Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Global Poker The social poker site where you can play for free and win sweepstakes prizes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #2251
HugeStacks
banned
 
HugeStacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: New York
Posts: 365
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskan View Post
Despite their software bugs and glitches, their interface seems much smoother and faster than Ignition.

I've just made my first deposit on Ignition a few days ago and their software is driving me nuts.

The pots on average seem bigger at Global too.
Thanks for the reply on this. I'm sure they'll work out the glitches over time but until then, I don't see the harm in making a small deposit to get started. Over on RCP, guys are saying it's the softest network an American can play on, too. I've been playing on BOL and Ignition a lot lately and if Global is any softer, I simply can't miss out on that game selection.
HugeStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:32 AM   #2252
berya
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,370
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Haven't played on Global in like 5 months. Came back yesterday and the first thing that jumps out at me is NO SOUND of any kind using google chrome (thought my sound card went bad or something). Had to try microsoft edge or whatever as per someone's suggestion (thank you for that whoever it was).

After 5 months of not playing on Global --> the software seems even worse than it was 5 months ago if it's humanly possible.

To me one word describes their software - horrible (lower case because Ignition's software is probably one of the worst of all time and that's their main competition, just freaking brutal)
berya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:43 PM   #2253
Dunamo
grinder
 
Dunamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 599
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Cannot deposit. Playing on a Mac. HTTP Status 404-Not Found. I have contacted customer support. Tried every suggestion, cleared cache, history, opened private windows. Tried using different browsers, logged in from my phone. No luck.

Any one have any suggestions?
Dunamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:45 PM   #2254
nick619
adept
 
nick619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 761
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunamo View Post
Cannot deposit. Playing on a Mac. HTTP Status 404-Not Found. I have contacted customer support. Tried every suggestion, cleared cache, history, opened private windows. Tried using different browsers, logged in from my phone. No luck.

Any one have any suggestions?

If you think the mac is the problem, try depositing on your phone. Once the money is there, you should have no problem playing on your mac. I use firefox on my imac to 6 table every day.
nick619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #2255
Dunamo
grinder
 
Dunamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 599
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick619 View Post
If you think the mac is the problem, try depositing on your phone. Once the money is there, you should have no problem playing on your mac. I use firefox on my imac to 6 table every day.
Tried from phone. Same error. emailed paypal and Global multiple times, neither has an understanding of the situation.
Dunamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #2256
nick619
adept
 
nick619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 761
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunamo View Post
Tried from phone. Same error. emailed paypal and Global multiple times, neither has an understanding of the situation.

If you’re having the same problem from multiple devices, sounds like the issue is with your paypal account. Just my opinion.
nick619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:33 PM   #2257
Dunamo
grinder
 
Dunamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 599
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

I finally was able to deposit. But then today I was playing the $20+$2 $7500Guarentee and the tournament disappeared a few levels in. Still waiting to hear back.
Dunamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:01 PM   #2258
gottalovelife
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 28
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunamo View Post
I finally was able to deposit. But then today I was playing the $20+$2 $7500Guarentee and the tournament disappeared a few levels in. Still waiting to hear back.
Yikes. This is frustrating to hear. Let's see if GP goes above and beyond.
gottalovelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #2259
twalf
adept
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 701
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

I just won a seat to Rattlesnake 08-H. The tournament has already started but late reg is still open. I was not automatically registered for the tournament as was supposed to happen, and the ticket is not in my inventory. What to do?

EDIT: It looks like my ticket was used to automatically register for 17-H which is next Sunday. I'm not able to unregister. Very strange that it would register me for next week when my satty was specifically for 08 and registration for 08 had not ended yet. So I'm stuck playing next Sunday. Hope I don't have any plans.

Last edited by twalf; 05-06-2018 at 06:10 PM.
twalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:53 PM   #2260
Zenzor
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,377
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

I'm surprised Paypal is allowing Global to use it as a payment processor. Paypal always maintained a strict attitude against gambling, churning, KYC, etc.

Are there instances of Paypal banning accounts that attempt to withdraw winnings (from Paypal -> Wire)? I just started playing on Global and am concerned that a wire withdrawal from Paypal might get my account banned.
Zenzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:04 PM   #2261
genghiskan
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 175
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenzor View Post
Are there instances of Paypal banning accounts that attempt to withdraw winnings (from Paypal -> Wire)? I just started playing on Global and am concerned that a wire withdrawal from Paypal might get my account banned.
That's always a possibility and the risk but hasn't happened yet.
genghiskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:51 AM   #2262
Cbkoy
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Have anyone ever get this message "Sorry we cant complete your purchase at this time. Please return to merchant and choose another way to pay" when trying to make a deposit?
Cbkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:27 AM   #2263
Cbkoy
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTony View Post
I have had zero issues depositing and cashing out with Global Poker until yesterday and still today. When I try to make a deposit I get this message,

PayPal
Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

Is this a Paypal Issue? I dont have any funds in my Paypal Account, I use my linked Debit Card which Ive always used with no issues since my very first deposit.

