Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally cash out quickly and securely

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2019, 11:21 AM   #1476
El bastardo
newbie
 
El bastardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 45
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

I would *really* appreciate a button to turn chat off. I know there are a few cute solutions to this including permanently disabling. I'm amazed that a game of information will display something as unwanted and alarming as a red circle that grows numerically -- every online game offers a chat button.

Sorry for demanding excellence from an employer. It's caused me trouble in the past but I'm not willing to back down.
El bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:55 PM   #1477
shawnb4595
journeyman
 
shawnb4595's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bluffalo NY
Posts: 317
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djz View Post

How is sponsoring a NASCAR a big advertisement?
The last race drew a 2.85 rating and 4.7 million viewers. The Global sponsored race had a 3.5 rating and 5.9 million viewers. Global sponsored a car, which was plastered with advertising, the team members (20 to 21) all wore Global patches and banners were placed all around the venue.

NH, GG, GL
shawnb4595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:20 AM   #1478
djz
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: doesnt matter, have position
Posts: 1,898
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnb4595 View Post

NH, GG, GL
Can't wait until the millionaires who watch NASCAR deposit onto Global
djz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:57 AM   #1479
BWillie
veteran
 
BWillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seaworld
Posts: 2,635
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djz View Post
Can't wait until the millionaires who watch NASCAR deposit onto Global
???

Meet mufflerman

Already seen a few of these guys on. They are a joy to behold.
BWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:03 AM   #1480
tgiggity
veteran
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Rosarito
Posts: 2,776
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

haven't played on global in about a year. checked the cash game lobby and I've never seen anything so sad used to be 10+ 1/2 tables, 6+ tables of 2/4, at least 3-4 tables of 5/10, obviously 10/20 was a thing...

now it's like 4 tables of 1/2 and a couple tables of 2/4-5/10. losing paypal destroyed this place huh
tgiggity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM   #1481
djz
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: doesnt matter, have position
Posts: 1,898
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

I mean, even a few months ago the traffic was fine. Don't worry we got NASCAR traffic now xd.

Maybe I'm just a coastal elite but I'm a pretty big sports fan and I've never in my life met someone who follows NASCAR. Site really should just do stuff for the players instead of trying more advertising. Even on the rigged PPP apps I get 25-40% rb.
djz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #1482
Ready4aBattle
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 32
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

There are millions of rednecks out there who love watching cars drive around in a big circle for hour after hour. They also skew stupid relative to the population at large, and probably skew poor, although not as much as one might think. Global should get some pro wrassler next.

I'm glad Global had some ads at MLB games (even though I find baseball to be excruciatingly boring).

Still plenty of fish at the reasonably high stakes I play.
Ready4aBattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM   #1483
shawnb4595
journeyman
 
shawnb4595's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bluffalo NY
Posts: 317
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djz View Post
Can't wait until the millionaires who watch NASCAR deposit onto Global
That wasn't my point. I get that not all people who watch NASCAR have $1100 total in their bank account like you.( Be proud, that's almost a good amount of money for a pizza delivery guy) My point was thousands were exposed to Global who weren't before. But you knew my point and just wanted to troll. Well it didn't work.

NH, GG, GL
shawnb4595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:32 AM   #1484
randollar
enthusiast
 
randollar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deep South/The Redneck Womb
Posts: 56
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnb4595 View Post
That wasn't my point. I get that not all people who watch NASCAR have $1100 total in their bank account like you.( Be proud, that's almost a good amount of money for a pizza delivery guy) My point was thousands were exposed to Global who weren't before. But you knew my point and just wanted to troll. Well it didn't work.

