Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Global Poker The next generation poker site where you can legally cash out your wins anytime with PayPal!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 05:46 PM   #826
WizOfAz
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Glendale, Az
Posts: 52
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Satellites are here! just check tonight's tournament schedule and about two hours prior to the grizzly #2 high event there will be a satellite to win an entry into the event. The buy-in is $3.30 and if you win a ticket it is worth $22. So far there are about 20 players and a few tickets up for grabs. I'm not sure if this is the best way to increase the player size having the satellite 2 hours prior for a specific event but I will try to take advantage of it and get my initial buy-in for $3.30. Seems to me that satellites sit and goes into any $22 event would be more appropriate but maybe later.
WizOfAz
WizOfAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:32 PM   #827
splayaa
adept
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 926
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizOfAz View Post
Satellites are here! just check tonight's tournament schedule and about two hours prior to the grizzly #2 high event there will be a satellite to win an entry into the event. The buy-in is $3.30 and if you win a ticket it is worth $22. So far there are about 20 players and a few tickets up for grabs. I'm not sure if this is the best way to increase the player size having the satellite 2 hours prior for a specific event but I will try to take advantage of it and get my initial buy-in for $3.30. Seems to me that satellites sit and goes into any $22 event would be more appropriate but maybe later.
WizOfAz
I like how they did it as well where you are just entered to the Tournament you won the ticket for. Thus there won't be any 3rd currency confusion. I can just see the questions now... "What are Gold Coins, $weeps Cash, and Tourney Dollars? How are they different? Aren't they the same?"

I can appreciate there could be a more flexible solution, but with that flexibility comes complexity, so thank you to Global for setting it up like this instead.
splayaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #828
shawnb4595
centurion
 
shawnb4595's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bluffalo NY
Posts: 108
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Me waking up at 3:50AM est. for work really crushes my hope of playing most of the trnys on weekdays.
shawnb4595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:05 PM   #829
Fisherprice1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Anyone understand how Jump Judy 2 is still playing everyday and not banned yet?
Fisherprice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:17 AM   #830
splayaa
adept
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 926
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnb4595 View Post
Me waking up at 3:50AM est. for work really crushes my hope of playing most of the trnys on weekdays.
Yeah same here, down in VA and getting up for work at 5AM, I can't be playing until 1AM and function the next day. But still, overall I am very happy to see the series running, even if I very likely won't be lifting any of the trophies.
splayaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #831
shawnb4595
centurion
 
shawnb4595's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bluffalo NY
Posts: 108
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by splayaa View Post
Yeah same here, down in VA and getting up for work at 5AM, I can't be playing until 1AM and function the next day. But still, overall I am very happy to see the series running, even if I very likely won't be lifting any of the trophies.
This weekend I am going to try like hell to win a trophy. Would be so cool. You try too during the series when ya get a chance, Ya never know!
shawnb4595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #832
GlobalPoker_Joey
Global Poker Rep
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 120
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

It only takes one tournament to life a trophy!

The Eagle Cup Champion actually missed a lot of the first half of the schedule due to work commitments!
GlobalPoker_Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #833
crescentcityking
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 82
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Do something about the collusion/multi-accounting in the lower buyin in Sit & Gos...
crescentcityking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:26 PM   #834
teach2121
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 549
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentcityking View Post
Do something about the collusion/multi-accounting in the lower buyin in Sit & Gos...
and the absolute vomit blind structure in the higher ones
teach2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:30 PM   #835
big bwalz
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 619
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach2121 View Post
and the absolute vomit blind structure in the higher ones
blind structures are the same regardless of bi level. I posted a breakdown of them relative to wpn and bovada in the "rake thread closed" thread further down in this subforum but ya I agree and haven't played one in over a month.
big bwalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM   #836
crescentcityking
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 82
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Very first ****ing hand of a 55 cent turbo that I played in. All of these clowns joined the table at the same time. Also everyone except me (crescentcityking) ended up going all in with any two at the same time afterwards. If you guys don't see what's wrong in this picture, then I give up with your website and I want my deposit back:

crescentcityking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #837
big bwalz
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 619
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

copy pasted from my post in the "gusthot1069?" thread at the suggestion of the OP there.

"an idea I just had - how about gp making these new accounts link a paypal account before the free 2$? Not full verification of DL and proof of addy cuz that'd be a deterrent to many. Maybe something like "link your paypal account so we can send you your winnings and then we will send you 2$ to try it out!" and leave out the $50 min wd part. That might clean up the games a lot and make gp security's life a lot easier but still keep new players coming in?"

or another one I had after that would be for GP to somehow flag stts that ended in "x" # of hands, maybe 10-20 and review them to make sure there's nothing nefarious going on? I can't imagine that many legit games where everyone goes aipf 1st hand and are over a few hands later maybe a few here and there but not many or often.

The only argument i can see for this even being possible legit play is the rapid growth in traffic and the average skill level of the new influx of players due to the grizzly series starting. Still unlikely imo.

Last edited by big bwalz; Yesterday at 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling
big bwalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:40 AM   #838
lagtight
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 286
Re: Global Poker Improvement Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentcityking View Post
Very first ****ing hand of a 55 cent turbo that I played in. All of these clowns joined the table at the same time. Also everyone except me (crescentcityking) ended up going all in with any two at the same time afterwards. If you guys don't see what's wrong in this picture, then I give up with your website and I want my deposit back:

I'm not sure what your complaint is here. After one hand, you're already on the bubble. You have at least a 67% chance of cashing. Seems to me you'll make a lot of money if every SNG you play in goes like this.

So, basically you're upset because your opponents play like idiots? Please explain.

Thanks. And have a blessed day.

Last edited by lagtight; Today at 12:42 AM. Reason: added something
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online