Why now am I getting this message and not able to make a deposit?
I am getting the same message. Can any oil be help with this?
Cbkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:24 AM   #2264
genghiskan
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 175
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Does anyone know the maximum amount you can deposit in one day? Is it $500?
genghiskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #2265
gottalovelife
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 28
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunamo View Post
Cannot deposit. Playing on a Mac. HTTP Status 404-Not Found. I have contacted customer support. Tried every suggestion, cleared cache, history, opened private windows. Tried using different browsers, logged in from my phone. No luck.

Any one have any suggestions?
This is somewhat disconcerting. I was able to successfully deposit on the 4th. Chrome macOS 10.13.
gottalovelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:10 PM   #2266
shawnb4595
journeyman
 
shawnb4595's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bluffalo NY
Posts: 349
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskan View Post
Does anyone know the maximum amount you can deposit in one day? Is it $500?
You are not depositing money. You are using real money to purchase Gold Coins and when you do this you get free $weeps cash. If you choose the $5000 package you receive 25 million gold coins and a bonus of 5000 $weeps cash which is used to play the games you are able to cash out as real money through pay pal. There is no limit to how many packages you purchase per day.
shawnb4595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:20 PM   #2267
genghiskan
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 175
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnb4595 View Post
You are not depositing money. You are using real money to purchase Gold Coins and when you do this you get free $weeps cash. If you choose the $5000 package you receive 25 million gold coins and a bonus of 5000 $weeps cash which is used to play the games you are able to cash out as real money through pay pal. There is no limit to how many packages you purchase per day.
Yeah, I understand how it works. I didn't want to bother with the semantics.

I asked because it seemed like $500 was the highest $weeps cash available for purchase. But if there is no limit to how many packages of these you can buy per day, I guess that answers the question.
genghiskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #2268
shawnb4595
journeyman
 
shawnb4595's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bluffalo NY
Posts: 349
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskan View Post
Yeah, I understand how it works. I didn't want to bother with the semantics.

I asked because it seemed like $500 was the highest $weeps cash available for purchase. But if there is no limit to how many packages of these you can buy per day, I guess that answers the question.
You must not know how it works if you think $500 is the highest $weepscash available for purchase. $5000 is the highest package Mr. Semantics.
shawnb4595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:28 PM   #2269
kyang314
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 186
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

is anybody else having issues with sound?
kyang314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:32 PM   #2270
genghiskan
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 175
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnb4595 View Post
You must not know how it works if you think $500 is the highest $weepscash available for purchase. $5000 is the highest package Mr. Semantics.
From the player lobby, if you click on the "buy gold coins", $500 is the highest package. I just learned that if you do it from global's main page, then $5,000 IS the highest package, as you mentioned.

Why don't you enlighten everyone who uses the word "deposit" in relation to global, douche?
genghiskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:25 PM   #2271
lagtight
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lagtight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 8,122
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyang314 View Post
is anybody else having issues with sound?
I think everyone who uses Chrome is having sound issues. I've been told that sound is ok if you use Firefox.
lagtight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:19 AM   #2272
big bwalz
self-banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: land of the self banned
Posts: 949
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagtight View Post
I think everyone who uses Chrome is having sound issues. I've been told that sound is ok if you use Firefox.
firefox times out with 1 table running the lag is so bad, chrome has no sound so pick your poison or wait for them to fix it like I have been but seems like im missing a lot of value doing the latter.
big bwalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:40 AM   #2273
splayaa
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,546
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bwalz View Post
firefox times out with 1 table running the lag is so bad, chrome has no sound so pick your poison or wait for them to fix it like I have been but seems like im missing a lot of value doing the latter.
I had 3 tables going last night with Firefox and saw no issues. I don't run chrome so I don't know about the sound issues. Still if the lag was on only 1 table, perhaps something else is going on there besides Firefox and Global. Surely these forums would be lit up if everyone was having troubles with having more than 1 table open.
splayaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #2274
flopflop
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 151
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bwalz View Post
firefox times out with 1 table running the lag is so bad, chrome has no sound so pick your poison or wait for them to fix it like I have been but seems like im missing a lot of value doing the latter.
i currently have sound on chrome
flopflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #2275
shawnb4595
journeyman
 
shawnb4595's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bluffalo NY
Posts: 349
Re: General questions Globalpoker.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskan View Post
From the player lobby, if you click on the "buy gold coins", $500 is the highest package. I just learned that if you do it from global's main page, then $5,000 IS the highest package, as you mentioned.

Why don't you enlighten everyone who uses the word "deposit" in relation to global, douche?
I'm in the lobby and not the main page. I can purchase 5K worth from there. and I am not out to enlighten anyone on the word deposit. In your post it seemed like you were not familiar with the concept that's why I tried to explain it to you, trying to help. You put me down using the word "semantics" and now calling me a douche. You will now receive a 1 round penalty. GG, GL and see you on the felt. No need to reply as you are now dead to me. Good day sir.
shawnb4595 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive