like any of those other sites did. This is different because it's sweepstakes. Not Poker!

Global is NOT real poker. It's exactly as Goldnsquid stated. Each hand is a new sweepstakes. "Next generation poker".
IWishIWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #41
Deal!
journeyman
 
Deal!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 267
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWishIWas View Post
Each hand is a new sweepstakes. "Next generation poker".
Please explain how this is a different kind of poker? I don't get your point.

At my local casino the dealer shuffles then cuts the cards. The deck is now set. The winner of the hand is predetermined. The only thing that will change who wins is someone folding. A player gets someone to fold (or not) by betting. It seems the same way on global.

Hey, I'm loving global. There are tons of new players or crappy old players who overbet preflop and chase losing draws post flop. Sure, there are more suckouts because more people are playing with crap hands all the way to the river. I like that fact.

I'm making tons of money and my cashouts are quick so even if you are completely correct with your deductions I'm ok with it. I just don't understand your logic.
Deal! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:43 AM   #42
IWishIWas
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 483
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal! View Post
Please explain how this is a different kind of poker? I don't get your point.

At my local casino the dealer shuffles then cuts the cards. The deck is now set. The winner of the hand is predetermined. The only thing that will change who wins is someone folding. A player gets someone to fold (or not) by betting. It seems the same way on global.

Hey, I'm loving global. There are tons of new players or crappy old players who overbet preflop and chase losing draws post flop. Sure, there are more suckouts because more people are playing with crap hands all the way to the river. I like that fact.

I'm making tons of money and my cashouts are quick so even if you are completely correct with your deductions I'm ok with it. I just don't understand your logic.
Their RNG works in a way that a sweepstakes works. If everyone is given the same amount of entries into a sweepstakes then everyone has the same chance to be the winner at the end of the drawing.

Lets say you are at a 6 handed table. It folds to you on the button with AdKd. You 3x it, SB folds and BB calls with 5s4s. Preflop on a POKER site you are 60/40 roughly to win the hand based off percentages preflop. Betting actions, board texture etc are going to change the end result obviously. For the sake of my example lets say over 1000 hands of running that same example on Global Poker you both check it down the whole way. Your AK suited is 50% to win going against 54 suited because that is how the RNG works on this site.

The games are obviously ridiculously easy. I guess I don't blame you guys for not caring and being ignorant because you are making money. They are paying out too! Great stuff. But to not understand how their RNG works is a totally different story. The flop, turn and river are not random. They are dealt in a manner to continue giving players equal chances to win. As far as I'm concerned if they were offering a real version of poker it would not be legal in the USA.

If you check your billing statement it even shows up as video game arcades/establishment.

Last edited by IWishIWas; 05-24-2017 at 10:51 AM.
IWishIWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:50 AM   #43
IWishIWas
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 483
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

There is a reason you don't see Kim or whoever else is on this board addressing this. Wake up guys. Bobo Fett. This site you guys are allowing to have a sub forum and advertise with you is not being honest about their offering. I'm fine with them having this game but it's a game it's not poker. It's different. It should be called Global Poker Sweepstakes or something that at least makes it known that the game you are playing is not real poker.
IWishIWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #44
IWishIWas
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 483
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWishIWas View Post
"The Class II games have become more sophisticated as the technological tools that drive them have improved. They’ve reached the point that most ‘casual gamblers’ won’t be able to tell the difference between a Class II and Class III slot machine. There are significant differences in terms of strategy and tactics (particularly with Class II video poker machines) but for the ‘recreational player’ these are of little relevance."

Global Poker basically giving the illusion that you are playing poker. That describes this whole site perfectly.
The reason I quoted this part from the article that Goldnsquid shared is because it's an illusion. It looks, acts and feels almost as if it's real poker. Cards preflop, action. Cards on the flop, action. Turn, action. River, action. Showdown. All the components of a normal poker hand.
IWishIWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:07 AM   #45
dwatts1350
journeyman
 
dwatts1350's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Steaming...
Posts: 325
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWishIWas View Post
Their RNG works in a way that a sweepstakes works. If everyone is given the same amount of entries into a sweepstakes then everyone has the same chance to be the winner at the end of the drawing.