NH, GG, GL
I think exposure is the key word here. They targeted a specific sports market to see if it would generate some traffic. For a 2-day race, you are looking at a 4-5 days of festivities around that particular track. So, maybe they were hoping that a certain percentage of people, that made contact with the car, would google Global Poker to check it out. All pro sporting events are made up of a diversified background of economics, but to catch the person with disposable income, willing to deposit and play recreationally is the point. After all, GP, states in it's TOS that playing professionally is a no-no, and that is what keeps this rec friendly. As far as giving back to players...there are three MTTs everynight with a overlay that cost the player $.11, $1 and $5 to participate. They have a $5000 guarantee on Sunday, with entry fee of $.11. Adding rakeback incentives would cater to the pros, which GP is not about, most rec players don't even know what the rake is must less rakeback.
randollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:39 PM   #1485
tgiggity
veteran
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Rosarito
Posts: 2,776
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by randollar View Post
I think exposure is the key word here. They targeted a specific sports market to see if it would generate some traffic. For a 2-day race, you are looking at a 4-5 days of festivities around that particular track. So, maybe they were hoping that a certain percentage of people, that made contact with the car, would google Global Poker to check it out. All pro sporting events are made up of a diversified background of economics, but to catch the person with disposable income, willing to deposit and play recreationally is the point. After all, GP, states in it's TOS that playing professionally is a no-no, and that is what keeps this rec friendly. As far as giving back to players...there are three MTTs everynight with a overlay that cost the player $.11, $1 and $5 to participate. They have a $5000 guarantee on Sunday, with entry fee of $.11. Adding rakeback incentives would cater to the pros, which GP is not about, most rec players don't even know what the rake is must less rakeback.
Global could've taken half their Nascar ad budget, placed it directly into the accounts of net depositors, and they would've actually had a noticeable traffic increase. Easier to keep the fish in your net than it is to dunk the net back in to find new fish
tgiggity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:42 PM   #1486
djz
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: doesnt matter, have position
Posts: 1,898
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgiggity View Post
Global could've taken half their Nascar ad budget, placed it directly into the accounts of net depositors, and they would've actually had a noticeable traffic increase. Easier to keep the fish in your net than it is to dunk the net back in to find new fish
Yeah this is what I meant and the type of idea I like a lot. I hope GP reads your post and implements it. I'm totally fine with sites offering no "traditional" RB...I love the RIO splash the pot model.

I don't think buying MLB/NBA ads is a good way to get players either. Also <$6 mtts with overlay like wtf how does that help the ecology at MS and HS cash (or even nl50-100). That is seriously nothing. I don't expect RB or even think it would be good for games...I would be OK with any possible RB I got going into the accounts of net depositors.

While those MTTs you describe sound nice, how about $100++ buyin MTTs with decent gurantees but almost no chance of overlay? It would at least get money onto the site. Right now I don't think players have any reason to deposit on global when WPN has sportsbook/casino/large mtts and Ignition/Bovada has the same+fast fold games.

this is actually #SAD and I'm in PPP clubs with more nl200+400 games running.

I understand it's against GP ToS to play professionally on the site but that doesn't mean they should let traffic die at reasonable stakes.
djz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:03 PM   #1487
hodler
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 113
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by randollar View Post
After all, GP, states in it's TOS that playing professionally is a no-no, and that is what keeps this rec friendly.
I have no idea why people always bring this up as if it's unique to Global's TOS. The fact that term exists isn't what keeps the site rec friendly; it's an industry standard condition.

Look at the terms of Global compared to the most reg friendly site out there:

WPN:
Quote:
Commercial use of the Software or any professional use as part of a business of betting or wagering is strictly forbidden. You are only allowed to play for Your personal entertainment and recreational play.
Global:
Quote:
(c)you participate in the Games strictly in your personal capacity for recreational and entertainment purposes only;
If pros stayed away from sites because of terms like that, there wouldn't be a single site for them to play on.
hodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:01 PM   #1488
djz
old hand
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: doesnt matter, have position
Posts: 1,898
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodler View Post
If pros stayed away from sites because of terms like that, there wouldn't be a single site for them to play on.
Or fish cause there would be no tables running..

About 40minutes after I made my last post there were 8 tables of NL200 running just completely out of the blue. I think a lot of those players are bots...though with no data it's impossible to confirm or deny...I guess I don't even mind it that much because it means there's traffic and I'm winning against them.

Last edited by djz; Today at 04:15 PM.
djz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online