Lets say you are at a 6 handed table. It folds to you on the button with AdKd. You 3x it, SB folds and BB calls with 5s4s. Preflop on a POKER site you are 60/40 roughly to win the hand based off percentages preflop. Betting actions, board texture etc are going to change the end result obviously. For the sake of my example lets say over 1000 hands of running that same example on Global Poker you both check it down the whole way. Your AK suited is 50% to win going against 54 suited because that is how the RNG works on this site.

The games are obviously ridiculously easy. I guess I don't blame you guys for not caring and being ignorant because you are making money. They are paying out too! Great stuff. But to not understand how their RNG works is a totally different story. The flop, turn and river are not random. They are dealt in a manner to continue giving players equal chances to win. As far as I'm concerned if they were offering a real version of poker it would not be legal in the USA.

If you check your billing statement it even shows up as video game arcades/establishment.
You obviously have proof of this right? Other than the fact you lost some hands you felt you should have won.
dwatts1350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #46
IWishIWas
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 483
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatts1350 View Post
You obviously have proof of this right? Other than the fact you lost some hands you felt you should have won.
Do you read anything I write? You act like I'm trying to say it's rigged against me. I've stated three times in this very thread that's not the case. I've stated the RNG is set up in the way that I've described.

Lost some hands I felt like I should have won? Get real. Bad beats aren't going to phase me one bit. Happens to everyone. I don't care one bit about bad beats. That's not the reasoning for my posts.
IWishIWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:13 AM   #47
IWishIWas
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 483
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatts1350 View Post
You obviously have proof of this right? Other than the fact you lost some hands you felt you should have won.
What proof is there exactly other than noticing the patterns by playing. Global won't deny what I'm saying either. Have you seen them chime in on the matter? No.
IWishIWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:29 AM   #48
Deal!
journeyman
 
Deal!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 267
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWishIWas View Post
What proof is there exactly other than noticing the patterns by playing. Global won't deny what I'm saying either. Have you seen them chime in on the matter? No.
Wouldn't your theory hold up if each player has an equal chance to win predeal? I.e. 9 players are at the table and each has a 11.1% chance to win by the river, if they don't fold?
Deal! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:31 AM   #49
IWishIWas
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 483
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal! View Post
Wouldn't your theory hold up if each player has an equal chance to win predeal? I.e. 9 players are at the table and each has a 11.1% chance to win by the river, if they don't fold?
Yes. Folding is simply giving up your chance to win the "hand" (sweepstakes).
IWishIWas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:40 AM   #50
Jay S
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Valuetown, population: me
Posts: 1,198
re: Global Poker - RNG Discussion

Quote:
Their RNG works in a way that a sweepstakes works. If everyone is given the same amount of entries into a sweepstakes then everyone has the same chance to be the winner at the end of the drawing.

Lets say you are at a 6 handed table. It folds to you on the button with AdKd. You 3x it, SB folds and BB calls with 5s4s. Preflop on a POKER site you are 60/40 roughly to win the hand based off percentages preflop. Betting actions, board texture etc are going to change the end result obviously. For the sake of my example lets say over 1000 hands of running that same example on Global Poker you both check it down the whole way. Your AK suited is 50% to win going against 54 suited because that is how the RNG works on this site.

The games are obviously ridiculously easy. I guess I don't blame you guys for not caring and being ignorant because you are making money. They are paying out too! Great stuff. But to not understand how their RNG works is a totally different story. The flop, turn and river are not random. They are dealt in a manner to continue giving players equal chances to win
This seems like a very easy experiment to set up and run. For example, you could open shove every time it's folded to you & you have a weak hand, and keep track of the results the times you get exactly 1 caller. You'll get called by a much stronger range that should beat you >50% of the time. Do this a few hundred times, and see if you're winning 50% of them.

If your hypothesis is true, open shoving a lot should be insanely profitable. You win blinds every time you get folds, and have the same equity in the pot as any callers you get, regardless of the hands. Even with rake, you'd be printing money.
Jay S is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online